Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,516 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (639) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1173713 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by buzzme: 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
I am also going through the same thing. I am applying for my sister in Humber and she only have her Statement of result. What I decided to to, was to create a WES account for her and sent her transcripts and certification to them... So that when the soft copy comes out, we can use it and apply. I stand to be corrected although.

NairaLuck:

Honourable Lekiboboe,
I am not sure she'll get it

When I applied I attached everything but a friend of mine also applied with statement of result with explanation that he just graduated, they asked he to get his HND 1 (1st and 2nd) + HND 2 (1st Semester) directly from the school.

He applied for Supply Chains Management.

So I don't think he/she would get it, may they may get a conditional offer of acceptance pending a complete documentation.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Wifefo88: 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
Wifefo88:
Hello...

Please who has paid tuition fee using union bank international wire transfer

Please anybody I need reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kesiana(f): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Hello everyone . Pls I need your help . I have gotten my admission and paid my tuition for university of regina. I submitted my app on sept 5 and got a denial a week after . Based on 3 counts :1- he isn’t satisfied I will return based on my purpose of visit .
2: he wasn’t satisfied I will return based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence .
3: he wasn’t satisfied I will leave based on personal assets and financial status.
I was made aware I made some mistakes in my first app cause I used myself as sponsor and I am an enterpreneur . I’m presently planning to reapply, this time using my mom as my sponsor. Is there anything I strongly need to add as have been seeing tax clearance and pls keep in mind am an entrepreneur , no employer. I still understand number 3 but I’m confused to reason 1 & 2. Pls I will appreciate any form of help as am new to the forum . Thank you so much

One more thing . I googled how to get a detailed gcms notes , it’s saying you have to be a Canadian citizen , dunno how true or if there’s another way .
Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
kesiana:
Hello everyone . Pls I need your help . I have gotten my admission and paid my tuition for university of regina. I submitted my app on sept 5 and got a denial a week after . Based on 3 counts :1- he isn’t satisfied I will return based on my purpose of visit .
2: he wasn’t satisfied I will return based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence .
3: he wasn’t satisfied I will leave based on personal assets and financial status.
I was made aware I made some mistakes in my first app cause I used myself as sponsor and I am an enterpreneur . I’m presently planning to reapply, this time using my mom as my sponsor. Is there anything I strongly need to add as have been seeing tax clearance and pls keep in mind am an entrepreneur , no employer . Pls I will appreciate any form of help as am new to the forum . Thank you so much

One more thing . I googled how to get a detailed gcms notes , it’s saying you have to be a Canadian citizen , dunno how true or if there’s another way .
Thank you
Google gcmbuddy, you'll see how to get it, but it takes between 25days and 35days to get it. For $12
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2020
Tonyodg2:
for all banks ?

I don't know about the other banks, I was at Standard Chartered Bank. I thought they all follow the same policy for programs like this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
LAGOS VFS should do the needful ASAP

cos I jz heard another EndSARS protest (Second Wave) is looming DECEMBER 7
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kesiana(f): 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
Pls anybody I need help .. I am scared to reapply . No1&2 is quite confusing . I get reason number 3 cry cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
NairaLuck:

Honourable Lekiboboe,
I am not sure she'll get it

When I applied I attached everything but a friend of mine also applied with statement of result with explanation that he just graduated, they asked he to get his HND 1 (1st and 2nd) + HND 2 (1st Semester) directly from the school.

He applied for Supply Chains Management.

So I don't think he/she would get it, may they may get a conditional offer of acceptance pending a complete documentation.

Ok Hon. Nairaluck, thanks for the detailed info.

Would let her know about this based on experience information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kesiana(f): 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
NairaLuck:

Google gcmbuddy, you'll see how to get it, but it takes between 25days and 35days to get it. For $12
Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 10:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
kesiana:
Pls anybody I need help .. I am scared to reapply . No1&2 is quite confusing . I get reason number 3 cry cry

Get your gcms note before applying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 10:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
I really hope not. Also, when you get any updates from VFS about your passport return, please let us know. My friend has the same timeline as you and some other people on this forum. He already received the LOI and counterfoil but no update from VFS since the last update about sending the passport to the visa office...

