Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! (865 Views)

Woman Surprised With New Car On Christmas Day By Family. See Her Epic Reaction / Shalom Shoremi: Lesbian Disowned By Family On Newspaper For Same Sex Marriage / Akwa Ibom Girl Abandoned By Family And Left To Die, Rescued (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by darhray(m): 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
There was a time i was stranded and need money to boost my business back up, It was then i realise when you go broke, nobody will want to associate with you and you have to fight for yourself, called countless times for a little amount from like 5 siblings and all gave story, but this people have more than enough which i know, was so amazed, but thank God i rugged through it and bounced back, still love them regardless but have learnt to be a man and face my life alone, noone loves you.

Share your experience...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by godkiller(m): 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
I don't wish to remember it again.

We are training youths on solar panel production and installation.

If you want to learn or volunteer to teach please drop your number, location and are of interest.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by Boomboost(m): 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
Peeps inside trade...

...in actor's voice, 'family is everythin'. wink
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2020
We so much depend on people for help. Thats why we beg endlessly and see nothing wrong with it.

If people around u help you, good o but they owe you no obligation to help at all. The only person who owe you obligations to a certain level is your parent and then u.

The day people start thinking with the mindset of coming alone in this world, the better for them.

Nobody owe u anything bro.
If they didn't help, move on. And no hating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by Denique(f): 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2020

Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by MrToothBrush: 3:27pm On Apr 28, 2020
sassysure:

If people around u help you, good o but they owe you no obligation to help at all
The day people start thinking with the mindset of coming alone in this world, the better for them.

Nobody owe u anything bro.
If they didn't help, move on. And no hating.
The sole purpose of existence is helping each other to grow and make the world a better place. No one has it all.

"Family's help" doesn't necessarily mean it has to be financial, some times it's security. Take for instance the case of Abraham saving his nephew, Lot, from captivity. Why didn't Abraham said, "I don't owe him anything?"

The reason why families fail today is because they refuse to stand by each other. I think western education has also had its negative impact on our social system. Unlike before when family members all sat outside at night to listen to different stories together(subconsciously building a sense of unity and a sense of belonging) , modern system is gradually wiping off that unification.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by sisisioge: 3:29pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hmmmm...how do you know they have more than enough? Well, I believe in sorting myself o if I can help it. Chicken too sweat, their feathers are the reason we dont know.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by ubcandid(m): 4:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
If 5 siblings turned you down, then YOU are the problem.

Do you know how they made and are making their money? Maybe when they were starting out and asked you to help them hawk some goods across your click or help stay in their shop, you felt too big.

When they have found their bearing, you now feel you are entitled to their pocket largesse.

NOOO...It doesn't work that way.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by Lamanii22(f): 4:52pm On Apr 28, 2020
No I have never been turned down by my family... They all love me.. I told someone about how my siblings loves me, he then told it is because I am good to them too... And it is true.
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by Garrieveryday: 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
That is like everyday situation.
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by Jentle244: 5:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
Never had such experience and I pray I will not.

Check this out
Is your WhatsApp boring? Kindly join JentKent TV to make your WhatsApp lively. They post memes funny vids and news update.

https:///2349072760877?text=Hello%20Jent%20I'm%20interested%20in%20seeing%20your%20status.I%20will%20save%20your%20number%20as
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by bestabigaelever(f): 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2020
When I lost my baby brothers 15days interval, my mum was in the hospital for like 3months, I didn't see my dad, mummy Abigael our neighbor was giving me food, I was so small, I didn't see prof, mum tofunmi, baba kekere, bro bukky, bro Lekan, bro Sunday, bro folunso, my grandma in Ile aridiogo..... I didn't see them
Although I was small, I wish I was the one that died in place of my brothers
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by FreeMejoor1(m): 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2020
Make i book space
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by piroux(f): 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
I was a student on break from the University of Ilorin that year. I boarded a cab at Post office to sawmill garage, I was going back home to Lagos. We got to Taiwo and the driver told me to get down with my baggage, they weren't going to Sawmill anymore. The cab was full, a man in front, one at the back and a woman beside me. I got down, muttered under my breath and finally found another cab to sawmill.

