Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 (37382 Views)

Monkeypox Is Now A Global Health Emergency - WHO DG, Tedros Ghebreyesus / Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus: Young People Are Not Immune From Coronavirus / Coronavirus: "We Are In Uncharted Territory" - Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 10:34am On Apr 30, 2020
bakescos01:
Yeah , he is a total failure. I guess this are part of the reasons the Westerners don’t like putting an African man to head a World agency . They can be easily bought.

Exactly! Just like Nobel Laureate Kofi Annan...smh undecided
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by bakescos01: 10:35am On Apr 30, 2020
studentofTruth:

I wish I have time to take you through the evidence lane, but I don't — a lot of work on my table already.

I would've taken you through his Tweeter messages with dates and compare them with reports from Chinese, Japanese, and German studies — not even talking of Taiwan findings.

I stopped watching TV because of the misinformation. As at first week of February, I knew the western world was in for a big trouble because they were incomprehensibly following the illogical guidelines from WHO.

Never again should a quota system politician head an organization as important as the WHO.

NEVER AGAIN!!!

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by studentofTruth: 10:36am On Apr 30, 2020
9jaRealist:

If it quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck...
Perhaps YOU are the “quota system product” at your job, but the WHO DG is not!

You apparently cannot help the racist bigotry that you have swallowed hook-line-and-sinker from your largely bigoted Right-Wing trolls (in the classic ”repeat after me” cram-and-regurgitate methodology that your colonial masters bequeathed upon you in the name of ‘education’), but the present WHO DG was elected by the entire member states from among several other candidates (including at least 3 Europeans), and there’s been absolutely NO suggestion (and of course absolutely NO evidence) that he was anything but eminently qualified. Furthermore, since his election in 2016 (almost 4 years ago), not a single person, organization nor country has even so much as ventured that he was doing anything but a competent (if not even outstanding) job - until the Dotard in the White House and his largely-bigoted Right-Wing Numpties.

Anyway, it’s one thing for bleach-guzzling right-wingers to spew their usual disgusting drivel...
But (to be brutally-honest) rather sad to see supposedly-educated Africans simply cramming-and-regurgitating same GARBAGE!
>

Apparently, I don't work for anybody. I run my own business. If you're paid to defend him, you're really doing a terrible job by leaving facts and going racial!

Between 2016 to 2020, the world has been in relative peace, so there's nothing to judge him with. The Corona outbreak that became a pandemic under him hugely due to his poor decisions exposed his incompetence badly.

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 30, 2020
Tallesty1:
That's one thing with being a leader. Today you're a hero to them, tomorrow they will call for your resignation.

This Convid-19 will change the world as we know it, I doubt if things will ever come back normal. It's a global reset and it is hitting every sector.

Even last borns are not left out. Due to lockdown, parents and family tribunals have already started their impeachment proceedings with no option to appeal and they are not aware yet.
he has never been a hero he was part of a dictatorship regime in his country
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 10:39am On Apr 30, 2020
Bahdsypha:
How are they pro-china?
because the man that said we should drink disinfectants said so

grin grin grin
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by membranus: 10:42am On Apr 30, 2020
bakescos01:

Helpless man indeed. Go and make your research about how he cover up cholera twice in Ethiopia when he was the minister of health and cause many death. Taiwan wrote to him in December that the virus transfer from human to human but he did nothing about it till after a month. Tedros hands are not clean.

Try to do a research of him on your own and you will discover he isn’t an helpless man but a corrupt and selfish person. He never said anything while Africans are being attacked in China . He will never stand for anyone you guys better know that.

Okay oo. I ain't got the strength to do any research now, I leave matter for Matthias.

But he is a black man, therefore my sympathy is with him because I always support my own people, especially the oppressed.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 10:43am On Apr 30, 2020
studentofTruth:
Apparently, I don't work for anybody. I run my own business. If you're paid to defend him, you're really doing a terrible job by leaving facts and going racial!

You work for your clients...
That you don’t even understand such basics is a sad self-indictment.

