Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,227 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 (37341 Views)

Monkeypox Is Now A Global Health Emergency - WHO DG, Tedros Ghebreyesus / Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus: Young People Are Not Immune From Coronavirus / Coronavirus: "We Are In Uncharted Territory" - Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Oyiboman69: 11:58am On Apr 30, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
Typical post of a wailer. Why calling for his head as if na him spread the virus. We are good at looking for who to blame in any unfortunate occurrence angry
We should then blame god abi?
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
Oyiboman69:

We should then blame god abi?
Who is to blame if someone dies
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Nbote(m): 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
caprini1:
He is not supposed to work with information but to send his team to be on ground,he should have been sacked long ago.

China didn't want any team in their country as dey claimed to have it under control

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by shiwex: 12:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
This has nothing to do with him not being capable..its just white people always having an issue with black people. Whites never like blacks to dictate to them. The man has done nothing wrong. This just reminds me of when Kofi Annan always had issue with USA. the problem is if you stand up to the USA then you are no good.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by shiwex: 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
membranus:

Okay oo. I ain't got the strength to do any research now, I leave matter for Matthias.

But he is a black man, therefore my sympathy is with him because I always support my own people, especially the oppressed.

Thanks Bro..........we need to stick together, this wont happen if he were to be a white man. The issue is whites always have issues with taking orders from blacks......Just reminds me of same problem Kofi Annan had to go through.
This guy informed the whole world of the pandemic, its not his fault if American failed to prepare for it. Americans always like to shift blame to someone else.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by chubinwa(m): 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2020
Exactly my thoughts. I will wholeheartedly advocate for his resignation. He is not courageous enough to fight this battle

2 Likes

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by alezzy13: 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
Its just unfortunate scapegoating.

I won't be surprised if the bulk of those calling for his resignation are Rebulican Trumptards and their acolytes.

WHO worked based on information at this disposal at that time. Science changes everyday.

America is annoyed because they have called them out over their poor response.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Poske95(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
Whether Right or Wrong, he was voted to work for the people.
The people are not satisfied, have practiced democracy, it's left for the powers that be to take the next step.
Here, it's about being forced into accepting based on emotional, one-sided, notions which most times are dead on arrival.
Who do we blame for the loop sidedness during this period.?!
It's the criticism that allows for true change.
The reason why we leave this country is really to go see if there's a REALITY out there, however, how human we are.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Megatrix: 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
That clueless Chinese stooge should be fired

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by DateMynd44(m): 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2020
FirstbornWds:
I have been expecting this for a long time now. I mean, this guy practically was playing politics with the life of people. I wouldn't know if it's due to selfish interest or pressure. Still, he didn't do well as expected of him.

I for one, support this resignation call. He's not fit for the position, at least not with the recent happenings.
last year he said there was no human to human transmission of the novel corona virus.
Now the whole world is suffering due to his cluelessness
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by DateMynd44(m): 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
Truthspoon1:
This too shall pass.
so people that wants to go out of their homes and fetch for a living are called stupid people?
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by justino57(m): 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2020
The man don cash out na
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Damsman10(m): 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
Elove1:
The man is incompetent like one here, who values cows than humans.

That Kano promises are strictly meant for cows

'I will never let you down my cows'

Trump always has a point
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by teadrake(m): 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
Bukasint:

Your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory
Is your ass jealous of the amount of shit that just came out of your mouth?
You must have been born on a highway because that's where most accidents happen
Actually, your mother is a dumb fvck for not swallowing a soulless person like you. My comment wasn't meant to make sense you stupid worthless bottom-feeder, it was meant to reply to you at the level of stupidity you exist at so that you might actually understand it with the primitive sub-par IQ you attempt to interact with. Is that better for you fucking slowpoke? Or do I need to dumb it down further for a blithering piece of shit zombie like you to understand me?

I'm not surprise by your show of shame in a public forum such as this. For the avoidance of doubt, it be tantamount to a waste of energy and my precious time engaging an individual such as you. Apologies for the earlier statement.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Tonytonex(m): 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
Which African country is he from?
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by themanderon: 7:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
Man is too aligned to China.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by themanderon: 7:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
Tonytonex:

Ethiopia.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Luchitec(m): 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
He is from Ethiopia. The first non-medic (microbiologist/epidemiologist) to have been made a Health Minister in Ethiopia. shocked And his run of "good luck" took him to the WHO too, where he became the first African and non-medic to ever superintend the affairs of the WHO. By the way, before transiting to the WHO, he also served as Ethiopian Foreign Minister too shocked. Dr Ted is typical example of what is wrong with Africa, where political connection trumps merit.

