Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages (36627 Views)

Soludo: Under Peter Obi, Poverty In Anambra Grew From 25% To 54% / Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% / Minimum Wage: FG Budgets N160bn For Civil Servants’ Salary Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by lasignor(m): 11:49am On Apr 27, 2020
This is the height of it all. Is it by force to donate money?

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by SmartyPants(m): 11:49am On Apr 27, 2020
adanny01:

I seriously don't agree with my governor on this.

We know for a fact that one of the reasons for corruption in Nigeria is low take home pay by workers. Civil servants cannot afford to build a house, buy a car or at least afford standard 3 square meals. This gives rise to poverty among civil servants who will either find alternate ways to make ends meet of take.

With Civil servants exempted from state or federal parliatives, and then price of food stuff has increased 60% in the past weeks then a forced salary cut. When the government is supposed to even give additional parliatives, they have decided to transfer their burden of providing health care facilities, affordable infrastructure and the other state responsibility to civil servants. It is absolutely wrong and very insensitive of the governor.

If any Civil servant that has a 100k salary with a loan of any kind say 30k, the person will be left with less than 50k and then have to spend more since price of food has gone up. At the rate of 60% surge on food prices, the civil servant will be left with 20k. That means hardship.

60% of food price surge plus 25% state deduction means a civil servant salary drops by 85%! That is highly wicked of the governor.

Where should the governor get money to feed everyone?
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by LordAdam: 11:52am On Apr 27, 2020
tot:

Can I ask you a question, are you one of those impacted? It's easy to say something is fair until you are the one impacted. Why should it be made mandatory for people to contribute anything?

Also walk in the shoes of people who have not made a dime in 1 month because they're shuttered in.

If you're asking them to stay home without respite for the next 30 days for public health reasons, it is your civic responsibility to make sacrifices as well. No be only the bottom 50% go make sacrifices for us, we also have to make sacrifices for them.

This should be a federal policy and should apply to every worker and business man in the country with take-home pay or revenue of above 60k.

It's either that, or they lift the lock down. You dey see 75% of your income at home; you dey grumble. The ones wen never see pim since the lock down start, wetin dem go do?

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by DCmonster: 11:52am On Apr 27, 2020
[s]
ddippset:
The problem with is in this country is what I call delusion and ignorance.

The way we always shiit palliative palliative is so evident that majority are ignorant of the state of Nigeria since the military era.

We are a country of 200 million producing only crude oil but everyone wants the government to feed 150 million people everyday.

Hmn

Let's do some math.

Let's use a conservative figure of #500 per day per person.

That is #75 Billion in one day.

Which is #2.25 Trillion in one month.

The people shouting palliative palliative upadan want the FG to feed us wth #2.25 Trillion every month shocked shocked

How much is our revenue?

El Rufia has come up with a good initiative.

Drop the hate for once.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by klbakare(m): 11:53am On Apr 27, 2020
mrvitalis:
This is the way to go honestly ...civil servants eat 60% of our revenue at least

If El rufai was not tribalistic he would have had my vote come 2023 ....

He and sanusi have the balls to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done

True talk, but for there religion and tribalism.
If you read accidental public servant, you will know that the last time nigeria had the best teams managing Nigeria's economy was Jonathan's regime.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by PassingShot(m): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Very wicked and heartless APC leaders.

APC must be wiped out of our political space in 2023 .

Useless thieves .
Frustrated soul! grin grin grin
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by 1stola: 11:55am On Apr 27, 2020
Izigha:

Some state are not even going to pay . Please o name the countries that are increasing salary at this time
See stupîd question o
Do you live in the cave?
How did you even get access to the internet

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by tot(f): 11:56am On Apr 27, 2020
LordAdam:

Also walk in the shoes of people who have not made a dime in 1 month because they're shuttered in.

If you're asking them to stay home without respite for the next 30 days for public health reasons, it is your civic responsibility to make sacrifices as well. No be only the bottom 50% go make sacrifices for us, we also have to make sacrifices for them.

This should be a federal policy and should apply to every worker and business man in the country with take-home pay or revenue of above 60k.

It's either that, or they lift the lock down. You dey see 75% of your income at home; you dey grumble. The ones wen never see pim since the lock down start, wetin dem go do?

-Lord

Disagree with that.

My issue is not that the needy are not to be catered for, my issue is where that should come from. Especially in a country where people are already suffering from bad governance - bad healthcare, bad roads, no light. Now you are asking them to make sacrifices? Have they not made enough? The govt should sort itself out and leave the people out of it.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by LordAdam: 11:56am On Apr 27, 2020
ddippset:
The problem with is in this country is what I call delusion and ignorance.

The way we always shiit palliative palliative is so evident that majority are ignorant of the state of Nigeria since the military era.

