Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams (34670 Views)

Buhari Celebrates Ex-president Obasanjo At 79 / Governor Okowa's Message To Obasanjo At 79 / APC Senators Fight As Truce Meeting Fails Again - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 28, 2011
Kobojunkie why not excuse yourself from this thread if you have nothing constructive to add. Just nitpicking as usual at another person's posts whilst completely the wider point F Stranger made.
In other words the system still produces writers, scientists and engineers in large numbers who excel in their chosen professions.
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by fstranger1: 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2011
tensor777:

Kobojunkie why not excuse yourself from this thread if you have nothing constructive to add. Just nitpicking as usual at another person's posts whilst completely the wider point F Stranger made.
In other words the system still produces writers, scientists and engineers in large numbers who excel in their chosen professions.

Her blind criticism of the system is becoming ridiculous and unacceptable.
How can a Nigerian hate the system so much?

I am beginning to think that. . .
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by isalegan2: 3:41pm On Jan 28, 2011
tensor777:

Kobojunkie why not excuse yourself from this thread if you have nothing constructive to add. 

isale_gan2:

Not a fan.  Always sounds like she hates Nigeria and black people.  I don't read her posts.

Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2011
repost. . .

misaac:

I'm just wondering, is it totally right to say we have produced those guys? Are you sure these guys would be who they are now if they had not left Nigeria? If Nigeria was so good, why did they have to leave? Could it be because something was/is lacking?

Honestly, I don't think our system produced many of those we consider the great in Nigeria today. Looking at their education record, it is all too clear that they were not produced by the Nigerian system. They may have been helped along but definitely not produced, not according to wiki records of them.

Also, the education system has witnessed a decline, so it is obnoxious to state that the very system available back in the 1960's - 1970's is what we still have today. We know this is not true from the fact that the government has changed it so many times since then, and I believe there are plans to change it yet again.
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Atreides(f): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2011
Damn so this thread is still alive? @Fstranger,you don try oh. .
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Jan 28, 2011
repost. . .

misaac:

I'm just wondering, is it totally right to say we have produced those guys? Are you sure these guys would be who they are now if they had not left Nigeria? If Nigeria was so good, why did they have to leave? Could it be because something was/is lacking?

Honestly, I don't think our system produced many of those we consider the great in Nigeria today. Looking at their education record, it is all too clear that they were not produced by the Nigerian system. They may have been helped along but definitely not produced, not according to wiki records of them.

Also, the education system has witnessed a decline, so it is obnoxious to state that the very system available back in the 1960's - 1970's is what we still have today. We know this is not true from the fact that the government has changed it so many times since then, and I believe there are plans to change it yet again.
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by fstranger1: 10:43pm On Jan 28, 2011
WTF is wrong with you Kobo?
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Jenifa1: 1:22am On Jan 29, 2011
fstranger1:

How can a Nigerian hate the system so much?

we are all Nigerians here so why can't we criticize things when we see a problem?
The nigerian public school system is horrible depending on your experience. But to me, majority of students don't get quality education.

many of the "successful" people mentioned here went to private or religious schools. Or they went to federal schools. Many got part of their education abroad. etc. That's what kobojunkie is trying to point out. Or they were exceptional students in their schools.

now if we talk about some of the typical public schools in lagos for example:
ayetoro
Eva Adelaja
Gbagada
Ijeshatedo
Itire community
Obele community
Omole
Oke Odo
Millenium
Omiyale
Itu-Agan
Omiyale
. . .and many more.

etc . Now you don't want to wish these secondary schools on your kids or grandkids. lol
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by fstranger1: 1:36am On Jan 29, 2011
Jenifa_:

we are all Nigerians here so why can't we criticize things when we see a problem?
The nigerian public school system is horrible depending on your experience. But to me, majority of students don't get quality education.

many of the "successful" people mentioned here went to private or religious schools. Or they went to federal schools. Many got part of their education abroad. etc. That's what kobojunkie is trying to point out. Or they were exceptional students in their schools.

now if we talk about some of the typical public schools in lagos for example:
ayetoro
Eva Adelaja
Gbagada
Ijeshatedo
Itire community
Obele community
Omole
. . .and many more.

etc . Now you don't want to wish these secondary schools on your kids or grandkids. lol

What exactly are you talking about?
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Jenifa1: 1:40am On Jan 29, 2011
Eva Adelaja is actually one of the better ones on the list.
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by fstranger1: 1:46am On Jan 29, 2011
Jenifa_:

your sister must be very smart. And Eva Adelaja is actually one of the better ones on the list.

Look i know everything about Eva Adelaja and me sef I went to really shitty schools and not to brag, i am not doing badly!

Kobo is just too corrosive for my liking!
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Jenifa1: 1:51am On Jan 29, 2011
Omiyale - i'm not sure if this is the actual name or the nickname 'cause the school is known for being literally inhabitable esp. after rains
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by fstranger1: 1:52am On Jan 29, 2011
Jenifa_:

your sister must be very smart. And Eva Adelaja is actually one of the better ones on the list.