Lekiboboe:
LAGOS VFS should do the needful ASAP

cos I jz heard another EndSARS protest (Second Wave) is looming DECEMBER 7

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 10:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
davo99:
Hi house, please what is the AIP process for? what are the "ToDo's" once an AIP is gotten?
Thanks for helping smiley

AIP, Approved In Principle was introduced by IRCC as a two-stage process for Temporary Resident Visa Approval during the peak of COVID-19, mostly for Fall 2020 students to start online classes. It was discontinued on September 15 2020. Normal TRV Visa application process has resumed since then.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by iampaulsmith(m): 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
A friend got this mail when she sent a mail to Qlife to book for a medical exam. Seems like both centres are unavailable at the moment.
lamlohlah:

Dont register at IOM clinic , they have been collecting people money and telling them to come back new year for upfront medical.

Useless clinic , after collecting my money and they came up with plenty stories. I haven't done my upfront medical till now . waiting for qlife date.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 03, 2020
Insanity:

I don't know about the other banks, I was at Standard Chartered Bank. I thought they all follow the same policy for programs like this.
oh that bank hmm I doubt o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by VivaNG: 11:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
kesiana:
I was made aware I made some mistakes in my first app cause I used myself as sponsor and I am an enterpreneur . I’m presently planning to reapply, this time using my mom as my sponsor. Is there anything I strongly need to add as have been seeing tax clearance and pls keep in mind am an entrepreneur , no employer. I still understand number 3 but I’m confused to reason 1 & 2. Pls I will appreciate any form of help as am new to the forum . Thank you so much

Thank you

I'd suggest you request for GCMS Note. A relative of mine used this site to get her GCMS Note for Canada Study Visa on www.canadagcmsnote.com. She was able to pay directly Naira and I believe it was about 7K.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oluwaseyitanfun(f): 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Frankrobbn1,

Like you already know, Academic Institution and Immigration are two separate entity. Academic institution literally don't accept IELTS General as a valid/thorough assessment but Immigration would accept IELTS Academic, ONLY if its via the Study route.

Meaning, any of both for applicants immigrating through the study route would essentially suffice to meet the need. NSE is an imitation of SDS which accepts IELTS General for the Stream even when the purpose of travel is noted as study.

I am of the strong opinion that same is applicable for NSE program because the IELTS as part of the program requirements was categorically SPECIFIC by the use of "OR" without sub-specifying.

How's the goings bro?!

Cheers!

I have a question please and it is urgent .. I got the NSE mail 3days ago, but I got my admission without ielts. I was initially preparing for my ielts (General) because I intended going through the EE route, but I eventually opted for study permit.

I have a month as deadline to submit the request and I've actually concluded on writing ielts as soon as possible. Now to my questions :
1 - is it advisable I write the ielts now just to fast track my application?

2 - does it mean my application won't be attended to till after the one month deadline that was given?

3 - Can I write to them to just continue the normal process since I do not have all the requirements(which is only the ielts).

4 - A friend said it's not everyone that's receiving the request and if an applicant receives the NSE request, it only means the applicant is likely to be given the study permit. Is this true? I'm so sorry for my questions, I'm just confused.

Thanks a bunch, as I am anticipating your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by davo99: 12:04am On Dec 04, 2020
Wow....Thank you. So that means that after this "eligibility review" stage, it is straight to PPR and so on for say, an application submitted in November and or December.
Insanity:

AIP, Approved In Principle was introduced by IRCC as a two-stage process for Temporary Resident Visa Approval during the peak of COVID-19, mostly for Fall 2020 students to start online classes. It was discontinued on September 15 2020. Normal TRV Visa application process has resumed since then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 12:10am On Dec 04, 2020
adeenzo:
PPR just dropped... yes yes yes
I am so happy right now...
Timeline
1st time applicant
Submitted 7th of September
I didn’t receive any medical request for close to 2-3 months so I decided to do my upfront medicals, my medicals was updated to pass on the 27th of NOV and my BVL and PPR dropped 3rd of December...