Got to Sawmill and I couldn't find my wallet. It contained all my money, about N6,000. I got down in front of the park and searched my things frantically, nothing. It was gone! To say I was devastated 8s saying it lightly. It's been years and I still remember that wallet.

I immediately picked my phone and called my dad in Lagos, crying like the little idiot I was. He said and I quote "Is that why you're crying? Don't disturb me! Call your mother!!" I remember that call like yesterday. I remember looking at all the faces surrounding me and feeling very, very alone.

I realised I was sitting on the floor then. Someone pulled me up and the cabman told me to forget the money and left. Another passenger offered to pay my fare to Lagos. I called my mom, she said to go back home that she'd send the money to me. So this same passenger gave me N500, I went back home, got the alert from my mom and then travelled the next day.

Somehow, while my dad paid most of my bills through school, what stands out for me was that day when my mom rescued me.

I don't know if it counts as a betrayal but it felt like one. Especially when he never asked about it when I got home.
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
piroux:
I was a student on break from the University of Ilorin that year. I boarded a cab at Post office to sawmill garage, I was going back home to Lagos. We got to Taiwo and the driver told me to get down with my baggage, they weren't going to Sawmill anymore. The cab was full, a man in front, one at the back and a woman beside me. I got down, muttered under my breath and finally found another cab to sawmill.

Got to Sawmill and I couldn't find my wallet. It contained all my money, about N6,000. I got down in front of the park and searched my things frantically, nothing. It was gone! To say I was devastated 8s saying it lightly. It's been years and I still remember that wallet.

I immediately picked my phone and called my dad in Lagos, crying like the little idiot I was. He said and I quote "Is that why you're crying? Don't disturb me! Call your mother!!" I remember that call like yesterday. I remember looking at all the faces surrounding me and feeling very, very alone.

I realised I was sitting on the floor then. Someone pulled me up and the cabman told me to forget the money and left. Another passenger offered to pay my fare to Lagos. I called my mom, she said to go back home that she'd send the money to me. So this same passenger gave me N500, I went back home, got the alert from my mom and then travelled the next day.

Somehow, while my dad paid most of my bills through school, what stands out for me was that day when my mom rescued me.

I don't know if it counts as a betrayal but it felt like one. Especially when he never asked about it when I got home.
That was too mean, and you should have told him you were crushed and disappointed by his action
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by darhray(m): 9:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
With your words, it seems we are family and will love to confirm, first my father name is ISHOLA , please reply if am getting good with u, all the names u mentioned looks familiar
bestabigaelever:
When I lost my lost my baby brothers 15days interval, my mum was in the hospital for like 3months, I didn't see my dad, mummy Abigael our neighbor was giving me food, I was so small, I didn't see prof, mum tofunmi, baba kekere, bro bukky, bro Lekan, bro Sunday, bro folunso, my grandma in Ile aridiogo..... I didn't see them
Although I was small, I wish I was the one that died in place of my brothers
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by bestabigaelever(f): 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
darhray:
With your words, it seems we are family and will love to confirm, first my father name is ISHOLA , please reply if am getting good with u, all the names u mentioned looks familiar
OH OH!
Please don't don't tell me you are bro Dare shocked
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by darhray(m): 3:56am On Apr 29, 2020
bestabigaelever:

OH OH!
Please don't don't tell me you are bro Dare shocked
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by moonberry: 4:01am On Apr 29, 2020
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by bestabigaelever(f): 9:35am On Apr 29, 2020
darhray:
message me 07059378066
Alright
Remove your number
Re: Ever Been Abandoned By Family When Needed The Most ? Share Your Experience!!! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
godkiller:
I don't wish to remember it again.

We are training youths on solar panel production and installation.

If you want to learn or volunteer to teach please drop your number, location and are of interest.

God bless Nigeria.

It's on my signature.

(1) (Reply)

UPDATE: Lost Young Girl Found In Abeokuta, Ogun State. / . / Are Today's Mothers Doing Enough To Protect The Female Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.