And again, i know a lot about Gbagada.

Not as bad as you make it sound.

Anyway, which one of the listed did you attend, Omo Latvia?
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Jenifa1: 1:53am On Jan 29, 2011
fstranger1:

Look i know everything about Eva Adelaja and me sef I went to really shitty schools and not to brag, i am not doing badly!

Kobo is just too corrosive for my liking!

I don't think you went to a shitty school if you went to a federal school. lol
and of course I went to a shittier school than Eva Adelaja but I am not doing badly. But I know for a fact that I can't say the same for majority of my classmates back then and I know it's not their fault. that's the point

like I said, gbagada girls is one of the better one on the list actually.
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by fstranger1: 1:55am On Jan 29, 2011
Jenifa_:

I don't think you went to a shitty school if you went to a federal school. lol
and of course I went to a shittier school than Eva Adelaja but I am not doing badly. But I know for a fact that I can't say the same for majority of my classmates back then and I know it's not their fault. that's the point

like I said, gbagada girls is one of the better one on the list actually.

Who told you I went to a federal school?
I went to a shyyty state school in Osun-state.
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Jenifa1: 1:57am On Jan 29, 2011
so why did you post it?
you could have just said that you knew somebody. I will delete it if you delete Ileke-idi's personal pictures from your computer  tongue

at least it was a state school. Mine was a local government school  lipsrsealed
Tensor went to a federal school I think. I thought it was you
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by fstranger1: 1:58am On Jan 29, 2011
Jenifa_:

so why did you post it?
you could have just said that you knew somebody. I will delete it if you delete Ileke-idi's personal pictures from your computer  tongue

at least it was a state school. Mine was a local government school  lipsrsealed
Tensor went to a federal school I think. I thought it was you

Done!

Please!
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Jenifa1: 1:59am On Jan 29, 2011
thank your lucky stars i'm a nice person.
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by SEFAGO(m): 2:03am On Jan 29, 2011
Wow na wa, school dey lagos no be small, what are all these schools. Never heard of them b4

Abeg jenifa expose fstranger for a bit I want to meet him, he seems like my kind of guy. We could both swagger together
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by SEFAGO(m): 2:04am On Jan 29, 2011
Jenifa_:

thank your lucky stars i'm a nice person.

Thats respectful of you, and I like people who respect the privacy of others kiss kiss kiss

However, like fstranger said you are prolly a fake nigerian or an oyibo for that matter
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Jenifa1: 2:06am On Jan 29, 2011
SEFAGO:

However, like fstranger said you are prolly a fake nigerian or an oyibo for that matter

thank u thank u  cool

I'm Latvian. I already told fstranger abt that. just interested in Nigeria for a private reason  wink

SEFAGO:

Wow na wa, school dey lagos no be small, what are all these schools. Never heard of them b4

the type of public schools majority of Lagos students in the system actually attend.
Did I answer your question?
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by fstranger1: 2:10am On Jan 29, 2011
Jenifa_:

thank u thank u  cool

I'm Latvian. I already told fstranger abt that. just interested in Nigeria for a private reason  wink

the type of public schools majority of Lagos students in the system actually attend.
Did I answer your question?

But seriously which secondary school did you attend? Morocco?
I cant think of a secondary school that is worse than Morocco in Lagos?
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Jenifa1: 2:11am On Jan 29, 2011
which one is morocco in lagos?
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by fstranger1: 2:14am On Jan 29, 2011
Jenifa_:

which one is morocco in lagos?

Ok never mind?

So which one did you attend?
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by SEFAGO(m): 2:15am On Jan 29, 2011
Yeah to be honest I had already seen kobojunkies point but its fun to insult her haha. Everyone on nairaland does. However, if she goes missing most of us will be start making threads about where is she? Isnt Nairaland, one big cute family?

I agree that there are tons of really crappy secondary schools but to be honest you can still comeout of these schools unscathed (LOL maybe not come to think of it) Interesting, I had a friend who wanted to set up a teach for America type program in Nigeria, but i told him it would not work anyways though its a wonderful idea. I am a big fan of education in general and what would make me happy is the chance to have an impact on the Nigerian educational sector (cough cough Minister of Finance 2031) but hopefully things will be better then and no child will be left behind.

