Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161076 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 3:37am On Dec 04, 2020
It is well oh. I am honestly trying to get answers too. The gurus here can help with a good advise I believe. It can only end in praise.
Jelam:
@Teemade
I also got the NSE message
But my bank standard chartered doesn’t give the mybankstatement financial certificate stuff.
What do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oyinlove15: 3:48am On Dec 04, 2020
Please did you get a mail in regards to this or you saw the update on your gc key account

MadeMan01:
October 9 applicant. My eligibility review has started today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 4:03am On Dec 04, 2020
Big congratulations to you! All I can say is wow... considering all the documents you didn't provide and a 1page SOP. This is an assurance that the God factor is super key, it's not just about the documents. Congrats again.

adeenzo:
This is a full thread of my application, i would make it as concise as possible.
Application date: Sept 7th (with previous biometrics)
School: Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.
course: Electronics Engineering (Diploma)

Forms submitted :
ALL IMM forms, Int passport, Passport photograph etc

Client Information:
SOP -one page (I made 2 typo errors I wanted to cry when I found out)
Letter of guardianship from my siblings in Canada (i encourage anybody that has a sibling in Canada to do this, whether you are above 21 or below)
Letter of recommendation from my place of work (didn't include employment letter and paystub)- IT Systems Administrator for 3 years
Waec certificate year 2009, I forgot to include my Bsc and I didn't include my NYSC as well

Proof of funds:
sponsorship letter from my parents
Receipt of Full first year tuition payment
Mother bank statement (Canadian bank) showing 10k cad
Dad's bank statement showing 1.3m naira

Took the leap of faith by doing upfront medicals when I waited for over 2 months and no response.
Med passed in 5 days
6 days later BVL and PPR..

I thank God for this, and also I am highly grateful for everybody that contributed one way or the other.
There isn't any method to the Canada application, just do your due diligence, be patient, and pray.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 4:17am On Dec 04, 2020
Hello @Time2soar, please confirm why you said it is not advisable to opt out of NSE. What do you do when you don't have the requirements? Thanks in advance.

Time2soar:

Write the IELTS test,
Your application will likely be on hold until the due date for the submission of NSE requested documents

It is not advisable to opt out of NSE

Not sure on this but if you receive the NSE letter it means your application is still on track and your chance of approval increases if you submit the requested documents

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 4:22am On Dec 04, 2020
Good morning everyone. For those that have written ielts online for academic. Please where did u get your past questions. Please I need reply on this. I'm writing mine on saturday next week and I want to start preparing please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Makitoperor: 5:18am On Dec 04, 2020
Good morning everyone,
So I submitted my studyVisa application online on the last week of October I was able to do also do my biometric on the 10th of November.. but the issue now is I don’t know how long it takes for the processing but I saw it take at least three months On the internet and I do not have up to three months on my admission letter cause it expires on the 13th of January.. what can I do about this.. pls I need ideas

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tt4tolu(f): 5:58am On Dec 04, 2020
[Have you received the NSE letterquote author=Makitoperor post=96711030]Good morning everyone,
So I submitted my studyVisa application online on the last week of October I was able to do also do my biometric on the 10th of November.. but the issue now is I don’t know how long it takes for the processing but I saw it take at least three months On the internet and I do not have up to three months on my admission letter cause it expires on the 13th of January.. what can I do about this.. pls I need ideas [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tt4tolu(f): 5:59am On Dec 04, 2020
Download your IELTS materials from playstore
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by feclela(m): 6:34am On Dec 04, 2020
Good morning house,

I'm going to get Recommendation Letter and Letter of English Proficiency from my school today.

1. Please is there anyone with sample of the above documents so I can show them what I need ?
2. Do I need to address it to the school or otherwise (I'm planning of applying to 2 or more schools).

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 6:34am On Dec 04, 2020
Yes oh, very valid question.

bidemialade43:

Yes, this information helps but the 30kCAD... is it before or after paying tuition fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 6:35am On Dec 04, 2020
oyinlove15:
Please did you get a mail in regards to this or you saw the update on your gc key account

I saw an update in my GCKey. No mail. I check my GCKEY Morning and Evening unless I see an email mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 6:38am On Dec 04, 2020
Makitoperor:
Good morning everyone,
So I submitted my studyVisa application online on the last week of October I was able to do also do my biometric on the 10th of November.. but the issue now is I don’t know how long it takes for the processing but I saw it take at least three months On the internet and I do not have up to three months on my admission letter cause it expires on the 13th of January.. what can I do about this.. pls I need ideas

Very late. Defer admission to May or September 2021. I advise September. Avoid rushing so you make no errors and have time to provide any docs asked of you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 6:41am On Dec 04, 2020
Anon123:

this is my advice...

please change the course to a PGD in business admin.... do not go for another bsc cos theres no academic or career progression here.

