Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,820 members, 7,828,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? (49437 Views)

Should I Forgive Her?? / She Cheated With Her 'Cousin'. I'm Finding It Hard To Forgive Her / Should I Forgive Her Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by flexyrule(m): 12:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kingarthur21:

Father Lord,may my daughter never be exploited this way...I know I am not a saint and I have a past,but I have never exploited a lady to this extent
After you don knack knack other people daughters finish, you con dey involve father-lord.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by okus17: 12:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
We are all human, let me make you understand that no matter what in life, whoever you have dealt with before in some way or the other, there is room for you to feel something for the person.

However, it is sure for your girl to see her ex engage someone and feel a sting in her heart asking herself questions like what could have gone wrong with the relationship (is she not good enough for her to get to that stage where she is the one engage by that guy). Don't forget he dis-virgined her while we all know that it is not easy for a girl to move on like that. It takes re-assurance, strong conviction, marriage from you to make it wear off her mind.

If you really love her, work on her and everything will be a thing of the past. I sure say even you as a man go see your ex picture and think of the good old days. Its just natural.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by frozen70(f): 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
Jasonjay101:
Please I'm new here on this platform and I just want some advice to clear my mind.

Let me just go straight to the point. My girl that we've been dating for a year plus now just told me a week ago that she lived a couple's life with her ex back in school right from when she entered 300l (4yrs course) and the guy 400l (5yrs course) and I've not been able to get over it.

It happened a week ago, we were together and she saw a post of her ex engagement to his current girlfriend and she started feeling bad, so I asked her what happened and a little bit angry with her thinking maybe she was not over her ex yet. She told me she has gotten over him but she just remembered her past so I try to console her to let go and if there's something she hasn't told me yet about her past that is still eating her up she can tell me because before now we've talked about a lot of things about our past and we've try to forgive each other and let the past be in the past.

She had told me it was this only guy she had dated and it was the same guy that disvirgined her. I was not bothered about that because I was not a virgin either. She told me she has moved on even before I came and she stayed for close to a year to heal up and all through this time I was asking her out but she never said yes and never told me she was going through heart break.

Now, it's a year and few months into our relationship, she's been a very good girl, supportive and hard working. And now she just told me this, coupled with some lies she has used to cover it up in some of our previous conversations about her school life.

I'm not perfect either and I've had my past which I have told her. I never lived a couples life back in school and it was only a girl I've also had anything sexual relationship to do with.

Why am emotionally down now is because I know what it is like to live a couples life in school. I never lived as one but I know of people that lived as such in school and I know what happens.

Now I don't know if I can forget about this and we move on. I love this girl so much and she has shown to also love me as much and I've tried to forget about what happened but most times when I see her now I tend to always remember and it eats me up.

Do you guys think I can forget about this?

This is the exact reason I don't like people talking about the past

Someone must be hurt

My advice is, you don't have a good reason to be angry over what you did not witness but heard

Pls if you live her, move on with her and plan the future with her

The more you know about a past the more it hurts

1 Like

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Roseey0(f): 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
zubinike:

Brother brother brother, you be Jesus? Please if you are in love with her and she replicates the same feelings, please don't go looking for what is not calling you.
Please put a ring on her finger and forever remain silent. Delay is dangerous. If there be anyone without sin, he should cast the first stone.
Thats all.
Men are looking for good and loyal girls. Op is still holding on to past mistake. People do crazy things in love. Let it go

1 Like

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by flexyrule(m): 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
jaxxy:

Pls what is couple's life? cos I'm not getting it. Isn't that a normal serious relationship?? Or whatd the difference exactly?
They were technically married. They live together, eat together, bath together, sleep together...

1 Like

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by mamatwiny(f): 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
Jasonjay101:
Please I'm new here on this platform and I just want some advice to clear my mind.

Let me just go straight to the point. My girl that we've been dating for a year plus now just told me a week ago that she lived a couple's life with her ex back in school right from when she entered 300l (4yrs course) and the guy 400l (5yrs course) and I've not been able to get over it.

