Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? (87596 Views)

What Is The Law On Overtaking Police Convoy? Was I Wrong? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / For Drivers Only: Who's At Fault Here? Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by GoodGovernance: 10:07pm On May 04, 2020
9icetoo:

You need to go back to driving school

He is very correct.

You should probably replace him at the driving school.

2 wrongly initiated its overtaking at a bend,obviously,for it to have gained a parallel position with the vehicle 4.

3's case is too glaring,overtaking over a solid line,whether it saw the other ''overtaker'' coming or not.Perhaps got confused with the two guys at the back(or is it mere picture?) at the back of vehicle 1.

If the two guys facing us at the back are real,then vehicle 1 too should share in the fault.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by 6digitscomrade: 10:30pm On May 04, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:
Many olodos wey no even get bicycle go say 3 and 2.

Actually, it's just one that's wrong.... (3)
3 is an assassin like we call agbegiz doz days in benin once dey crash baba lives must lost
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by actright2(m): 10:31pm On May 04, 2020
Your head dey there.
Mynewdawn15:
Based on Nigeria system of driving 3 is wrong, you are not supposed to overtake when the road line is Solid.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Jefersoun: 10:33pm On May 04, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
tongue Let us see those who are good drivers.
The only wrong vehicle there is number 4. Overtaking when close to an incoming vehicle. Except it's a one way road.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by NaijadrivaCars: 10:35pm On May 04, 2020
KingRabota:
Are they in RHD country. Because that is what it seems to be
Because without knowing that all answers will be unadulterated speculation

If you know how to drive, this picture answers this question you are asking.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by NaijadrivaCars: 10:36pm On May 04, 2020
KingRabota:
Are they in RHD country. Because that is what it seems to be
Because without knowing that all answers will be unadulterated speculation

The picture answers that question, if you sabi drive.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by bluebay(m): 10:40pm On May 04, 2020
With the Look of things, Seems The Vehicles are Right Hand drives so, i am certain that both Vehicle 1 and 4 got the Issue but i can focus More on Vehicle #4 because the Position of the Vehicle tells he deliberately Rushed to Overtake while the other Overtaking vehicle #1 is Stable on its Track.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by alizma: 10:45pm On May 04, 2020
nnamdibig:
if 1 and 4 are overtaking, all of them are wrong.
2 and 3 on the wrong lane, 1 and 4 overtaking from the wrong side(impatient).
You don't have right to say any of the vehicle is wrong because you don't even know the vehicles that are overtaking.
Only one vehicle is wrong and that is 3.
1 and 4 and the vehicles on their normal lane while 2 and 3 are overtaking. Looking at the line on the middle of the road, you will notice that the line beside 3 is not broken, this means a vehicle should just keep to it's lane and not overtake even if the road seems clear but on the other side, the line besides 2 is broken, this means a vehicle driver can overtake at that point is the road is clear enough to overtake. Mind you there is no accident yet so our major focus is on the rule of overtaking while driving
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Pablodtotti: 10:51pm On May 04, 2020
No 1 is wrong
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Cowbell521: 10:52pm On May 04, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
tongue Let us see those who are good drivers.
Na 1 and 4
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 04, 2020
Maths125:

Hi Jarus, I have been following you for some years now, even before I gained admission into the University. Now I have finished School and also finished service, I need job I am getting depressed day by day. Pls help me, I know you can help me. I will be glad to hear from you

Unfortunately, I don’t give people job. I don’t work in HR.

I only share information I know on passing job interviews based on my experience and experience of others.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by geesilver(m): 10:55pm On May 04, 2020
in life overtaking is allowed so no one is at fault here
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by KingRabota: 10:56pm On May 04, 2020
Maybe I don't know how to drive.
Maybe I drive better than you.
Before jumping to conclusions and finger pointing look closely at the the way vehicles 1 and 4 are swerved .
I rest my case

NaijadrivaCars:

The picture answers that question, if you sabi drive.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Memberclub(m): 10:57pm On May 04, 2020
chiefbuchiV12:
1 should be the faulty driver there, from the look of things the picture looks like some thing from Indonesia, Pakistan or India, there interstate bus drivers are maniacs
damn nigga
you say this with confidence
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by kingk(m): 11:12pm On May 04, 2020
maynation:

2 is even worse.
It is wrong to overtake in blind spot areas.
Sharp curves and spots with bends.

