Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages (36641 Views)

Soludo: Under Peter Obi, Poverty In Anambra Grew From 25% To 54% / Recession: Niger State To Slash Civil Servants Salary By 50% / Minimum Wage: FG Budgets N160bn For Civil Servants’ Salary Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by SmartyPants(m): 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
adanny01:

It is easy to say but is impossible to do it. He os not going to give the money to anybody, trust me.

They brought state parliatives, I saw how it was shared. They distributed the state parliatives to LGAs, LGAs shared to Wards and then from wards it land in the hands of APC ward leaders. The ward leaders divided the entire parliatives into 2 brought out half. Gave bag of semo to a woman, a carton of noodles to her son, 4 litres of vegetables oil to her daughter meanwhile her husband is the ward chairman. Other families received i cup of oil and 2 or 3 noodles. In 1hr, everything has finished.

Later that night, the APC ward chairman's son was see pushing a wheel barrow with 5bags of semo and 5 cartons of noodles plus other items. It took him 3 trips from their house to the store.

The state thought the shared parliatives but no, this man does not eat semo in his house. He has never been able to afford them so he called Emeka the shop keep and sold everything to him for cash.

This is the reality. You can desire it but you cannot execute it. You can only show the food on TV that you provided but it will not get to where it needs to get. The politicians end up with 25% in their pockets.

What ever parliatives that isn't in form of cash or service, ends up in the wrong place.

Even if he buys 5 million testing kits, 2 million will end up in a private clinic or pharmacy that citizens will still pay for.

Are we comparing GDP? If the American GDP is giving parliatives of $1000, the smaller Nigerian GDP should consider giving $0-100 not to take from citizens.

So you think if 25% is deducted, the will not deduct loans, tax, contribution, levies etc? How do they become irrelevant when they will be deducted still.

All does deductions for years didn't provide what. They need to provide health insurance, or good infrastructure, certainly and month or 2 of heavy deductions will certainly not do anything. Just another fund to be looted while citizens become poorer.

Are uou aware that a civil servant in Kaduna state with a salary of 100k is at the level of assistant director? In the average, such a person should have less than 15yrs to retire so should of the mid to late 40's. That means the person should have an average family size of 6 with atleast 4 being adults. After all deductions and thw rise in food price, they will be left with 20-30k to feed for 30days.. say. 25k/6=4k

Each person of the house hold member will be left with less than N150/day to feed the entire month.

That is serious poverty that the governor plunged an assistant director!

You have no idea how messed up Nigeria is.

Brotherly...so a few weeks of 25% deduction is what will plunge a director into poverty? Is Covid-19 here forever? Whose fault is it that the director has debts??

1. If you want to make a comparison between the US and Nigeria, here it is: the US GDP is 50 times Nigeria's own.

2. If the US gives approximately 1k usd, that is 0.000005% of their GDP.

Let's assume Nigeria does the same:

3. 0.000005% of Nigerias GDP is 20 USD. 1/50 of the amount given by the US.

Now tell me, if the government provides 20 usd worth of palliatives (take note of the spelling please), won't you also be here to complain?? after all, according to you, prices have increased by 60% so what can 7k naira buy?
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by banhammy: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
EzzyCarter:

We'll see how that goes @bolded
Let's be optimistic
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by EzzyCarter: 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
bayelsaowei:
the Nigerian government is useless. If at this point our law makers and Nigerians are not out now clamoring for true federalism then to hell with this God forsaken nation..

The oil from the Nigerian delta has outlived its long hands in feeding the whole country...

I doubt if the governor's allowances are touched..

The citizens must always suffer..being the docile citizens Nigerians are watch how they keep shut and manage the pay cut...

God bless you. They've taken Nigerians for fools. Imagine the effontery !

And his own salary keeps piling up. SMH!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by EzzyCarter: 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
banhammy:

Let's be optimistic

Definitely hoping for the best. We'll see how it goes smiley
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Alexanderkliy: 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

My friend, if they were surviving on 67 k, they can surely survive on 50k. and besides that, the money is going back to the poor, so these extended relations you speak of will already be catered for!

U delusional, the same money dat will be embezzled. U better wake up from ur slumber

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2020
banhammy:

It only affects civil servants. They are just 100, 000 out of over 10 million people in Kaduna.
According to Muyiwa, they will use the money to care for the rest citizen
Muyiwa is confused. That decision should not stand because it is senseless
Muyiwa and his boss don ffuck up this time.
The decision that includes public servants salary is senseless.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by bayelsaowei(m): 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
ikaboy:
Most of the comments are coming from students, employees and their likes. If you are a leader or an employer, you will applaud the governor. For us in yhe private sector, am paying my staff 50% of the the usual.

Money is not coming in, and at least they save some from transportation and other expenses they would have incurred.
where are all the taxes citizens have been paying? The government collects taxes from us and do nothing with it.. there's a pandemic and same citizens have to pay for it...