It happened a week ago, we were together and she saw a post of her ex engagement to his current girlfriend and she started feeling bad, so I asked her what happened and a little bit angry with her thinking maybe she was not over her ex yet. She told me she has gotten over him but she just remembered her past so I try to console her to let go and if there's something she hasn't told me yet about her past that is still eating her up she can tell me because before now we've talked about a lot of things about our past and we've try to forgive each other and let the past be in the past.

She had told me it was this only guy she had dated and it was the same guy that disvirgined her. I was not bothered about that because I was not a virgin either. She told me she has moved on even before I came and she stayed for close to a year to heal up and all through this time I was asking her out but she never said yes and never told me she was going through heart break.

Now, it's a year and few months into our relationship, she's been a very good girl, supportive and hard working. And now she just told me this, coupled with some lies she has used to cover it up in some of our previous conversations about her school life.

I'm not perfect either and I've had my past which I have told her. I never lived a couples life back in school and it was only a girl I've also had anything sexual relationship to do with.

Why am emotionally down now is because I know what it is like to live a couples life in school. I never lived as one but I know of people that lived as such in school and I know what happens.

Now I don't know if I can forget about this and we move on. I love this girl so much and she has shown to also love me as much and I've tried to forget about what happened but most times when I see her now I tend to always remember and it eats me up.

What is her behaviour now? If she is good, Please believe her. She was brainwashed with love etc etc. She was naive.
Forgive her and move on as she was a domesticated bird, but if you can't, just go your way.
Her feeling and anger is not about still being attached. No. It is about her wasted years. The lies! The deceits! The cheating! Etc. I am married but will still feel bad if my ex is getting married. He doesn't deserve to be married. I want him single till he leaves this earth.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by meobizy(f): 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
These creative writers are now a scourge in this forum. Na only matters of romance una fit come up with? Make una write better thing, na.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
What's really up with living a couple's life? OP I'm sure you're bothered that her ex has over fvcked her right? That's lame bro.

You're a funny guy. Living a couple's life proves she can be loyal and submissive (just an assumption).

My girlfriend lived with me for about 2-3 years on and off back at school and I can count the number of times we had sex. It's not entirely bad

OP let the past stay in the past, she's with you now and that's what matters. All you gotta do now is support her because it's not easy getting over an ex you dated at length (it's not gender specific).

Fvck Okafor's law it's for the movies

3 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Triplerg: 1:00pm On Apr 30, 2020
From my personal observations, most ladies who live as couples on campus have some mental issues after graduation if they don't end up married to their partners. If mere seeing the guy's post causes her such emotional breakdown, then just know that she is yetbyo get over him. To make it worse, she might not get over him for life. It's always difficult for women to move on than men. Now you know what to do

1 Like

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by walex2(m): 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:
I'd feel the same if i were you.

Couple's life in school eh... chai!, Let me not talk because you'd feel discouraged about her. If your heart is no more there, Let go.
i agree with you, i can see many ladies here bashing the op. i will advise the op to check if the lad's womb is still intact due to too much postinor and contraceptive even D&C couple life at school was so bad that i will not marry any lady who engage in it, you must marry your couple and not give me AJEKU, too much sex everyday my dept presido can bear me witness

7 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Zombiekiller010: 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
cheesy
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
mamatwiny:

What is her behaviour now? If she is good, Please believe her. She was brainwashed with love etc etc. She was naive.
Forgive her and move on as she was a domesticated bird, but if you can't, just go your way.
Her feeling and anger is not about still being attached. No. It is about her wasted years. The lies! The deceits! The cheating! Etc. I am married but will still feel bad if my ex is getting married. He doesn't deserve to be married. I want him single till he leaves this earth.

shocked
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Captaincold: 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lol at forgive her past. There's nothing to forgive.
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by playapayaski: 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
Be a man n follow ur heart n use ur brain along with it.. U don't need any opinion or advice on this, there is more wisdom up there in you than all the mixed opinions/advice put together.. Think man, THINK..

