Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages (36658 Views)

Soludo: Under Peter Obi, Poverty In Anambra Grew From 25% To 54% / Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% / Minimum Wage: FG Budgets N160bn For Civil Servants’ Salary Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by TiffanyJ(f): 11:11am On Apr 27, 2020
tot:

Can I ask you a question, are you one of those impacted? It's easy to say something is fair until you are the one impacted. Why should it be made mandatory for people to contribute anything?
I'm a civil servant in Kaduna. I understand that if my money is touched, it's to help the poor. If it doesn't get to the poor, that's between Rufai and his God

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by watchindelta(m): 11:11am On Apr 27, 2020
How much are they paying them before! I heard in warri governor okowa they hold teachers salary even for this corona time! Some ppl wicked chai oh. No brain no headache. Alpha bloody...
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by adesola89: 11:12am On Apr 27, 2020
Good move. I have been expecting this from the government. Kudos to the Kaduna state government for the bold step. The cut would have been more than that had economic principles were totally followed. Other state governments and federal government should follow suit especially for those at the top of the salary ladder.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Izigha(m): 11:13am On Apr 27, 2020
If not for our religious and ethnic differences, El-Rufia could have been a good president.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Olumyyde(m): 11:13am On Apr 27, 2020
saintruky:
I just reminiscent when I worked with Lapo mfb.. that coy sha
What's up with Lapo?
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by heykims(m): 11:13am On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

so 50k is not enough? What does a family of 5, for example, need that 50k cannot buy in a month?
What!!! 50k for a family of 5??
If u continue to reason this way, u may struggle...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by EmmyOD(m): 11:14am On Apr 27, 2020
It's not only in Kadunna. Even Arsenal FC too announced cut in staff salaries. It's OK since they are not working.
With time, all these shall pass away

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by EzzyCarter: 11:14am On Apr 27, 2020
blackpanda:

Pls if u don't believe in Nigeria relocate elsewhere that is perfect for u. Am tired of this ur disgusting rhetorics. The governor may be insane for this but u are also part of the problem

Lolz. Mr Nigeria, I dey feel ur rant sha grin
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by EzzyCarter: 11:15am On Apr 27, 2020
martowskin1:

By 2023 we go get sense when voting

By force grin

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by tot(f): 11:15am On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

Every country manages their own in a unique way my dear. I just can't understand why so many of you cannot process and analyse information without supporting your argument on the basis of "look at what XYZ country is doing". Are the circumstances the same? You want to compare Nigeria to the countries that provide aid to Nigeria. Is there a basis for such comparison?? Are you telling me that you are so selfish that you can't contemplate a 25% temporary cut that will be used to feed the poor??

Why on earth can you not compare yourself to those getting it right? The same countries your leaders run to for healthcare and what not. Anyway, let us continue excusing mediocrity, everyone will suffer it.

If you are not one of those impacted, you have no right to justify it. Easy to say others should take a 25% cut cos it doesn't impact you. So anyone who earns about 67k is rich? Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by EzzyCarter: 11:16am On Apr 27, 2020
Angelfrost:

T[b]he term "donation" is merely to make their action look humane and excusable[/b]... The man never planned to pay full salaries! Can't say I blame him.

The future of this nation's economy is not looking good at all!

Exactly @ bolded cheesy ...
Nigeria is indeed sitting on a long thing right now sad
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by tot(f): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2020
ddippset:
So what is your revenue compared to "other countries?"

What do you produce compared to "other countries?"

Do you know that millions are currently losing their jobs in "other countries?"

People just sit at home in their pyjamas and night gowns and carry phone to criticize!

Of course, trust the APC defenders to crawl out. I don't waste my energy on you ppl. Would rather spend that time discussing with open minded ppl.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by heykims(m): 11:17am On Apr 27, 2020
This thread is civil servants vs non-civil servants.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by SmartyPants(m): 11:18am On Apr 27, 2020
heykims:

What!!! 50k for a family of 5??
If u continue to reason this way, u may struggle for life.

be silent there!

Who is talking about aspirational metrics here? We are navigating public policy for the nation in a time of unprecedented challenges, in the ocntext of which we are talking about salary reduction from 68k to 50k. In a time when there is no movement and the only expense is food and utilities. If you were survinign on 68k before, with transport and other living costs, how can 50k to sit at home not be enough?

Please, allow me to engage with mature fellows this morning.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by ddippset(m): 11:18am On Apr 27, 2020
heykims:

So ur definition for top earner is someone earning above 67k?
Your comment is so filled with hate, and all I see is envy for civil servants, of course u ain't one.
That is not my definition of a top earner.

But it has got to start from somewhere.

The idea is to make sure nobody goes home with less than 50 thousand.

Those on the grade level earning 67k will lose approx 17k.
The next grade level to them earns 50k.

So everybody gets at least 50k.

They have not been working and have not been spending transport money.

And of course those earning very big will forfeit very big.

If your pay is 500k you will donate 125k.
If you earn 800k you will donate 200k.
If you earn 1 million you will donate 250k.

So you see, the actual top earners get to donate heavily.

The only problem I see is if the money gets diverted and not given to the millions who are poor,
Who do not even earn 500 naira in 1 week.

You guys can wail and cry all you want,

But I say God bless El Rufai for this initiative.

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 27, 2020
This is a draconian regime
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by heykims(m): 11:20am On Apr 27, 2020
EmmyOD:
It's not only in Kadunna. Even Arsenal FC too announced cut in staff salaries. It's OK since they are not working.
With time, all these shall pass away
With the permission of the players. They didn't touched Ozil's money because he didn't consent to pay cut.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by tot(f): 11:20am On Apr 27, 2020
Iamgrey5:
I have argued here that Nigeria doesn't have the money to enforce a lock down

But if majority of "Educated Nigerians" including the civil and public servants believe the lock down is the best way to go.

