Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? (128549 Views)

#DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji / Can Celibacy Cause Child Birth Complications? Gynaecologists' Attention Needed / Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by moshino(m): 11:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
0KNM:
6 months? So the husband will be wánking or sleeping with PAYG girls? Smh

She for kuku go celibate after she born na

So the husband married for sex, and lives for sex. Doesn't he have a meaningful serious job. Why can't he channel his energy towards becoming the next Dangote.

2 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Danniedpastor(m): 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:

A disciplined man will wait. Besides penetration is not the only way of relieving/satisfying sextual desires. The woman can help with other methods to relieve the hubby. So many ways.

These are the kind of lessons that would make a woman lose her husband.

Sex in marriage is mutual and subject to understanding and compromise.
A woman should be allowed to heal after delivery (minimum of 4 month). As a loving husband find out from her if she is ready and if she consent... go ahead.
Please,no man is willing to wait for 6 months.
I overheard my neighbor telling my wife that her husband waited for 6 months (nothing women no dey discuss). I laughed because I know the man has a side chick. But,the woman was rating her husband high as a disciplined man.

I once told my wife ... If I stay 2 weeks on a norm, and did not play with your body,feel free to suspect me. The only reason I would not push for sex is if would affect her or I'll health.

Finally, in marriage sex is not just an activity it's an expression.
Stay blessed....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Bestmanwealthy(m): 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
Same day
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by pek(m): 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:
My mum taught me this and during their time, it was 1 year before they resume.

Lie from the pit of hell. Stop all these fallacies. If you take this theory/ mindset to your husband's house, you will have issues. No man is going to stay one year waiting for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by yeman1(m): 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
At least 2 months is okay. If u can wait, it wife can give u Mouth Action, masturbation and so on to relieve u from sex urge . It works for me. cheesy
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by callmeRichie(m): 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=QueeenKKfire post=88999667]I need an urgent answer please.

see as people dey form I too know here... 6 months to 1 year?? You for kuku say 10yrs, dey talk shits dey happy!!

Lol I just believe it depends on the woman for real, if she feels she's healed enough even within 2, 3 weeks it's enough! Mind u it also depends on your tissue nature sha. If she hasn't bleached away her glory, she might heal faster.

You can't compare a bleacher to natural skinner, so it depends on the skin too.

4 weeks is OK for a normal woman oo! Otherwise could stay for 1 Year, lols.

Which man will wait for 6 months A married man You are joking!!!

Don't be selfish, and save your marriage!!!

Ire oo!

3 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nkepedia: 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
Most likely she was not breastfeeding the baby exclusively. If she did, she wouldn't have gotten pregnant. Once she is lactating and breastfeeding her baby regularly, the body sends a signal to the brain, the brain then block the secretion of the hormones responsible for ovulation and menstruation, hence pregnancy would not occur. Google lactational Amenorrhea as contraceptive method. This is effective from birth to the first six months specially within the first four months.

Dpharisee:
A lady I know got pregnant during her first sex less than 2 months after delivery, the lack of child spacing created a big problem in the home and the husband left her to catch his fun, coming home late, grooving around town and putting all the blames on her while she struggled with a new baby and pregnancy cheesy
Women be careful with sex after delivery, take all precautions

1 Like

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Oshokalo: 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:
At least, six months. So that the vaginal walls that expanded during delivery can can contract back to normal. My mum taught me this and during their time, it was 1 year before they resume. Resuming almost immediately weakens the walls and getting them back together is usually difficult cos it was not given enough time to heal. And that is why mother's of today after one or two children have slack VJ and Begin to run to us for vagina tightening. That was why during our mothers time you hardly find women looking for vagina tightening remedy.

So 6 months to 1 year is fine. It will also help mother and child to stay healthy.

For me i will leave the front and fix it from the with lubricatiob back
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by 1stola: 11:48pm On Apr 30, 2020
Eulalia:

That's your opinion and it doesn't count here.
And you think your senseless opinion does?
Lol
How unreasonable...

