Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159727 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:28pm On May 22, 2020
ralfudoh:
Spot on. At least before he finishes his WES evaluation, write IELTS and gather other documents, there should be normalcy in the system.

That's true too. Well, we should also put his age or martial status into consideration, the applicant might be seeking for study permit because he may not have qualified for the EE route. Having a master's doesn't guarantee that one is an eligible Candidate for PR. Other factors like IELTS score (8.7.7.7) is also a big hurdle to cross for most applicants. I have seen in the EE thread, applicants that have written the IELTS for more than 8 consecutive times (75kX8 =600k) and still haven't attained the required band. Also, working experiences for three or more years is also an important criteria that must be considered when applying via the EE route.

If the applicant meets this criterion, I think that would be the best option, otherwise he should stick to study permit.

It will end in praise.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 12:35pm On May 22, 2020
I'm sure each bank statement will the NAME of the account holder and with your SOP clearly stating names of Applicant and that of Sponsor,
they should identify who has which

librangyps:

Thanks Frank.

So that means no way to specify for example sponsor bank statement, my bank statement etc.... it will just be all lumped together as one pdf?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 12:38pm On May 22, 2020
This should have been my route but I don't have masters.. Focused on career and gathering experience, hopefully, we'll all find the fulfillment we all desire

Frankrobbn1:

That's true too. Well, we should also put his age or martial status into consideration, the applicant might be seeking for study permit because he may not have qualified for the EE route. Having a master's doesn't guarantee that one is an eligible Candidate for PR. Other factors like IELTS score (8.7.7.7) is also a big hurdle to cross for most applicants. I have seen in the EE thread, applicants that have written the IELTS for more than 8 consecutive times (75kX8 =600k) and still haven't attained the required band. Also, working experiences for three or more years is also an important criteria that must be considered when applying via the EE route.

If the applicants meets this criterion, I think that would be the best option, otherwise he should stick to study permit.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:44pm On May 22, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
This should have been my route but I don't have masters.. Focused on career and gathering experience, hopefully, we'll all find the fulfillment we all desire

Nevertheless, an attainment of a Canadian education and a one year work experience would increase your CRS score in Canada.

I wish you the very best in your study permit application.

It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:51pm On May 22, 2020
librangyps:
Is it ok to classify offer of employment and confirmation letter under client file and place reference letter from work and payslips under financial file?
All those documents of employment, Police character, etc. Will be uploaded in CLIENT INFORMATION and since there is not place to upload each of those documents, U gonna merge it together into one PDF file. use the online tool below to merge ur PDF files...
https://www.ilovepdf.com/merge_pdf

In order to make it cool in terms of arrangement and not in a scattering manner, u can categorise dem amd list them on a Table of Content format (using MS Word) and type arrange dem
e.g

EDUCATION
B.Sc /HND /M.SC Cert.
Transcript
WAEC /Neco result
WEC Cert. (If u av)
Letter of Confirmation of Proficiency in English Language (that's if u can get it from ur school)
MERGE ALL DOCS. in THIS section

......move to the next page

Hometies-Family ties
Parents Landed Properties..
U gonna list all docs. U intend to upload
E.g Deed of Assignment
Affidavit of sales and other necessary land doc.
Birth certificate of ur siblings
etc.

.....move to d Next page.

Others
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Police Clearance cert.
and any other supporting documents

Proof of Funds/Financial file has its own Upload Section
That's u gonna upload ur sponsor docs. (dad, Mum, Bro. Etc..
E.g Tuition fee payment receipt
Sponsorship letter
Affidavit of support etc.

Do all this Categorization arrangement on Microsoft Word, then when u are done with what u typed on MS WORD, convert it to PDF using the link below
https://www.ilovepdf.com/word_to_pdf

Note: if u eventually merge all the documents together, make sure it is not more than 4MB on the dot (I.e 4.00MB)... Cos it won't upload if its more than that. Use the online tool below to compress ur documents if necessary..
https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 12:58pm On May 22, 2020
I give up. Writing IELTS 8times. Chai. The struggle is real. But study eh.......... refusals are too much.
Frankrobbn1:

If the applicant meets this criterion, I think that would be the best option, otherwise he should stick to study permit.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 1:53pm On May 22, 2020
Hello house

