Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? (128544 Views)

#DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji / Can Celibacy Cause Child Birth Complications? Gynaecologists' Attention Needed / Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
Fearcom:

Let me tell you the GOSPEL TRUTH!

Marriage is about compromises.

Unless your intended fully agrees freely (YOU HAVE TO DISCUSS IT WITH HIM AND ALSO SEEK SPIRITUAL COUNSEL)and you ask him to be patient, then you will have no issues rather than saying that's what I WILL DO.

You can't make rigid decisions for the two of you so as not to create a precedent where your spouse will also make a rigid decision involving the two of you in another issue.

One full year because you gave birth A birth without complications

Ok. but Like I said in my other comment, sex is not all about penetrating a woman. There are other ways to relieve yourself!!!!

1 Like

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
QueeenKKfire:
I need an urgent answer please.

Urgently ? haba na , na so u like sex reach.you av to wait o. yes wait.u too do ah ah.

1 Like

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by OriOko88(m): 11:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
Michelle55:

Wetin man Pikin go do na grin
If you no gree give, another woman dey one side dey eye am and I no fit take such chances cheesy so its best I drain all the energy so him no go see clearly to jam another woman cheesy

You be correct female OG
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by paix(m): 11:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
QueeenKKfire:
Usually 40 days.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
eni4real:
Your idea is good...
But is it practicable?? Some wives will presumably ask for sex before 6month...

Lol... I know this generation is sex starved as a result it will be difficult for this advice to sink in. Like I said in my other comment, sex is not all about penetrating a woman. There are other ways to relieve yourself!!!!

1 Like

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by NobleAngell(f): 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:

And what causes the VJ to lose elasticity? Let's stop deceiving ourselves. No woman's VJ goes back 100% to normal after delivery but it can still be corrected and maintained by allowing it time to heal during which you'll do hot seat baths and use other herbs to quicken healing.
Not allowing it go through these processes will make a woman to start farting and leaking uncontrollably through the VJ.
I have seen so many cases in the my years of practice. This is life not what I read somewhere. But many are ashamed to admit it out there.

There's nothing like "poor elasticity" something causes it to lose elasticity. Poor maintenance, which is one of the things we are talking about.
Farting through the vj? Pls elaborate.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by psucc(m): 11:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:

A disciplined man will wait. Besides penetration is not the only way of relieving/satisfying sextual desires. The woman can help with other methods to relieve the hubby. So many ways.
Please update - name the ways
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Havertz(m): 11:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
Two month, but hausa na 1 week
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
psucc:
Please update - name the ways

smiley
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by LilySam: 11:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
Good evening everyone,

I am into data sellng, please patronize me.
The prices are below;
Mtn 1 GB = 450
Mtn 2 GB = 900
Mtn 3GB =1350

I have other products aside from data. Such as waist trainer, oil perfume, and gowns.

Contact me with this number.

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Respect55(m): 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
10 years isn't a bad idea cool

2 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Sterope(f): 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
Women of back then did not care about their sexual health. They are not in the best position to advice a woman on when she should wait. We have medical doctors for that. Anyone in doubt should consult a gynaecologist. Most online articles recommend a month upwards but then body type and birth complications differ. Women are having bigger babies too. There are many factors that would determine when a woman would be ready for sex.

A mother should do what it is best for her sexual and mental health. Her husband should support her, that child is not going to bear her surname.

Eulalia:
At least, six months. So that the vaginal walls that expanded during delivery can can contract back to normal. My mum taught me this and during their time, it was 1 year before they resume. Resuming almost immediately weakens the walls and getting them back together is usually difficult cos it was not given enough time to heal. And that is why mother's of today after one or two children have slack VJ and Begin to run to us for vagina tightening. That was why during our mothers time you hardly find women looking for vagina tightening remedy.

So 6 months to 1 year is fine. It will also help mother and child to stay healthy.

4 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by OriOko88(m): 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
yvelchstores:
it is your opinion that is absolutely baseless, ridiculous and outrageous. All a woman who gave birth needs is to breastfeed her child to fasten the shrinkage of the womb and when she feels up to it incorporate Kegel exercises to help her pelvic walls.
You say our mothers didn't have issues with loose pelvic walls, well did our fathers confirm that with you
Don't mind her jare, shes sounding as if shes a gynecologist or an expert in female anatomy. Can't she even wait till a year bfore bleeping her husband after delivery or can her husband wait that long. She's just postulating stupid theory.

