Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,928 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus (36407 Views)

US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Coronavirus: NAFDAC Approves Production Of Chloroquine For Clinical Trials / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by executive12: 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
kvin33:
I recall CNN screaming that MASKS don't work and the rubbish was repeated on this site. NOTHING cures a virus! Hydroxychloroquine + Zpack is a treatment and it works and AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE HEART DISEASE it is completely SAFE. It gives your immune system the space (in a manner of speaking) to fight it off. Remdesivir does the same thing, the only thing is Remdesivir is patented and profitable and Hydroxy is NOT. Americans don't want Trump to kill the market for Remdesivir that is the ONLY problem. BOTH WORK and are being USED worldwide despite the deliberate SMOKE CNN is creating to defend their major advertiser. COVID-19 is big business whether we like it or not.

Exactly. You got it right. Don't mind the naive ones among us.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 8:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Dr. Vladimir Zelenko released a treatment protocol and regimen. It was never taking for one month.

Disclaimer:
Please prescription of drugs should be done by medical professionals.

Dr. Vladimir Zelenko's treatment and regimen using chloroquine

Given the urgency of the situation, I developed the following treatment protocol in the pre-hospital setting and have seen only positive results:

1. Any patient with shortness of breath regardless of age is treated.
2. Any patient in the high-risk category even with just mild symptoms is treated.
3. Young, healthy and low risk patients even with symptoms are not treated (unless their circumstances change and they fall into category 1 or 2).

My out-patient treatment regimen is as follows:

1. Hydroxychloroquine 200mg twice a day for 5 days
2. Azithromycin 500mg once a day for 5 days
3. Zinc sulfate 220mg once a day for 5 days
What was the NNT number needed to treat

How did chloroquine compare to placebo

Who the hell is he or she and why should I attach any credence to his protocol?
Is he the WHO ,FDA or NAFDAC.?
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by PeterAgada2010: 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
I guess that is the same doctors that treated him, and with the same drugs.
Let's begin to look inward
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
BEEFIE:

Accusing China of coverup is a kind of blackmail. Suspected cases were reported on 27Dec. Reuters cited CCTV reports on 31. We formally notified WHO on 3Jan&closed Wuhan on 23. US closed its Consulate on 26& borders to China on 2Feb. Blameshifting can't make up for lost time.

I have no problem with China. They were fighting a war to save lives in their country.

I have a problem with WHO because they should have taking efficient protocols to protect other countries. It was madness allowing flights from China around the World.

Flights from China should have been grounded and if flights must take place, the people should have been Quarantined when they arrived the other countries. Then released after 14-21 days if they tested negative.

This protocol should have been championed by WHO than relying on reports from China that were battling a novel case.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by kaleam(m): 8:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

What he said is not the truth. CNN is not a health authority by the way. Even as Nigerians, we do not have the same physiologies. Why do you think that each and every year in Nigeria, while the vast majority are still treated using such drugs as Chloroquine, several hundreds die?

Even while in Nigeria, I stayed clear of using Chloroquine as I had some pretty nasty reactions to the stuff back then. Why would I in my right mind, knowing what I know now of the drug and it's contraindications, simply use it because some daft governor in Bauchi suggests it worked for him, so it ought to work for me? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Also, I question his claim of it being 100% effective against the virus.

He approved it in Bauchi and for Bauchi people, and if you get infected you will be treated with it if you are in Bauchi, Daft Gov? Your parent mst be proud of you at how you are showcasing your home and parental training!
Your words are full of pain, anger and hatred; a clear sign of depression, kindly seek a medical mental counsel bcox I got a feeling you are not of Bauchi blood so his statement and others gat nothing to do with you, stop poking your nose on what doesn't affect you.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by teemy(m): 8:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
Bahdsypha:

On 12 April, a preliminary clinical trial conducted at a hospital in Brazil was stopped when several people given high doses of chloroquine for COVID‑19 infection developed irregular heart rates, causing eleven deaths.
According to Johns Hopkins' ABX Guide for COVID‑19, "HCQ may cause prolonged QT, and caution should be used in critically ill COVID‑19 patients who may have cardiac dysfunction or if combined with other drugs that cause QT prolongation".

You mean this test https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-chloroquine-study-stopped-early.html where they were given a high overdoze of Chloroquine?

The Brazilian researchers planned to enroll 440 people in their study to test whether chloroquine is a safe and effective treatment for COVID-19. Participants took either a "high dose" of the drug (600 milligrams twice daily for 10 days) or a "low dose" (450 mg for five days, with a double dose only on the first day). The study was "double blind," meaning that neither the patients nor their doctors knew which dose they were receiving.

Now compare that with what is written online as the open letter by Dr Vladimir Zelenko https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SesxgaPnpT6OfCYuaFSwXzDK4cDKMbivoALprcVFj48/mobilebasic

My out-patient treatment regimen is as follows:
1. Hydroxychloroquine 200mg twice a day for 5 days

2. Azithromycin 500mg once a day for 5 days

3. Zinc sulfate 220mg once a day for 5 days

Clearly the Brazilian clinical trial had wide margin with high overdoze levels with some even getting 900mg on the first day!

