Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1170635 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Thank you.. I see that but how many terms per year or for the complete program? I want more than website info.. I had sent emails but they weren't very specific

If you read the website carefully, you will find answer.

Here is a link for all engineering program, spend time to read thoroughly

http://web4.uwindsor.ca/units/registrar/calendars/graduate/cur.nsf/982f0e5f06b5c9a285256d6e006cff78/58c38a597dc09ac68525846c005987c7!OpenDocument
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
justwise:

I know very well that many of you here are trying to help and not intentionally trying to mislead people but i will encourage all us to think long and hard about things we post here.

What exactly will board resolution letter prove? That the sponsor has the money to sponsor her? That the sponsor is willing to use the company's capital for non-business related expenditure ?

The op does not work for this company and her application got nothing to do with her uncle's company, all the VO wants to know is that the money is available for her studies in Canada

So rather than providing evidence of that you are sending in board of resolution letter?

This is just a company run by husband and wife and you want her to submit board of resolution letter written by the same uncle and you expect the VO to take this seriously?

Hello Justwise,

There are so many content to a board resolution letter. By law, any small scale liability business/company can have a constituted board members or board of directors. The article of association also says a lot. Two people can run a small scale business and still constitute a board if need be.

No matter how small a business/company is, a CEO is a CEO as long as there is a steady and reliable flow of funds in its own capacity sufficiently enough to cater for any positive satisfaction. By using a company account which "some" say its pungent and gets the VO not smiling, and if using the company's account pose to be the sole choice, and no matter how small or average that business though there are few exceptions; the board resolution letter is one easily and legal document to demonstrate financial approval et al.

Just like in actual sense that a Deed of Gift for cash seems baseless or off in more similar understanding as the Board Resolution Letter. The truth is if you claim the other person is wrong then you might likely be wrong too because these facts in contention are not on the official website or immigration rule book of IRCC.

I don't think personally that relevant documents in its numerous numbers pass a wrong message especially when its directly involves the application and personal or certain circumstances. It is bad when it becomes confusing and unorganized. Every situation isn't the same and there might be need for more relevant documents to back a claim of a claim and/or convoluting events.

I believe its an open forum and what is necessary is to either contribute your own viewpoints or respectfully pass your message, afterall, you also do not have substantial proof that what has been said was not in light of either IRCC or the VO's discretion. We all have to acknowledge and understand the actual truth in practical experiences based on that of others or ourselves. There are many advices and perspectives in expressing, narrating and sharing past experiences with interested others. This "mouth" has a reliable proverbs that helps the listening ears think through their minds to find actual solace.

This is just me trying to air my opinion and contribution to this dragging issue that is about to derail the thread. We should always look for better ways to express ideas without castigating. This should be considered as my only "contribution" on this topic.

Know that I hold you in high esteem. One love!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 3:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Truly, Mechanical seems really competitive even the MEng ain't as easy. UoM requires even a supervisor to accept before one can be admitted for course based MEng.

Pls can you state the cost of MEng Mechanical in Uni of Windsor? This school has the highest application fee I've seen so far.. The website can't do justice to tuition as it estimates fees per course. Do you know someone that can give exact figure and duration? I'll really look forward to your reply as their deadline is 1st of August

Pee2Jay9:
@Frankrobbn1, pls respond to this.. This back and forth with Justwise is ok na grin
others that know, pls respond as well

The tuition fees for MEng program at the University of Windsor cost $35,200CAD which also includes the incidental fees.

Please see the attachment with this post from U of Windsor acceptance letter. I trust you will find this information useful to your enquiry.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Justwise,

There are so many content to a board resolution letter. By law, any small scale liability business/company can have a constituted board members or board of directors. The article of association also says a lot. Two people can run a small scale business and still constitute a board if need be.

No matter how small a business/company is, a CEO is a CEO as long as there is a steady and reliable flow of funds in its own capacity sufficiently enough to cater for any positive satisfaction. By using a company account which "some" say its pungent and gets the VO not smiling, and if using the company's account pose to be the sole choice, and no matter how small or average that business though there are few exceptions; the board resolution letter is one easily and legal document to demonstrate financial approval et al.

Just like in actual sense that a Deed of Gift for cash seems baseless or off in more similar understanding as the Board Resolution Letter. The truth is if you claim the other person is wrong then you might likely be wrong too because these facts in contention are not on the official website or immigration rule book of IRCC.

I don't think personally that relevant documents in its numerous numbers pass a wrong message especially when its directly involves the application and personal or certain circumstances. It is bad when it becomes confusing and unorganized. Every situation isn't the same and there might be need for more relevant documents to back a claim of a claim and/or convoluting events.