We are a country of 200 million producing only crude oil but everyone wants the government to feed 150 million people everyday.

Hmn

Let's do some math.

Let's use a conservative figure of #500 per day per person.

That is #75 Billion in one day.

Which is #2.25 Trillion in one month.

The people shouting palliative palliative upadan want the FG to feed us wth #2.25 Trillion every month shocked shocked

How much is our revenue?

El Rufia has come up with a good initiative.

Drop the hate for once.

I'd never vote for El Rufai. And I don't think I've every agreed with a zombie talking point before.

But El Rufai has my unwavering support for this. If Buhari does same and makes it compulsory for both public and private employees, he'd also have my support.

Same people complaining now were mostly applauding the lock down extension for 30 days and dismissing objections by those whose livelihoods have been crushed. Oya, support the latter with 25% of your salary; they're grumbling. That's wickedness.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by seanjy4konji: 11:57am On Apr 27, 2020
Some vou tries are giving citizens money, some are cutting salaries weh never reach them chop self.

Inside life.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by tot(f): 11:57am On Apr 27, 2020
PLATO1U:
The labour union should sue the government. How much are the polithiefians cutting from their pay.

Government is about the people and not the other way round.

Las Las na one thief go still dey thief the money.

Exactly.
People do not benefit from the government on a good day, now the government wants to benefit from them! Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by LordAdam: 11:58am On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:
What a brilliant move from El Rufai. Had it been that he was not a bigot and fulani supremacist, he would have my vote for president.

You can say that again.

-Lord
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by AntiWailer: 11:59am On Apr 27, 2020
Good one.

You cant sit at home with guaranteed job and still expect to be paid in full.

U sleep, wake up , watch TV no value added in any form but u expect Ur full salary to be Ur right.

I support the move and hope they use the money judiciously

Plenty private companies are doing the same thing. Even most of Ex Senator common sense employees had a 25% salary cut already.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by premier79(m): 11:59am On Apr 27, 2020
Nice one from the governor, atleast they will get something at the end of the day.what those that are not civil servant and they are also in lockdown. How are they going to get their earning.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by LordAdam: 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
Izigha:
If not for our religious and ethnic differences, El-Rufia could have been a good president.

The major issue with him is his ethnic supremacy agenda. If we were a country with strong institutions that could rein that side of him in, he'd make an excellent President.

People have been asking, come up with indigenous solutions; and he pulls this out of the hat. Bravo!

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by adanny01(m): 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

Where should the governor get money to feed everyone?

Is he going to feed the civil servants? NO. Will they receive parliatives? NO. The are virtually exempted from all support. Kaduna Civil servants get deductions for health insurance. Do they enjoy health insurance not. They get mortgage deductions for the entire 35yrs of service and then given 200k for housing on retirement (both my parents got that).

Did you buy sugar recently, the price is almost double. Rice is 30k. Flour, milk, beverages, yams, tomatoes etc have all almost doubled.

If food has doubled, the salary's have gone down by half them take out another 25%. What is left.

Will the governor feed anyone? How many testing centers are there? What is he going to do with the money that can benefit the civil servants? Nothing?

The US government gave all citizens $1000 as parliatives per month. Here, they are taking parliatives from citizens with nothing to show.

My neighbor works with the a LG that benefitted the FG 20k, this woman was sharing money with other staff of the LG. Was she poor, no. How did you think she came by the money? For every 20k that a poor person gets, a politician gets 100k.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by stealmatic(m): 12:03pm On Apr 27, 2020
LibertyRep:
It has started. The civil servants will always be the first casualty in government.
What happens to those politicians and their appointees taking large chunk of the resources?

Selfish private establishment who never wanted to pay salary in the first instance will now escalate it.
most of u dont read,public servant not civil servant,do u find it hard to read or wat,he said al d public ofice holders,lik comisioners and co to giv 500k each,olodo pple
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by starz100: 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
And someone believes the money will not be diverted, that it will be used to feed the poor.
El-rufai only wants to score cheap political points - notice me tendency. Have you ever noticed that the governor always acts like a dictator. Even if you have lofty ideas why not at least consult with the public servants before making such moves.
The motive is right but wrong method.

The truth again is that the poor civil servant always pays the price for the ineptitude and greed of the politicians. Otherwise, Nigeria is a rich nation.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by FGonline: 12:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
izzou:
I have learnt a lot of life lessons this period

lol

Like?
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by LordAdam: 12:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
ddippset:
You guys are playing the ostrich.

You are still not getting the real picture of things in NIgeria.

You are campaigning and advocating for no more than 500,000 people who have been told to earn 50k and above in one month,

Forgetting about another one million people who do not even have access to 2k in one whole month.