Nigerian schools are not that bad the have trained some of the best of us. What can I say, I am a proud product of the Nigerian system myself and I would not trade it for secondary school in Eton, Andover or Le Rosey, but would definitely try to send my kids to one of these schools grin.
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Jenifa1: 2:17am On Jan 29, 2011
Population in Nigeria is over 150 million. Median age is 19yrs!!! (compared to 36yrs in USA, 42 yrs in Finland)
So majority of Nigerians are actually youths. Shouldn't their education be where the priority shld be?

this is directed at sefago's question about the many schools in Lagos. The schools aren't even enough.  Kobo already made a post about millions of kids who are not getting any education at all (although this is nation wide. not lagos specifically).
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by fstranger1: 2:19am On Jan 29, 2011
SEFAGO:

Yeah to be honest I had already seen kobojunkies point but its fun to insult her haha. Everyone on nairaland does. However, if she goes missing most of us will be start making threads about where is she? Isnt Nairaland, one big cute family?

I agree that there are tons of really crappy secondary schools but to be honest you can still comeout of these schools unscathed (LOL maybe not come to think of it) Interesting, I had a friend who wanted to set up a teach for America type program in Nigeria, but i told him it would not work anyways though its a wonderful idea. I am a big fan of education in general and what would make me happy is the chance to have an impact on the Nigerian educational sector (cough cough Minister of Finance 2031) but hopefully things will be better then and no child will be left behind.

Nigerian schools are not that bad the have trained some of the best of us. What can I say, I am a proud product of the Nigerian system myself and I would not trade it for secondary school in Eton, Andover or Le Rosey, but would definitely try to send my kids to one of these schools grin.

Very Very true.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by SEFAGO(m): 2:28am On Jan 29, 2011
Population in Nigeria is over 150 million. Median age is 19yrs!!! (compared to 36yrs in USA, 42 yrs in Finland)
So majority of Nigerians are actually youths. Shouldn't their education be where the priority shld be?

this is directed at sefago's question about the many schools in Lagos. The schools aren't even enough. Kobo already made a post about millions of kids who are not getting any education at all (although this is nation wide. not lagos specifically).

Yeah, I know- just that I had never heard of those schools. In my younger days the schools I heard of were Greensprings, BIS, loyola, olashore, adesoye, and AIS e.t.c the school for rich kids until I went to a secondary school on the mainland where i discovered that there were other people in Nigeria apart from rich kids. Most of us live in a bubble though you know.

However, I miss Nigeria so much remembering secondary school back home. Funny I hated it so much then. Fela grabbed the true meaning of all Nigerians who are abroad except kobojunkie haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK43iAg9p1w
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by fstranger1: 2:34am On Jan 29, 2011
SEFAGO:

Yeah, I know- just that I had never heard of those schools. In my younger days the schools I heard of were Greensprings, BIS, loyola, olashore, adesoye, and AIS e.t.c the school for rich kids until I went to a secondary  school on the mainland where i discovered that there were other people in Nigeria apart from rich kids. Most of us live in a bubble though you know.

However, I miss Nigeria so much remembering secondary school back home. Funny I hated it so much then. Fela grabbed the true meaning of all Nigerians who are abroad except kobojunkie haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK43iAg9p1w

I cant see shyyt!

Can you please repost the Youtube clip?

So you be real ajebo?

:::SMH:::

I always suspected that. No wonder, you cant speak Yoruba fluently.

Anyway, I once attended a quiz competition with students from Adesoye College  in 1997 at FGGC Ipetumodu and I really wasnt impressed with their representatives. They were good with debates though.

So which secondary school did you attend SEFAGO? Olashore?
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Jenifa1: 2:50am On Jan 29, 2011
SEFAGO:

I agree that there are tons of really crappy secondary schools [b]but to be honest you can still comeout of these schools unscathed (LOL maybe not come to think of it)

I'm glad you put "maybe not"
you cannot spend 6 yrs of your life learning jack squat in a school like mine and come out unscathed. Unless you had a heavy remedial program or something.

If you went to a good quality naija school, it's not bad at all. that's for sure. Students from there are comparable to chinese international students sef. just that fewer students have access to the quality education.
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by fstranger1: 2:52am On Jan 29, 2011
^^^^

I agree

The best schools like the ones SEFAGO attended are comparable to any good school abroad.

But the kind of ones you and I attended arent that great, but they still get the job done to some extent.
Re: 79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams by Jenifa1: 3:07am On Jan 29, 2011
Yeah, I know- just that I had never heard of those schools. In my younger days the schools I heard of were Greensprings, BIS, loyola, olashore, adesoye, and AIS e.t.c the school for rich kids until I went to a secondary  school on the mainland where i discovered that there were other people in Nigeria apart from rich kids. Most of us live in a bubble though you know.

I can relate a bit to this. what sustained me for a while when I moved to US was my quality primary school education - the ones for the rich kids where you actually see famous celebrities coming in to pick up their kids once in a while. lol
it was one of a hell transition going to a secondary school with illiterate omo alatas. And I kid you not when I say many of these secondary school students were illiterate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

What I Spotted During The Pro Buhari Rally In Lagos / 9 Shrines Used By Unknown Gunmen In Anambra Busted. Native Doctors On The Run / Pastor Osinbajo, Sue Jackson Ude, Leave IGP Out Of This - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.