Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus (36372 Views)

US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Coronavirus: NAFDAC Approves Production Of Chloroquine For Clinical Trials / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
edoairways:

Aside itching does CQ has effect?
In people with underlying heart condition it can cause sudden death which in these circumstances likely would be attributed to coronavirus
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by lexy2014: 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
AdmissionGetEas:
Is he a medical doctor?

Must we go the western way.. let's do our own chloroquine Mr Governor

Are u a medical doctor? Is d west using chloroquine?
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
edoairways:

Aside itching does CQ has effect?
Itching is the only side-effect of CQ you know of? That shows how much you know of the drug, and it's contraindications then. At least get all that sorted out first before you jump into this? undecided undecided
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by edoairways: 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
themonk:
Administration of choroquine as treatment for COVID-19 has caused more deaths as reported by FOX news (Before idiots start screaming fake news). Check it online.

Why do you think Trump stopped talking about it?
Have you asked if they were administered properly or you just rely on propaganda media (CNN)
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by edoairways: 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Itching is the only side-effect of CQ you know of? That shows how much you know of the drug, and it's contraindications then. At least get all that sorted out first before you jump into this? undecided undecided
And the question Mr? sad
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by BEEFIE: 9:48pm On Apr 30, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

That's because WHO trusted a dishonest country like China, instead of carrying out investigation themselves, which is what they are being paid by the US to do. They believed everything China tells them, which is unlike WHO under past leadership. Who the hell trusts a commie dictator?

WHO had a team on ground in China
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
edoairways:

And the question Mr? sad

A report out yesterday stated that about 700 Iranians have died of alcohol poisoining, which I suspect may have been from one of their many leaders make a claim as ridiculous as that made here by this Bauchi governor. Oh the world is aware that Trump is an arse, but that ain't no reason to excuse more arses such as he.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by SenecaTheYonger: 9:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
BEEFIE:

WHO had a team on ground in China

WHO has team on ground in almost every country on earth, doesn't mean they did any investigation.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Willie2015: 9:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Very irresponsible statements for a state governor to make.

You should understand better that the big pharmaceuticals.....
Will not allow the use of Chloroquine to sail through ...
How will pharmaceutical companies recoup their research and development (R&grin) costs.....
With simple cheap chloroquine....
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by edoairways: 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

A report out yesterday stated that about 700 Iranians have died of alcohol poisoining, which I suspect may have been from one of their many leaders make a claim as ridiculous as that made here by this Bauchi governor. Oh the world is aware that Trump is an arse, but that ain't no reason to excuse more arses such as he.
So is CQ poisonous?
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
omonnakoda:

I do not know whether diagnosis was based on clinical history or laboratory tests. I want to know . It is a reasonable enquiry.
Science is not about sentiments.
He has a responsibility to write a clear scientific report of what he did exactly including how his patients were tested(name of test etc)
You say regimen is for people who have tested positive?.
Who decided that?When?Where?

The doctor was very clear. Covid-19 Patients. It is a treatment and regimen for Covid-19 patients. Unless there is another way to be a Covid-19 patient without viral infection.

Secondly, he is carrying out treatment, not trials because he says time is too short for all that and lives is at stake. He has listed the numbers of patients he has attended to. And explained how he went about treating them.

It was not a clinical trial but treatment for patients. He even went as far as citing sources he used to come up with the treatment.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The Bauchi governor never said people should go self medicating but gave his Covid-19 medical team that treated him of the virus to go ahead and treat with the drug.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
Willie2015:

You should understand better that the big pharmaceuticals.....
Will not allow the use of Chloroquine to sail through ...
How will pharmaceutical companies recoup their research and development (R&grin) costs.....
With simple cheap chloroquine....

As soon as I saw the news of chloroquine not working, I knew the report was a lie. When I heard one of the researchers was someone bankrolled by one of the top pharmaceuticals, I knew it was a deliberate plan to diminish the call for chloroquine.

With news coming out that it was not a clinical study as such but a treatment on dying veterans, My suspicion was confirmed.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
edoairways:

So is CQ poisonous?
Unfortunately, to some out there, it is nothing better.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 10:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

The doctor was very clear. Covid-19 Patients. It is a treatment and regimen for Covid-19 patients. Unless there is another way to be a Covid-19 patient without viral infection.