I became interested in Dr Tedrous background sometime in January/February this year, after watching several of his contradictory daily Press Briefings. Although, the AU/Chinese endorsement got Dr Ted the WHO job, all indications suggest that this job is way above his pay grade. Now, the whole world has to live with the mess.
Tonytonex:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 7:41am On May 01, 2020
SIRTee15:
Stop playing the racist card....it makes u look incompetent......

And pls this is not about trump....
If Americans are happy to swallow hypobleach based on Trump's instruction....
That's their headache....they will decide in November....
The rest of us didn't entrust trump with our health....
That responsibility falls on WHO n they failed woefully....

There's a reason why international organisation makes every effort to remain apolitical....
Being political n taking sides destroys trust....
WHO under this current leadership wouldn't have anything to do with taiwan....
U can't even mention the name during interview....
Yet the goof-head started ranting about taiwan n shouting racism when he was called out for his incompetence....

Pls don't be like Tedros or u end up like him....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxPTFUH3kOU

Calling him Dr. Tedros “a quota system product” is straight-up racist bigotry...
Quit defending crass and crude bigotry - it only makes you look like a mentally-subservient self-hater!

For seemingly the zillionth time, WHO issued an alert on Covid in December LAST YEAR!
Some took it seriously and took aggressive measures, others played golf and dreamt dreamt of drinking bleach.

While not interested in the Right-Wing’s never-ending Cold War anti-“Communist” China BS...
The ENTIRE United Nations system has a One China policy and do not recognize Taiwan as an independent state.

Funny how Dr. Tedros was supposedly defending China’s actions...
When Dotard Trump publicly praised President Xi and China for its “transparency” and actions on Covid.

You may conveniently want to exclude Trump from this discourse...
But only the dishonest would pretend that it’s not his trying to shift blame from his incompetence that’s brought us here.

Please don’t be like the typical Trumpist...
Or you might end up being tempted to ingest bleach while shining a UV light up the keister! SMH
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by pacespot(m): 8:10am On May 01, 2020
I beg who started that petition against this man Tedros, is it an African or a Nigerian, if it's, then that person is a bastard? Upon what this man did for Africa during Ebola crisis, because of some accusation by a deranged president, Trump, who is known to blame anything except himself. When there was global warning against the spread of covid-19, Trump was heard telling his supporters to stay calm, that the virus will go away soon, he did not want to raise the alarm because of the impact it would have on stock markets. I could watch the videos of some of Trump's supporters going to the beach and partying in Florida, calling covid19 a hoax and a ploy to distract Trump's economic success. Now they turn around to blame China for covid19 today.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by SIRTee15: 11:36am On May 01, 2020
9jaRealist:

Calling him Dr. Tedros “a quota system product” is straight-up racist bigotry...
Quit defending crass and crude bigotry - it only makes you look like a mentally-subservient self-hater!

For seemingly the zillionth time, WHO issued an alert on Covid in December LAST YEAR!
Some took it seriously and took aggressive measures, others played golf and dreamt dreamt of drinking bleach.

While not interested in the Right-Wing’s never-ending Cold War anti-“Communist” China BS...
The ENTIRE United Nations system has a One China policy and do not recognize Taiwan as an independent state.

Funny how Dr. Tedros was supposedly defending China’s actions...
When Dotard Trump publicly praised President Xi and China for its “transparency” and actions on Covid.

You may conveniently want to exclude Trump from this discourse...
But only the dishonest would pretend that it’s not his trying to shift blame from his incompetence that’s brought us here.

Please don’t be like the typical Trumpist...
Or you might end up being tempted to ingest bleach while shining a UV light up the keister! SMH
>

I really don't understand your obsession with trump...
He's not responsible for Tedros failure....
This is not about Trump....his own incompetence and leadership failure should be called into question by Americans not the rest of the world....

CCP has no say in the running of taiwan.....
Their claim over Taiwan remain controversial.....
Most international organisation allow Taiwan participation as an observer status....
This is an expedient thing to do while staying neutral in the cross strait crisis.....

If there's an infection outbreak in Taiwan....
Would u prefer WHO work with Beijing or Taipei.....
If there's a plane crash disaster in Taiwan....
Would u allow ICAO investigators talk to China or Taiwan....
When it comes to things like this....we shouldn't allow sentiment becloud ur proper sense of judgement......

