Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? (10263 Views)

She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo / Wike Is Ikwerre From Bini But Amaechi Is Igbo / Titi Abubakar Speaks Igbo Language As She Campaigns For Her Husband. See Re (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Hornyhub3D: 11:05am On May 02, 2020
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by caleboxylic: 11:42am On May 02, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Ikwerres are not Igbos.

Anything Rivers state shouldn't be taken as Igbo exception to Obigbo anyways.
Asa/ndoki, etche, omuma, and ogba-egbema-ndoni are not Igbo, right?

Ikwerre should join Ijaw, itshekiri, and urohbo to form their Niger delta country because I'm hundred percent sure, ibibio, anang, oron, Efik and ogoja will form a new country.

Peace.

5 Likes

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Deebwebb: 11:52am On May 02, 2020
Igbo nation don't need ikwerre,even in river state they don't have any say,igbo's produce the governors in river state,the culture is igbo,the tradition,the dressing.....even the benin claim they own lagos but the igbo's are not fighting yoruba's when they claim lagos,but why are Yorubas fighting us when we claim rivers state....gas is the future and we have it in abundance,south east is not a landlocked,we have sea in between abia, imo and rivers,even if we were, Switzerland,botswana is also landlock but still far ahead of all Africa countries,igbo tribes in South south will obviously join us when we get biafra,including akwa ibom because they identify with us more than the so called south south people...south South was created by the north after the war,but confused lots are claiming they are south south like they never existed before the war.
Project Nigeria failed.......

5 Likes

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Exmilitant(m): 12:03pm On May 02, 2020
As a proud son of ikwerre, obio/akpor lga, evo kingdom, esara clan, i say with all certainty that we are not igbos!!!
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Exmilitant(m): 12:06pm On May 02, 2020
Deebwebb:
Igbo nation don't need ikwerre,even in river state they don't have any say,igbo's produce the governors in river state,the culture is igbo,the tradition,the dressing.....even the benin claim they own lagos but the igbo's are not fighting yoruba's when they claim lagos,but why are Yorubas fighting us when we claim rivers state....gas is the future and we have it in abundance,south east is not a landlocked,we have sea in between abia, imo and rivers,even if we were, Dubai is also landlock but still far ahead of all Africa countries,igbo tribes in South south will obviously join us when we get biafra,including akwa ibom because they identify with us more than the so called south south people...south South was created by the north after the war,but confused lots are claiming they are south south like they never existed before the war.
Project Nigeria failed.......
project biafra failed!! i would rather.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by gidgiddy: 12:24pm On May 02, 2020
caleboxylic:

Ikwerre should join Ijaw, itshekiri, and urohbo to form their Niger delta country because I'm hundred percent sure, ibibio, anang, oron, Efik and ogoja will form a new country.

Peace.

I think some people think that all Igbo speaking people in Rivers are called Ikwerres. They dont know that besides Ikwerre, there are Ndoki, Etche, Omuma, Ndoni who are all Igbo speaking people native to Rivers.

I also agree with you that Akwa-cross people will one day be a separate country its own

5 Likes

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 02, 2020
EmekusTHEgreat:

@Nwanyiogwashi is an Igbo person, I have followed her for a while, S.E Igbos should stop distancing Delta Igbos, such discrimination makes the reconciliation process harder.

You shouldn't conclude too quickly. She's as Igbophobic as they come.

1 Like

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 12:38pm On May 02, 2020
iSlayer2:

You shouldn't conclude too quickly. She's as Igbophobic as they come.
Lolz igbophobic indeed ,so you rebel me igbophobic because I am protecting my people from Anambra state people that refused to wear face masks? I don't give a Bleep what you or others think. If Kaduna state and others northern state can deport other careless northerners from their state then who are my not to complain on people that refuse putting on face masks. Coronavirus doesn't know ethnic group Mr man so protect your state if you can in this period of coronavirus.

2 Likes

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by jamesversion: 12:57pm On May 02, 2020
Biafrarep:

Odili is not Ikwere.
Please we should always try to ignore this issue because the more we argue it, the more some efulefus will be feeling like they are special.
If it was oil that made some people to deny their roots, then good luck to them as oil loses value and gas takes over which we have in abundance.

