Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride (12830 Views)

The Baiday Gift My Gf Buy Me (pics Inside, Veiwa Description) / When Your Fiance Says "Get Pregnant Or Forget About Wedding" / She Haven't Went To School ,should I Continue With Our Love Or Forget About Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by aare07(m): 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2012
Kaduna —A 40-year-old-man, Mohammed Abubakar of Hayin Rigasa, Thursday, brought his bride-to-be, Umulkair Ja’afar, before a Shari’a Court in Magajin Gari, Kaduna, for alleged assault and intimidation.

He told the court that arrangement for the wedding had gone far, when Umulkair told him that he must buy her a car before the ceremony could hold.

He said: “We have started making arrangement of getting married, but she requested that I must buy a car for her before she will marry me.

“I told her that I don’t have the money because I just bought my new car.” Abubakar further told the court that his inability to buy a
car for Umulkair ended the wedding arrangement.

He told the court: “After this development, the woman started sending insulting and intimidating text messages to me.”

He said he had witnesses, who would testify on the issue. “I have shown them the messages she has been sending to me. I want to bring them before the court to testify,” he added.

The Presiding Officer, Ibrahim Inuwa, adjourned the case to October 18, for the continuation of hearing.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/buy-me-a-car-or-forget-wedding-says-bride/
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by arewabee52(f): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
ahuzubilahi,kai wt a marriage.is the car gonna be her husband or what? is it the car that wuld continue to provide for the family aftr wedding? smhhhh
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Walexz02(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2012
^
Abeg help me ask them again!
I wonder hw some of ds hausa pple tink

1 Like

Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by GboyegaD(m): 10:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
In the few Nikkais I have attended, they usually say the bride has a right to ask a special gift from the husband which must be fulfilled before they get married. Therefore in this case, I do not htink the lady has done anything wrong if I understand what they usually say.

1 Like

Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
My question is: why take her to court? Do you want the court to force her to marry you? Or to shut her up from mentioning 'no car,no marriage'?am jst puzzled!

11 Likes

Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Mynd44: 11:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
GboyegaD: In the few Nikkais I have attended, they usually say the bride has a right to ask a special gift from the husband which must be fulfilled before they get married. Therefore in this case, I do not htink the lady has done anything wrong if I understand what they usually say.
That's the point. She has a right to ask. Its not like she is some kind of witch here.
The culture stipulates that germ demand must be met before the wedding date else, it can't hold so why is the man running about?
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Afam4eva(m): 10:47am On Oct 12, 2012
The wife-to-be actually thought this man was God-fearing...It's obvious he's not because God-fering men buy cars for their wives grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 12, 2012
A typical nigerian lady.
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Areaboy2(m): 10:48am On Oct 12, 2012
binger: My question is: why take her to court? Do you want the court to force her to marry you? Or to shut her up from mentioning 'no car,no marriage'?am jst puzzled!

probably the latter
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by methodman(m): 10:50am On Oct 12, 2012
afam4eva: The wife-to-be actually thought this man was God-fearing...It's obvious he's not because God-fering men buy cars for their wives grin grin grin
....I know where you are going to bro...You too funny abeg dont let them tackle you oooo.
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by lonamy: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2012
This is to tell you that she is not your wife. "The eyes that will be with you till your old age, will not start dropping water while you are still young".
@P, open your eyes and see well, the moment she gets the car she will demand for another thing and if you can't meet up she goes for who can provide.

But are you sure of this post. Hausa/Fulani are not like this. Or is it that Boko Haram are justified of their fight? It is like the wind of western education has erroded the mental values of northern ladies. This is strange of the Hausa/Fulani that I know or am I not in Nigeria again?
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2012
Love of money by women. Dem don dey go court wen dey neva marry. What of when they get married

If the culture says you must meet a particular request for her, why doesnt she request for an (aeroplane) the type, MTN wants to give to a lucky winner

If a woman works to deplete her husband's pocket instead of building it, she is a bad woman.
The basic things a woman should ask for is good accomodation and sufficient resources to keep the couple after marriage. I dont give a damn if you reject my proposal for ignoring your silly requests. If you want my money, lets get married first.