Ooh. He would have his SP in his next application. I can feel it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sleekigboguy: 7:12am On Dec 04, 2020
Good morning guys.. i sent my passport for fianal stamp and approval.. but i haven't heard anything yet and its been quite long i sent it.
Please what can i do to track it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:15am On Dec 04, 2020
feclela:
Good morning house,

I'm going to get Recommendation Letter and Letter of English Proficiency from my school today.

1. Please is there anyone with sample of the above documents so I can show them what I need ?
2. Do I need to address it to the school or otherwise (I'm planning of applying to 2 or more schools).

Thanks
Good morning

1) Find attached a Sample LETTER OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY FROM A SCHOOL. Its your school SENATE that will give u this LETTER

- Google search RECOMMENDATION LETTER FOR ADMISSION for samples

Its a Lecturer or HOD of the dept. u graduated from that's likely gonna give u a RECOMMENDATION LETTER

2) For English Proficiency Letter,

No, u are not addressing to the skool or anywhere

Every information on the Proficiency letter is about the school you graduated from cos they are the one issuing it.

The only thing that shows it is being directed to the school in CANADA is

"TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN"

Which means u can use that same ENGLISH PROFICIENCY LETTER for other skools or other things

For Recommendation Letter,

- Recommendation Letter is to be addressed to that Canadian skool u wanna get admission to

e.g

The Admission Committee,
Department of Sorosoke Management,
Sinzu College
419, Bombaclat Street,
SoroSoke Avenue, Ontario
N9Z 6D9, Canada

To Whom It May Concern,

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION: MISS LINDA BURATAI PIZARRO

Its my honour to recommend Miss Linda Buratai Pizarro for admission into the Graduate Certificate Program (SoroSoke Management) at Sinzu College.

I have known her for blah blah blah....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 7:19am On Dec 04, 2020
MadeMan01:
;

cheesy grin bros you no dey sleep? 2:49a.m and you still awake . Na wa o. Canada don turn men and women to night walkers.lol

Abi nah. Wetin woman pikin go do.. cheesy grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toceenay(m): 7:21am On Dec 04, 2020
kesiana:
Hello everyone . Pls I need your help . I have gotten my admission and paid my tuition for university of regina. I submitted my app on sept 5 and got a denial a week after . Based on 3 counts :1- he isn’t satisfied I will return based on my purpose of visit .
2: he wasn’t satisfied I will return based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence .
3: he wasn’t satisfied I will leave based on personal assets and financial status.
I was made aware I made some mistakes in my first app cause I used myself as sponsor and I am an enterpreneur . I’m presently planning to reapply, this time using my mom as my sponsor. Is there anything I strongly need to add as have been seeing tax clearance and pls keep in mind am an entrepreneur , no employer. I still understand number 3 but I’m confused to reason 1 & 2. Pls I will appreciate any form of help as am new to the forum . Thank you so much

One more thing . I googled how to get a detailed gcms notes , it’s saying you have to be a Canadian citizen , dunno how true or if there’s another way .
Thank you
Sorry about that, don't give up... Just prepare yourself well and reapply. You'll get handful of tips here that'll help you this time around. Based on the 3 reasons mentioned for the denial, I guess you understand the 3rd reason very well. But all reasons still point out to the fact that the VO is not convinced you'll return to Nigeria. So:
Q. what are the home ties you mentioned in your application?
Q. For the 2nd point you mentioned, what course did you apply for?
Q. What did you study in your undergraduate degree?
Q. Is their any career progression between?
Q. And what reasons did you give that show how you intend to practice/work back here in Nigeria when you're done?

These are the questions you need to find answers to before you reapply, and join everything together to form a strong SOP.

As many have mentioned, request for your GCSM note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by feclela(m): 7:23am On Dec 04, 2020
Oh man, thanks a bunch.

For clarity: if a Proficiency letter is directed to a school in canada, how can I use it for another school cos it will carry the address of the school I am applying to just like attached.

Lekiboboe:

Good morning

1) Find attached a Sample LETTER OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY FROM A SCHOOL. Its your school SENATE that will give u this LETTER

- Google search RECOMMENDATION LETTER FOR ADMISSION for samples

Its a Lecturer or HOD of the dept. u graduated from that's likely gonna give u a RECOMMENDATION LETTER

2) For English Proficiency Letter,

No, u are not addressing to the skool or anywhere

Every information on the Proficiency letter is about the school you graduated from cos they are the one issuing it.

The only thing that shows it is being directed to the school in CANADA is

"TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN"

Which means u can use that same ENGLISH PROFICIENCY LETTER for other skools or other things

- Recommendation Letter is to be addressed to that Canadian skool u wanna get admission to

e.g

The Admission Committee,
Department of Sorosoke Management,
Sinzu College
419, Bombaclat Street,
SoroSoke Avenue, Ontario
N9Z 6D9, Canada

To Whom It May Concern,

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION: MISS LINDA BURATAI PIZARRO

Its my honour to recommend Miss Linda Buratai Pizarro for admission into the Graduate Certificate Program (SoroSoke Management) at Sinzu College.