You guys think na! Think!!

Are you a JJC?

They don't care about those 1m people. They just don't want to say it openly. Tomorrow they'd complain that politicians don't have the interest of "the masses" at heart. Oya join the politicians to care now, they're raising their arms in protest.

What is the difference between them and the politicians they like to rail on?

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by 989900: 12:09pm On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

My dear that is your business o.

The state is in lockdown and you are mentioning transport, clothes, school fees, and generator.
Transport to where?
Who is buying clothes at this time? to go where? From bedroom to parlour?
Which school is open?

Can you see that you are not thinking?
So someone that was earning 68k before was using generator comfortably?

Why are you spending so much energy trying to explain simple stuffs to an inexorable denialist -- it works as well as trying to baptize a cat.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by SmartyPants(m): 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2020
adanny01:

Is he going to feed the civil servants? NO. Will they receive parliatives? NO. The are virtually exempted from all support. Kaduna Civil servants get deductions for health insurance. Do they enjoy health insurance not. They get mortgage deductions for the entire 35yrs of service and then given 200k for housing on retirement (both my parents got that).

Did you buy sugar recently, the price is almost double. Rice is 30k. Flour, milk, beverages, yams, tomatoes etc have all almost doubled.

If food has doubled, the salary's have gone down by half them take out another 25%. What is left.

Will the governor feed anyone? How many testing centers are there? What is he going to do with the money that can benefit the civil servants? Nothing?

The US government gave all citizens $1000 as parliatives per month. Here, they taking parliatives from citizens.

Palliatives are given according to capacity. Let's get very objective for a second.

1. The deduction from those who have is going directly to those who do not have. So yes, the governor is indeed feeding the entire State.

2. By what standard are you comparing Nigeria and the USA? Nigeria has a GDP of 400 billion USD. USA has a GDP of 20 trillion USD. Does your comparison make sense to you?

3. Everything you listed about mortgages and health insurance has no bearing on the current issue.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by LordAdam: 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

The thing is baffling me. It is like Nigerians just love to complain.

Far from it.

We are all inherently selfish. The ones commenting are just unhinged about theirs.

-Lord
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by DNA25(m): 12:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
wat
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by luckyaig: 12:14pm On Apr 27, 2020
This govt people are not to be trusted.So they can just take such action without due consultation. Hmmm.Am just tired of these people
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by ALABACONNECT(m): 12:15pm On Apr 27, 2020
Stealing
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by KenModi(m): 12:15pm On Apr 27, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Very wicked and heartless APC leaders.

APC must be wiped out of our political space in 2023 .

Useless thieves .

Trust me, Nigerians would prove you wrong.

And you still think APC is the problem of Nigeria?? grin grin
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2020
most of the workers are all at home, so taking 25% of the salary of those that earns above 67,000 is not too bad, the political appointees will also have 50% taken from the own money. everyone has to survive,
those that works in private sector that don't even have any hope for salary. na woah

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by KenModi(m): 12:17pm On Apr 27, 2020
Macphenson:
By the time this useless APC sadist are through with Nigerians, the idiots the hat voted them in power must get sense.

Rubbish.

You still think APC is the problem of Nigeria??

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by stealmatic(m): 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
I tink Most peopl dnt knw d difrnt between public and civil servants,most of dem are from d potopoto republic dat der master just died in italy,de find a way to spoil every gud tin,
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by ddippset(m): 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
LordAdam:

Are you a JJC?

They don't care about those 1m people. They just don't want to say it openly. Tomorrow they'd complain that politicians don't have the interest of "the masses" at heart. Oya join the politicians to care now, they're raising their arms in protest.

What is the difference between them and the politicians they like to rail on?

-Lord
grin grin

No difference my brother.
No difference.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
mrvitalis:
This is the way to go honestly ...civil servants eat 60% of our revenue at least

If El rufai was not tribalistic he would have had my vote come 2023 ....

He and sanusi have the balls to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done

People like you are one of the problems will have on this country. Nobody (not even govt) has the right to take from your salary without your consent. This was not done in a military regime. They have funds that they can source from to do whatever they want to do. They have billions of naira as security votes. So, because civil servants are staying at home, it means they don't have what to use money for? Do you know that with this lockdown, food consumption in the house will increase? Aside house rents and school fees waiting to be paid.

Can you please tell me what the Kaduna state govt has done thus far? What do they intend to use the Money for? Build hospitals? Buy testing kits? Distribute palliatives to the poor? So, what exactly do they want to use the money for?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Adeleke, Osun Governor-Elect / APC Presidential Campaign Spokesman, Festus Keyamo Returned To Law (photos) / Ashura Procession: One Dead, Others Injured As Police Fire At Shiites (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.