I believe its an open forum and what is necessary is to either contribute your own viewpoints or respectfully pass your message, afterall, you also do not have substantial proof that what has been said was not in light of either IRCC or the VO's discretion. We all have to acknowledge and understand the actual truth in practical experiences based on that of others or ourselves. There are many advices and perspectives in expressing, narrating and sharing past experiences with interested others. This "mouth" has a reliable proverbs that helps the listening ears think through their minds to find actual solace.

This is just me trying to air my opinion and contribution to this dragging issue that is about to derail the thread. We should always look for better ways to express ideas without castigating. This should be considered as my only "contribution" on this topic.

One of the most insightful post on this thread since this month. Keep the good works up and doing bro!

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
Please @justwise leave @frankrobbn1 with his contributions. This thread will be empty without him. The fact that he takes his time (without pay) to advise people on here is something that’s impeccable.

Yes he may not be right at all times, but don’t also try to downvote the contribution. You can easily quote and state that it’s optional than irrelevant. It was only a suggestion.

It’s up to @luckymama to decide if it’s convenient for her to get such document or not. You’re more knowledgeable about the U.K. than Canada. Kindly let the gurus here do the Canada part of you don’t mind. Please don’t be offended.

Thank you.
Godbless

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 4:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
Please @justwise leave @frankrobbn1 with his contributions. This thread will be empty without him. The fact that he takes his time (without pay) to advise people on here is something that’s impeccable.

Yes he may not be right at all times, but don’t also try to downvote the contribution. You can easily quote and state that it’s optional than irrelevant. It was only a suggestion.

It’s up to @luckymama to decide if it’s convenient for her to get such document or not. You’re more knowledgeable about the U.K. than Canada. Kindly let the gurus here do the Canada part of you don’t mind. Please don’t be offended.

Thank you.
Godbless

This thread will not be empty without him or me, this thread will move on as it has always done with or without him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Justwise,

You are missing the point, this is not about what board resolution letter is, its about whether its necessary to submit it in this occasion.

Again its a bad idea to submit company's account as the source of fund for foreign studies no matter the amount in that account, you use the profit from that company which will be supported by tax documents showing the gross and net profit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rollyxxmv(m): 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
E. B Things grin
Phatkayconcept:

That young man was always here throughout the process of submission. But since the day he dropped the good news update, he hasn't make a single comment till date. Even if he won't uplaod a screenshot, he could at least lift the moral of the group with a comprehensive testimony.

We go all dey alright sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
Thank you.. This was exactly what i needed

Frankrobbn1:

The tuition fees for MEng program at the University of Windsor cost $35,200CAD which also includes the incidental fees.

Please see the attachment with this post from U of Windsor acceptance letter. I trust you will find this information useful to your enquiry.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Broadmind: 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
Hello house, please is it mandatory for applicant to pay for tuitions fee in Nigeria before applying for study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
Children of God, calm down na..
2 strong matters to settle in 1 day? No na
Frank VS Justwise and Phatkayconcept VS kAy*** sorry couldn't spell the name

If gurus are arguing on something that is not even a major, what will upcoming motivational speakers like me do? It have do bikonu else I'll report y'all to kenya VOs

It shall all end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by joyenaholo11(f): 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
Hi All,

Please I need help as I am very confused and don't know what to do.
I applied for the study permit visa about 6 weeks ago...I just decided to go through my application on Wednesday evening and I realized I made a huge mistake that may be said to be a misrepresentation. The question of "have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country", I selected No instead of Yes. I was refused a tourist visa to Portugal last year. I submitted a web form immediately I noticed the error, stating how I was refused and the reason I was refused. It was genuinely an oversight.
Please do you think I should withdraw my application immediately or I should wait till I get a response?
Please help!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rollyxxmv(m): 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Pee2Jay9:
Children of God, calm down na..
2 strong matters to settle in 1 day? No na
Frank VS Justwise and Phatkayconcept VS kAy*** sorry couldn't spell the name

If gurus are arguing on something that is not even a major, what will upcoming motivational speakers like me do? It have do bikonu else I'll report y'all to kenya VOs

It shall all end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
joyenaholo11:
Hi All,

Please I need help as I am very confused and don't know what to do.
I applied for the study permit visa about 6 weeks ago...I just decided to go through my application on Wednesday evening and I realized I made a huge mistake that may be said to be a misrepresentation. The question of "have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country", I selected No instead of Yes. I was refused a tourist visa to Portugal last year. I submitted a web form immediately I noticed the error, stating how I was refused and the reason I was refused. It was genuinely an oversight.
Please do you think I should withdraw my application immediately or I should wait till I get a response?
Please help!!