I think the Governor having to come out and speak up like this has to do with why major medical bodies are not saying it. So far, he claims it to be the reason his Bauchi does not have a single Covid 19 death so far as that is what the medical personnel use there. Worth a look don't you think?
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
omonnakoda:

What was the NNT number needed to treat

How did chloroquine compare to placebo

Who the hell is he or she and why should I attach any credence to his protocol?
Is he the WHO ,FDA or NAFDAC.?

WHO is as confused as a crack addict high on cheap glue.

Dr. Vladimir Zelenko is a family doctor in New York who treated over six hundred Covid-19 Patients with no deaths.

He has more first hand experience than those FDA, WHO and NAFDAC because of his success rate.

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by doubleportion: 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
A Ghanaian friend of mine told me they use ginger,lemon and neem(dongoyaro) combination and its effective against the virus

Dongoyaro and chloroquine are both anti-malaria drug,
We better use our head.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Lawrencestix(m): 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Will you keep quiet , was it not the same combination he took? I am beginning to think it's either some of you sold your brain at birth or you are working for satan
working for satan grin
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Doyin2(m): 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
omonnakoda:
Governor Makinde took carrots and amala with blakseed oil maybe that is the way to go ??

You might be interestingly right ooo...

After all,no body is talking about any side effects for carrots and blackseed oil plus amala

cheesy
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
teemy:

You mean this test https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-chloroquine-study-stopped-early.html where they were given a high overdoze of Chloroquine?

Now compare that with what is written online as the open letter by Dr Vladimir Zelenko https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SesxgaPnpT6OfCYuaFSwXzDK4cDKMbivoALprcVFj48/mobilebasic

Clearly the clinical trial had wide margin with high overdoze levels.

I think the Governor having to come out and speak up like this has to do with why major medical personels are not saying it. So far, he claims it to be the reason his Bauchi does not have a single Covid 19 death so far. Worth a look don't you think?
It is clear you are completely ignorant of how drug trials work
The family doctor's trial had no comparator group, all patients were treated h with the same treatment with very obvious bias In his expectation, ie no null hypothesis testing Those treated had mild symptoms anyway and likely would have recovered without treatment,he was not blind to the treatment and scientifically his findings are one step above useless.

The Brazil clinical trial had two arms for a good reason which clearly is beyond you. However you are distorting the findings when you talk of "overdose " high dose is not the same thing as overdose at any rate even in the low dose group there was no evidence of significance.

You do not have the education to interpret this information and should leave it to experts.

There is no reason this would be suppressed in the US if it worked.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Jabioro: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
He had told the world what he used..he is a living testimony..Used your head don't wait for any doctor to turn you to guinea pig for ordinary high fever..abeg
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by alaira(m): 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]
SalamRushdie:

What is irresponsible about saying the truth ? chloroquine is 100 percent effective against the virus and the governor is a living testimony so are are thousands of other people yet because CNN has not authorized you to use your head you think it's Irresponsible for him to say it
MY BROTHER, THE GOVERNOR IS RIGHT. HE USED THE COMBINATION AND BECAME WELL. HE IS A VERY RESPONSIBLE AND HONEST GOVERNOR.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
alaira:
[color=#990000][/color] MY BROTHER, THE GOVERNOR IS RIGHT. HE USED THE COMBINATION AND BECAME WELL. HE IS A VERY RESPONSIBLE AND HONEST GOVERNOR.
Governor Makinde used carrots and Amala
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Doyin2(m): 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2020
omonnakoda:

It is clear you are completely ignorant of how drug trials work
The family doctor's trial had no comparator group, all patients were treated h with the same treatment with very obvious bias In his expectation, ie no null hypothesis testing Those treated hadvmild symptoms anyway and likely would ha e recovered without treatment,he was not blind to the treatment and scientifically his findings are one step above useless.
The clinical trial had two arms for a good reason which clearly is beyond you. However you are distorting the findings when you talk of "overdose " high dose is not the same thing as overdose at any rate even in the low dose group there was no evidence of significance.

You do not have the education tominterpret this information and should leave it to experts.

There is no reason this would be suppressed in the US if it worked.

If high dose is different from overdose

Is high dose the same as Correct dose?

The issue at stake is

High dose vs Correct dose vs Low dose.

Did the article talk about the efficacy of Correct dose?

High dose of course may be dangerous and cause side effects and death.

Low dose by its nature may not be adequate enough to be effective,so you still have deaths.

But correct dose nko?

Common sense seems not common these days.

undecided
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

WHO is as confused as a crack addict high on cheap glue.

Dr. Vladimir Zelenko is a family doctor in New York who treated over six hundred Covid-19 Patients with no deaths.

