Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says (3937 Views)

Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair / My Experience Schooling In Ukraine As An International Student / "Schooling In The UK Made Me Realise How Different Nigerian Lecturers Are" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by Lamasta(m): 11:52am On Apr 29, 2020
You can only know the damage it has done if you are opportune to travel to a developed country to study
Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by 2cul2care: 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2020
No lies here,we're operating an analog system in a digital world, its the same reason most of our graduates are unemployable, what they are being thought in school doesn't apply in the real world, thanks to private universities that are now the changing the ancient mode of education in NIGERIA
Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by imiski(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
oboy81:

Nairaland Look at One of them, he is damaged and doesn't even know it
how do you know stupid people? They attack people instead of issues.

1 Like

Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by WaleRock: 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2020
Linadinna:
A Girl has insinuated on her social media page that schooling in Nigeria does damage to the brain and stated ways to put the brain in order if you schooled in Nigeria.

She said that if you know you schooled in Nigeria, a lot of damage have been done to your brain and you should put your brain in order by re-educating yourself.

On ways on how to re-educate yourself, she said you should please try and be watching Ivy League Professors on youtube, read wide because you might most likely have comprehension, communication, and analysis problem.

See screenshot of her post below.

Source: https://www.updatemegist.com/2020/04/schooling-in-nigeria-does-damage-to.html?m=1

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 Ishilove Obinoscopy Oam4j MissyB

She would be ABSOLUTELY WRONG, ... only if Nigerian academic curricula are:

* Deliberately designed for realistic contemporary problem solving strategies and intergrated into the distant future, created by our visionary leaders

* In a perfect functional sync with the industries for which the students are being prepare, nad reviewed constantly to meet the needs of our country and the world at large

* To prepare and build students for self-sufficiency

Enough said

1 Like

Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2020
Before nko??
Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Exactly. So also watching Nollywood. E dey reduce person IQ.

BITTER TRUTH
Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by Pelaguis: 4:21pm On Apr 29, 2020
Her view is complete and utter trash. Idiocracy at its peak.
So many average Nigerian students have left Nigeria to become top of their classes wherever they find themselves.

I feel it's the other way round. I'm willing to admit that the level of education in Nigeria is not where it should be but the harsh realities of schooling in Nigeria helps you succeed if you move to a different country.

2 Likes

Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by sexylassie2(f): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
angry angry angry

She should go fvck off herself. Over the years our schools have produced brilliant brains too. And some mumus on this platform will come and support her too. angry

If our universities have produced brilliant brains as you wrote down, Nigeria wont be where she is today
Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by sexylassie2(f): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
Pelaguis:
So many average Nigerian students have left Nigeria to become top of their classes wherever they find themselves.

I feel it's the other way round. I'm willing to admit that the level of education in Nigeria is not where it should be but the harsh realities of schooling in Nigeria helps you succeed if you move to a different country.

Because they reeducated themselves.
Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by Nova1988(m): 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
Pelaguis:

WHY SCHOOL SUCKS!

A man by the name of Mark Twain once said: "I never let my schooling interfere with my education" it is said that a child educated only in school is an uneducated child. What does that mean? It means that true education is not merely learned through a textbook. And the way to prove that one understands something is not merely through a test. This is the old way. The chalk and talk way. The way of memorizing facts then taking a test and then forgetting about them a week later. What good does that do? A man by the name of Howard Gardner came up with the theory of multiple intelligences. He said that they are auditory Learners kinesthetic, Learners, people that learn through touch, people that learn through stories. See we all have different gifts and strengths and to create an educational system where only one type of learning is preferred is absurd. Not only unfair but it sacrifices the God given abilities of students, and the good of the world. The best advice I could give a student is figure out how YOU learn. Just because you fail a test doesn't mean you're "slow" just because you are having a hard time understanding something doesn't mean it's impossible. Because they are no bad students, only inflexible Teachers. Yeah, I went there. When I was in the third grade my teacher Mrs. Williams wanted to hold me back, she said I was...... "slow". They do not want me saying this but when I was growing up my parents thought that I had mental disabilities. No! I just wasn't understanding in the way that they were teaching. A few years ago I graduated Magna Cum Laude honours, with my degree in anthropology. The same man who took us to the Moon Wernher Von Braun failed maths class twice. See nobody is "slow". But the secret is you must figure out how you learn and Learn EVERYTHING you can about what you love and I promise life will become a lot easier.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by Pelaguis: 5:29pm On Apr 29, 2020
sexylassie2:

Because they reeducated themselves.

Yeah....I don't think so.

Put your self in this scenario
Imagine leaving this country to study abroad, where you have 24/7 power supply, lower course load, easier tests and teachers that are motivated to help you succeed and several other encouraging factors.

What Nigerian wouldn't succeed

2 Likes

Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by sexylassie2(f): 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2020
Pelaguis:

Yeah....I don't think so.

Put your self in this scenario
Imagine leaving this country to study abroad, where you have 24/7 power supply, lower course load, easier tests and teachers that are motivated to help you succeed and several other encouraging factors.

What Nigerian wouldn't succeed

Even if you have all these and your curricullum is still the ones used during colonisation nothing will change.
Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by Exc2000: 9:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
Shamefully true...
Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by PropertyBuying(f): 12:46am On Apr 30, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Exactly. So also watching Nollywood. E dey reduce person IQ.
Re: Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says by PropertyBuying(f): 12:47am On Apr 30, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Exactly. So also watching Nollywood. reduce person IQ.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Elementary School In Osun (pics) / When A Mathematician Is Hired To Teach English *pics* / German Programmer Has Two Password Chances Left Else He Loses $220M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.