I just feel I should add my own 2 cent, for people who have been looking for ways to [/b]covert to pdf, merge different pdf files to one file, those people looking for how to compress pdf files while you still get to have a good quality retained, those people who want to sign their forms(like adding signature), also for those finding it hard to open their visa IMM forms and have it filled, Also people who have scanned documents with mistakes and want to have the mistakes corrected even after scanning them already ( but please I know with this you can be tempted to temper with you bank statements after scanning, please don’t)? My advice get adobe professional, it’s the best. it’s a paid software for pc but you can get the cracked version online for free it’s about 1.5gig but it would solve this above issues you have neatly without stress.[b]

Would try and post a link to getting the cracked version to make it easier for people to have access to the software for those who might need it

Wishing us all the very best.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obanidavid: 3:34pm On May 22, 2020
Thank you so much Frank

Frankrobbn1:

Attach only the deferral letter as the previous one for fall 2020 has already been cancelled by the school.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jubrilx: 5:27pm On May 22, 2020
Lekiboboe:

All those documents of employment, Police character, etc. Will be uploaded in CLIENT INFORMATION and since there is not place to upload each of those documents, U gonna merge it together into one PDF file. use the online tool below to merge ur PDF files...
https://www.ilovepdf.com/merge_pdf

In order to make it cool in terms of arrangement and not in a scattering manner, u can categorise dem amd list them on a Table of Content format (using MS Word) and type arrange dem
e.g

EDUCATION
B.Sc /HND /M.SC Cert.
Transcript
WAEC /Neco result
WEC Cert. (If u av)
Letter of Confirmation of Proficiency in English Language (that's if u can get it from ur school)

......move to the next page

Hometies-Family ties
Parents Landed Properties..
U gonna list all docs. U intend to upload
E.g Deed of Assignment
Affidavit of sales and other necessary land doc.
Birth certificate of ur siblings
etc.

.....move to d Next page.

Others
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Police Clearance cert.
and any other supporting documents

Proof of Funds/Financial file has its own Upload Section
That's u gonna upload ur sponsor docs. (dad, Mum, Bro. Etc..
E.g Tuition fee payment receipt
Sponsorship letter
Affidavit of support etc.

Do all this Categorization arrangement on Microsoft Word, then when u are done with what u typed on MS WORD, convert it to PDF using the link below
https://www.ilovepdf.com/word_to_pdf

Note: if u eventually merge all the documents together, make sure it is not more than 4MB on the dot (I.e 4.00MB)... Cos it won't upload if its more than that. Use the online tool below to compress ur documents if necessary..
https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf
Where does admission letter fall under? Education or other documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 5:53pm On May 22, 2020
Tracy2020:
Hello everyone, I need some help with my study permit application. I will appreciate if the Gurus here can help me answer some questions.
1. My Mother is my sponsor and the statement of account she provided is a different account from her Salary account, It’s where she saves from her business and salary. How would I explain this in my Statement of purpose.
2. Will stating that she has other dependants affect my application?

Thank you
1. Be truthful, nothing to fear.
2. No it won't affect as long has she has enough to fund your studies and also carter for her other dependants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 6:26pm On May 22, 2020
That one has it's own section na, that's section 2.

jubrilx:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Preshy2004: 7:26pm On May 22, 2020
Pls my husband is sponsoring our son to study in canada. His international passport has expired and getting a new one now I don't know how feasible that can be. Pls can he use his office ID card for identification. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:50pm On May 22, 2020
Hello Ladies and Giants.

Due to the recent change from IRCC for fall lectures to be carried out online. I have been receiving series of calls, text messages and emails from diverse applicants relating to whether this immigration policy is applicable to everyone including those their applications haven't been approved yet by IRCC or issued a VISA. Some applicants told me that their agents strongly advised them to go ahead and pay for their tuition fees and enrol for online courses not minding whether they have gotten a visa yet nor been approved of their study permit application by IRCC. And that enrolling for online courses will help their visa application and increase their chances of securing a TRV. Please this is entirely a false statement as IRCC never made such comments

Today, I'm happy to share with you guys IRCC latest update about the above subject matter which I believe will clear the grey area for everyone's comprehension.