Thank God.
Please guys don’t give up abeg... just believe.
I will be back with more info

Congrats Hon. Adeenzo...
It ended in praises... I pray mine and other PPR hopefuls end in praises too. It ain’t easy waiting!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 12:21am On Dec 04, 2020
Mehn over a month now and no medical request and no emails from IRCC, I used an agent who happened to be my mom friend, I told the agent about doing an upfront medical since 2 weeks ago and she said I should wait till they request for it, and i had to take a chill pill because doing anything against her might make mom angry that do I know better than her!... Who knows maybe my upfront medicals would have been approved�.... I don’t even know if my eligibility review has started because I don’t have access to my GCkey, i only have my email logged in on my phone and the last email I got from IRCC was when i did my biometrics a month ago!... if I had known about nairaland and this thread earlier i would have done everything myself because even now oversabi dy do me lol, i got to know about nairaland and this thread when I went for my biometrics in Lag and the Uber Driver i took in front of VFS engaged me in a conversation told me that he wants to travel out too and that nairaland has helped him out a lot without using agent, I was suprised and came on here and ever since have been here i got to know IGNORANCE is one of MAN greatest Enemy! In fact I just finish reading my SOP and Letter of Sponsor for my mom for the 1500000000th time lol

All in all, it will end in praises
I can’t do an upfront medical until IRCC request for it!
But the wait is so tiring and my school is resuming by Jan 6. Don’t even know if eligibility review has started.
It will end in praises again.

Let me go and pray a bit because God said even a faith that is as small as a mustard seed can move mountains, I have faith before the end of December i will be given PPR!
Any opinions and ideas from the gurus.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 12:26am On Dec 04, 2020
Pimp04:
[Hi, kindly send me the link to the forum too, we are together.
quote author=mankind5050 post=96332388]Congratulations again.There is a Telegram Forum for Conestoga College Students from Nigeria. I sent u message.check your email
Pls how do i join the conestoga telegram group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 12:37am On Dec 04, 2020
Hey Guys
I swear I just got a message from IRCC now that they need something from me to continue the application.. How God work miraculously...
I am calling the agent first thing tomorrow, whenever an email pop up on my phone I checked it hurriedly for the past a month .... Please God do this for me and other PPR hopeful..
If it is a Medical request does that mean I am really on the right track.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 04, 2020
Toceenay:

Please, do you know/have list of banks that offer this "mybankstatements", it looks like many of them don't!

list of bank offering mybankstatement

Bank Branch
Access Bank Plc
Access Bank Plc (Diamond Bank Plc)
Fidelity Bank Plc
First City Monument Bank Plc
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
United Bank for Africa Plc
Zenith Bank Plc
Heritage Bank Limited
Ecobank Nigeria Plc
Polaris Bank Limited
Sterling Bank Plc
Wema Bank Plc
Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
Providus Bank Limited
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 04, 2020
recxa:

It's also available in Ikoyi. I'm writing mine on Saturday and they sent me a confirmation email. It stated that it's computer based.

That is good, previously they said it was available only in Yaba center
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 1:48am On Dec 04, 2020
Time2soar:

That is good, previously they said it was available only in Yaba center

Please can i see how the message you received from IRCC about the NSE looks like, i received an email from them not long ago and i don’t know what it is since I can’t access my GCkey, but I know it’s either a medical request or this NSE of a thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 04, 2020
HorlarJP:

Please can i see how the message you received from IRCC about the NSE looks like, i received an email from them not long ago and i don’t know what it is since I can’t access my GCkey, but I know it’s either a medical request or this NSE of a thing.

I did not receive NSE letter but here is a sample email from IRCC

A message about your application is waiting for you.

We sent you a message about your application to your account.

To read your message:

1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Check full application status under View the applications you submitted.
3. Scroll down to the Messages about your application section.
4. Click on the Subject of the new message to read it.

