Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,251 members, 7,829,463 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 (37368 Views)

Monkeypox Is Now A Global Health Emergency - WHO DG, Tedros Ghebreyesus / Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus: Young People Are Not Immune From Coronavirus / Coronavirus: "We Are In Uncharted Territory" - Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 9:52am On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
The blame starts from the head. You can apportion blames but do not try to exonerate the incompetent DG.

And when they start petitioning for the removal of the entire executive board, we will take them seriously...
The proverbial rot may begin from the head but if the entire fish is rotten, chopping off the head is political scapegoating BS!

Btw, when will the same “blame starts from the head” be applied to Trump? November perhaps?! grin
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2020
Bahdsypha:

What evidence sef?
The one from unverified sources like the one you posted
they acted based on the findings of Chinese scientists not conspiracy theorists
At that time, the covid-19 was only prevalent in one region of the China..

if it works like that then ebola should have been declared a pandemic because it has a more higher mortality rate sef

Did we have Ebola breaking out in 38 countries? Was Ebola even spreading rapidly in States in Nigeria, let alone the World.

No excuse for this man. The angels smell his incompetency in heaven.

Covid-19 was killing and spreading fast all over the World. Repeated calls from lots of people but he did not act for reasons best known to him.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2020
9jaRealist:

And when they start petitioning for the removal of the entire executive, we will take them seriously...
The proverbial rot may begin from the head but if the entire fish is rotten, chopping off the head is cosmetic BS!

Btw, when will the same “blame starts from the head” be applied to Trump? November perhaps?! grin
>

That is up to you but it does not absolve this man off the harm he caused the World.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Reference(m): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2020
Totally agree. I have been berating him since early February when the virus spread to HongKong. He didn't declare a pandemic until it breached the continent and appeared in Iran then Italy shortly after.

Most of Asia including Taiwan, Vietnam and Singapore were affected but because those countries were in the sphere if influence of China he kept quiet. He is a politician, period and should have been removed since.

Just happy about the news coming out of AstraZenica this morning. The vaccine manufacture/testing is going on simultaneously and will most likely be available before the end of the year and will be offered at cost.

So it is the duty of every person to survive the next six months by proper protective practices. Kudos to the University of Oxford, Virology Research Department. They are the rock stars in this Covid pandemania.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bahdsypha(m): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I would have done ten times better.

https://www.nairaland.com/5658831/coronavirus-travellers-china-lagos-quarantined/1#86224553

This was my comment January, 30, 2020.

While this your DG was preaching self-isolation after that and advising countries to take his self-isolation recipe for disaster as their prevention protocol.

This DG is dumb, with all the information at his disposal, he made a series of repeated errors.

it's like you think the WHO is like a country and the "dg" is like a military dictator.

As the dg of an international organisation with member states(us inclusive) you can't act on unverified sources
You act based on the information from analysts, doctors and scientists..
You can't just wake up one day and declare a global pandemic because you feel so

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bahdsypha(m): 9:56am On Apr 30, 2020
Reference:
Totally agree. I have been berating him since early February when the virus spread to HongKong. He didn't declare a pandemic until it breached the continent and appeared in Iran then Italy shortly after.

Most of Asia including Taiwan, Vietnam and Singapore were affected but because those countries were in the sphere if influence of China he kept quiet. He is a politician, period and should have been removed since.

Just happy about the news coming out of AstraZenica this morning. The vaccine manufacture/testing is going on simultaneously and will most likely be available before the end of the year and will be offered at cost. So it is the duty of every person to survive the next six months by proper protective practices.

Based on what you just said the ebola virus epidemic should have also been declared a pandemic too
afterall it is almost as infectious and has a higher mortality rate

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bahdsypha(m): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Did we have Ebola breaking out in 38 countries? Was Ebola even spreading rapidly in States in Nigeria, let alone the World.

No excuse for this man. The angels smell his incompetency in heaven.

Covid-19 was killing and spreading fast all over the World. Repeated calls from lots of people but he did not act for reasons best known to him.

0 deaths outside mainland China

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2020
Bahdsypha:

it's like you think the WHO is like a country and the "dg" is like a military dictator.

As the dg of an international organisation with member states(us inclusive) you can't act on unverified sources
You act based on the information from analysts, doctors and scientists..
You can't just wake up one day and declare a global pandemic because you feel so

Sorry, I would not be that dumb to go public and make remarks that I know deep down in my heart will lead to the death of thousands of people.

