Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,615 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? (87662 Views)

What Is The Law On Overtaking Police Convoy? Was I Wrong? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Burgerlomo: 1:50am On May 05, 2020
All of them are good drivers because they're still maintaining their lane. cool
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Smartben123456: 2:38am On May 05, 2020
2 very wrong and his/her driving licence should be seized and send for one month training.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by miniziter(m): 2:40am On May 05, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:
Many olodos wey no even get bicycle go say 3 and 2.

Actually, it's just one that's wrong.... (3)

How can you say 2 is not wrong? Is he not supposed to watch out for oncoming vehicles before making attempt to overtake?
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by ARAGON22(m): 2:40am On May 05, 2020
D photographer
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by jahlove4jah: 3:05am On May 05, 2020
1 & 4 are maintaining their respective lanes. Hence 3 & 2 are the initiating overtaking . in this instance 3 is wring because it will be easy for 2 to finish and still maintain his lane because if the fact that he is descending a hilly terrain than 3 who is ascending.

So 3 is wrong.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Fajoe2020: 3:06am On May 05, 2020
If na naija, na 3 &2
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Maths125(m): 4:05am On May 05, 2020
Jarus:

Unfortunately, I don’t give people job. I don’t work in HR.

I only share information I know on passing job interviews based on my experience and experience of others.

Thanks
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Hardestknock55: 4:06am On May 05, 2020
Based on Nigeria system, 2 is very wrong. Why? He started the overtaking process from a bend with zebra crossing on the road. And under normal driving ethics, 1. You don't overtake at bends. 2. You must also reduce speed drastically when approaching zebra crossing.

Though 3 is at fault as well but the offence gravity of 2 is much.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by alasan007(m): 4:19am On May 05, 2020
patorial:

Simply accept the fact that you need to go back to driving school, if truly you live in Nigeria
grin grin smiley Am I wrong? Go check high way code
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by alasan007(m): 4:21am On May 05, 2020
patorial:

Simply accept the fact that you need to go back to driving school, if truly you live in Nigeria
grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by cutepaul(m): 6:06am On May 05, 2020
Mynewdawn15:
Based on Nigeria system of driving 3 is wrong, you are not supposed to overtake when the road line is Solid.

3 is wrong.........
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by cutepaul(m): 6:07am On May 05, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
tongue Let us see those who are good drivers.

3 is wrong
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Nobody: 6:13am On May 05, 2020
All the drivers will die, they re all heading for a frontal collision.

Looks like super imposed images to me.

How did you take the pix? Where you in a chopper, tree, or did you take Benin airways?
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by ayocool(m): 6:20am On May 05, 2020
1 & 4 are overtaking, they are both faster than 3 and 4 i would think. Then 1 is wrong for overtaking when the road line is not broken
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Zealoy(m): 6:47am On May 05, 2020
Well I guess they are still alive though, cuz there's no way that truck (3) can over take that long vehicle (2) in short distance
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by KGREAT(m): 6:47am On May 05, 2020
majamajic:

He started over taking from a straight line ,

On dotted lines u can over take
Good thinking
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by princenaira(m): 7:21am On May 05, 2020
dawnomike:
3 and 2

My submission too
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Amazing007(m): 8:01am On May 05, 2020
esiri4jesu:
And a bend
Let's say he hits gas just immediately after the bend ...

1 Like

Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Drizzy5001(m): 8:04am On May 05, 2020
2 im no get respect for bigger cars, wey senior am
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by majamajic(m): 8:05am On May 05, 2020
miniziter:

How can you say 2 is not wrong? Is he not supposed to watch out for oncoming vehicles before making attempt to overtake?

Only one wrong is 3 ,

2 was not wrong , he did his over taking from a dotted line , and he was about completing his over take before 3 now put head from a straight line ,

Over taking from any straight line is wrong , u can't even change lane on a straight line , 3 was only one wrong , remember the question , who is wrong ? It means one person , and it's 3 , one person can cause accident involving 5 cars , that does not mean that all 5 drivers were wrong

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Hustle2flex(m): 8:41am On May 05, 2020
If in real life,it's no longer about who is right or wrong but to salvage life's.To avert the impending head on collision,it will be in the interest of bus 2 to slow down(because of it's size) and go behind bus 1 while bus 3 do the same and go behind bus 4.that way the accident will be averted.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by walozanga(m): 9:23am On May 05, 2020
maynation:

2 is even worse.
It is wrong to overtake in blind spot areas.
Sharp curves and spots with bends.

U are 100% ryt. I toke a closer view

1 Like

Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by bdek(m): 9:25am On May 05, 2020
so, nobody noticed that this is right-hand drive country
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Franking: 11:42am On May 05, 2020
3 is wrong because the driver is overtaking where the line on the road is is thick. U can only overtake where the line on the road is not continuous.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Alabaintprice(m): 1:57pm On May 05, 2020
Number 3 is very wrong...

How can a trailer be faster than a luxury bus....
Using Nigeria as a case study.

Chance is zero in overtaking....

Then number 2.....
The idiot feels he can apply fast and furious on a very short distance knowing that his van isn't so fast and at same time might not be as fast as the luxury bus ..

3 and 2
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by charlsecy(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2020
maynation:
2 is even worse.
It is wrong to overtake in blind spot areas.
Sharp curves and spots with bends.
People even liked this trash. Worst comment on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by rossi49ja(m): 3:48pm On May 05, 2020
maestroferddi:
Both overtaking drivers are guilty.

It is not merely about right of way, an overtaking driver must that he has a reasonable space/distance from both forward lanes to avoid a collision.

From the position of the vehicles, there might possibly be two collisions...
bro, that's how we flunk exams. The question here is, who is wrong on the overtaking and not who is at the risk of collision. 3 is the only wrong vehicle here.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by rossi49ja(m): 3:52pm On May 05, 2020
socialmediaman:

2 can overtake with an oncoming vehicle?
yeah, he can overtake because he is still within his right of way. If he succeeds is another issue but the question here is who is doing a wrong overtaking.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by maestroferddi: 4:27pm On May 05, 2020
rossi49ja:
bro, that's how we flunk exams. The question here is, who is wrong on the overtaking and not who is at the risk of collision. 3 is the only wrong vehicle here.
Your likes typify the tag "Averaginus'...

You cram handouts and regurgitate what you were fed verbatim.

Smart students answer the question and then extrapolate to real life....They display ingenuity copiously enough to earn the instructor's top marks.

#Think Out Of The Box.

#Leave A Unique Mark.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by chiefbuchiV12(m): 5:36pm On May 05, 2020
Memberclub:
damn nigga you say this with confidence
Check videos of buses in those countries mentioned on youtube
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Collyno82(m): 6:13pm On May 05, 2020
nnamdibig:
if 1 and 4 are overtaking, all of them are wrong.
2 and 3 on the wrong lane, 1 and 4 overtaking from the wrong side(impatient).
are you typing from London?
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by rossi49ja(m): 12:17am On May 06, 2020
maestroferddi:
Your likes typify the tag "Averaginus'...

You cram handouts and regurgitate what you were fed verbatim.

Smart students answer the question and then extrapolate to real life....They display ingenuity copiously enough to earn the instructor's top marks.

#Think Out Of The Box.

#Leave A Unique Mark.
Thank you Prof ITK. A visit to your page fed me all i need to know about your person. Please ignore my posts next time. Thanks again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2016 Mercedes Maybach S600 Emperor- N750m Car For Only 10 People In The World. / Rolls Royce In Dilly & Fifi Emenyiora Living Room (Photos, Video) / The Man Who Has The Largest Car Collection In The World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.