Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,824 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

So What If She Has A Car? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So What If She Has A Car? (1709 Views)

He propose with a car after my Refusal To Accept A Friend Car Gift[Photo] / Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride / Birthday Delimma: She Bought Me A Car On My Birtday, How Do I Return It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So What If She Has A Car? by alisigwe(m): 2:37pm On Jan 11, 2011
@icce,u r getting on ma nerves,i feel like slapping you!
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by iice(f): 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2011
Does that even work on your fellow sandbox partners? undecided
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Canisma(m): 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2011
@iice. Baby read this carefully and get enlightened. It is in human nature not to feel that we owe someone a special respect if we feel that there is nothing material that we can get/need from him or her. So the same feeling goes on in independent ladies. The inevitable ripples of marriage makes them to realise that the only thing they need from thier spouse is just luv and maybe companionship. And when it aint coming, they damn everything, including the weak loyalty they ve been showing. Therefore, the more independent a lady is, the less her level of loyalty. Thank you. Im a graduate of philosophy anyway,
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by iice(f): 3:54am On Jan 12, 2011
Chile. . .is that philosophical? grin
What's the difference between respect and special respect?

Canisma:

It is in human nature not to feel that we owe someone a special respect if we feel that there is nothing material that we can get/need from him or her. So the same feeling goes on in independent ladies.
If we feel there is nothing we can get from him or her with regards to human nature, what makes it a special case in independent ladies since primarily it is human nature.  Or are independent ladies are a sub species of the human species? Please provide scientific proof to verify their sub-speciesness.

Canisma:

The inevitable ripples of marriage makes them to realise that the only thing they need from thier spouse is just luv and maybe companionship. And when it aint coming, they damn everything, including the weak loyalty they ve been showing. Therefore, the more independent a lady is, the less her level of loyalty. Thank you. Im a graduate of philosophy anyway,   

If their loyalty was weak from the beginning, it's common sense to know that weak loyalty will remains so.  Or did you think a man's money will make any difference?  Going by your post, i can assume you understand that loyalty is a characteristic of a person and not a situation/circumstance/pedigree.  Again, what does loyalty have to do with independence?   
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Canisma(m): 6:59am On Jan 12, 2011
If u know what philosophy means, then every issue here on NL is purely philosophical. Again respect is the regard u give to just people around you while in special respect, it involves people that mean even more to you, maybe because of what u expect to gain from them or whom and what they are to you.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Canisma(m): 7:27am On Jan 12, 2011
Philosophically, scientific proofs are just weak cos they proceed from inductive reasoning -iice is tall. Tall ladies are ugly. Therefore, iice is ugly. This is how scientists come up with thier findings. So pls dont ask me for scientific proofs. @ ur question, independent ladies are not a special case per se, rather im just writing with regards to the thread's topic. In order to make one loyal to you, you must, i repeat, MUST make that person somewhat dependent on you. Even God knows this, thats why we dont have every thing we need, hence we need Him everyday. Excessive women empowerment in America is the root cause of the high rate of divorce over there. Finally, if a woman is not somewhat dependent on a man materially, the man would simply not feel like a Man, either in a relationship or in marriage.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by MrsEve2(f): 7:30am On Jan 12, 2011
Da hell? What is this shit?
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by iice(f): 9:59am On Jan 12, 2011
Canisma:

If u know what philosophy means, then every issue here on NL is purely philosophical. Again respect is the regard u give to just people around you while in special respect, it involves people that mean even more to you, maybe because of what u expect to gain from them or whom and what they are to you.

So do you respect your parents for what you get from them and 'what' they are to you?

Canisma:

Philosophically, scientific proofs are just weak cos they proceed from inductive reasoning -iice is tall. Tall ladies are ugly. Therefore, iice is ugly. This is how scientists come up with thier findings. So pls dont ask me for scientific proofs. @ your question, independent ladies are not a special case per se, rather im just writing with regards to the thread's topic. In order to make one loyal to you, you must, i repeat, MUST make that person somewhat dependent on you. Even God knows this, thats why we dont have every thing we need, hence we need Him everyday. Excessive women empowerment in America is the root cause of the high rate of divorce over there. Finally, if a woman is not somewhat dependent on a man materially, the man would simply not feel like a Man, either in a relationship or in marriage.   

It would seem weak to you being 'philosophical'.  But we can't rely purely on philosophy because they are subject to man's emotions and reactions (very unreliable set of species). Again so you are only loyal to your parents because of your dependency on them?  And the atheist and other religions? Do they depend on God everyday? Is it because you don't feel like a man when a woman doesn't depend on you for material things, you assume other men feel less of who they are?  You are projecting but then again with the human element. . it obscures what is simple.  If a person has no loyalty, regardless of the situation, he/she will not show loyalty.  Just as if it's in the character of a person to remain loyal, regardless of the situation, he/she will remain loyal. 
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Canisma(m): 11:03am On Jan 12, 2011
Good friend, if ur mum or dad never played the role of a mum or a dad, would u have been loyal to them ? Im sorry to say this but ur views are unrealistic. I know i must be sounding nasty to some readers that will share views. But, what is the use being a philosopher if i dont provoke minds to REASON.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by iice(f): 11:22am On Jan 12, 2011
Personally no i wouldn't be loyal to them. I am not loyal to anyone unless i feel he/she is worthy of my loyalty. Not based on what i can get from them but because i choose to give them that loyalty and who they are. In the end, whether i have money or not, the man will only get my respect and loyalty because i choose to it to him. I may seem unrealistic because i do not believe everyone person is the same. Granted, many people share same traits but whilst i'm cynical about human beings, i'm optimistic that there is always an odd one out of the group. On that premise, some people do have loyalty for their parents even if they never acted like parents to their kids. The point is, it's the character of the person is what matters.

Don't apologize. And yes, it's nice to have the discussion. . .
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by babyme1(f): 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2011
Men are highly intimidated by successful women,especially here in Naija. Being successful and living an expensive life as a single girl has robbed many girls of potential suitors. I know it's not suppose to be so in this time and age,but sadly,that is what is obtainable in our society probably bc of the economic system and cultures.

I have an aunty who is 35 this yr and still single. She started living on her own in the GRA and cruising about town in an expensive car when she was 29. She can tell you anyday that so many guys that would have love to marry her got scared bc of her way of life. BTW she lives a very expensive life bc i've stayed with her a couple of time.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by 677ano(m): 4:07am On Jan 14, 2011
Why would a man be intimidated by an independent woman? I personally prefer an independent woman who can take care of her needs and is confident
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by bayleaf(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2011
the typical nigerian is intimidated by everything and tends to show it by trying to be "macho", whatever that means in the first place. i would prefer an independent woman who can take care of herself, than one who depends solely on her man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Too Deep! / Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? / O.ral S.ex Linked To Cancer Of The Mouth In Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.