Please follow the guidelines below

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nkepedia: 11:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
olabrinks:
what do you mean there’s nothing like poor elasticity? What are you practicing, because clearly you don’t know what you are talking about. Genetically some women have poor elasticity, some have great. Some women will go right back in to shape, with no flabby skin and a toned body after pregnancy. Women with poor elasticity will have loose skin, excess fat and cellulite for years that will be almost impossible to get rid of. The same goes with the vagina. There’s no amount of waiting that can heal beyond measures when the natural elasticity of the woman is poor. I’m not saying there’s not certain things you can do to help, however waiting a year is totally unnecessary and there’s absolutely no difference if you wait 6 weeks or one year.

You are very right.....very unnecessary!
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
moshino:

So the husband married for sex, and lives for sex. Doesn't he have a meaningful serious job. Why can't he channel his energy towards becoming the next Dangote.
So of you have wacked sex life. And then you wonder why your partners cheat on you

How can any man go 6 months without touching his partner? Because he has ‘meaningful serious job’

Please go and sleep

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Austin853: 11:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
zeuss:

up to the parties involved.....if the woman feels like and the man doe not mind the flows following childbirth it can be happen 1 minute after child birth not Cesarean birth
ahahaha what happened nah
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Austin853: 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
0KNM:
6 months? So the husband will be wánking or sleeping with PAYG girls? Smh

She for kuku go celibate after she born na
lol
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by cimag: 11:54pm On Apr 30, 2020
QueeenKKfire:
I need an urgent answer please.
This one you are saying you an urgent answer,have you removed your boxers already or is your penis already erect and nodding?Take it easy.

1 Like

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by 1stola: 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

I think this is the most educating comment I've read all thorugh this month of April. Thank you.
Then you're the most unreasonable person on Nairaland I have ever come across.

I wonder if you people think with your brain some times...

How can you expect a sexually active man to stay without sex for 6 to 12 months?

What kind of unreasonable selfishness is that?
And if such man cheats now, you will start crying fire...

Rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
olabrinks:
she doesn’t know what she’s talking about please. She’s spreading false information on Nl, people will read her comment and will feel it’s necessary to wait one year after birth to have sex, all to remain ‘tight’. It’s a bunch of lies. It all depends on your genetics, your age and how much you tore during delivery. Do your kegels and sits bath, by 6 weeks you are medically and physically okay to resume sex and any healthy vagina should regain its normality. If you have to wait one year just to be normal, then maybe your vagina needs medical attention.

Please can you make your points without being undiplomatic? Just leave me out of your snide remarks. Ok? Do what you feel is right for you and let others chose what is best for them. I'm talking from what I've witness first hand. you may want to do your research to confirm what I'm saying instead of going about, sounding derogatory and uncultured.

Who's spreading false info? Someone asked for advice and I gave my 2 cents. Its left for the op to take or discard it. You too should give yours and move on instead exerting bad energy all over the place. It has not gotten to that.

I come in peace.

Good day!

5 Likes

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Austin853: 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
Oxytocin712:
Medically Six (6) weeks.
for normal delivery ooo
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by cimag: 11:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
zeuss:

up to the parties involved.....if the woman feels like and the man doe not mind the flows following childbirth it can be happen 1 minute after child birth not Cesarean birth
one minute after giving birth?Na waa to you o!
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by aladeokin1000(m): 11:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
cheesy
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by 1stola: 11:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
olabrinks:
I don’t know why you’re spreading lies here please. Who is going to be tight will be tight regardless of how long you wait. It all depends on the individual, age, elasticity and hiw much the vagina expanded during delivery. Same way some women go right back into shape after delivery, some women remain fat for years. If you like stay away from sex for a year, if your elasticity is poor and your vagina expanded significantly with tears, it will leave some permanent damage that only surgery can treat. The only reason why olden day women didn’t use tightening creams, is simply because they didn’t have access to it.
Don't mind the foolish girl.

Na just unreasonable attention seeker she be?