Perhaps you were simply an educational “quota system product”. SMH
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Youhesh(m): 10:47am On Apr 30, 2020
Bahdsypha:

They were less than 100cases around the world and 0 deaths outside china as of that time.
Do you really know what you are saying? As at 1st March, there were already 34 deaths in Italy and single digit deaths in other parts of the world such as Iran etc
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by studentofTruth: 10:49am On Apr 30, 2020
9jaRealist:

You work for your clients...
That you don’t even understand such basics is a sad self-indictment.

Perhaps you were simply an educational “quota system product”. SMH
>

My clients come to me because I do a great job and they like my services — not because of any quota system politics.

I personally don't engage in personal attacks, so don't expect me to attack your person! At this point, I will simply ignore you!
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 10:52am On Apr 30, 2020
studentofTruth:

Between 2016 to 2020, the world has been in relative peace, so there's nothing to judge him with. The Corona outbreak that became a pandemic under him hugely due to his poor decisions exposed his incompetence badly.

If you’re paid to slander him...
You’re really doing a terrible job by leaving facts and resorting to racist bigotry.

There were MERS outbreak in the Middle East and Asia in both 2016 and 2017...
He also had to deal with the spillover from 2915 of the Zika outbreak in Central America.
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by rottennaija(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2020
Trailblazer1:
Corona Virus is like an acid test for top office holders.

It cuts you up and shows the whole world your true content.

It has shown that Sanwo Olu could eventually be more useful than a pontus Pilate.

It has shown that everything is politics for Ganduje.

It has shown that Buhari is irredeemably useless.

It has shown that WHO doesn't have the idea or expertise to produce a vaccine as we previously believed but only active in the media

And Trump?
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:55am On Apr 30, 2020
Trailblazer1:
Corona Virus is like an acid test for top office holders.

It cuts you up and shows the whole world your true content.

It has shown that Sanwo Olu could eventually be more useful than a pontus Pilate.

It has shown that everything is politics for Ganduje.

It has shown that Buhari is irredeemably useless.

It has shown that WHO doesn't have the idea or expertise to produce a vaccine as we previously believed but only active in the media

Must it be WHO to produce a vaccine?

When has WHO ever produced a vaccine?
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 30, 2020
Very corrupt man. China stooge.

He said the disease cannot be transferred from human to human.

He also protested against closing of border to china by US saying its not necessary.

This man should be sacked and jailed for causing the death of thousands, destroying peoples lives and economies.

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by bilulu(m): 10:55am On Apr 30, 2020
amaridigital:

WHO DG deserve to be fired. No question about that but US President Trump deserve to be jailed. When our children read the history book about this pandemic in the future, Trump bad decisions and indecision will surely be obvious. He failed as a leader. Forget all his marcho man antic. He doesn't have the moral justification to point accusing fingers at others.
Yea, he failed to realize US is the world leader and he failed to take responsibility as the head of the world leader. Imagine he said "it's a hoax", later he said "it will just disappear like that". Last week he said disinfectant will work on it. That man talks before reasoning.... he don't want to take responsibilities that's why he's blaming WHO.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Amhappy(f): 10:56am On Apr 30, 2020
I support the call for this man and his team to go. Covid19 should have been stopped at Wuhan if he has gotten the world to collaborate and end it there. First time an African is given a chance. Too sad.

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:57am On Apr 30, 2020
Bukasint:

He should be sacked with immediate effect. He is not a Medical Doctor but a bloody Microbiologist. He never know what it's like to take Hippocratic Oath. He should be fired before he uses Africa for vaccine testing...

It is World Health Organization, not World Doctor Organization.

Any health worker with substantial amount of experience can head it. The person doesn't have to be a doctor.

The health workforce consists of other disciplines, aside medicine.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by tammie24: 10:57am On Apr 30, 2020
Make them open that petition make I sign my own abeg

That guy is a China puppet

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 11:00am On Apr 30, 2020
studentofTruth:
My clients come to me because they like my services — not because of any quota system politics.

I personally don't engage in personal attacks, so don't expect me to attack your person! At this point, I will simply ignore you!

And he was elected by WHO member states because they like his record - and not because of quota system politics...

I don’t engage in personal attacks either (even though the comments of this “poor-minded” African is alleged to be “paid” for), but I do not consider calling out dog-whistle racism and crude primitive bigotry to be a personal attack. After all, TRUTH is a completely defense to slander.