AND NEVER JUDGE A WOMAN FOR BEING TRUTHFUL AND OPEN. COHABITATING WITH A MAN, HELL YEA, BUT SON, MEN GET MARRIED TO WELL KNOWN POPULAR RUNS GIRLS.. SO CHOICE IS URZ, BE GOOD.
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Heavance(m): 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
If you don't grow above university life, you will destroy the beautiful thing you can have.
A lot of people lived that life and broke up, yet they are living a better life, it was actually youthful part where you think you are sensible (but in actual sense you know better now).
This story may not be new at all to many of us, we all know those who lived that couples life even threw it to our faces and today they hate to remember that life.
Let go of the past, your mind will play crazy clips to you, but in truth if everyone talks about the past, I don't think many people will want to settle down.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by luckgood(m): 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
"I believe in love
I believe in you
The things you do
Fallin in love again with you
Broken heart can mend if given time
Cos i know why
Love is forever "

Op that is the lyric that is playing in your girlfriend heart. How I wish you can see it.
Now, with your girlfriend kind of mind set won't she fuq her ex again?..i guess it's only time can tell, it's only time!
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by mordred44: 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
Becareful dey say is a name of noun animal place or things
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by mamatwiny(f): 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
Jaeis:
What's really up with living a couple's life? OP I'm sure you're bothered that her ex has over fvcked her right? That's lame bro.

You're a funny guy. Living a couple's life proves she can be loyal and submissive (just an assumption).

My girlfriend lived with me for about 2-3 years on and off back at school and I can count the number of times we had sex. It's not entirely bad

OP let the past stay in the past, she's with you now and that's what matters. All you gotta do now is support her because it's not easy getting over an ex you dated at length (it's not gender specific).

Fvck Okafor's law it's for the movies

Most live in lovers have had abortions at one point or the other with uncountable sex which I guess is his fear.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by jaxxy(m): 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
1beat:

nobody will explain that to you when you gain admission to high institution you will understand
you're minor to put mouth to discussion like this

Lol mumu, I left skols years back. I just didn't have time for Skol relationships or study how others did theirs. I didn't care about that. I already know the normal stuffs. Don't gals come and stay over at their bfs place so what's different here.
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
Be drinking alchol and try lay your hands some soft hard drugs- Molly, Acid e.t.c. You will forget about it.

1 Like

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by mamatwiny(f): 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by mattfeuter(m): 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kingarthur21:
a lot of people never forget their first love,a lot of girls never forget the guy that disvirgined them. In this case her ex was both. The truth is ,the purest love a girl has for a guy is when they are young. As she grows older,she will swallow the female redpill and not date for love but who loves her and is capable of taking care of her.

She is not the first or last that feel something for an ex. Its normal, most people end up with others and not the love of their life but live perfectly fine. How many married couples do you think married the love of their life?

As for the couple living,you use the word "forgive" as though she cheated on you. The thing is she didn't. Make research ,find out if she has a high body count from sleeping with various men or he was her only sexual partner all those years.
If he was the first and only one she has been with then it doesn't necessarily makes her morally bankrupt.
Whenever someone confides in you of a terrible past, don't show shock or disappointment else they will not tell you more.

When you explain to girls that chastity is not what a guy plays with when searching for a wife they will be arguing and online motivational speakers will be advising them that they are free to have sexual prowess as a man forgetting how guys sees things is different from how ladies see things. They will be shouting "patriarchy" when you advice them.
At the end it is them that will feel used and cheated in the end if after several sex he marries another person. How many guys will feel bad or exploited after couple living only for the relationship not to work?

Let this be a lesson for all!

Check out the comments of most girls on this post, accusing him of judging her. Being skeptical about someone past and worrying if it may affect your relationship is not judging. The way most women are conscious of men financial capacity(which I support) and if he can take care of a family is the same way men are conscious of the sexuality of ladies when choosing a spouse.
They can only rant online but will they force us to marry?

Keep preaching!!!