Instead, advice for alertness of all countries in preparation for pandemic breakout, while asking China for complete access to ground one site for thorough inspection. The review will decide the next line of action.

Get the team in line than making dumb remarks and leading people to their graves.

The man should go immediately.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Urchman200: 9:58am On Apr 30, 2020
Bahdsypha:

There are incompetent leaders in this world, the Nigerian president is one of them but Dr. tederos Ghebreyesus is not incompetent.

You also have the mentality of an average Nigerian, how would you declare him incompetent without knowing why he acted the way he did

he did what he had to do at the right time l..he declared this a pandemic when they were 0 deaths outside mainland China so how is it his fault that trump and some other world leaders mismanaged the situation in their country
u and I knows that it was already a pandemic before Dr TEDEROS declared it's to the world, I think that is where the problem started from? Thier is something fishy about his relationship with China, let try to understand that, China is toying with rest of the world, an organisation trusted by the whole world is hobnobbing with a country that the world is seeing to be complicit in this whole saga. I think those calling for his sack is right, I joined by calling for his prosecution,this has really caused the universe a lot,humanity is on trial seriously.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2020
Bahdsypha:

0 deaths outside mainland China

Massive spread outside China of a disease that were killing people in China in their hundreds
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 9:59am On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
That is up to you but it does not absolve this man off the harm he caused the World.

The man did no harm to the world...
WHO warned the ENTIRE WORLD of Covid last December.

At that time, there was ZERO recorded case and ZERO deaths outside of China...
Several countries (S.Korea, Singapore, etc.) took aggressive steps while the likes of Trump and Boris pooh-poohed it.

WHO acts on the best-available scientific information...
Others believe that if we just inject folks with bleach and disinfectant, we will rid the world of Covid-19! SMH
>

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bahdsypha(m): 10:01am On Apr 30, 2020
infini771:
No they are pro-China
How are they pro-china? because the man that said we should drink disinfectants said so
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by bakescos01: 10:03am On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:
Being a leader is not easy i swear.

Who would have thought this pandemic would snowball into this catastrophic extent?

Tedros is working for the Chinese government, his hands are not clean. Taiwan wrote him late December that Coronavirus can transfer from human to human and he ignored but admit after a month. Madagascar called WHO to come for examining and laughing of there Coronavirus herb but they never showed up. When he was a minister of health in Ethiopia(Tedros) he covered cholera out break twice and that killed a lot of his country people in Ethiopia. This man really can’t be trusted. He needs to step down to avert being jailed after thorough investigation.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:04am On Apr 30, 2020
9jaRealist:

The man did no harm to the world...
WHO warned the ENTIRE WORLD of Covid last December.

At that time, there was ZERO recorded case and ZERO deaths outside of China...
Several countries (S.Korea, Singapore, etc.) took aggressive steps while the likes of Trump and Boris pooh-poohed it.

WHO acts on the best-available scientific information...
Others believe that if we just inject folks with bleach and disinfectant, we will rid the world of Covid-19! SMH
>

Stop making this thing about Trump. This is about the incompetence of the DG. As you are stating, other countries took aggressive steps, ignoring the downplay of the DG. Yet you are trying to exonerate his incompetence.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 10:04am On Apr 30, 2020
Urchman200:
u and I knows that it was already a pandemic before Dr TEDEROS declared it's to the world, I think that is where the problem started from? Thier is something fishy about his relationship with China, let try to understand that, China is toying with rest of the world, an organisation trusted by the whole world is hobnobbing with a country that the world is seeing to be complicit in this whole saga. I think those calling for his sack is right, I joined by calling for his prosecution,this has really caused the universe a lot,humanity is on trial seriously.

The sophistry of semantics...
‘Pandemic’ is a specific term and WHO declared a pandemic when available data necessitated it.

Meanwhile, WHO issued a PUBLIC ALERT of Covid-19 in December LAST YEAR...
Several nations immediately took action (S.Korea, Singapore, etc.), while the Petition-Hawkers and Blame-Birds snoozed.
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Urchman200: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2020
awesomely:

Kindly read again and highlight where I said the guy should continue.

His resignation is none of my concern, yes he has failed, and I personally don't think he should occupy that position because he is a misfit.

All I demand for, is finding solution such as vaccine which should be the priority.