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 27, 2020
O fi owo Abu s'Abu la'lejo.

grin cheesy
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

Brotherly...so a few weeks of 25% deduction is what will plunge a director into poverty? Is Covid-19 here forever? Whose fault is it that the director has debts??

1. If you want to make a comparison between the US and Nigeria, here it is: the US GDP is 50 times Nigeria's own.

Now tell me, if the government provides 20 usd worth of palliatives (take note of the spelling please), won't you also be here to complain?? after all, according to you, prices have increased by 60% so what can 7k naira buy?
If you don't have anything sensible to say just keep quiet and ffuck off?

Which one is a few weeks of 25 percent deduction ?
Didn't you read the report that the illegal deductions of public servants salary would continue until the end of the pandemic.
The topic and the first paragraph is below
Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Islie: 8:37am
Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai on Sunday announced that the state public servants earning, at least, N67, 000 will have 25 per cent of their salaries ‘donated’ to the state’s purse until the end of the quarantine period.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by adanny01(m): 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

50 times ehnn!

$1000/50=20

20*365= 7300

That means Nigeria can afford to give all Nigerians N7300.

I am here complaining that the Nigeria didn't give N7300 to all but a state took away 20,000 from my wife's cousin just 2mins ago. My wifes cousin was already crying because she had enter into a thrift contribution that she gives 25k monthly. The problem here is that out of her 82k salary, 45k is not available, what is available is 37k. With her husband's business shut down, they have only 37k to feed for an entire month down from the 60k she used to feed the family with. This family is going to starve because the governor is insensitive too what happens to them.

They used to buy 3 measures of sugar at 500 which is now 800. Instead of spending 1500 on sugar she will spend 2400. Almost 1000 up from last month. If every other thing is up by same rate, the value of 37k is about 15k. That means she needs like 45k to feed this month.

Their family is either going to starve or drop their standard of living for this month to even below the poverty level. She is on level 13 and a senior civil servant but is well below poverty line from now on. This was not her own doing, it is the state governor's doing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2020
adanny01:

50 times ehnn!

$1000/50=20

20*365= 7300

I am here complaining that the Nigeria didn't give N7300 to all but a state took away 20,000 from my wife's cousin just 2mins ago. My wifes cousin was already crying because she had enter into a thrift contribution that she gives 25k monthly. The problem here is that out of her 82k salary, 45k is not available, what is available is 37k. With her husband's business shut down, they have only 37k to feed for an entire month down from the 60k she used to feed the family with. This family is going to starve because the governor is insensitive too what happens to them.

They used to buy 3 measures of sugar at 500 which is now 800. Instead of spending 1500 on sugar she will spend 2400. Almost 1000 up from last month. If every other thing is up by same rate, the value of 37k is about 15k. That means she needs like 45k to feed this month.

Their family is either going to starve or drop their standard of living for this month to even below the poverty level. She is on level 13 and a senior civil servant but is well below poverty line from now on. This was not her own doing, it is the state governor's doing.

Don't mind the yeye boy.
His comments are ridiculous and illogical.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by saintruky(m): 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2020
Olumyyde:

One n a half years.
Left in 2015.

Wow nice... Guess it was all good then compared to now... I believe u liked it there
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by SmartyPants(m): 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2020
adanny01:

50 times ehnn!

$1000/50=20

20*365= 7300

Guy, they will not starve. They will drop their standard of living for a few months. If you 7, 300 is okay for some other families, why should your cousin and her husband starve on 37k?? Is that not still above minimum wage? And is it the government that asked her to do thrift contribution? These are basic austerity measures that will surely pass. She can bear, and she should bear.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by SmartyPants(m): 1:32pm On Apr 27, 2020
Love4God:

If you don't have anything sensible to say just keep quiet and ffuck off?

Which one is a few weeks of 25 percent deduction ?
Didn't you read the report that the illegal deductions of public servants salary would continue until the end of the pandemic.
The topic and the first paragraph is below
Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Islie: 8:37am
Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai on Sunday announced that the state public servants earning, at least, N67, 000 will have 25 per cent of their salaries ‘donated’ to the state’s purse until the end of the quarantine period.

Check your user name and the language used in your post. That is all I have to say to you.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by adanny01(m): 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2020
LordAdam:

You have to realize no one will dispute what you've said.

The point is to make provisions. No society is immune from fraud. In the US, Social Security costs 1 trillion annually. Still, fraud and errors cost billions. That's essentially the pinnacle of modern civilization.

So if you're saying we shouldn't do anything because ignoble elements will exploit it, we might as well close shop, sell the country and let every one go home with his/her share. We can raise the issue of poor disbursement and have the churches, mosques, and CSOs handle the process. Besides, if the poor cannot tackle their immediate representatives, that's their own prerogative. We'd not do everything for them.

But something should be done, rather than just tell them to shutter in place, then tell them we'd do nothing because it wouldn't get to them. That's insincere and asinine.

As for the civil servant who has responsibilities. So do the poor who've been asked not to work for everyone's safety. Sympathy should apply to everyone.