He has more first hand experience than those FDA, WHO and NAFDAC because of his success rate.
How many of those 600 were actually tested positive for coronavirus
The scientific question to be answered is what if the patients did not receive the treatment would they have recovered regardless and how is that hypothesis tested
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by RichDad1(m): 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
executive12:

No. But when Trump said the same thing, did you ask if Trump was a medical doctor?
Yes I did.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
omonnakoda:

How many of those 600 were actually tested positive for coronavirus
The scientific question to be answered is what if the patients did not receive the treatment would they have recovered regardless and how is that hypothesis tested

All tested positive for Covid-19.

The fact is that this treatment calls for early treatment. So waiting to see if people will recover without treatment defeats the logic.

It is about saving lives.

That is why mass testing and early treatment is critical.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by erosimo(m): 8:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
Yenefer:
Result of corrupt DNA in his Gene which is PDP

Very very shallow of you
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
Doyin2:

If high dose is different from overdose

Is high dose the same as Correct dose?

The issue at stake is

High dose vs Correct dose vs Low dose.

Did the article talk about the efficacy of Correct dose?

Common sense seems not common these days.

undecided

It is through experiments like this that you get to know the CORRECT DOSE for ANY drug treatment that is how trials work.
There is no known correct dose at the moment

there were two groups

what were the differences in outcome between the two?

Neither the low or high dose proved effective or statistically different from each other

As a matter of fact there should have been a third group in which patients were given placebo
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by executive12: 8:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
RichDad1:

Yes I did.

Good. But maybe you were the only one asking such questions because the day after Trump's recommendation, hydroxychloroquine became scarce worldwide. And the price skyrocketed.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
Diiet:

The news is all over the internet,a female US lawmaker even thanked Trump for allowing doctor treat her with chloroquine.
Again you lied! The drug was never successfully used on HUNDREDS of american cases of COVID-19.

FDA Warns Against Use of Chloroquine Outside of Clinical Trials
Agency says the drug is linked to cardiac dangers and shouldn’t generally be used against coronavirus
https://www.wsj.com/articles/fda-warns-against-use-of-chloroquine-outside-of-clinical-trials-11587745979
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

All tested positive for Covid-19.

The fact is that this treatment calls for early treatment. So waiting to see if people will recover without treatment defeats the logic.

It is about saving lives.

That is why mass testing and early treatment is critical.

All tested positive?

How do you know this?
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by tete7000(m): 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2020
Someone who is not a doctor is telling doctors how to treat patients... Issoright... I know no professional doctor will be stupid enough to take such directive from him.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
Still no reason why anyone should go around suggesting a drug without clinial evidence to support such claim. And please do not respond by suggesting that because 6 people out of 29 in Bauchi have recovered, we should here and now assume they all took the same cocktail and are evidence enough to substantiate the governor's claims.
Medically, no two physiologies are exactly the same for anyone to suggest that what works for A will definitely work for B. That many of you continue to argue otherwise leads me to believe that detail is missing on your part.
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by kayrichy: 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
I work outside the country
sonnie10:

Please where is your hospital located?
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by sonnie10: 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2020
kayrichy:

I work outside the country
Ok. Where exactly?
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by ityP(m): 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2020
kayrichy:
Same with India and Sri Lanka
Combination therapy of chloroquine and lopinavir and ritonavir both antiretroviral drugs got a lot of patients discharged
In addition Sri Lanka also practice the same
Giving 500mg of chloroquine BID for ten days

Don't mind people debunking these facts. I, for one, didn't approve of it initially, but i can't disregard its success rate in these countries and in Bauchi. It is working; as long as we aren't abusing it, we should be fine

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
omonnakoda:
Governor Makinde took carrots and amala with blakseed oil maybe that is the way to go ??
Blackseed oil? That seems to be standard cure for everything these days if you believe everything you read online
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Still no reason why anyone should go around suggesting a drug without clinial evidence to support such claim. And please do not respond by suggesting that because 6 people out of 29 in Bauchi have recovered, we should here and now assume they all took the same cocktail and are evidence enough to substantiate the governor's claims.
Medically, no two physiologies are exactly the same for anyone to suggest that what works for A will definitely work for B. That many of you continue to argue otherwise leads me to believe that detail is missing on your part.

The simple fact is most people recover without treatment.
It is also a proven medical fact that if you take chalk or garri and make it I to a tablet and offer it as treatment a small number of patients will report improvements
Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by kayrichy: 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
It’s good I have someone who understands my perspective here...it’ mostly being used as combination therapy....
ityP:

Don't mind people debunking these facts. I, for one, didn't approve of it initially, but i can't disregard its success rate in these countries and in Bauchi. It is working; as long as we aren't abusing it, we should be fine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus by omonnakoda: 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Blackseed oil? That seems to be standard cure for everything these days if you believe everything you read online

Lol

Well placebo effect is very powerful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox / 3 Major Ingredients Of Energy Drinks And Their Adverse Effects / I Visited The Morgue Unprepared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.