Sign in to your account

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we will also send you email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bawsse(m): 2:33am On Dec 04, 2020
davo99:
1. Yes, an IELTS result is valid for about 2 years for CIC.
2. This depends on the course you're studying, as the competitiveness differs from course to course for both UG and PG, but if you already have a UG, I think a PG will be better in VO's eyes for "Career progression", hence gives you a better chance.
3. The NSE route might be best for you, read this thread, the last 50 pages pretty much sums everything up with repetition, also start building up your bank account, so the money accumulates over a few months before getting you "MyBankStatement" Doc. So you'd basically put all the normal document along side the NSE requirements. Other ppl here would have better tips to share though, so keep asking. Success in your application.

Thanks for your reply sir.... Really appreciate it.
How do I begin the NSE application

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:42am On Dec 04, 2020
Oluwaseyitanfun:

I have a question please and it is urgent .. I got the NSE mail 3days ago, but I got my admission without ielts. I was initially preparing for my ielts (General) because I intended going through the EE route, but I eventually opted for study permit.

I have a month as deadline to submit the request and I've actually concluded on writing ielts as soon as possible. Now to my questions :
1 - is it advisable I write the ielts now just to fast track my application?

2 - does it mean my application won't be attended to till after the one month deadline that was given?

3 - Can I write to them to just continue the normal process since I do not have all the requirements(which is only the ielts).

4 - A friend said it's not everyone that's receiving the request and if an applicant receives the NSE request, it only means the applicant is likely to be given the study permit. Is this true? I'm so sorry for my questions, I'm just confused.

Thanks a bunch, as I am anticipating your response.

Write the IELTS test,
Your application will likely be on hold until the due date for the submission of NSE requested documents

It is not advisable to opt out of NSE

Not sure on this but if you receive the NSE letter it means your application is still on track and your chance of approval increases if you submit the requested documents

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 2:49am On Dec 04, 2020
HorlarJP:
Hey Guys
I swear I just got a message from IRCC now that they need something from me to continue the application.. How God work miraculously...
I am calling the agent first thing tomorrow, whenever an email pop up on my phone I checked it hurriedly for the past a month .... Please God do this for me and other PPR hopeful..
If it is a Medical request does that mean I am really on the right track.

NSE . Goodluck . cheesy grin . Here is mine.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 3:02am On Dec 04, 2020
@frankrobbn1 I'll really appreciate your response and that of other gurus here. I am considering providing a response to them that I do not have the required documents and explain in details, especially for the fact that my hubby/sponsor's bank (First Bank) does not issue the MyBankStatement certificate and some of the proof of funds submitted are in several investments with documented evidences provided. So they should kindly resume processing of my application rather than just waiting till the due date which is Dec. 31st and my program start date is Jan. 4th. Biko help oh

TeeMade:
Please I need your advise @frankrobbn1. My hubby is my sponsor and he uses First Bank which I hear does not issue this financial certificate being requested, for the NSE processing route. We also have our our joint accounts with Stanbic, have our bulk funds in Stanbic Asset Management account and Stanbic USD Funds account. The Asset management arm of the bank is also a separate financial body that may not offer the requested certificate since its not a typical bank. Also, I submitted documents from several financial institutions showing proof of investments in local and foreign shares plus my own available funds as well which makes up all the proof of financial support that I submitted with my application. My questions therefore are:
1. Will it suffice if some of the funds are moved to my personal account to make up the required 6months funds while I explain the lump sum in a letter? especially since the funds are coming from thesame financial sources for which i have initially presented documents when i submitted my application?

2. Does the 6months funds include or exclude tuition fees? Since IRCC requires 10k CAD for a 1year stay in Canada outside Quebec, 6months funds should mean 5k CAD. Please clarify

3. Will they not be interested in seeing my hubby's financial source and records for the requested 12months since he is actually the sponsor? But now that his bank does not offer the requested certificate, how do we go about this? Or

4. Can I just write to them to continue with the initial processing since I am unable to get the required document from First Bank to show my hubby/sponsor's 12months financial history as requested?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 3:17am On Dec 04, 2020
;
Legacyedition:

NSE . Goodluck . cheesy grin . Here is mine.

cheesy grin bros you no dey sleep? 2:49a.m and you still awake . Na wa o. Canada don turn men and women to night walkers.lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 3:32am On Dec 04, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Don't relent chief, delay isn't denial. Good luck

Thanks bro. Hoping for the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98