1 Like

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by professore(m): 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:
At least, six months. So that the vaginal walls that expanded during delivery can can contract back to normal. My mum taught me this and during their time, it was 1 year before they resume. Resuming almost immediately weakens the walls and getting them back together is usually difficult cos it was not given enough time to heal. And that is why mother's of today after one or two children have slack VJ and Begin to run to us for vagina tightening. That was why during our mothers time you hardly find women looking for vagina tightening remedy.

So 6 months to 1 year is fine. It will also help mother and child to stay healthy.
This is educative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
zeuss:

up to the parties involved.....if the woman feels like and the man doe not mind the flows following childbirth it can be happen 1 minute after child birth not Cesarean birth

Where did you get this, I've heard of medical recommendation that at least 6 months
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by jaxxy(m): 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
Chartey:

Lol
CS doesn't affect the vagina.

So? Surgery won't heal?
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Fearcom(m): 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:

God gave us wisdom. Let use it. I'm not saying you're going to be staring at each other like statues for that 6 months. Think!

Something tells me this lady will.get married to a guy without thoroughly trashing out this issue and then carry out what's in her mind to do.

That thing also asked me to tell her good luck. When the consequences come up, she won't be back here to talk...or she will create another moniker to hide her identity to tell us the results

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by pocohantas(f): 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
eni4real:
Your idea is good...
But is it practicable?? Some wives will presumably ask for sex before 6month...

There is nothing good about that. This question isn’t a one size fits all. All things being equal, I think 6mths - 1year is an overkill. Haba!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
NobleAngell:
Farting through the vj? Pls elaborate.

smiley
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:

Lol... I know this generation is sex starved as a result it will be difficult for this advice to sink in. Like I said in my other comment, sex is not all about penetrating a woman. There are other ways to relieve yourself!!!!
The irony is that, the woman may even ask for sex before 6month of delivery..
How about that??

1 Like

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:

well said sir/ma

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:

I agree, I watched a movie where the doctor made mention of at least 6 months

4 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by pek(m): 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:

God gave us wisdom. Let use it. I'm not saying you're going to be staring at each other like statues for that 6 months. Think!
Just say you don't like sex and don't bring your mother into this. So your mother told you she use to abstain for a whole year. As I said earlier, either she was one of many wives or one of you is lying.

3 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
pocohantas:

There is nothing good about that. This question isn’t a one size fits all. All things being equal, I think 6mths - 1year is an overkill. Haba!
Lolz.
I was trying to flow with her theory!!
Well, the irony is that, the wife may even ask for sex before 6month of delivery!!!
How about that?
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
eni4real:
How about that??

Well,....if she feels well and ready for it, so be it. Everyone is an adult and can chose to use their bodies which ever way they deem fit. Just be sure whatever you're doing is right for you and the baby.

2 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by mechanics(m): 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
It depends on the couples involved, no specific number of days.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by OriOko88(m): 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
fatymore:
A week after if my body is good...

Kilokanmi
Lol. Baddest. Okolabi llomo
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by NobleAngell(f): 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:

smiley
Pls I would like to know.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by babayaro7: 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=Dpharisee post=89004007]A lady I know got pregnant during her first sex less than 2 months after delivery, the lack of child spacing created a big problem in the home and the husband left her to catch his fun, coming home late, grooving around town and putting all the blames on her while she struggled with a new baby and pregnancy cheesy
Women be careful with sex after delivery, take all precautions

That's what I'm thinking seriously, if you continue knacking after few months, she might get pregnant. I need a solution me too. Is there any way to avoid getting pregnant?
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by mechanics(m): 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
eni4real:
How about that??
hahahah, it happens, but it shouldn't be that much, so it won't affect her health.
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by ashantitope: 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
QueeenKKfire:

There is no required time when my wife first gave birth and a month she requested for sex but I try to turn her down but one or two weeks later we had sex

3 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:

Well,....if she feels well and ready for it, so be it. Everyone is an adult and can chose to use their bodies which ever way they deem fit. Just be sure whatever you're doing is right for you and the baby.
Now, you are being practical!!!
You are right!! It depends on how fast she heals and pain-free+ Craving too grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Say NO To Casual Sex!!! WARNING VERY Graphic pix!!! / Help!!! My Husband Is A One Minute Man, I Am Frustrated! / Uber Driver That Carried The Italian Coronavirus Patient In Nigeria Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.