Pls sir, 2 has the right to overtake cos he's seeing clearly. moreover, the white line shows that he can overtake cos it's a broken line.... The culprit here is numbe 3, it left the no overtaking white line drawn. Am not surprised cos I see many drivers doing this same mistakes cos of ignorant.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by VKconcept(m): 11:13pm On May 04, 2020
Eulalia:
1 & 4. from the way they are both tilted you can tell.

You hit it right, 1&4 is obviously coming behind to overtake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by rashrockalabx(m): 11:26pm On May 04, 2020
1 is at fault...cuz the backside of d car looks like front view...3 thinks d car is coming it's lay not knowing d car is going grin
NB. check 1 very well u will see wat am talking about
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by NaijadrivaCars: 11:26pm On May 04, 2020
KingRabota:
Maybe I don't know how to drive.
Maybe I drive better than you.
Before jumping to conclusions and finger pointing look closely at the the way vehicles 1 and 4 are swerved .
I rest my case

grin that swerved vehicle should tell you the direction na.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by olamilarks(m): 11:29pm On May 04, 2020
1 and 4 at fault here, lorries move slowly and it's clearly shown that buses 1 and 4 are in the process of overtaking. photo is taken in country that drives on the right!
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Tom05: 11:37pm On May 04, 2020
1234.. they are all wrong. What are looking for on the road when inter states movement has been barn .. grin grin
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by debbydee(f): 11:54pm On May 04, 2020
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by 9icetoo(m): 12:09am On May 05, 2020
alasan007:

1 is wrong in Nigeria you can’t over take from the right hand side only if you know the highway code...
You need to go to driving school too.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Successkay12(m): 12:10am On May 05, 2020
2 is wrong..... E overtake from shape bend
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by 9icetoo(m): 12:13am On May 05, 2020
ajl:

That comment this individual made was in response to someone who said only vehicle 3 was wrong. So, he gave a right comment that vehicle 2 was even worse because the person he responded to already said vehicle 2 was wrong. You make sense of that.
You need to go back to driving to make sense of that. They will teach you better than I would. Trust me
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by 9icetoo(m): 12:15am On May 05, 2020
GoodGovernance:

He is very correct.

You should probably replace him at the driving school.

2 wrongly initiated its overtaking at a bend,obviously,for it to have gained a parallel position with the vehicle 4.

3's case is too glaring,overtaking over a solid line,whether it saw the other ''overtaker'' coming or not.Perhaps got confused with the two guys at the back(or is it mere picture?) at the back of vehicle 1.

If the two guys facing us at the back are real,then vehicle 1 too should share in the fault.
You need to go back to driving and take comprehension lessons too.
Nigeria needs help I swear.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by abimic(m): 12:19am On May 05, 2020
Well as a sensible driver, i check to see the road is clear before over taking, see far and wide, and i do that sharply . Ordinarily, white lines indicate it should be a one way traffic while yellow is a two way traffic, so this setting is wrong. This is a two way traffic and should have yellow lines, and when lines are not broken, maintain your lane and direction, don't change lanes. so for Nigeria, 1 and 4 are in their lanes, 2 is doing safe, while 3 is so wrong, but one person stupidity can make all of them accident casualties.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by CJ310(m): 12:34am On May 05, 2020
3 is the only one wrong for attempting to overtake on an unbroken line.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by KingRabota: 12:55am On May 05, 2020
My conclusions are based on the direction of swerve
And that is why I ask if if it's a LHD or RHD.
Because as an accident investigator.
That is the kind of evidence that you will look at before confirming guilt or otherwise.

By the way look at the quality if that highway and the road markings. I'm still trying to imagine which road in Nigeria quality like so

NaijadrivaCars:

grin that swerved vehicle should tell you the direction na.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Cammo: 12:55am On May 05, 2020
While I may say 3 might just be one of those careless Dangote truck drivers 2 is completely stupid.
3 still has a chance to slide behind 1 but why is 2 trying to overtake under this dangerous situation?
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by Sibetolo: 1:13am On May 05, 2020
1 the driver initiate to over take on a solid line which is wrong.
Re: Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? by oyekan1997(m): 1:34am On May 05, 2020
9icetoo:

You need to go back to driving school

Weyrey grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2016 Mercedes Maybach S600 Emperor- N750m Car For Only 10 People In The World. / Rolls Royce In Dilly & Fifi Emenyiora Living Room (Photos, Video) / The Man Who Has The Largest Car Collection In The World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.