Secondly, he is carrying out treatment, not trials because he says time is too short for all that and lives is at stake. He has listed the numbers of patients he has attended to. And explained how he went about treating them.

It was not a clinical trial but treatment for patients. He even went as far as citing sources he used to come up with the treatment.

Very clear where?.
Share with me
Very clear to whom
Diagnosis may be presumptive based on history or definitive based on positive test results. He did not specify
There is only one way of being clear Publish a paper

He was not treating hospital patients so that claim of time being short is rubbish. These were patients in their own homes the whole time.

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kobojunkie: 10:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

The Bauchi governor never said people should go self medicating but gave his Covid-19 medical team that treated him of the virus to go ahead and treat with the drug.
Really shocked shocked shocked OMGOSH! did he at least remember to say " UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD YOU TRY THIS AT HOME" to deter the self-medicators who happen to make up the majority of Nigeria's poor?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 10:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

He has no such power.
Is he NAFDAC?

Even the President doesn't have such authority
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Really shocked shocked shocked OMGOSH! did he at least remember to say " UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD YOU TRY THIS AT HOME" to deter the self-medicators who happen to make up the majority of Nigeria's poor?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Does he need to say do not try this at home? He was talking to the media about an instruction given to the team who treated him. Clearly stated who he was talking to. Or you just want to paint him bad.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
omonnakoda:
He has no such power.
Is he NAFDAC?

Even the President doesn't have such authority

If robbers are entering your house, you will not try to stop them if you have a weapon because you have no right to attack with weapons.

This is a war scenario. You think Madagascar will be wear they are if they are waiting for WHO?

The Governor has shown leadership, taking responsibility and given his health workers go ahead to treat.

When NAFDAC has a solution, they should speak up. Until then, folding arms and waiting for the invisible enemy is not an option.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
omonnakoda:

Very clear where?.
Share with me
Very clear to whom
Diagnosis may be presumptive based on history or definitive based on positive test results. He did not specify
There is only one way of being clear Publish a paper

He was not treating hospital patients so that claim of time being short is rubbish. These were patients in their own homes the whole time.

When the time comes, he would conduct clinical trials and publish reports. For now his focus is saving lives and he is doing it.

If you want research paper, you can read Dr. Didier Raoult's own. He also has a high rate of treating people without death. His papers was one of those studied by Dr. Vladimir Zelenko.

By the way, can you have a Covid-19 patient without infection?
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 10:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

If robbers are entering your house, you will not try to stop them if you have a weapon because you have no right to attack with weapons.

This is a war scenario. You think Madagascar will be wear they are if they are waiting for WHO?

The Governor has shown leadership, taking responsibility and given his health workers go ahead to treat.

When NAFDAC has a solution, they should speak up. Until then, folding arms and waiting for the invisible enemy is not an option.
There is no war situation in Nigeria so spare us the hyperbole . Let us stay rational There is certainly no war situation in Bauchi state to justify such madness. How many cases do they have?
Lagos is more badly hit sn no one has suggested we start drinking pig urine

There is a difference leadership and insanity
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by bilulu(m): 10:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
Corporate2020:

Go and read the report again. The governor said he was treated with chloroquine and Zithromax when he contacted COVID-19 and was in Isolation Centre and that he was healed. That is why he is now recommending it.
Because he was treated with it shows it's Ok for everyone to use it? Is he the one to tell Nigerians what to use? Has he ever taken responsibility on anyone before in his state? Foolish statement from a supposed governor
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by byinks(f): 10:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
CasNova:
Does the Governor have the right to do that?
U
Please, I need enlightenment.

No Chikwe the Igbo Chinese man ...will come and save Bauchi.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

When the time comes, he would conduct clinical trials and publish reports. For now his focus is saving lives and he is doing it.

If you want research paper, you can read Dr. Didier Raoult's own. He also has a high rate of treating people without death. His papers was one of those studied by Dr. Vladimir Zelenko.

By the way, can you have a Covid-19 patient without infection?
you are repeating yourself

What is a Covid 19 patient?
There are many conditions with similar symptoms e.g the Flu.
So unless he tells us HOW he made his diagnosis we cannot know what he was treating?
After treatment did he retest?