Her mother must be a liar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Pacesetter123(m): 11:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
Moji12:
It depends on the time you gave birth....
If it is in the morning you can do in the afternoon
If it is in the afternoon you can do the do in the evening n if in the evening you wait till the next morning undecided. Urgent answer and solution.
grin grin grin
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by 1stola: 12:01am On May 01, 2020
professore:

This is educative
You can never be a smart person...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by olabrinks(f): 12:04am On May 01, 2020
Im sorry but I have to be harsh, because some women will actually read your comment to believe it’s factual, causing problems in their marriage. Polygamy was practiced heavily in the olden days, hence the reason why women waited one year. I’m sure it made no difference to their vaginas, it’s all down to other factors. Why do some women’s breast sag after pregnancy and some don’t? Elasticity, age
and genetics, that is the main factor between a tight body and a looser one. Don’t spread false information on nairaland please, they’re a lot of young impressionable people reading comments here.
Eulalia:

Please can you make your points without being undiplomatic? Just leave me out of your snide remarks. Ok? Do what you feel is right for you and let others chose what is best for them. I'm talking from what I've witness first hand. you may want to do your research to confirm what I'm saying instead of going about, sounding derogatory and uncultured.

Who's spreading false info? Someone asked for advice and I gave my 2 cents. Its left for the op to take or discard it. You too should give yours and move on instead exerting bad energy all over the place. It has not gotten to that.

I come in peace.

Good day!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Razeed: 12:05am On May 01, 2020
Once the blood completely seized or stop, you can. As a Muslim we are advice to stay till 40 days before you can have sex because the blood is expected to have stop by then. Thanks

1 Like

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Sniper101(m): 12:05am On May 01, 2020
"as long as it takes for her coochie to get tight and sweet again" grin
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 12:09am On May 01, 2020
olabrinks:
Im sorry but I have to be harsh, because some women will actually read your comment to believe it’s factual, causing problems in their marriage. Polygamy was practiced heavily in the olden days, hence the reason why women waited one year. I’m sure it made no difference to their vaginas, it’s all down to other factors. Why do some women’s breast sag after pregnancy and some don’t? Elasticity
and genetics, that is the main factor between a tight body and a looser one. Don’t spread false information on nairaland please, they’re a lot of young impressionable people reading comments here.

Stop making a noise cos it doesnt change anything as people will still do what they feel is best for them with or without your noise. So, chilax.

Total waste of time. Lol....

1 Like

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Karleb(m): 12:09am On May 01, 2020
moshino:

Why can't the woman channel her own energy towards becoming the next Alakija?

Did she marry to be celibate?

Waiting 6 months after child delivery to have sex with ones wife is too long! That's half a year!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by olabrinks(f): 12:10am On May 01, 2020
Eulalia:

Stop making a noise cos it doesnt change anything as people will still do what they feel is best for them with or without your noise. So, chilax.

Total waste of time. Lol....
don’t spread nonsense here ah beg. Think before you type, nonsense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Risentouch(m): 12:12am On May 01, 2020

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Siscooh: 12:14am On May 01, 2020
donbachi:
Dont know of others...i dey resume knacking 3weeks after child birth.
Too early
Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by Nobody: 12:15am On May 01, 2020
olabrinks:
don’t spread nonsense here ah beg. Think before you type, nonsense.

Buahahahahaaaa. Please can somebody advise this uncivil fellow to stop getting herself worked up over a harmless opinion I made since morning and almost forgot I did? Like seriously, what's the hullabaloo all about?

Look, the last time I checked, opinions are like behinds and every body's got one.
If its for the likes you're clamoring, sorry you're ain't getting any with the way you're going about it.

Be civil.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 12:18am On May 01, 2020
QueeenKKfire:
I need an urgent answer please.

After 40 days ...... egugun must enter express !

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Say NO To Casual Sex!!! WARNING VERY Graphic pix!!! / Help!!! My Husband Is A One Minute Man, I Am Frustrated! / Uber Driver That Carried The Italian Coronavirus Patient In Nigeria Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.