Then the government must come up with the money from somewhere to support the poor people.

How about they come up with the money from the millions they've looted? Nigerians that are already getting a bad deal from the govt is who they should be taxing? No constant light, High food prices and now a pay cut. Great, continue the support. The chicken always comes to roost eventually.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by EzzyCarter: 11:20am On Apr 27, 2020
heykims:
All I see here is non-civil servants siding with the govt due to envy.
The govt has no right to cut salaries of workers except there is clause for that provision in the appointment letter and there is isn't.
Even football clubs have to take permission from players before cutting their wages.
So he's going to cut salaries of health workers too

God bless you @ bolded. Exactly what I have on my mind

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Izigha(m): 11:22am On Apr 27, 2020
[quote author=tot post=88905017]

Nigerians truly deserve the leaders they get. Imagine justifying this.

Other countries are furloughing employees and supporting businesses with grants. Go and read up on how other governments across the world are supporting their citizens, furloughing in the UK etc. [/quote

Kkkkk, dnt kill me with laughter. I wish there was a small level of criteria for get on this forum. Furlough is not a good thing for a worker. It like you are sack. Go home, we will call you back when things get better. You are here priasing it. Lol

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by mrvitalis(m): 11:22am On Apr 27, 2020
Seetto:

Bro elrufai is neither tribalistic nor religion bigots, I live in kaduna as well, he employed people into the civil service base on merit regardness of your religion/ethnic background, sentiments aside elrufai has the capacity to fix Nigeria, hope coming election he is giving a VP position.
Vp is the most unless position in Nigeria ....I rather have him as a super minister than vp

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 27, 2020
The Robbery has started.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Olumyyde(m): 11:22am On Apr 27, 2020
TiffanyJ:

My sister, read the post well before you complain. The man is after political appointees and senior staff. He made it mandatory for all political appointees to contribute #500k each and from henceforth forfeit 50% percent of their salaries.
Senior public servant whose net pay after tax is 67,000 must also contribute 25% of their salary. To me, this is fair. No one who collects less than 67000 will be affected.
May GOD help us all.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by heykims(m): 11:22am On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

be silent there!

Who is talking about aspirational metrics here? We are navigating public policy for the nation in a time of unprecedented challenges, in the ocntext of which we are talking about salary reduction from 68k to 50k. In a time when there is no movement and the only expense is food and utilities. If you were survinign on 68k before, with transport and other living costs, how can 50k to sit at home not be enough?

Please, allow me to engage with mature fellows this morning.
A person who says 50k is enough to feed a family of 5 is not mature. He is suffering but doesn't know he's suffering. Nigeria has happened to him.

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by SmartyPants(m): 11:24am On Apr 27, 2020
tot:

Why on earth can you not compare yourself to those getting it right? The same countries your leaders run to for healthcare and what not. Anyway, let us continue excusing mediocrity, everyone will suffer it.

If you are not one of those impacted, you have no right to justify it. Easy to say others should take a 25% cut cos it doesn't impact you. So anyone who earns about 67k is rich? Na wa.

We can't compare ourselves to them because we do not have the resources they do. Is that not obvious? Now let me ask you these two questions:

1. Can Nigeria afford to pay every household a minimum of 1k dollars as is done in the US and Canada? Can we?

2. What is your plan for the needy?

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by tot(f): 11:24am On Apr 27, 2020
[quote author=Izigha post=88905635][/quote]

Rather than the employer sacking people, the govt volunteers to pay up to 80% of employees' salaries. It's like sack indeed. Duh.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by tot(f): 11:24am On Apr 27, 2020
Olumyyde:

How far can 67k go?
May GOD help us all.

Help me ask them o, as if 67k is one luxurious amount. Mschew.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Olumyyde(m): 11:24am On Apr 27, 2020
ignis:

Oga, you no go work and dem dey pay u 75% of your salary, haba

Fear God and appreciate.
U have a point tho.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Beedude(m): 11:24am On Apr 27, 2020
TiffanyJ:

Political office holders must each contribute #500k then henceforth, forfeit 50% of their monthly salary.
The 25% deduction is for senior staff. Anyone whose netpay is up to 67k after tax. To me, it's fair
Thanks for breaking it down for them. We just love to decieve ourselves in this country. Lagos should follow so it can share reasonable palliatives to every house in Lag and extend the lockdown. The resources of the state should be shared among citizens at this period. A civil servant getting 50k without going to work should appreciate. So many private workers are at home with no salary. And to even think it was revenue generated from private coy and other informal sectors that will be used to pay civil servant makes it a good idea. Without private sector and informal workers, the govt of a state cant employ much. We all need one another to survive this war

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Beedude(m): 11:26am On Apr 27, 2020
Olawale118:
This is just wickedness.
How?
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by tot(f): 11:26am On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

We can't compare ourselves to them because we do not have the resources they do. Is that not obvious? Now let me ask you these two questions:

1. Can Nigeria afford to pay every household a minimum of 1k dollars as is done in the US and Canada? Can we?

2. What is your plan for the needy?

Okay now, let us continue to justify whatever crap the govt offers and refuse to learn from those getting it right "because we do not have the resources they do". The same govt where individuals loot millions and billions is not penalizing citizens. Why should the citizens be the ones to cater for the needy?
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by ddippset(m): 11:26am On Apr 27, 2020
heykims:

A person who says 50k is enough to feed a family of 5 is not mature. He is suffering but doesn't know he's suffering. Nigeria has happened to him.
Tell that to those who have a family of 5 but earn 1k in a month.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo's New Official Portrait / 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside / Certificate Saga: Why We Attached Buhari’s Recent Photograph – School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.