Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1170558 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 8:16am On Jun 06, 2020
Tomitomeroo:
Good morning people, please is there anyone that submitted late February and has gotten a response from IRCC.

Good morning mine was March 12th. No response yet, mine was paper. Was yours paper submission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 8:20am On Jun 06, 2020
Sirromey:

Good morning. Please when the embassy gets in touch with you please buzz me.
No problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 8:39am On Jun 06, 2020
But I think someone got approved in one week here. Frank asked for screen shot of it as we were all eager to see how it was done on a day maintenance was ongoing. But we never saw it. In overall, I dont think anyone has gotten feedback on study permit. PR applicants have been getting approval though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 9:11am On Jun 06, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Legacyedition,

Your case is not as complicated as you may see it. Its not compulsory to do a second Bachelor since all you need is the practical and professional ideas. A PGD/C or Post Baccalaureate Degree should be a more suitable choice to consider and endeavour to relate it to your work experience. Since your father is financially sufficient and reliable, you stand a better choice using him as a sponsor. Your first homework and step to take towards your application is to sit down with your dad and have an open discussion with him about your intentions.

Also, with your available personal funds, you have the required funds to be self-sponsored but however after the deductions of both your tuition and LE for the first year determines how sufficient financially you are. Still, its advisable to include your father either as a co/sponsor or a financial supporter. Let me know if its not clear enough.

All the best.

Boss, I have been offered admission for Bachelor degree from Brandon university.

Though I want to apply for Post graduate diploma in business management or post graduate diploma in business administration. I haven't applied yet though.

Please do advice if possible to use this brandon uni. Admission letter for SP or wait for PGD admission letter. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:39am On Jun 06, 2020
jwon1:

I don't think it is compulsory you defer now. If there is still hope that visa gets issued before the last week of August, 2020. You can consider to explore the chance and most likely adopt the case by case basis deferral decision later on.

Also, from the abovementioned, deferring on/before the June 30th deadline (recommended by the school), is like giving up the dream till next year September.

You can continue to follow the developments of CIC and be at alert to make the best decision at the appropriate time.

Regards.
Thanks I really appreciate. I have completed the visa process only Biometrics lefts before the virus struck. I hope the school will listen to my plea and grant me the case by case basis. Hoping it ends in praises. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tomitomeroo: 11:10am On Jun 06, 2020
Anon123:

Everything is on pause mode... you can send a webform or mail across to get the same response. Offices are closed till further notice.
i sent a webform since, no reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tomitomeroo: 11:12am On Jun 06, 2020
yes it was, February 24
Sirromey:

Good morning mine was March 12th. No response yet, mine was paper. Was yours paper submission?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:29am On Jun 06, 2020
Luckymama:

Thank you so much Frankrobbn. I think will definitely do these, in addition to having my husband as a sponsor as well. I had never heard of a bank reference letter before. I learn so much on this thread everyday.

Never to worry, your application will scale through this time. Always feel free to ask questions here and we will be happy to assist you at any point in your application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
Pimp04:
Good day house, @Frankrobbn1
Online application March 24th 2020 and ever since no response from IRCC, application status says eligibility review is on and we are processing background check also. What should I do pls? Do I Continue to wait for them to respond?

Your application is 10 weeks now and has exceeded the estimated processing times. Raise a CSE using NAIROBI WEBFORM requesting for the current status of your application.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
justwise:

This is really unnecessary and will not help the op, sometime we unknowingly contribute to the increasing number of the refusals here.

How did you come up with this assertion that using a noatrized company board of resolution letter for a study Visa application will weaken the op chances of approval? I can barely count the number of applicants who used this letter and were still successful with their application. This letter is specifically meant for applicant's whose Sponsor's mostly operate with a cooperate account with little or no savings in their personal account. It has never in history increase the rate of refusals, albeit since the op sponsor has more funds in his personal statement, including a company account/board resolution letter is not applicable in her case.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
hotboss:

Thank you for responding.. Mechanical engineering. My undergraduate is in same field.