I doubt Portugal is among the countries Canada shares info with .
Whatever the case, no need to withdraw the web form you filled will do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by joyenaholo11(f): 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
Thank you very much
librangyps:

I doubt Portugal is among the countries Canada shares info with .
Whatever the case, no need to withdraw the web form you filled will do.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
Yes, company account is a bad idea. You might be able to use a company account as "proof of source of funds" but it is definitely not a proof of funds. That is why the VO was not satisfied that the money in that account would be available to the applicant. Who would take money from their business to sponsor someone else's education? I will understand if the applicant was a child, but it still doesn't make any logical sense.
"Proof of source of funds" and "proof of funds" are two different things. BTW, You must show both in your application.

Also, think about this, why would someone give a third party and fourth party their company's financial statement. It does not make any sense. If the applicant is the owner or partner in the company, then maybe it makes little sense. But still, there are better documents like tax documents, registration paper etc.

justwise:

You are missing the point, this is not about what board resolution letter is, its about whether its necessary to submit it in this occasion.

Again its a bad idea to submit company's account as the source of fund for foreign studies no matter the amount in that account, you use the profit from that company which will be supported by tax documents showing the gross and net profit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 7:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
justwise:

Feel free to believe that yourself but i don't.

We are intelligent beings from different school of thoughts and as such shouldn't agree on the same perspective. This makes us standout. I can't induce you to accept my suggestion because everyone is liable for their discretion.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
For the bolded, I understand your point but in that case, the sponsor would not be a person. The company would be the sponsor and good luck to whoever thinks that would convince a VO. Might work 15 years ago tho.

JustMellow:

Hello Justwise,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 7:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
dommakavelli:
Yes, company account is a bad idea. You might be able to use a company account as "proof of source of funds" but it is definitely not a proof of funds. That is why the VO was not satisfied that the money in that account would be available to the applicant. Who would take money from their business to sponsor someone else's education? I will understand if the applicant was a child, but it still doesn't make any logical sense.
"Proof of source of funds" and "proof of funds" are two different things. BTW, You must show both in your application.

Also, think about this, why would someone give a third party and fourth party their company's financial statement. It does not make any sense. If the applicant is the owner or partner in the company, then maybe it makes little sense. But still, there are better documents like tax documents, registration paper etc.

Please try to digest the situation on ground. No one (including myself) is suggesting that anyone on this thread should use company account for a Canadian study visa application. We all know that there are certain restrictions that accompanies funds in company's cooperate accounts and thus any applicant that intends using a cooperate account MUST include a bank reference letter and a Board Resolution Letter duly signed and approved by the board of directors of the business.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
Jejelaye01:
Exactly my thoughts.

Too many documents that can easily bring flags to an application and create reason(s) for doubt.

You never cease to amaze me honestly. So, Board of resolution letter has now become too many documents for applicant whose Sponsor's mostly operate with company account? I wish I could refer you to so many applicants on this thread whom i personally suggested that they should use this letter in their application and ended up getting approvals last year fall 2019.

I have no reason whatsoever to share falsifying information that could jeopardize applicant's chances of approval on this thread. I always make sure I have my facts straight from the wisdom of my experiences which I have enjoyed since my existence on this thread.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
milkytins:

Thanks a lot. I have more than enough proof of fund: equivalent of 33,000 canadian dollar + 10,000$ from RA after paying first Semester fee. That's total $43,000 after first semester tuition fee.
However, they do request for home tie and something to show one will come back home, and on the other hand, Canada always claim they do encourage family to come together. So why is it always difficult to get Visas for family through student visa if that is what they actually encourage?

Pls house, I still want to know what it takes to move with family together. We all know our intents will be to stay after study but not illegally.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Broadmind:
Hello house, please is it mandatory for applicant to pay for tuitions fee in Nigeria before applying for study permit?

Payment of upfront tuition fees is not a prerequisite for a visa approval. The Canadian embassy has made it clear enough that any applicant that decide to pay for their tuition fees does that on their risk and doesn't in any way improve your application chances for approval. However, some applicants prefer to pay just to demonstrate to the visa officer that they have the financial resources to undertake the proposed program in Canada. With that being said, you can decide to pay for it if you've the funds and should provide proof of tuition payment with your application.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Please try to digest the situation on ground. No one (including myself) is suggesting that anyone on this thread should use company account for a Canadian study visa application. We all know that there are certain restrictions that accompanies funds in company's cooperate accounts and thus any applicant that intends using a cooperate account MUST include a bank reference letter and a Board Resolution Letter duly signed and approved by the board of directors of the business.