-Lord

It is said, "cut your coat according to your size". What the state government is doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If they don't have it, why should they rob Peter to pay Paul. Meanwhile, what they are doing is bringing down Peter to the same level as Paul instead of bringing up Paul to same level as Peter.

Paul with his normal salary can afford to ride the storm when Paul is sinking due to the storm. The state is saying, if Paul should sink, Peter must sink too.

I am not saying the palliatives (spelling noted) should stop, I am saying cash and services will be easier to get to the poor than food items that these poor people are not used to. If i need shoes and you are willing to assist, you need to make sure of the size else your assistance could be in vain. Will you even buy shoes for a hungry and starving man?
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Olumyyde(m): 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2020
saintruky:

Wow nice... Guess it was all good then compared to now... I believe u liked it there
Was a CSO, work load was crazy, but I enjoyed it there tho. How's it now?
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by adanny01(m): 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

Guy, they will not starve. They will drop their standard of living for a few months. If you 7, 300 is okay for some other families, why should your cousin and her husband starve on 37k?? Is that not still above minimum wage? And is it the government that asked her to do thrift contribution? These are basic austerity measures that will surely pass. She can bear, and she should bear.

I can take a horse to the river but cannot force it to drink.

May be you are no following me.

60k was their monthly feeding budget when things were normal. Now things are up by 60%.

60+(60*0.6)=96k

That 60k in the market is now 96k but she has 37k. What she needs is more than her entire salary but govt thought, oh she has surplus when they are wrong. Inflation has gone up but the statistics have not picked it up since offices are under lockdown. Get it?

She needs 59k more
to keep the same standard of living. If they used to eat 3 times a day, now they can afford 1 time a day.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Kinematics: 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
Now it's by force to donate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

Check your user name and the language used in your post. That is all I have to say to you.
ffuck off is an idiom it simply means,read below or google it .
Ffuck off
verb
(idiomatic) To go to hell, to disappear, go away or to screw oneself.
I wish you'd just ffuck off.
Now that you have seen what it means if you don't have anything sensible and logical to say just ffuck off.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by SmartyPants(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2020
adanny01:

I can take a horse to the river but cannot force it to drink.

You can soliloquize without mentioning me.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by overseasnbeyond: 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2020
Islie:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/kaduna-cuts-public-servants-salary-by-25-to-fund-support-packages/
The governor should be sued, what concerns public servant with the virus?. One of the wickedness from Africa

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Mimi572(m): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2020
Holy spirit take over the world, there will be no more sorrow, no more death.
Is this not what we nigeria pleage to this country..

I pleage to nigeria my country, to be faithfull loyal, and honest to serve nigeria with all my strenth,to defend our uninty and uphold the honour and glory so help me GOD. SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE WORLD.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Kinematics: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2020
Other governments in the world are now giving back to their citizens. In Nigeria the government is taking from its citizens...

Giant my ass

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by adanny01(m): 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

7.3k is not okay, it will alleviate the problems especially the rise in food prices.

A 20k deduction is enough to make half the civil service workforce poor (by standards).

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
Mimi572:
Holy spirit take over the world, there will be no more sorrow, no more death.
Is this not what we nigeria pleage to this country..

I pleage to nigeria my country, to be faithfull loyal, and honest to serve nigeria with all my strenth,to defend our uninty and uphold the honour and glory so help me GOD. SO MUCH TROUBLE IN THE WORLD.
After serving kaduna state which is part of Nigeria with faithfulness, loyalty and honesty they decided to illegally deduct public or civil servants salary.
It is very mean of El ruffai to take such illogical decision.
Even the Holy Bible says that "A WORKMAN IS WORTHY OF HIS WAGES".
Some of the public servants are very much older than him .He can't compulsorily tell them where to give charity to. Not to even go as far as compulsorily making illegal deductions from salaries of workers,only Satan's Incarnate would do that .
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2020
mrvitalis:

Desperate times calls for desperate measures ....it's not permanent cut it has been done everywhere

Where has it been done? Please, name it.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by mrvitalis(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
Meninmen:

Where has it been done? Please, name it.
Have u not heard about governor's paying half salary in Nigeria before ?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
If am right 25% of #67,000 equals 16,750.
That left with #50,250.

I just hope they utilize this money effectively.
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2020
mrvitalis:

Have u not heard about governor's paying half salary in Nigeria before ?

The governors told you that they are collecting involuntary donations from civil servants for Corona virus?

We are talking about COVID-19 here. Which governor has paid half salaries to Workers because they want money to fight corona virus
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Joefat: 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2020
I think youth eyes should be more opened now that, all this FG and state government works port nothing but slavery.. So my advice for the so call youth. Try to learn as trade or be orienteded in business..
Re: Kaduna Cuts Public Servants Salary By 25% To Fund Support Packages by Joefat: 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2020
I think youths eyes should be more opened now that, all this FG and state government works is nothing but slavery.. So my advice for the so call youths. Try to learn a trade or be a business oriented..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Wins In North Online Poll (Photo) / Tinubu: Peter Obi Denied Jesus Christ Three Times In The Bible (Video) / School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.