Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May (87354 Views)

How Uzodinma Jumped From 4th To 1st Place Via Supreme Court (Throwback) / Only Buhari Can Determine Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, FCT – FG / Bayo Adelabu Campaign Parade Cars Caused A Lockdown In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by andrewtosin(m): 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2020
MansoryMX:

It’s a huge risk being taken by the president because they don’t want to spend money in taking care of the needs for citizens of this great nation. If government had made adequate provisions for people in the lockdown and not being biased, Nigerians won’t mind sitting at home for 3 months. I feel for the people of this nation because this virus is just getting started with us.
exactly, they didn't maximize the four weeks lock down to carry out an aggressive testing... We are still a little bit above 10,000 when Ghana with a highly lesser population has carried out more than 60,000 testing... This is still hazardous if you ask me
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by NotNairalandi(m): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
Rapmoney:

You can hang yourself!
you don't need to be angry sir.even though you are frustrated, you don't need to show it here
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by andrewtosin(m): 10:51pm On Apr 27, 2020
Gregorian2020:
I think this old man called Buhari doesn't know what he is doing. He doesn't understand what people are going through. Just because he and his family are having their three square meal a day, he thinks others are doing the same. He is a confuse man. What is the need of lifting a lockdown ban on the fourth of may? Why not now?
Audio president
bros... Now? E be like say you no dey fear corona
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by NotNairalandi(m): 10:51pm On Apr 27, 2020
Advancedman:

If you cannot send me 60k thunder fire you there.
grin grin grin grin send me your account.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by youngRx(m): 10:57pm On Apr 27, 2020
[quote author=shilefan2 post=88929288][/quote] bless you brother!!! grin
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by andrewtosin(m): 10:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
undecided
VaselineCrew:
Why is a curfew needed?

Very stupid idea
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by andrewtosin(m): 11:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
ufondunenye:
How come the president didnt make any mention of churches?
I was eagerly waiting For him to say something partaiing to opening of churches, but he didnt.
Hmm!! Let's wait till 4th May nah.

I'm saying this because I know of some mosque in my areas that are still operating up till now oo. angry angry
long time dear
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Sufisunni: 11:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
andrewtosin:
"advised"
Unfortunately, you don't even the function of "", if you had known, you wouldn't have said "advised". Even a child knows past tense of "advise" is "advised"
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by suremanpatriot: 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
Thiz man has realized his being played by his socalled advisers for their selfish gains of N500,000 per day per person he put to run covid ops.
THE MYSTERIOUS TRUTH IS THAT Covid is no death sentence in Africa with God's mercy on Africa as a highly religious God loving continent that depends on God with zero health care system.
Join hands to stop spreading Fear and hysteria;

Even if covid cases rise to millions in Africa is for nothing,but just few deaths arising from malnutrition and old age before reaching treatment centres.

Lets go and check the 40covid deaths in nigeria compared to 54000 covid deaths in America,God makes the diffrence. So spread the Goodnews today to fend off covid plague,not fear
#PRAYAWAYTHISPLAGUECOVID19 shocked

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Iamgrey5(m): 11:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
MansoryMX:

Would you prefer corpses littering every State? You have no idea what’s coming, because if you do, you won’t be saying all this. If Nigeria isn’t a country ruined to the ground by corruption, we could all be at home for 3 months and feel like Kings and queen with adequate provisions and stable electricity but that’s just a fantasy.
Bro keep crying

You would see dead people around you if you so wish

So you think people are stupid enough to put themselves danger.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Avalancheman: 11:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
We won!

Whoever is not happy with the easing of restrictions is free to remain at home

Coronavirus is not for Africa!!
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by K4daniel: 11:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
Please i did not get any clarity from this speech.
How could they release this broadcast before the preside t speech was concluded.

So many things are not well cordinated.

Are finacial and non financial offices will open?

Only selected offices, pls which are selected.

Conclusion: our dear president needs young professionals that will help collate and perfect his speech for better clarity to Nigerians.

Btw: before we resume where is the donation for covid 19? When are they going to share lol.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by OlakunmiSMELTD: 11:15pm On Apr 27, 2020
Welcome to the month of coronavirus
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Chirowman(m): 11:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
well half bread is better than none . time to kick off business
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by ashadesamson: 11:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Person wey dey shame na hunger go finish that person ooo I dey humble and loyal to you all, hunger don teach me mathematics where I dey on missionary, nothing is too small brothers and sisters, I pray for you today covid will not have effect on you even if you eat it in Jesus name Amen. Acct: 1803002441. Eco bank.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Avalancheman: 11:27pm On Apr 27, 2020
Acidosis:

He didn't mention any actually. However, I'm certain the one week extension is a ploy to "buy more time".

Who needs another week to lift a two weeks lockdown?? Lol. If daily new cases in Lagos rise to 100-200 for the rest of the week, the lockdown will remain the same till end of...Ramadan probably grin

He has ku ku said only selected businesses will resume on Monday. Las las, Buhari will select, Hospitals, Chemist, Pharmacies and Food...so promised fulfilled cheesy cheesy cheesy

I must confess, whoever advised Buhari on this is super intelligent. They've successfully calm our nerves without lifting the lockdown. grin

Come on, I expect you to be smarter than this.

The president has lifted the lockdown effective May 4.

Why? So that he will appear to be fair to all sides - those for and against.

He won't be addressing the nation again anytime soon. On Monday, everybody will wake up and go to work as usual.

Even now, people have been defying the lockdown. How much more when the end is imminent

Kano lockdown will end automatically.

Be sure that NCDC will no longer be motivated to inflate figures and deaths.

Nigeria has to move on. Coronavirus has enjoyed enough attention. It's time for it become like all other diseases.