It will end in praise

That is wrong, you can not use company's account to fund foreign education, money in company's account is for the running of the company.

dommakavelli is absolutely right, Board Resolution Letter means nothing when used in a case like this. The op is a 3rd party and has no link to this very company.

This company is not a charity organisation so it makes no sense that their document will be included in a visa application of a stranger.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NDNO(f): 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
sisikemi23:
Hello everyone,I just got an admission to a Canadian university in Québec and I would like to know if I need a statement of account to apply for a caq

Yes you need that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by hotboss: 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

This is a very competitive program in Canada especially for the thesis option. Getting admitted into the research based of this program will require alot of work by making sure your SOP stand out amongst other applicants from different countries. Also, your ability to convince the supervisor that you're the right candidate which should be given a space in his laboratory is very imperative here. Most importantly, you shouldn't all your eggs in one basket as it's much easier to secure admission into the MEng program in Mechanical Engineering at U of Windsor with your undergraduate GPA of 3.788.

It will end in praise

Amen.. I always applied to to MEng option. But I haven't tried U of Windsor bcz I saw that one shouldn't have more than 3 backlogs. And i have 5 Fs on my transcript. Although 2 where absent cases . I don't know of ibshoukd still go ahead to apply. Thank you very much for always responding .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aydindon123: 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ron5ke: 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

In view of the attachment, the visa officer is not satisfied that your proposed program in Canada is reasonably in light with your previous undergraduate studies and current employment as a poultry and hotel owner.

The visa officer wants to know the correlation between your experiences and the intended program. Why you're spending so much to pursue a program that is obtainable in Nigeria at a cheaper rate.

The fact that you've two siblings in Canada, the incentives of staying back after studies far outweigh your ties back home.

Your LOE should do justice to the above concerns raised by the visa officer. You should explain the correlation of your program in Canada with your current work experience. The benefits of the program after studies, whether it is financially rewarding that could offset the cost and difficulty of undertaking the program.

Your home ties in Nigeria, are you married? If so, your spouse and kids staying back in Nigeria, what are the provisions you had made for them as per their upkeep while you're pursuing your program in Canada. You should confidently let the visa officer know that having siblings who are PR in Canada should in no way have any negative impact in your application or be used against your study permit application. That, your sole intent of travelling to Canada is driven by a lawful purpose which is to study on a temporary basis and return home after studies.

Lastly, the business you claim to have here in Nigeria, is it a verifiable business with strong web presence? Provide explanation as to why you can't abandon your business in Nigeria for a Canadian stay.

All of these should be properly explained in a well articulated manner and as persuasive as possible in your next application.

It will end in praise.

Thank you Frank. My Parents own the business not me. I am not married too.Talking about work experience
I am not in that sector for now(how do I tackle this?). Also getting courses that are related to my BSC is a bit hard. Most times it's just GIS or Environmental courses. I will tackle all what you've stated in my next SOP & If you are chanced maybe you can help go through it. Thank you smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aydindon123: 10:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
Good Evening good people, lolz m new on here and am applying for a study visa into centennial college Canada for a 2 years program in Global Business Management.
I already paid my acceptance fee and the admission is for fall 2020 September
Done my medicals just last week
Done my police report

But I want to ask if I should Still proceed in applying for visa
My uncle in the US is saying I should not apply now that he his afraid that the embassy might not give me a student visa on the grounds that all schools are closed and schools are going into online classes

Now I want You guys to advise me
Cause I already wasted money And time to get most of my documents ready

Is it a good idea for me to apply at this time ?
What is the result of people applying since last month ?

Also Has anyone been giving visa for this month or last month

Kindly reply me God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oyinlove15: 6:03am On Jun 07, 2020

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by snapthat: 7:02am On Jun 07, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I’m new here.
I'm looking to apply for an MSc (Thesis based) in Canada and I need some advice regarding admissions and visa application before I start the process.

If I select a course based Msc, can i switch to thesis-based Msc when I arrive in Canada?

Thank you in advance for your comments.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 8:48am On Jun 07, 2020
Guys I am in dilemna. If I start online class for now, will it affect me when applying for permanent residency later on because of stay or to defer till Sept next year which is very very long. This is the mail I received from NBCC. I am lost on what to do. Starting semi online or waiting till 2021 September and starting. My fear is the PGWP and permanent residency, hope it won't be affected?

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.