Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,108 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1173114 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 7:57am On Dec 04, 2020
I heard igbo is legal in Canada

I’m asking for a friend
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by feclela(m): 7:59am On Dec 04, 2020
For clarity: if a Proficiency letter is directed to a school in canada, how can I use it for another school cos it will carry the address of the school I am applying to just like attached.

Lekiboboe:

U are welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 8:09am On Dec 04, 2020
Blavkmaann:

I’m asking for a friend

This on got me

Hmmmn.

More study less igbo oo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kesiana(f): 8:16am On Dec 04, 2020
Toceenay:

Sorry about that, don't give up... Just prepare yourself well and reapply. You'll get handful of tips here that'll help you this time around. Based on the 3 reasons mentioned for the denial, I guess you understand the 3rd reason very well. But all reasons still point out to the fact that the VO is not convinced you'll return to Nigeria. So:
Q. what are the home ties you mentioned in your application?
Q. For the 2nd point you mentioned, what course did you apply for?
Q. What did you study in your undergraduate degree?
Q. Is their any career progression between?
Q. And what reasons did you give that show how you intend to practice/work back here in Nigeria when you're done?

These are the questions you need to find answers to before you reapply, and join everything together to form a strong SOP.

As many have mentioned, request for your GCSM note
[quote aut
Toceenay:

Sorry about that, don't give up... Just prepare yourself well and reapply. You'll get handful of tips here that'll help you this time around. Based on the 3 reasons mentioned for the denial, I guess you understand the 3rd reason very well. But all reasons still point out to the fact that the VO is not convinced you'll return to Nigeria. So:
Q. And what reasons did you give that show how you intend to practice/work back here in Nigeria when you're done?

These are the questions you need to find answers to before you reapply, and join everything together to form a strong SOP.

hor=VivaNG
Toceenay:

post=96707966]

Thank you so much
I have requested for my GCSM note. I am working on stronger home ties, and I studied sociology for my undergrad and Human Resources Mgt for my masters.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:18am On Dec 04, 2020
feclela:
For clarity: if a Proficiency letter is directed to a school in canada, how can I use it for another school cos it will carry the address of the school I am applying to just like attached.

That's why I said it won't be addressed to any skool

Your skool in Nigeria knows how they gonna do it, they won't be addressing it to any skool.

To make things easier for u,
jz meet dem at your skool senate in Nigeria that you need a LETTER OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY, what dey would likely need from you is a photocopy of ur CERTIFICATE (depends on your skool though)

If u notice in the content of the letter (in the attachment), the skool and the course that person want to do in Canada wasn't mentioned , that's why the attachment is jz a Sample.
Don't bother yourself telling your school that u wanna address it to a school in CANADA, if u do that, and they give u that letter, you would av to be contacting your skool in Nigeria again for English Letter of Proficiency whenever u need it for another skool in Canada or another thing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by feclela(m): 8:27am On Dec 04, 2020
Thanks for simplifying. Well understood.

Lekiboboe:

That's why I said it won't be addressed to any skool

Your skool in Nigeria knows how they gonna do it, they won't be addressing it to any skool.

To make things easier for u,
jz meet dem at your skool senate in Nigeria that you need a LETTER OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY, what dey would likely need from you is a photocopy of ur CERTIFICATE (depends on your skool though)

If u notice in the content of the letter (in the attachment), the skool and the course that person want to do in Canada wasn't mentioned , that's why the attachment is jz a Sample.
Don't bother yourself telling your school that u wanna address it to a school in CANADA, if u do that, and they give u that letter, you would av to be contacting your skool in Nigeria again for English Letter of Proficiency whenever u need it for another skool in Canada or another thing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toceenay(m): 8:30am On Dec 04, 2020
feclela:
Good morning house,

I'm going to get Recommendation Letter and Letter of English Proficiency from my school today.

1. Please is there anyone with sample of the above documents so I can show them what I need ?
2. Do I need to address it to the school or otherwise (I'm planning of applying to 2 or more schools).

Thanks
Some school in Nigeria will say you must include the details of your school in Canada (they want you to pay for each if you're applying to more than one school - THIEF) But if you can convince your Registrar to do this format for you, you can use it multiple times.
Someone here also helped me with the attached sample!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:34am On Dec 04, 2020
Toceenay:

Some school in Nigeria will say you must include the details of your school in Canada (they want you to pay for each if you're applying to more than one school - THIEF) But if you can convince your Registrar to do this format for you, you can use it multiple times.
Someone here also helped me with the attached sample!

Really shocked

It is free in most skools

e.g FUTA (Ondo State) , IMSU (IMO State) etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by KRTL: 8:40am On Dec 04, 2020
You people should pls be reading the thread.. all this have been tackled..Questions are becoming repetitive on this thread..pls we need more transcripts from those that have gotten approvals..thank
You all
Oluwaseyitanfun:

I have a question please and it is urgent .. I got the NSE mail 3days ago, but I got my admission without ielts. I was initially preparing for my ielts (General) because I intended going through the EE route, but I eventually opted for study permit.