This is a very competitive program in Canada especially for the thesis option. Getting admitted into the research based of this program will require alot of work by making sure your SOP stand out amongst other applicants from different countries. Also, your ability to convince the supervisor that you're the right candidate which should be given a space in his laboratory is very imperative here. Most importantly, you shouldn't all your eggs in one basket as it's much easier to secure admission into the MEng program in Mechanical Engineering at U of Windsor with your undergraduate GPA of 3.788.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
ron5ke:
Hello guys, so I applied for GCMS notes and I got already. The reason is stated in the pic attached. How do I tackle this?

PS: I studied Applied Geophysics for my undergraduate studies and I got admission for PGC in Environmental management/Assessment. This course is an aspect of geophysics. How do I go about this?

In view of the attachment, the visa officer is not satisfied that your proposed program in Canada is reasonably in light with your previous undergraduate studies and current employment as a poultry and hotel owner.

The visa officer wants to know the correlation between your experiences and the intended program. Why you're spending so much to pursue a program that is obtainable in Nigeria at a cheaper rate.

The fact that you've two siblings in Canada, the incentives of staying back after studies far outweigh your ties back home.

Your LOE should do justice to the above concerns raised by the visa officer. You should explain the correlation of your program in Canada with your current work experience. The benefits of the program after studies, whether it is financially rewarding that could offset the cost and difficulty of undertaking the program.

Your home ties in Nigeria, are you married? If so, your spouse and kids staying back in Nigeria, what are the provisions you had made for them as per their upkeep while you're pursuing your program in Canada. You should confidently let the visa officer know that having siblings who are PR in Canada should in no way have any negative impact in your application or be used against your study permit application. That, your sole intent of travelling to Canada is driven by a lawful purpose which is to study on a temporary basis and return home after studies.

Lastly, the business you claim to have here in Nigeria, is it a verifiable business with strong web presence? Provide explanation as to why you can't abandon your business in Nigeria for a Canadian stay.

All of these should be properly explained in a well articulated manner and as persuasive as possible in your next application.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 12:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

How did you come up with this assertion that using a noatrized company board of resolution letter for a study Visa application will weaken the op chances of approval? I can barely count the number of applicants who used this letter and were still successful with their application. This letter is specifically meant for applicant's whose Sponsor's mostly operate with a cooperate account with little or no savings in their personal account. It has never in history increase the rate of refusals, albeit since the op sponsor has more funds in his personal statement, then including a company account/board resolution letter is not applicable in her case.

It will end in praise

I know very well that many of you here are trying to help and not intentionally trying to mislead people but i will encourage all us to think long and hard about things we post here.

What exactly will board resolution letter prove? That the sponsor has the money to sponsor her? That the sponsor is willing to use the company's capital for non-business related expenditure ?

The op does not work for this company and her application got nothing to do with her uncle's company, all the VO wants to know is that the money is available for her studies in Canada

So rather than providing evidence of that you are sending in board of resolution letter?

This is just a company run by husband and wife and you want her to submit board of resolution letter written by the same uncle and you expect the VO to take this seriously?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kaycevit: 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
ralfudoh:
But I think someone got approved in one week here. Frank asked for screen shot of it as we were all eager to see how it was done on a day maintenance was ongoing. But we never saw it. In overall, I dont think anyone has gotten feedback on study permit. PR applicants have been getting approval though.
bro..how did u know that maintenance was ongoing that day when it was not stated on CIC website. Let us not always assume things here....Showing of screenshot should be a personal decision and may not be applicable here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
Truly, Mechanical seems really competitive even the MEng ain't as easy. UoM requires even a supervisor to accept before one can be admitted for course based MEng.

Pls can you state the cost of MEng Mechanical in Uni of Windsor? This school has the highest application fee I've seen so far.. The website can't do justice to tuition as it estimates fees per course. Do you know someone that can give exact figure and duration? I'll really look forward to your reply as their deadline is 1st of August

Frankrobbn1:

This is a very competitive program in Canada especially for the thesis option. Getting admitted into the research based of this program will require alot of work by making sure your SOP stand out amongst other applicants from different countries. Also, your ability to convince the supervisor that you're the right candidate which should be given a space in his laboratory is very imperative here. Most importantly, you shouldn't all your eggs in one basket as it's much easier to secure admission into the MEng program in Mechanical Engineering at U of Windsor with your undergraduate GPA of 3.788.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lol. Oga, it was stated on CIC site. Always ask before you assume or speak.
Showing screenshot is optional but goes a long way in encouraging other applicants.
Kaycevit:
bro..how did u know that maintenance was ongoing that day when it was not stated on CIC website. Let us not always assume things here....Showing of screenshot should be a personal decision and may not be applicable here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 1:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
justwise:

I know very well that many of you here are trying to help and not intentionally trying to mislead people but i will encourage all us to think long and hard about things we post here.