Meanwhile, rest assured that whenever you voluntarily address a PUBLIC or put your views in the PUBLIC space...
The PUBLIC that you address or voluntarily share your (bigoted) views with has the UNFETTERED right to comment or respond. Do better! SMH
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 4gunners(m): 11:00am On Apr 30, 2020
infini771:
That guy sold W.H.O. to China. Taiwan raised an alarm early enough but they countered it.
It's crazy mehn .. This WHO man put the whole world into chaos
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Youhesh(m): 11:02am On Apr 30, 2020
First he said there is no human to human transmission, after some weeks, that changed. He said wearing of masks by the general public isn't necessary, after some weeks that changed. WHO said antibodies present in people who have been infected doesn't provide any protection, some days later they changed their stance. Does that not show a level of confusion and incompetence?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by studentofTruth: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2020
The world already knows about MERS, and there is a template for controlling it. Zika was already under control.

Managing a new outbreak requires effective observations and studies and making rules that are coherent with the findings of your observations and studies. It requires creativity and innovation.

The highest level of incompetence is using Ebola model to manage an air-born infection that can be transmitted before the career starts showing symptoms — this is what this quota system politician did! He misled the world!

He left the reports of many studies and continued dishing out his illogical guidelines. Instead of leading, he's following popular opinions, and when opinions change, he changes course too — definitely not the quality of a leader. Now, we have the result — over 200,000 deaths!
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 4gunners(m): 11:06am On Apr 30, 2020
9jaRealist:

WHO warned the WORLD of the emergence of Covid in December LAST YEAR!
All this vulgar semantic sophistry by folks trying to cover their national ineptitude (or blame the African) is pure GARBAGE!

>
Don't play that 'Africa card'. The truth is, WHO in connivance with China refused to warn the world early enough. You claim it can't be transmitted from H2H for more than 2 months. Is that plausible?
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by teadrake(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2020
Bukasint:

He should be sacked with immediate effect. He is not a Medical Doctor but a bloody Microbiologist. He never know what it's like to take Hippocratic Oath. He should be fired before he uses Africa for vaccine testing...
"Bloody microbiologist" that championed one of the foremost research in malaria with unquantifiable awards and achievement to his name. Only a despicable, irrelevant people with no quantum of achievement will spew thrash like this in the name of being relevant. Is it by force to demonstrate your lunacy via public forum?? Unbelievable!!
How many medical doctors conduct research globally Alexander Fleming, Robert Koch, Sir Ronald Ross, Louis Pasteur, Jonas Salk, etc. Those guys were Microbiologist which notable discovery and inventions that keep saving the world till today.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by studentofTruth: 11:12am On Apr 30, 2020
Bukasint:

No matter how they want discuss the narrative, he failed. It doesn't matter who he is. His statements we're illogical. That's enough!

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:15am On Apr 30, 2020
Hmmm... i still dont know who named this continent Africa?.. or Africana..

I dont know if its complex issues... why is it that when Africans are at head especially in the UN or its subsidiaries koma must always dey

We do need to step up and prove them wrong.. decision making is another... undecided

I may be wrong here ooo.. The Late Koffi Annan was blamed for not responding on time during the Rwandan Genocide... blame blame thing...!!

This continent being look as a 3rd might really be affecting individuals genes....

2 Likes

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by runningriot: 11:20am On Apr 30, 2020
Once in a lifetime! we should learn to correct the future by first correcting the presence! the blame game and dusting his file should come later! removing, resigning or withholding fund is an option on the table. To first shake the table and square the cycle let the pandemic be over, if not we will be stock between the Egyptian and the Red sea.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by caprini1: 11:22am On Apr 30, 2020
Nbote:
He was working with d misinformation fed him by China who intentionally downplayed d seriousness of d virus and allowed it to spread... Removing him now won't solve anything.
He is not supposed to work with information but to send his team to be on ground,he should have been sacked long ago.

2 Likes

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Niggmatic: 11:28am On Apr 30, 2020
EteBabaagba222:
Since early 21st century, dis is d first tym an African man will be DG of WHO. This maybe a set up on him. Remember West didn't want him DG.

