Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures (59603 Views)

My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). / Total Lockdown In Anambra State Today (Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by CasNova: 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2020
Good to know that there is compliance. This should be replicated in all other places affected.

Together, we will defeat the invinsible enemy called covid-19.
Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by Angelfrost(m): 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
how come it finer more than abia

Is there any place not finer than Abia??!

4 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by backinthedays: 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2020
looks quite neat

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by frozen70(f): 1:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
I wish this Corona virus will spread to Boko Haram hide outs and they will die one by one

2 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by Angelfrost(m): 1:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
Anambralstson:

Abia is far better than Maidugri in all ramifications

All ramifications??!... Maybe you don't know what that term means... grin

3 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by Reference(m): 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2020
This is the problem with Nigeria (ns). We like pretense and self deceit. Just as our government couldn't admit it didn't have the capacity to lock Nigeria down these folks posting all these false flags keep burying their heads in the sands.

I have not been to Maiduguri in a while but these will certainly not represent Nigerians living in Maiduguri. They should cut across locations where all strata of society lives if you are representing correct demographics.

You show me Central Area and Asokoro in Abuja and tell me FCT residents are in lockdown when the sattelite town which I have passed at least thrice a week on my way out of town since the curfew started have never seen anything called lockdown.

I have seen pictures from Portharcourt, Asaba, Uyo, Kaduna and manu more stet capitals showing me places where you wil not even see crowds in normal times, while the fact is that it is the slums, the ghettos, the sattelite towns, the innercity settlements that have caused the lockdown to fail and the Nigerian state to cave in to Covid 19.

Why is it that Nigerians simply donot understand their country from the dusty city streets to the Rock in Abuja. Oga, show us the real Maiduguri, the real places that matter in this pandemic. Don't print postcards for us. We are presently doing anti-tourism.

2 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by Nnazp: 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2020
pyyxxaro:
Shekau won’t like these piks

Why
Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by HeadShot: 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
dubai na desert too

You dont even know what deserted means...
You must be a Buhari supporter

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by Olatara(f): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
Anambralstson:

Most of the clothes you wear and footwears are products of Aba
You say what?
Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by Ayubaossy(m): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
I saw it for the first ���
Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by JayPeeOham: 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2020
Shettibosss:
Residennts of Maiduguri are fully complying with the lockdown order from the State government.

First picture be like death trap...mere looking at it, I felt sorry for those who are living around there shocked
Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by lexxi(m): 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2020
I really miss this town, unimaid etc. Even with Boko Haram the town is still peaceful. A lot of no nonsense soldiers, cheap food stuffs, fine kanuri- marghi-shuwa-babur-hausa Fulani gals. Some edifice or structures you wunt find in some state, trust me Borno- Maiduguri have them.

3 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by ibkonekt(m): 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2020
Anambralstson:

You are plan dumb, you need to visit Abia

you need to rewrite english in waec

3 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by MedicH: 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2020
I doubt if sambisa is on lockdown
Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by tunashg: 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
it's nothing special..Boko Haram has always put maiduguri in lockdown and curfew
Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by fmwise2k(m): 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
LegendHero:
Borno, the home of peace!

E no go better for Boko Haram for turning the state to a killing den.

I remember I read a book then sometimes in 2011 which the author claimed that Maiduguri got lot of beautiful houses and planning and used to be a residential abode for rich northerners.

Although I can’t verify that claim coz I’ve not been there before. But a view of Maiduguri from google earth reveals it’s still a nice city even with all it is passing through currently.
Not far from the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
Anambralstson:

I have studied your posts and modus of operandi and realized you are from Southwest pretending to be Fulani guy, 100% sure you are deomelo, I'm too smart for your games, I understand the games you guys now playing on social media towards 2023 politics, against Igbos, we will play the game according to western politics.
na today you know say Arrewa na Afonja......when next his attacking igboland direct ur guns to Afonja brown roof republic you will see how agitated he becomes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by scantee(m): 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
Arrewa:
have you been to Borno state before?? No you've not! I have been to Abia state! Apart from Assembling and packaging chines products tagging them Aba made!what other thing can you boast for in Abia state??

Abia is the most backward state in Nigeria!! There's no state in The east you'll compare Borno state with! Despite 11yrs of insurgency Borno is in every aspect better than Abia state

Bro in as much i know Borno has beautiful places so is Abia, but in all sincerelity Borno isn't better than Abia state, mind you I have practically worked in 36 states of the federation & Fct, and as well being in all the state government house

Borno is cool though except security problems, but in all i think bauchi is one of the (if not the best) North East state, but Adamawa night life is the best, but flies are fucking much there.

4 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by Dollabiz: 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
Aboki’s lockdown
Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by SWORD419(m): 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
Anambralstson:

See your poverty ravaging region
better than

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by Ykc2(m): 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2020
I wan relocate to Bornu the dubai of africa

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by managingpartner(f): 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2020
I served in that state 2005/2006, the place was very peaceful and beautiful .

The people were nice to strangers, the only but were the almajiris, they were too hostile to other females that doesn't dress like their female counterpart in the state.

It's a pity what Boko Haram had done in that state.

E no go better for Boko Haram for turning the state to a killing den.

I remember I read a book then sometimes in 2011 which the author claimed that Maiduguri got lot of beautiful houses and planning and used to be a residential abode for rich northerners.

Although I can’t verify that claim coz I’ve not been there before. But a view of Maiduguri from google earth reveals it’s still a nice city even with all it is passing through currently. [/quote]
Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by kasim155: 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
Arrewa:
Abia state is suffering from wicked leaders!!

Not only Abia state, most states in Nigeria are suffering from bad leadership

3 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by olumide4christ: 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
Anambralstson:

Here is Borno most backward state in Africa

Oga... you're showing IDP camps. You show us pictures of streets and neighborhoods of Maiduguri and other towns in Borno state with their names written under to prove your point. The man you are arguing with has started posting such pictures of Abia state, some of which we have seen before on social media.
I personally don't see the reason why you started this comparison fight. It is not just necessary. If you want to show the development of your state and the Eastern region, create threads that will show us that and not jump on some other person's threads to draw comparisons. Time is money and it is precious.

My 2 cents.

6 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
The north should give kudos to niger Delta.The show off wouldn't have been possible without their crude oil.

4 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by 8stargeneral: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
Maiduguri... Syria of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by SenatorInNigeria(m): 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
shocked shocked So people still dey that state shocked Arrewa
I've lived in Maiduguri since 2018, believe me when I tell you its state capital is finer than many northern states i've visited including Kebbi, Yobe, Jigawa, Bauchi, Nassarawa and even the glorified so called Katsina.
drops mic dramatically

6 Likes

Re: Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures by Kenturkey048(m): 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
Arrewa:
make una leave Abia alone

But Borno is a very nice state Sha! Especially Maiduguri city!
you dey carry Maiduguri compare Abia state....??

Why not compare Maiduguri with umuahia

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tanker Carrying Petrol Explodes With Driver Trapped inside In Ebonyi (Photos) / Car Splits Into Two After Accident In Delta, But Driver Walks Out Alive. Photos / 12 Beautiful Resorts In Nigeria Where You Can Enjoy Your Honeymoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.