I have known her for blah blah blah....

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toceenay(m): 7:23am On Dec 04, 2020
Time2soar:

list of bank offering mybankstatement

Bank Branch
Access Bank Plc
Access Bank Plc (Diamond Bank Plc)
Fidelity Bank Plc
First City Monument Bank Plc
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
United Bank for Africa Plc
Zenith Bank Plc
Heritage Bank Limited
Ecobank Nigeria Plc
Polaris Bank Limited
Sterling Bank Plc
Wema Bank Plc
Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
Providus Bank Limited
Wow, thank you so much for this... Well appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 04, 2020
TeeMade:
Hello @Time2soar, please confirm why you said it is not advisable to opt out of NSE. What do you do when you don't have the requirements? Thanks in advance.

Even if your bank is not on mybankstatement you should still send one year bank history and IELTS,. if these documents will not improve your study permit application, ircc will not put your application on hold pending when they receive this documents or the due date to submit them passed.

When IRCC send NSE letter it is because they know it gives you a better chance of approval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:26am On Dec 04, 2020
Good morning to y'all

I got a question

Can someone with an HND do a Post-Baccalaureate program ?

I got a friend who has an HND in Microbiology, and wants to do a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Food Bioscience at Dalhousie University

Based on her HND qualification, is she eligible for a Post Baccalaureate Program?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:26am On Dec 04, 2020
feclela:
Oh man, thanks a bunch

U are welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by brovaSketch: 7:35am On Dec 04, 2020
I was hoping that Lekiboboe would come and answer until I saw the poster grin

Lekiboboe:
Good morning to y'all

I got a question

I got a friend who has an HND in Microbiology, and wants to do a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Food Bioscience at Dalhousie University

Based on her HND qualification, is she eligible for a Post Baccalaureate Program?

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 7:36am On Dec 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Good morning to y'all

I got a question

Thanks

I think different schools have different requirements for post Baccalaureate programs
Best way to know if she’s eligible is to email the school and ask.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 04, 2020
brovaSketch:

e shock you say Honorable lekiboboe with co-op dey ask questions too grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 04, 2020
I have been seeing how you have been advocating for NSE.Please do you work with CIC?How did you know that it gives someone a better chance of approval?You even went as far as posting that people should not opt out of it. Please stop instigating fear into people. NSE is a faster route that is the only thing that makes it different from the normal processing. Is not everyone that wants to write IELTS.Allow them to make their choice and stop spreading fear.
Time2soar:

Even if your bank is not on mybankstatement you should still send one year bank history and IELTS,. if these documents will not improve your study permit application, ircc will not put your application on hold pending when they receive this documents or the due date to submit them passed.

When IRCC send NSE letter it is because they know it gives you a better chance of approval

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:44am On Dec 04, 2020
brovaSketch:

Hahahahahaha

LWKMD cheesy

Well,

No Man is an Island of Knowledge

I only know that " B.SC holders do apply for Post Baccalaureate Programs"

I don't know if HND holders does

We learn everyday wink

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:45am On Dec 04, 2020
SKEPTA:

I think different schools have different requirements for post Baccalaureate programs
Best way to know if she’s eligible is to email the school and ask.
Ok Hon. Skepta,

Roger that....

I will tell her to do that ASAP

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by brovaSketch: 7:46am On Dec 04, 2020
Abi o

Tonyodg2:
e shock you say Honorable lekiboboe with co-op dey ask questions too grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by brovaSketch: 7:47am On Dec 04, 2020
Na so! Bless you bro!

Lekiboboe:

Hahahahahaha

LWKMD cheesy

Well,

No Man is an Island of Knowledge

I only know that " B.SC holders do apply for Post Baccalaureate Programs"

I don't know if HND holders does

We learn everyday wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 7:48am On Dec 04, 2020
TeeMade:
Big congratulations to you! All I can say is wow... considering all the documents you didn't provide and a 1page SOP. This is an assurance that the God factor is super key, it's not just about the documents. Congrats again.

Yes ooo, it has been God all the way.... I had submitted my application before I even knew there was a forum on nairaland for student visa. I felt so bad that only if I knew this before, I would have made my documentation more solid. But we thank God for his grace and mercies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by brovaSketch: 7:55am On Dec 04, 2020
I fell victim of scam too before coming to Nairaland... My story go sweet when my application finish sha

Congrats again bro!

adeenzo:

Yes ooo, it has been God all the way.... I had submitted my application before I even knew there was a forum on nairaland for student visa. I felt so bad that only if I knew this before, I would have made my documentation more solid. But we thank God for his grace and mercies.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.