I think the mentality you mentioned actually centers around your level of comprehension.
ok ,he failed the world, this pandemic would have been curtailed trust me seriously, had it been Dr TEDEROS open up on time ,movement would have been banned across Asia nations it would have remained with them in China. I pray Africa survived this,particularly Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by bakescos01: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
Typical post of a wailer. Why calling for his head as if na him spread the virus. We are good at looking for who to blame in any unfortunate occurrence angry

Not only us, Australia , USA , France are all planning to sue China and investigate the part which the WHO played in the whole Coronavirus incident.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by infini771: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2020
Bahdsypha:

How are they pro-china?
because the man that said we should drink disinfectants said so

Go to YouTube and watch see how they responded to questions to them by Hong Kong media.

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by studentofTruth: 10:06am On Apr 30, 2020
9jaRealist:

And here comes the Right-Wing racist bigotry...smh undecided
We don’t need secret emails and messages, when the WHO issued a PUBLIC ALERT in December 2019!
>

To poor-minded Africans, everything is about racism. Even with over 200,000 avoidable deaths, you still think racism — God help your case!

No matter how you look at it, the WHO failed, and they're being led by someone. If WHO had advised compulsorily enforced quarantine (not their newly invented sexy words that're never in epidemiology lexicon, "self-quarantine and self-isolate) for anybody with travel history to China and other places with the disease, the world wouldn't be where it is today!

Who will forgo a million dollar contract he's been pursuing for months to self-quarantine when he's not yet showing any symptoms? Even with symptoms, the person will take medications to control them and go get his contact.

That quota system product failed himself, his country, Africa, and the world!

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Bahdsypha(m): 10:08am On Apr 30, 2020
Urchman200:

He only acted with the information from china because the virus was most prevalent in China not because of any relationship with them..
He declared it a pandemic when it had met the criterias for being a pandemic..
you don't declare pandemic because people are telling you to
Have you ever wondered why Ebola was never declared a pandemic? and it had a higher mortality rate

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 10:09am On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
Stop making this thing about Trump. This is about the incompetence of the DG. As you are stating, other countries took aggressive steps, ignoring the downplay of the DG. Yet you are trying to exonerate his incompetence.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time... grin

Since “blame starts from the head”, let’s extend it to ALL responsible heads...
After all, Covid-19 victims are dying in INDIVIDUAL NATIONS and not at the WHO Plaza.

Then again, we can simply skip the sophistry...
And focus instead on the SUBSTANTIVE MOTIVATION behind the petition. SMH
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by bakescos01: 10:09am On Apr 30, 2020
Urchman200:
so the incompetent man should be allowed to continue with his position? The mentality an average Nigerian man.

You are very correct , an average Nigerian is a mediocre and they support mediocracy. They will say they are trying there best and also working on vaccine but as WHO they are suppose to manage the virus crisis in China and make sure it didn’t spread to the whole world .

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Urchman200: 10:12am On Apr 30, 2020
9jaRealist:

The sophistry of semantics...
‘Pandemic’ is a specific term and WHO declared a pandemic when available data necessitated it.

Meanwhile, WHO issued a PUBLIC ALERT of Covid-19 in December LAST YEAR...
Several nations immediately took action (S.Korea, Singapore, etc.), while the Petition-Hawkers and Blame-Birds snoozed.
>
so to you ,Americans and the rest of the world are petition HAWKERS ? Trump has been very active ever since the whole problems started.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by bakescos01: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2020
studentofTruth:
That product of quota system politics failed himself, his country, Africa, and the whole world. Never again should a quota system product head an organization as important as the WHO.

Yeah , he is a total failure. I guess this are part of the reasons the Westerners don’t like putting an African man to head a World agency . They can be easily bought.

2 Likes

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by bakescos01: 10:15am On Apr 30, 2020
Kenobzee:
so will sacking him end the pandemic?

Sacking him will make sure that such will never repeat itself and for not allowing the WHO in Madagascar to go examine there Coronavirus cure herbs that speaks some volume. They are probably hiding something.

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by Roon9(m): 10:17am On Apr 30, 2020
Elove1:
The man is incompetent like one here, who values cows than humans.

That Kano promises are strictly meant for cows

'I will never let you down my cows'

Maybe the cows are now worried
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 10:23am On Apr 30, 2020
bakescos01:
Yeah , he is a total failure. I guess this are part of the reasons the Westerners don’t like putting an African man to head a World agency . They can be easily bought.
studentofTruth:
To poor-minded Africans, everything is about racism. Even with over 200,000 avoidable deaths, you still think racism — God help your case!