Distance learning outside Canada
Due to travel restrictions, IRCC acknowledges that study permit holders may be unable to travel to Canada and have to start or continue their program through distance learning abroad.

Students falling into one of the following categories will remain eligible for the post-graduation work permit if at least 50% of their total program of study is completed in Canada. Applicants may have to submit additional documents from the DLI confirming which part of the program was completed in Canada.

*Study permit holders who had already begun their studies in Canada, but left Canada and are continuing their courses online from their home country

*Applicants who have been approved for a study permit to begin a program in May or June 2020, and who will begin their program online from their home country instead of trying to travel to Canada at this time.

Under normal circumstances, all distance-learning courses completed outside Canada are excluded from the time accumulated toward the length of the post-graduation work permit. However, for students in the above categories, on a temporary basis, the time spent in distance learning abroad will not be excluded from the time accumulated toward the length of the post-graduation work permit.

Note: For applicants currently outside Canada who are scheduled to begin studying in May or June 2020 but who do not have either a study permit or approval on their study permit application, time spent pursuing their studies online will not count toward their eligibility for a post-graduation work permit.

In view of this update from IRCC, please and please if you haven't gotten a visa or your study permit application hasn't been approved by IRCC. Please don't listen to anyone, you're NOT eligible to start/enrol for any online classes from your home country. IRCC has made it clear that ONLY applicant who have been approved or has gotten a visa that are free to utilize this opportunity and by so doing will not affect them during the time of their post graduate work permit.

Stay safe guys, I'm always available here to provide you all with real time updates from IRCC.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 22, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Go for a second masters program that is not directly related to your undergraduate degree/ previous master's. You can opt for an MBA program or any management program provided is not in tandem with your past education. Provide convincing and well detailed explanation as to why you're switching into this field of study. I know several applicants that have done this in the past and even in this present time and were approved of their visas. It's much easier to convince the visa officer when you're going for a degree that is different from your already acquired degree especially when you've previously attained a master's degree.

It will end in praise.

Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:20pm On May 22, 2020
jubrilx:

Admission Letter (Letter of Acceptance) has its own uploading column ..

This how the Online DashBoard looks like

Application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the study permit form.

Passport (required) - Upload your international passport.

Letter of Acceptance (required) - Upload your letter of acceptance from the school.

Proof of means of financial support - Upload your Sponsorship letter, Affidavit of support, bank statements, payslips, sponsor's source of income (like- employment letters, introduction letters from employer, promotions letter etc.) or bussines documents (CAC certificates, tax clearance certificate, article of association and memorandum etc..) Also, include your already paid tuition receipt in this section (if any).

(All the Documents here merged together must end up to be either Less than 4.00MB or 4.00MB on the DOT)

Digital Photo (required) - Upload your Passport Photograph. The passport size should be between 60KB to 240KB and the dimension should be 420X540.

Family Information (IMM5645) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the family form.

Schedule 1- Application for a temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada (IMM5257) (required) - Complete and Upload the form.

Client Information (required) - Upload your SOP/LOE, degree certificates, transcripts, birth certificates, recommendation letters from past and present employers, NYSC discharge papers, your work ID, your employment letters, resume etc... (every supporting documents should be uploaded in this section).

(All the Documents here merged together must end up to be either Less than 4.00MB or 4.00MB on the DOT)

Credit: Frankrobbn1

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:36pm On May 22, 2020
good evening:

Asking for a friend.

Is it okay for someone to tender a place of voluntary training as his employment requirement? He has an acceptance letter and recommendation letter from this place although he is NOT self-sponsored.

justmellow
austacus
lekiboboe
justwise
everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:40pm On May 22, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Admission Letter (Letter of Acceptance) has its own uploading column ..

This how the Online DashBoard looks like

Application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the study permit form.

Passport (required) - Upload your international passport.

Letter of Acceptance (required) - Upload your letter of acceptance from the school.

Proof of means of financial support - Upload your Sponsorship letter, Affidavit of support, bank statements, payslips, sponsor's source of income (like- employment letters, introduction letters from employer, promotions letter etc.) or bussines documents (CAC certificates, tax clearance certificate, article of association and memorandum etc..) Also, include your already paid tuition receipt in this section (if any).

Digital Photo (required) - Upload your Passport Photograph. The passport size should be between 60KB to 240KB and the dimension should be 420X540.