Got it

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by byteem: 11:40pm On Apr 27, 2020
Modikko:
His address actually carried 2nd May and not 4th May.

The leaked address said may 2nd but the actual speech said may4th..
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by chinochizzy: 11:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
Wow congrats Lagosians, this is the right time to invest in this heavily profitable business, order your quality and affordable hands sanitizers any quantity resell and make huge profit as lagos lockdown is about to be relaxed.
200ML #9,000 per carton
120ML #10,000 by 2doz
300ML #9,500, you csn resell for #16,000 - #20,000 per carton

Call or Whatsapp us on 08034323442
Location ; Lagos state

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by OnyesomJ(m): 11:52pm On Apr 27, 2020
#BUHARI : Lemme just add 1 wk before i will give full attention
undecided undecided
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Modikko(m): 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2020
Ok noted. Thanks for the info
byteem:

The leaked address said may 2nd but the actual speech said may4th..
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by MansoryMX(m): 12:15am On Apr 28, 2020
andrewtosin:
exactly, they didn't maximize the four weeks lock down to carry out an aggressive testing... We are still a little bit above 10,000 when Ghana with a highly lesser population has carried out more than 60,000 testing... This is still hazardous if you ask me

I am glad you and I are on same page. If there is one thing about Nigeria that scares me is our forgetfulness. Govt is saying face mask is a must, after one two weeks Nigerians will forget and dump face mask. Mark my words
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by MansoryMX(m): 12:16am On Apr 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Bro keep crying

You would see dead people around you if you so wish

So you think people are stupid enough to put themselves danger.

People are not stupid but you and I know Nigerians have one major problem “forgetfulness” you think people will still wear face mask after one or two weeks. We are gambling with our lives, all of us.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by murmee: 12:46am On Apr 28, 2020
RaptObserver:
Why wait till Monday? Why not tomorrow? He wanted to extend it by a week so that it will not appear like the governors are deciding for him. But does it matter? He didn't address the fact that security agents on the highways are collecting bribes and aiding people who re violating the transborder lockdown. If he doesn't call them out nothing will change.
The President did not want to demoralise or offend the NCDC people who badly wanted the lockdown extension for as long as possible. At the same time, he needed to please the Governors who wanted a relaxed lockdown and an Inter-State travel ban immediately.

So the President took a middle ground to please both parties. Whether or not the President knew that the NCDC wanted the indefinite extension for selfish reasons is left to conjecture!

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by murmee: 12:54am On Apr 28, 2020
Apologize:
Lifting lockdowns.when covid is just fresh out the box in Nigeria. Well if you die you die. Nothing special
That means you are believing those 419 figures being released by NCDC!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by murmee: 12:57am On Apr 28, 2020
ndubuisi1213:

It means that every one can now go to work starting from next week Monday
But don't forget there's a curfew from 8pm to 6am every day. So you will need to get home not later than 8pm!
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by murmee: 1:07am On Apr 28, 2020
SocialJustice:
It's not really a full lift as non essential businesses and religious centres will remain closed. In essence lock down continues, let's listen to what Okowa says tomorrow.
Non essential business will open. That is the essence of the relaxation. Religious centers will not operate for now!
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by femmy2010(m): 1:11am On Apr 28, 2020
Since many has been singing the famous "Hunger in the land" song.
Baba has asked them to go out and test their immunity against the dreaded Covid19.
May God heal the world.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by murmee: 1:14am On Apr 28, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
all this na format just to make some of us feel somehow excited that this lockdown is for just a week.

NCDC will. continue updating more cases and this will make the FG to extend the lockdown further after serving this 1-week lockdown.

inside life.
NCDC plans have failed. The State Governors will decide what is best for their states from the 4th of May.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by murmee: 1:21am On Apr 28, 2020
Farki:
How exactly will they be able to enforce a night curfew in Lagos where traffic can keep someone on the road until 9p.m?
9pm ke? Some people don't get home till 11pm or 12am. To worsen the matter, this is raining period!
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by efizzyone: 1:58am On Apr 28, 2020
This is really serious I pray may God help us in Nigeria also all over the world about this corona viruse holiday.
Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by wink2015(m): 2:25am On Apr 28, 2020
desmond2pk:
Buhari doesn't heave the power to lock down any state. This is insanity

You are correct Buhari does not have power to lockdown the state.

That is why Lagos lawyer Adegboruwa challenged him.

He can only do so based on the invitation of Lagos state government based on the approval of the national Assembly and Lagos state house of assembly.

Lagos state government including that of Ogun state and Abuja FCT never complained of being incapacitated with the task of curbing corona virus.

This same rule that apply to Lagos state equally apply to Abuja, FCT.

It is a bad precedent Buhari is creating which the Lagos state government must challenge to the supreme court.

Buhari has equally gone to impose restriction on Kano atate by lockdowning Kano state for another two weeks without seeking national assembly approval.

It is on records that Buhari who still have the garb of a Military dictators inside of him are happy with this kind of arrangement in which he display his ignorance, intellectual shallowness and mindless grab for power.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May by Topmaike007(m): 2:30am On Apr 28, 2020
DAVE5:

What if he has more than enough funds in his bank account as a result of saving plus investments that yielded more funds for saving and continuous investments

I'm not defending the lockdown, but not everybody is so broke that one month lockdown would affect them financially, lockdown definitely affected me financially plus I've lost at least 1m cos of lockdown which can't be gotten back except God triple my future income

I probably have less than 5k spendable money so if the lockdown isn't lifted, I'm in deep shit
lolz

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photo Of Aisha Buhari At The APC Presidential Primaries / BayelsaDecides: INEC About To Announce The Official Result / Video Of Ex-Commissioner In Zamfara Having Sex Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.