Am not talking to you oooo...... grin

1 Like

Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 12, 2012
[size=3pt]even tho they don't admit it.... Dats d mentality of most naija ladies [/size]
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by nikkyshyne(f): 10:59am On Oct 12, 2012
binger: My question is: why take her to court? Do you want the court to force her to marry you? Or to shut her up from mentioning 'no car,no marriage'?am jst puzzled!
To sue for damages and being a nuisance. Wasted years, money and emotions.

1 Like

Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 12, 2012
Imanuelle: A typical nigerian lady.

My dear, these people can convert an ATM into a dustbin in minutes.
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by relaxbeauty: 11:01am On Oct 12, 2012
That woman must be very greedy. It shows that she must've had other ulterior motives. Why would a car be a prerequisite to marriage? Are you marrying the man or the car? It's not difficult to imagine what it would've looked like if they had married!
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Super1759: 11:01am On Oct 12, 2012
This case is still open. The man just told us what the woman said. Am sure she has a reason for her request. Am not taking side now. No one should nail the woman till she presents her case.
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by papagiddy(m): 11:03am On Oct 12, 2012
i smell islam here!
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 12, 2012
Now, that woman is in some really serious shit.

Islam-a-bad to women.
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by CzarChris(m): 11:08am On Oct 12, 2012
afam4eva: The wife-to-be actually thought this man was God-fearing...It's obvious he's not because God-fering men buy cars for their wives grin grin grin
grin Dude you no well at all. My ribs done crack finish for God-fearing.
@post,
WTF nig.ga WTF

This groom is too f....ing slow, she askd for a car, did she mention a make? The last tym i checked, a vw beetle cost btw 10k to 20k abi beetles no bi car? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by oloyedejamiu: 11:08am On Oct 12, 2012
This is so funny...
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by ifeegee(f): 11:09am On Oct 12, 2012
He went to seek for restraining order.
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by freecocoa(f): 11:12am On Oct 12, 2012
If truly the woman is allowed to request for a special gift before the wedding, why is the man complaining? And how will a court solve the problem at hand? Hian o.
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by dammytosh: 11:14am On Oct 12, 2012
Foolish people.

I wonder what Lord Lugard drank before considering amalgamation with this people. angry

3 Likes

Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by ghetomum: 11:14am On Oct 12, 2012
FORGET HER
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Kslib(m): 11:24am On Oct 12, 2012
I hope the car this "aboki girl" wants was made in kaduna,and not the west [us/europe etc... Cos the last time i checked,war on western education is still going on by her "aboki brothers"....

1 Like

Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Asabaman(m): 11:24am On Oct 12, 2012
Czar-Chris:

@post,
WTF nig.ga WTF

This groom is too f....ing slow, she askd for a car, did she mention a make? The last tym i checked, a vw beetle cost btw 10k to 20k abi beetles no bi car? undecided
"WORD" Gbam !!!
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by free2ryhme: 11:25am On Oct 12, 2012
aboki babes don dey wish up nah ... she no wan waka go mosque, market and so on ... grin the guy must buy the car ooo or ....
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by etunoman76(m): 11:36am On Oct 12, 2012
The bride has every right to ask for something special, then if I were in her shoes I'd ask that the groom bought over Dangote group of coys, Abi no be gift.
Either she noticed that the man was stingy and she wouldn't get something like a car from him after the wedding or she's merely being selfish/self-centered. Giving the condition of no-car-no-wedding is rather harsh. After wedding, it could be no-hummer4-no-bedmatics, then no-Lamborghini-no-babies

The man must have gone to court for a restraining order, for according to him, she was already sending insulting and intimidating texts, he probably didn't want it to get to threatening ones.

2 Likes

Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by tomzman: 11:42am On Oct 12, 2012
Czar-Chris:

LMFAO.Guy, you wan kill me with laughter. grin grin grin
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by Mynd44: 11:47am On Oct 12, 2012
freecocoa: If truly the woman is allowed to request for a special gift before the wedding, why is the man complaining? And how will a court solve the problem at hand? Hian o.
I wonder oo
Re: Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride by kemoolala: 11:55am On Oct 12, 2012
i laugh so tay i shit for body grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Craziest Place You've Had Sex / Nairaland Get Together Party 5.0 / Selfie Challenge(edit And Post Your Selfie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.