We know that absence of symptoms does not mean the virus is cleared
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by litaninja(m): 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lmao.

Your lamba still dey learn work.....those wey sabi the scam don buy private jet you still dey use leg scratch ground.
Oga, blow whistle.

AmazingMOG:
From next week I’ll be going to each isolation centers to pray for the sick

The world government has failed

Atheism has failed

Islamist has failed

Now the world must know that knowing Jesus is the only way to eternal life and healthy living in this world

NB: be very careful when quoting me, am not your normal preacher I am a prophet of fire. I’ll open the gate of hell for you and household if you can’t caution yourself when replying to my message.

I declare the end of coronavirus the root has been cut off in Jesus name

If I be a man of God!
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Does he need to say do not try this at home? He was talking to the media about an instruction given to the team who treated him. Clearly stated who he was talking to.
So, Why did he feel the need to have the media there when the message was strictly for the consumption of his team, and not the public? undecided undecided
TheGoodJoe:

Or you just want to paint him bad.
OH! I hope you aren't one of them tiny-minded individuals who suppose themselves internet-champions for the goons in power? I would rather waste my time watching paint dry than engage another one of those. embarassed
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

So, Why did he feel the need to have the media there when the message was strictly for the consumption of his team, and not the public? undecided undecided

OH! I hope you aren't one of them tiny-minded individuals who suppose themselves internet-champions for the goons in power? I would rather waste my time watching paint dry than engage another one of those. embarassed

I have no link to him. I am based in Port Harcourt. So rest that.

I posted this March 29, 2020

COVID-19: Lagos Begins Clinical Trials of Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin

The federal government through NAFDAC and the Ministry of Health has granted Lagos State permission to commence clinical trials of a combination of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) and Azithromycin for the treatment of the dreaded coronavirus that is currently burning through human populations around the world.

Given the success the State has recorded so far in the treatment of patients, having treated and discharged six and 10 others due to be discharged in the coming days should they record two negative tests following treatment, THISDAY has learnt.

A presidency source told THISDAY yesterday that the federal government was impressed with the state government and consequently decided to grant the approval for clinical trials of the drugs for treatment of the virus.

From Thisdaylive

https://www.nairaland.com/5761296/open-letter-dr-zelenko-successfully/2#87884740

So quit the verbal attack on a man trying to save lives.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
omonnakoda:
you are repeating yourself

What is a Covid 19 patient?
There are many conditions with similar symptoms e.g the Flu.
So unless he tells us HOW he made his diagnosis we cannot know what he was treating?
After treatment did he retest?

We know that absence of symptoms does not mean the virus is cleared

A patient with a similar flu is not a Covid-19 patient. It is clear. A Covid-19 patient. The treatment protocol is for Covid-19 patients. Not flu.

I have told you that he also conducts test and also works with neighbouring labs. Google his letter and read.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
"People don't understand. We are living through World War III," Zelenko said. "It's the virus versus humanity. It's not business as usual.”

“There are academic physicians who are not in the front lines sit in their labs, and they criticize and say, 'well, we need to do studies. A double-blind controlled study.' It will take three to six months. That's very good in peace times. But there are people dying every second, and we don't have the luxury of time. So when we're in a war, there's battlefield medicine. You have to take the initiative; you have to be brave; you have to try things.”... Dr. Vladimir Zelenko.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
But there are people dying every second, and we don't have the luxury of time. So when we're in a war, there's battlefield medicine. You have to take the initiative; you have to be brave; you have to try things.”... Dr. Vladimir Zelenko.

Governor Bala Mohammed, I throwway Salute.

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Ellasure: 10:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
my Governor thanks for your messages. since this drug combination helped you it will surely help many other people.

people criticize because I learnt that they complain the chloroquine drug is tooooo cheap for doctors liking and it is also widely available cheaply.

The world is people are very weaked. we the people will use it anyway. corona virus will not kill us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Young Lady To Be Buried On Her Birthday After Tragic Fire Mishap.Graphic Photos / My Experience As An Egg Donor / Snakes Invade Communities In Plateau State, Attacks Many

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.