Victim mentality all the time. Is he the first African to head a UN agency?

Do you even know if the man is an African? That man might even be an India sef, you are here saying African bla bla. Does he even look like an African to you?

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 11:34am On Apr 30, 2020
4gunners:
Don't play that 'Africa card'. The truth is, WHO in connivance with China refused to warn the world early enough. You claim it can't be transmitted from H2H for more than 2 months. Is that plausible?

If you want to see the “Africa card”...
You need look no further than the right-wing blogs where the sentiment behind petition originated from.

WHO proffers advice on the best-available scientific information...
Which is unlike those who think we should inject bleach and proclaim that Covid would disappear in two weeks.

For the umpteenth time, WHO issued a WORLDWIDE PUBLIC ALERT on Covid last December...
Some countries promptly acted upon it, while others played golf and doubted every scientific evidence out there.
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by SIRTee15: 11:43am On Apr 30, 2020
9jaRealist:

If it quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck...
Perhaps YOU are the “quota system product” at your job, but the WHO DG is not!

You apparently cannot help the racist bigotry that you have swallowed hook-line-and-sinker from your largely bigoted Right-Wing trolls (in the classic ”repeat after me” cram-and-regurgitate methodology that your colonial masters bequeathed upon you in the name of ‘education’), but the present WHO DG was elected by the entire member states from among several other candidates (including at least 3 Europeans), and there’s been absolutely NO suggestion (and of course absolutely NO evidence) that he was anything but eminently qualified. Furthermore, since his election in 2016 (almost 4 years ago), not a single person, organization nor country has even so much as ventured that he was doing anything but a competent (if not even outstanding) job - until the Dotard in the White House and his largely-bigoted Right-Wing Numpties.

Anyway, it’s one thing for bleach-guzzling right-wingers to spew their usual disgusting drivel...
But (to be brutally-honest) rather sad to see supposedly-educated Africans simply cramming-and-regurgitating same GARBAGE!
>

Stop playing the racist card....it makes u look incompetent......

And pls this is not about trump....
If Americans are happy to swallow hypobleach based on Trump's instruction....
That's their headache....they will decide in November....
The rest of us didn't entrust trump with our health....
That responsibility falls on WHO n they failed woefully....

There's a reason why international organisation makes every effort to remain apolitical....
Being political n taking sides destroys trust....
WHO under this current leadership wouldn't have anything to do with taiwan....
U can't even mention the name during interview....
Yet the goof-head started ranting about taiwan n shouting racism when he was called out for his incompetence....

Pls don't be like Tedros or u end up like him....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxPTFUH3kOU
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Oyiboman69: 11:56am On Apr 30, 2020
masterchi:
This is insane and totally unnecessary at this time. When the world is done with this virus then the role of China and WHO can be revisited , this is a sensible thing to do.
Doing the same thing again and again,expecting a different result is totally waste of time. Being it politically motivated or not,he should resign and let other carry-on from where he stopped. What we need at this critical time is solution which his leadership has failed to render.
Let another take over.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bukasint(f): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2020
teadrake:

"Bloody microbiologist" that championed one of the foremost research in malaria with unquantifiable awards and achievement to his name. Only a despicable, irrelevant people with no quantum of achievement will spew thrash like this in the name of being relevant. Is it by force to demonstrate your lunacy via public forum?? Unbelievable!!
How many medical doctors conduct research globally Alexander Fleming, Robert Koch, Sir Ronald Ross, Louis Pasteur, Jonas Salk, etc. Those guys were Microbiologist which notable discovery and inventions that keep saving the world till today.

Your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory
Is your ass jealous of the amount of shit that just came out of your mouth?
You must have been born on a highway because that's where most accidents happen
Actually, your mother is a dumb fvck for not swallowing a soulless person like you. My comment wasn't meant to make sense you stupid worthless bottom-feeder, it was meant to reply to you at the level of stupidity you exist at so that you might actually understand it with the primitive sub-par IQ you attempt to interact with. Is that better for you fucking slowpoke? Or do I need to dumb it down further for a blithering piece of shit zombie like you to understand me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Removes Clothes, Runs Unclad In Utako, Abuja / What Are The Benefits Of Eggovin / Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.