Taiwan had an observer seat in world health assembly until 2017.... when Tedros came n blocked it based on Beijing instruction.....

White supremacist or rednecks may exhibits bigotry or whatever.....
But we all know they are no better.....
I dont see how lazy people, living in trailer parks and drinking hypobleach can express opinions that will get me worried.....

We are all witness to the intelligence of white supremacists courtesy Donald trump.....
If not that America is too divided....that guy ought to be in jail by now.....
So i dont understands how what they write online bothers u.....
They living on the achievement of pastime, forgetting overtaking is allowed.....

This is about objectivity and what is right....
Tedros incompetence, erratic guessing game, coziness with China, and political correctness makes him a dangerous man if he continues as WHO DG....
He should quit...simple....

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by pelumzy007(m): 2:21pm On May 01, 2020
Bukasint:

Your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory
Is your ass jealous of the amount of shit that just came out of your mouth?
You must have been born on a highway because that's where most accidents happen
Actually, your mother is a dumb fvck for not swallowing a soulless person like you. My comment wasn't meant to make sense you stupid worthless bottom-feeder, it was meant to reply to you at the level of stupidity you exist at so that you might actually understand it with the primitive sub-par IQ you attempt to interact with. Is that better for you fucking slowpoke? Or do I need to dumb it down further for a blithering piece of shit zombie like you to understand me?

Aunty you are supposed to be fasting na
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bukasint(f): 2:27pm On May 01, 2020
pelumzy007:

Aunty you are supposed to be fasting na

I am but he insulted me first so I showed no mercy...
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by pelumzy007(m): 2:51pm On May 01, 2020
Bukasint:

I am but he insulted me first so I showed no mercy...
Lolz showing mercy is what Ramadan is all about any ways pele

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bukasint(f): 2:56pm On May 01, 2020
pelumzy007:

Lolz showing mercy is what Ramadan is all about any ways pele

I like you...
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Seun(m): 3:39pm On May 01, 2020
You don’t have to defend Tedros just because you hate Trump. They are both failures as far as COVID-19 is concerned. They have both been exposed as bad leaders with blood on their hands.

Tedros, as the leader of the WHO, couldn’t have done a better job if his objective was to ensure that the Corona virus would spread to every country and kill lots of people, while appearing to fight it. He discouraged travel bans at the early stage when they would have bought some much-needed time. He left countries utterly defenseless against the virus by discouraging the use of face-masks despite the success of the Asian countries which use them. People who followed his organization’s advice on how to avoid getting infected “wash your hands and expose your face” kept getting infected because the advice was wrong.

4 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by pelumzy007(m): 9:39pm On May 01, 2020
Bukasint:

I like you...
Wow.�� I am honoured
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bukasint(f): 11:37pm On May 01, 2020
pelumzy007:

Wow.�� I am honoured
Are u married?
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:53am On May 02, 2020
I have nothing to say
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by eyinjuege: 12:52pm On May 02, 2020
Youhesh:
First he said there is no human to human transmission, after some weeks, that changed. He said wearing of masks by the general public isn't necessary, after some weeks that changed. WHO said antibodies present in people who have been infected doesn't provide any protection, some days later they changed their stance. [/b]Does that not show a level of confusion and incompetence?[b]

Not necessarily.
Its just like saying because the treatment of covid is changing with time, the Drs treating it are incompetent. More people are leaning away from invasive ventilation, and giving more anti inflammatory meds and anticoagulant/blood thinners. Initially, anti inflammatory tablets like ibuprofen was thought to cause more harm in covid patients, but time has shown us that 5he diseasebitself causes a lot of inflammation
[/b]It is a novel virus. [b]
New virus, where little is known about its transmission, pathophysiology and it's treatment.
Only time, and extensive data gathering can tell us more about the disease.
Despite tha fact that Tedros isn't a medical Dr, he is still an expert in the field of epidemiology and equally surrounded by Drs. He doesn't make decisions all by himself and meetings must have been carried out by various professionals in the various fields before guidelines are issued. These guidelines keep changing everyday as more aboutvthebdiseasebis being understood.
The same information made available to the W.H.O about this disease was immediately made available to the US, and yet they didn't think otherwise either.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by pelumzy007(m): 2:45pm On May 02, 2020
Bukasint:

Are u married?
Not yet....There is a girl that am in love with though.... smiley smiley
U?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 20 Countries With Highest Birth Rate / 27-Year-Old Ronald Who Has Never Had Erection Undergoes Surgery In Abuja(Photos) / 5 5555

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.