What exactly will board resolution letter prove? That the sponsor has the money to sponsor her? That the sponsor is willing to use the company's capital for non-business related expenditure ?

The op does not work for this company and her application got nothing to do with her uncle's company, all the VO wants to know is that the money is available for her studies in Canada

So rather than providing evidence of that you are sending in board of resolution letter?

This is just a company run by husband and wife and you want her to submit board of resolution letter written by the same uncle and you expect the VO to take this seriously?

The visa officer's at the Canadian embassy only works with the information provided in an application and a decision is primarily reached based on what the applicant submitted with her application.

I reiterate, Board of resolution letter is used by sponsor's whose financial operation is majorly on their company's cooperate account with little or no savings in a personal statement. This letter will be accompanied with other financial statements like the CAC certificate of the business to prove ownership of the business and bank statements to prove the financial stability of the sponsor.

The visa officer are not custodians of knowledge and for sure will presume that a well established business cannot be effectively managed and running smoothly by only two persons (Husband and Wife). There are a lot of documents requirements for applicant's using company bank statements as POF and board of resolutions letter is one of them and plays a pivotal role in the application. The board of directors also referred to as the share holders in a business has great influence in funds accessibility and availability towards the applicant's studies in Canada and mustn't be neglected. They (board of directors) are the decision makers in every established limited liability company.

I have come across a GCMS note, where the visa officer pointedly mentioned that he is not satisfied that funds in the sponsor's account will be accessible by the applicant due to funds restriction by the shareholders in the company. As for evidence which you asked for, Board resolution letter is very pertinent and is mostly used to substantiate funds accessibility for those using cooperate accounts in their study permit application. It has never in history pose to be a problem in the immigration policy of Canada for study permit application.

I don't dish out what I am not definite about on this thread, before I make a comment on a post, I must have backed up evidence and proofs as to the validity of my experiences. This has been my code for over the years. If you require proves to support my claims about company board of resolution letter and the number of applicants that have used it in their application and were successful, I will gladly furnish you with them.

Thank you!

As always, it will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kaycevit: 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
ralfudoh:
Lol. Oga, it was stated on CIC site. Always ask before you assume or speak.
Showing screenshot is optional but goes a long way in encouraging other applicants.
Check the date Chalva received his approval..there was no maintenance going on that day..don't just assume maintenance every Tuesday..CIC always update maintenance on their website whenever it arises probably on Tuesday..that does not mean every Tuesday is maintenance day.The first denial I got was on Tuesday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
There was maintenance on that day sir. Secondly I only proved to you that CIC always states maintenance on their site. That you didn't know. So relax.
Frank pointed it out that there was maintenance. You can argue that with him. Besides, I know several others that knew there was maintenance on that day. Dont come and argue blindly. I got most of my updates after maintenance. Not before. Take note
Kaycevit:
Check the date Chalva received his approval..there was no maintenance going on that day..don't just assume maintenance every Tuesday..CIC always update maintenance on their website whenever it arises probably on Tuesday..that does not mean every Tuesday is maintenance day.The first denial I got was on Tuesday

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kaycevit: 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
Continue ur negative assumption...The young man I know very well has gotten passport request after four attempts
ralfudoh:
There was maintenance on that day sir. Secondly I only proved to you that CIC always states maintenance on their site. That you didn't know. So relax.
Frank pointed it out that there was maintenance. You can argue that with him. Besides, I know several others that knew there was maintenance on that day. Dont come and argue blindly. I got most of my updates after maintenance. Not before. Take note

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
Kaycevit:
Continue ur negative assumption...The young man I know very well has gotten passport request after four attempts
Lol. Oga, which one is negative. You just opened your mouth to say what you didn't know. I corrected you, instead of accepting you were wrong, you are saying another thing. Read before you reply please.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

The visa officer's at the Canadian embassy only works with the information provided in an application and a decision is primarily reached based on what the applicant submitted with her application.