Family Information (IMM5645) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the family form.

Schedule 1- Application for a temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada (IMM5257) (required) - Complete and Upload the form.

Client Information (required) - Upload your SOP/LOE, degree certificates, transcripts, birth certificates, recommendation letters from past and present employers, NYSC discharge papers, your work ID, your employment letters, resume etc... (every supporting documents should be uploaded in this section).

Good evening and thanks for your breakdown. I was wondering, instead of uploading a lot of documents like transcript, degree cert, etc can we leave them out since we have already been given admission? I was thinking that those documents were important only during seeking admission and since we have gotten our admission letter, it covers up for the rest of them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:51pm On May 22, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Good evening and thanks for your breakdown. I was wondering, instead of uploading a lot of documents like transcript, degree cert, etc can we leave them out since we have already been given admission? I was thinking that those documents were important only during seeking admission and since we have gotten our admission letter, it covers up for the rest of them.
uwc...
No don't leave them out..Transcript, degree, Cert etc.are very important...
They will serve as an evidence of something's u wrote in ur SOP.., they will also use it to know the Documents u used to apply for the Admission u got to study in Canada

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION

https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bisshop123(f): 11:04pm On May 22, 2020
How will one go about the sponsorship stuff if he is the person sponsoring himself?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kroos0321: 11:36pm On May 22, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Pls can anyone point me to a link or WhatsApp group or thread on how to apply for Canada study visa here. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by legit90: 11:38pm On May 22, 2020
Lekiboboe:

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***
https://www.nairaland.com/4056995/general-irish-student-visa-work/225

Adventure in Ireland
https://www.nairaland.com/5745943/adventure-ireland

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 12:24am On May 23, 2020
Please those of you that have applied and gotten admission at MUN, were you able or is it possible to send official documents after deadline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Vbanti: 12:24am On May 23, 2020
Please has anyone heard of wokos travel and study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nochyks87: 6:04am On May 23, 2020
Lekiboboe:
uwc...
No don't leave them out..Transcript, degree, Cert etc.are very important...
They will serve as an evidence of something's u wrote in ur SOP.., they will also use it to know the Documents u used to apply for the Admission u got to study in Canada

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION

https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

My brother, @NwanyiOkpa
One very important advice, upload all the documents you feel that will be vital to your application. Don't remove docs because someone said it is too much. In total, I uploaded 24 documents and still got approval. It all depends on your situation.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 6:32am On May 23, 2020
Lekiboboe:

500 x 700

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milo9(m): 7:23am On May 23, 2020
thank you
Frankrobbn1:

Means of identification like birth certificate or national ID is enough.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:04am On May 23, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
good evening:

Asking for a friend.

Is it okay for someone to tender a place of voluntary training as his employment requirement? He has an acceptance letter and recommendation letter from this place although he is NOT self-sponsored.

justmellow
austacus
lekiboboe
justwise
everyone.

The person should provide proof of any volunteer experiences he/she has had in the organisation, it will strengthen the application as the visa officer likes to see candidates with such experiences.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:07am On May 23, 2020
Kroos0321:
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Pls can anyone point me to a link or WhatsApp group or thread on how to apply for Canada study visa here. Thank you

Search no further, you're in the right thread, all the informations you need for a successful Canada study visa application can be found on this platform for free. So be proactive to make the most of it by reading through the past threads. Along the line if you face any difficulty or have concerns, don't hesitate to reach out here for assistance.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:19am On May 23, 2020
ralfudoh:

500 x 700

Bro, I'm sorry but the passport size put forward by you in bold is meant for PR candidates and not study visa applicants.

Canada Study Visa application passport picture size should be 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm). Full-face view. Your head should be seen from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin.

You all should be properly guided.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jacktours: 8:27am On May 23, 2020
pls guys how do i go about upfront medical tezt?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:11am On May 23, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

The person should provide proof of any volunteer experiences he/she has had in the organisation, it will strengthen the application as the visa officer likes to see candidates with such experiences.

It will end in praise

Okay.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mryoung16: 9:19am On May 23, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Means of identification like birth certificate or national ID is enough.

It will end in praise

Hi Frank. Can i private chat you .its something very private and urgent. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.