I have a month as deadline to submit the request and I've actually concluded on writing ielts as soon as possible. Now to my questions :
1 - is it advisable I write the ielts now just to fast track my application?

2 - does it mean my application won't be attended to till after the one month deadline that was given?

3 - Can I write to them to just continue the normal process since I do not have all the requirements(which is only the ielts).

4 - A friend said it's not everyone that's receiving the request and if an applicant receives the NSE request, it only means the applicant is likely to be given the study permit. Is this true? I'm so sorry for my questions, I'm just confused.

Thanks a bunch, as I am anticipating your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2020
Blavkmaann:

I’m asking for a friend

Baba its not oo... abeg ooo atleast in alberta
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:44am On Dec 04, 2020
feclela:
Thanks for simplifying. Well understood.

U are welcome,

Apart from the Certificate of highest degree your skool in Nigeria might ask, they might also likely ask you for a Letter to Request and English Proficiency Letter

In case that happens,

This is your plug

Sample Letter to request for IELTS (English Language) Exemption Letter from the school you graduated from
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/30#89406467
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by KRTL: 8:50am On Dec 04, 2020
Pls is this for a fact that it increases ones chances of approval or just your own opinion
Time2soar:

Even if your bank is not on mybankstatement you should still send one year bank history and IELTS,. if these documents will not improve your study permit application, ircc will not put your application on hold pending when they receive this documents or the due date to submit them passed.

When IRCC send NSE letter it is because they know it gives you a better chance of approval

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by KRTL: 8:52am On Dec 04, 2020
To think I just asked how sure the person is..cos it’s beginning to sound like one won’t get the visa if you don’t go NSE route oooo..
We don’t want speculation oo.. pity us oo grin
Elevation20:
I have been seeing how you have been advocating for NSE.Please do you work with CIC?How did you know that it gives someone a better chance of approval?You even went as far as posting that people should not opt out of it. Please stop instigating fear into people. NSE is a faster route that is the only thing that makes it different from the normal processing. Is not everyone that wants to write IELTS.Allow them to make their choice and stop spreading fear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:56am On Dec 04, 2020
Elevation20:
I have been seeing how you have been advocating for NSE.Please do you work with CIC?How did you know that it gives someone a better chance of approval?You even went as far as posting that people should not opt out of it. Please stop instigating fear into people. NSE is a faster route that is the only thing that makes it different from the normal processing. Is not everyone that wants to write IELTS.Allow them to make their choice and stop spreading fear.

Thank you @ elevation, you just said my mind. I have been seeing and reading everything about him advocating for NSE, i want to believe hes spreading fear rather than advising people. Because its written in English that you can decide 2 go through the normal route. I have been skipping his post. NSE is a choice. Not a must. Even the person with the most perfect application still gets denied,and someone that just submitted any document will get approval. No 2 applications are same.

pls chief stop spreading fear.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Salmahhhh(f): 9:03am On Dec 04, 2020
Good morning wonderful people!

Please, what vfs address would one dhl a passport to. And what other document would be submitted asides the passport?

Thank you in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 04, 2020
Elevation20:

I don't understand what fear is being instigated by advising people not to opt out of NSE. I simply gave advice based on my understanding and it is left for individuals to take it or leave iit and I don't understand how that is a problem.

There is no need to argue on this, people are free to reject the advice I only gave it out of concern

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 04, 2020
KRTL:
Pls is this for a fact that it increases ones chances of approval or just your own opinion

NSE is similar to the SDS so you can reference its impact from that

For those interested

In 2019, Indian students processed through SDS were roughly twice as likely to be approved (80.4%) as students processed through the regular stream (40.7%).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 04, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Thank you @ elevation, you just said my mind. I have been seeing and reading everything about him advocating for NSE, i want to believe hes spreading fear rather than advising people. Because its written in English that you can decide 2 go through the normal route. I have been skipping his post. NSE is a choice. Not a must. Even the person with the most perfect application still gets denied,and someone that just submitted any document will get approval. No 2 applications are same.

pls chief stop spreading fear.

Sorry if I am spreading fear I gave the advice out of concern but I will not address the issue again. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Makitoperor: 9:24am On Dec 04, 2020
[quote author=Tt4tolu post=96711466][Have you received the NSE letterquote author=Makitoperor post=96711030]
Noo.. I haven’t received any NSE Letter..what should I do??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:42am On Dec 04, 2020
Time2soar:

Sorry if I am spreading fear I gave the advice out of concern but I will not address the issue again. All the best
Tell us your Time line if you're also a student or an agent. So we'll understand you better.
All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 9:47am On Dec 04, 2020
Am I the only one that can't login into his ircc account, it says invalid session after trying to login, guys pls check.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 9:48am On Dec 04, 2020
For passport return hopefuls, I just got off the line with VFS. The customer service representative said the delay is caused by the number of courier requests they have gotten these past few weeks. I was like...why then charge that exorbitant fee if you can't deliver. As usual, apologies followed. She said requests from the last few weeks are all being prepped for dispatch next week. I took that with a pinch of salt cos I have heard that before...I guess we have to be patient. It will be great if more folks get to call them today to pile the pressure, of course if your call can get through the traffic.