I reiterate, Board of resolution letter is used by sponsor's whose financial operation is majorly on their company's cooperate account with little or no savings in a personal statement. This letter will be accompanied with other financial statements like the CAC certificate of the business to prove ownership of the business and bank statements to prove the financial stability of the sponsor.

The visa officer are not custodians of knowledge and for sure will presume that a well established business cannot be effectively managed and running smoothly by only two persons (Husband and Wife). There are a lot of documents requirements for applicant's using company bank statements as POF and board of resolutions letter is one of them and plays a pivotal role in the application. The board of directors also referred to as the share holders in a business has great influence in funds accessibility and availability towards the applicant's studies in Canada and mustn't be neglected. They (board of directors) are the decision makers in every established limited liability company.

I have come across a GCMS note, where the visa officer pointedly mentioned that he is not satisfied that funds in the sponsor's account will be accessible by the applicant due to funds restriction by the shareholders in the company. As for evidence which you asked for, Board resolution letter is very pertinent and is mostly used to substantiate funds accessibility for those using cooperate accounts in their study permit application. It has never in history pose to be a problem in the immigration policy of Canada for study permit application.

I don't dish out what I am not definite about on this thread, before I make a comment on a post, I must have backed up evidence and proofs as to the validity of my experiences. This has been my code for over the years. If you require proves to support my claims about company board of resolution letter and the number of applicants that have used it in their application and were successful, I will gladly furnish you with them.

Thank you!

As always, it will end in praise.

Feel free to believe that yourself but i don't.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 2:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
@Frankrobbn1, pls respond to this.. This back and forth with Justwise is ok na grin
others that know, pls respond as well

Pee2Jay9:
Truly, Mechanical seems really competitive even the MEng ain't as easy. UoM requires even a supervisor to accept before one can be admitted for course based MEng.

Pls can you state the cost of MEng Mechanical in Uni of Windsor? This school has the highest application fee I've seen so far.. The website can't do justice to tuition as it estimates fees per course. Do you know someone that can give exact figure and duration? I'll really look forward to your reply as their deadline is 1st of August

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
@Frankrobbn1, pls respond to this.. This back and forth with Justwise is ok na grin
others that know, pls respond as well

Quite simple, uwindsor provide tuition estimator tab on their webpage. Filter by your course, level of study, international status and you will know their tuition cost, just know that their charges is per term.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oma22: 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
Kaycevit:

It was stated on their site that maintenance was ongoing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
Kaycevit:

That young man was always here throughout the process of submission. But since the day he dropped the good news update, he hasn't make a single comment till date. Even if he won't uplaod a screenshot, he could at least lift the moral of the group with a comprehensive testimony.

We go all dey alright sha

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 2:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
Pls, I need clarification on this:
School exempted me from English Test, do I still need to provide one for Visa processing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
milkytins:
Pls, I need clarification on this:
School exempted me from English Test, do I still need to provide one for Visa processing

No

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 2:58pm On Jun 06, 2020
Urrch:

No

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 2:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
Abeg help me tell him. No one disputes his approval because as we all know, IRCC are unpredictable. A simple screen shot would lift the moral of prospective awaiting applicants. There is no harm. If everyone gets approval and leaves, how will others benefit. Share what you did different. Others will learn from it. The goal is for everyone to get the visa.
Someone said I am being negative. How on earth. I don't want others to get visa or what?
Phatkayconcept:

That young man was always here throughout the process of submission. But since the day he dropped the good news update, he hasn't make a single comment till date. Even if he won't uplaod a screenshot, he could at least lift the moral of the group with a comprehensive testimony.

We go all dey alright sha

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 3:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
Stop wasting your time. Someone who doesn't know CIC post about maintenance, how do you start arguing with such a person.
Rather he confidently said I should stop assuming.
oma22:

It was stated on their site that maintenance was ongoing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
Thank you.. I see that but how many terms per year or for the complete program? I want more than website info.. I had sent emails but they weren't very specific

Phatkayconcept:

Quite simple, uwindsor provide tuition estimator tab on their webpage. Filter by your course, level of study, international status and you will know their tuition cost, just know that their charges is per term.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.