No matter how you look at it, the WHO failed, and they're being led by someone. If WHO had advised compulsorily enforced quarantine (not their newly invented sexy words that're never in epidemiology lexicon, "self-quarantine and self-isolate) for anybody with travel history to China and other places with the disease, the world wouldn't be where it is today!

That quota system product failed himself, his country, Africa, and the world!

If it quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck...
Perhaps YOU are the “quota system product” at your job, but the WHO DG is not!

You apparently cannot help the racist bigotry that you have swallowed hook-line-and-sinker from your largely bigoted Right-Wing trolls (in the classic ”repeat after me” cram-and-regurgitate methodology that your colonial masters bequeathed upon you in the name of ‘education’), but the present WHO DG was elected by the entire member states from among several other candidates (including at least 3 Europeans), and there’s been absolutely NO suggestion (and of course absolutely NO evidence) that he was anything but eminently qualified. Furthermore, since his election in 2016 (almost 4 years ago), not a single person, organization nor country has even so much as ventured that he was doing anything but a competent (if not even outstanding) job - until the Dotard in the White House and his largely-bigoted Right-Wing Numpties.

Anyway, it’s one thing for bleach-guzzling right-wingers to spew their usual disgusting drivel...
But (to be brutally-honest) rather sad to see supposedly-educated Africans simply cramming-and-regurgitating same GARBAGE!
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by bakescos01: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2020
membranus:

Give us proofs of all your allegations above against the man, or else there are just puffs of air.

Don't join the multitude to oppress a helpless man.

Helpless man indeed. Go and make your research about how he cover up cholera twice in Ethiopia when he was the minister of health and cause many death. Taiwan wrote to him in December that the virus transfer from human to human but he did nothing about it till after a month. Tedros hands are not clean.

Try to do a research of him on your own and you will discover he isn’t an helpless man but a corrupt and selfish person. He never said anything while Africans are being attacked in China . He will never stand for anyone you guys better know that.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by 9jaRealist: 10:30am On Apr 30, 2020
Urchman200:
so to you ,Americans and the rest of the world are petition HAWKERS ? Trump has been very active ever since the whole problems started.

Yes, he’s been “active” suggesting that folks ingest bleach and disinfectants...
Been “active” saying that Covid was a hoax, would disappear in a couple of weeks, and the US would be open by Easter.

Being “active” doesn’t mean jumping in front of TV cameras and spew rubbish...
But actually actively DOING the things that is required to effectively curtail the spread and morbidity of the Covid virus.
>
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by bakescos01: 10:33am On Apr 30, 2020
Bahdsypha:

You know when the virus was still limited to China, they were reports from Chinese scientists that corona virus could not be transmissible between humans
W.H.O acted based on the made available to them by the Chinese government...they couldn't have managed the situation any better

W.H.O also declared this a pandemic when they were less than 100 cases and 0 deaths outside mainland China, they warned countries of its dangers then...so what are you saying?
Trump is just looking for who to take the blame for his incompetence....he has blamed democrats, the "fake news" as he calls them, W.H.O, he might even blame Nigeria soon..lol

Almost all the countries in the world have WHO in it and the primary duty of WHO is to protect life. They were suppose to investigate and not just believe whatever China said. The world know that the Chinese are not plain and keeps dirty secrets. Even a kid knows that.
Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by DonTattaglia: 10:33am On Apr 30, 2020
Anybody who thinks Corona virus will be totally eradicated soon from the earth surface is a great joker. It can only be controlled and contained by nations with committed &formidable health services. I never knew till this COVID-19 saga that W.H.O is only an entity of politico-medical financial contractors who only rely on scientific research & information provided by individual countries without any strong investigative forum.. I was mistaken by thinking that this global health authority supervises, regulates and provides standard scientific research with real data output & results that directs, guides and guards the world as it relates to global health..Now I know better!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 by TemmyT002(m): 10:33am On Apr 30, 2020
Trailblazer1:
Corona Virus is like an acid test for top office holders.

It cuts you up and shows the whole world your true content.

It has shown that Sanwo Olu could eventually be more useful than a pontus Pilate.

It has shown that everything is politics for Ganduje.

It has shown that Buhari is irredeemably useless.

It has shown that WHO doesn't have the idea or expertise to produce a vaccine as we previously believed but only active in the media

Lmao
Nice analysis.
Now, what has it shown about you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

27-Year-Old Ronald Who Has Never Had Erection Undergoes Surgery In Abuja(Photos) / Female Hygiene- Tips And Tricks To Have A Fresh Kitty! / What Are The Benefits Of Eggovin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.