Hi @rebecausoro ....Any breakthrough with your passport? Cos of your pretty tight flight schedule.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 9:49am On Dec 04, 2020
Be ma plug bro.
Blavkmaann:

I’m asking for a friend
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 04, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Tell us your Time line if you're also a student or an agent. So we'll understand you better.
All the best

My timeline is already on this platform and I have no interest whatsoever other than genuine concern for the success of all of us but I think I will hold back my opinion for now.

I am also an applicant

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mozidat2301: 9:51am On Dec 04, 2020
Hello everyone in this forum, I appreciate your efforts, may God crown all our efforts with success. Pls I would like to make enquiries about school that offers post graduate diploma in business administration in Canada for my husband, he applied through an agent to memorial University but was denied and we are planning applying now without any agent, pls which school can he apply to , for a post graduate diploma in business administration because he graduated from Polytechnic (HND Bus. Admin) with upper credit .
Your input will be highly appreciated , thanks and we will appreciate university that doesn't require any tuition deposit if possible, thanks and God bless you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 9:53am On Dec 04, 2020
Ayobami2001:
For passport return hopefuls, I just got off the line with VFS. The customer service representative said the delay is caused by the number of courier requests they have gotten these past few weeks. I was like...why then charge that exorbitant fee if you can't deliver. As usual, apologies followed. She said requests from the last few weeks are all being prepped for dispatch next week. I took that with a pinch of salt cos I have heard that before...I guess we have to be patient. It will be great if more folks get to call them today to pile the pressure, of course if your call can get through the traffic.

Hi @rebecausoro ....Any breakthrough with your passport? Cos of your pretty tight flight schedule.

I was able to reach them today too, the rep said UPS will pickup today. So I guess we should be expecting from Monday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 10:10am On Dec 04, 2020
Conestoga College
University of Winnipeg
Seneca College are good picks, but it will be best if you go online and search thoroughly
Mozidat2301:
Hello everyone in this forum, I appreciate your efforts, may God crown all our efforts with success. Pls I would like to make enquiries about school that offers post graduate diploma in business administration in Canada for my husband, he applied through an agent to memorial University but was denied and we are planning applying now without any agent, pls which school can he apply to , for a post graduate diploma in business administration because he graduated from Polytechnic (HND Bus. Admin) with upper credit .
Your input will be highly appreciated , thanks and we will appreciate university that doesn't require any tuition deposit if possible, thanks and God bless you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 10:11am On Dec 04, 2020
There is the option of deferring your admission to a later date
Makitoperor:
Good morning everyone,
So I submitted my studyVisa application online on the last week of October I was able to do also do my biometric on the 10th of November.. but the issue now is I don’t know how long it takes for the processing but I saw it take at least three months On the internet and I do not have up to three months on my admission letter cause it expires on the 13th of January.. what can I do about this.. pls I need ideas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 10:14am On Dec 04, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hahahahahaha

LWKMD cheesy

Well,

No Man is an Island of Knowledge

I only know that " B.SC holders do apply for Post Baccalaureate Programs"

I don't know if HND holders does

We learn everyday wink

Consultant Lekiboboe grin... I wish I could answer. But it really seems odd, that you can't answer the question. You help everyone. Now that you need help, nobody is on your wavelength. I advice you try Google
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 10:22am On Dec 04, 2020
oyinlove15:
Please did you get a mail in regards to this or you saw the update on your gc key account

No mail. Saw it during daily evening check of my GCKey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 10:26am On Dec 04, 2020
Ayobami2001:

I have already rescheduled my flight. I paid 60k to do that. angry angry angry. Luckily the quarantine plans will be adjusted for me.

I called the agent and as they told Dame24, they said it'll be picked up today and delivered Monday (they don't deliver on weekends).

My problem with them is that if they know they can't handle return deliveries, they should instruct all applicants to pay for 2 way courier from the onset. Why allow us pay for it when you won't deliver on time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:28am On Dec 04, 2020
Mozidat2301:

Try Conestoga college
Humber college
Seneca college
Nscc- novia scotia community college etc

For the previous denial, am pretty sure it was purpose of visit. The agent didnt advise you guys properly, your husband is meant to apply for a PGD not a masters in a college

Again most colleges require a tuition deposit, in fact its a necessity now if you want to have a chance for a visa approval

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.