Ps: Marry a Virgin to avoid unnecessary stories. . . You’re welcome grin
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by i124k(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
wen i even think say she don go fuvk ur best friend for chicken change....
the story come turn out tu b nothing serious self...
guy marry dat girl immediately lock down is elsed... u hear me so!!!!!
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by osmobil5(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
Jasonjay101:

I will have to tell u diz..
When some one is heartbroken in a relationship, the matter demands that he/she stays single and get healed completely before getting into another serious relationship.
Any man a woman accepts during her healing period, would only serve as a medicine which would be abandoned later on..that's called REBOUND.
YOUR GIRL IS YET TO FULLY RECOVER FROM HER PAST....DONT MAKE ANY COMMITMENT IN THE RELATIONSHIP YET.
I ADVICE U TO PLAY JUST A FRIEND'S ROLE...NOT A BOYFRIEND'S...or you might regret it later when she fully recovers.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
Jasonjay101:

abortion dey involved no gook am

2 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by jaxxy(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
flexyrule:
They were technically married. They live together, eat together, bath together, sleep together...

Is that what other gals do when they come to stay over at their bfs?? Weeknds or for sm weeks? Nothing unusual here as such.

I don't like the idea tho.

1 Like

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
Jasonjay101:

LOL leave her in peace if you can't be at peace with her past.
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by bmdmixer: 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
xendra:
Just because you didn't leave a couples life now you think she is worse that you cheesy y is it that we humans only call what we don't do sin? But if we do it then its ok
u dey mind am
Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Brite02(m): 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
@OP,
My Opinion
If she has been a good girl like you have said
And she has a bright future too
The thing is her Ex was part of life then
And you were not involved
Now she is with you
All she needs is true love and a good sex.
And always be there for her
I'll bet you, she will forget about the Ex.
It all boils down to you.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
mamatwiny:

Most live in lovers have had abortions at one point or the other with uncountable sex which I guess is his fear.

You're right. In my case I was super cautious because I didn't want to appear to be taking advantage of her, most times she was the one who made the sex moves. I really wanted to marry her but things didn't work out after we left school. She never had an abortion.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by honest1480(m): 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kingarthur21:
a lot of people never forget their first love,a lot of girls never forget the guy that disvirgined them. In this case her ex was both. The truth is ,the purest love a girl has for a guy is when they are young. As she grows older,she will swallow the female redpill and not date for love but who loves her and is capable of taking care of her.

She is not the first or last that feel something for an ex. Its normal, most people end up with others and not the love of their life but live perfectly fine. How many married couples do you think married the love of their life?

As for the couple living,you use the word "forgive" as though she cheated on you. The thing is she didn't. Make research ,find out if she has a high body count from sleeping with various men or he was her only sexual partner all those years.
If he was the first and only one she has been with then it doesn't necessarily makes her morally bankrupt.
Whenever someone confides in you of a terrible past, don't show shock or disappointment else they will not tell you more.

When you explain to girls that chastity is not what a guy plays with when searching for a wife they will be arguing and online motivational speakers will be advising them that they are free to have sexual prowess as a man forgetting how guys sees things is different from how ladies see things. They will be shouting "patriarchy" when you advice them.
At the end it is them that will feel used and cheated in the end if after several sex he marries another person. How many guys will feel bad or exploited after couple living only for the relationship not to work?

Let this be a lesson for all!

Check out the comments of most girls on this post, accusing him of judging her. Being skeptical about someone past and worrying if it may affect your relationship is not judging. The way most women are conscious of men financial capacity(which I support) and if he can take care of a family is the same way men are conscious of the sexuality of ladies when choosing a spouse.
They can only rant online but will they force us to marry?

You are truly a mature person in all perspective.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? by igbarasdynasty: 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
912:
Oga say the truth. The real reason why you are angry is because you could see from her reaction that she still isn't over the ex. Which is why she was sad to see that he is getting married.

You are only blaming this "couple's life" just to lie to yourself that you are angry with her about something else. Whereas your true anger is the realisation that she still feels something strong for the guy.

No matter the lies the two of you tell yourselves, that's the simple truth.

LoL... #Wisdom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I'm Afraid Of My Girlfriend / Infinix Rewards Man Who Kissed His Wife On Social Media With N300k For Valentine / Pls Help! My House Girl Is Tempting Me..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.