Lagos has a huge impact on the SW region, Abuja has a huge impact on the NC region but P.H has no impact at all on Aba that is just a few killometers away how much more to the SE region. Instead it is even Aba that has a huge impact on P.H. Just like other neigboring cities, P H even relies on Aba for the effective running of the city. I know what I'm saying, if Aba is closed on P.H., they would have serious problem but if P.H is closed on Aba, Aba will hardly feel it.

Let's continue building our cities and region. Let's invest only in areas that identify with us. Crude oil belongs to the past and industry, trade, commerce and services that belongs to the future, we have it firmly under our control.

Let us shun this guys completely because to be honest, we really don't need them.

I was thinking PH(money) was more important than Aba(Market)... I felt without money, market becomes redundant. Neva knew market can exist without money.

Please who taught you economics in school??
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 02, 2020
jamesversion:

I was thinking PH(money) was more important than Aba(Market)... I felt without money, market becomes redundant. Neva knew market can exist without money.

Aba is the market. PH is the people. If PH is cut off Aba will just continue providing services to other people. Then PH can put the money in thier mouths and eat it.

7 Likes

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 02, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Lolz igbophobic indeed ,so you rebel me igbophobic because I am protecting my people from Anambra state people that refused to wear face masks? I don't give a Bleep what you or others think. If Kaduna state and others northern state can deport other careless northerners from their state then who are my not to complain on people that refuse putting on face masks. Coronavirus doesn't know ethnic group Mr man so protect your state if you can in this period of coronavirus.

Whatever you wish for Anambra should fall squarely on Ogwashiuku. Amen.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Akaegwu(m): 1:08pm On May 02, 2020
You have to live our land and go back to Benin where you come from.
KenOne:

Impostor! Who told you you're from Ikwerre and related to Uche Okwukwu. My friend you're not from Elele not to talk of Ikwerre.
A true Ikwerre man Iwhuruoha in that matter will not say Ikwerre is Igbo.

Ikwerre, Emohua, Port Harcourt and Obio Akpor ancestral home is Benin, and since i was born my grand father, grand mother to my father and mother never told me that our Ikwerre has a link to Igbo.

Ogbakor Ikwerre has repeatedly rebuke those that says Ikwerre is Igbo, remember last year when Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo wanted to hold a world conference in Port Harcourt UST campus to be precise, Prof. Simeon Achinewhu then Ogbakor Ikwerre president general stopped them from holding that world conference that Ikwerre land Port Harcourt is not Igbo land.

The Berom and Langtan people of Platuea, the Ebira people Kogi and Kwara people speaks Hausa, bears Hausas names does that make them Hausa people.

This force attach must stop.

1 Like

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Nwaelohim: 1:24pm On May 02, 2020
The first mistake those from the five eastern state in NIGERIA always make is thinking that they are the custodians of the Igbo tribe and language, The Igbo tribe just like the Fulani tribe are very vast and it's original origin is not NIGERIA,
Those in Nigeria migrated from Congo, Cameron, Sai tomme principi etc. This where traders and farmer coming into NIGERIA through the bight of Biafra along the Atlantic ocean,
This Igbo tribe that came into NIGERIA are scattered around the country. So don't use the political geographic expression of OBJ to think that those in the East are more Igbo that the others. I m from Rivers State I can speak the regular Igbo language but people from Eastern NIGERIA can not hear my kind of Igbo. This is the reason people try to call others minority.

Advise children from the 5 Eastern NIGERIA to study history and stop fooling around with this Igbo superiority nonsense.

1 Like

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by jamesversion: 1:56pm On May 02, 2020
iSlayer2:

Aba is the market. PH is the people. If PH is cut off Aba will just continue providing services to other people. Then PH can put the money in thier mouths and eat it.

There is more money in Rivers than Abia. If Aba as a market is no longer available, PH people will look elsewhere. As much as you have your money, getting the goods wouldn't be a problem.

Don't argue this.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 02, 2020
jamesversion:

There is more money in Rivers than Abia. If Aba as a market is no longer available, PH people will look elsewhere. As much as you have your money, getting the goods wouldn't be a problem.

Don't argue this.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 02, 2020
Nwaelohim:
The first mistake those from the five eastern state in NIGERIA always make is thinking that they are the custodians of the Igbo tribe and language, The Igbo tribe just like the Fulani tribe are very vast and it's original origin is not NIGERIA,
Those in Nigeria migrated from Congo, Cameron, Sai tomme principi etc. This where traders and farmer coming into NIGERIA through the bight of Biafra along the Atlantic ocean,
This Igbo tribe that came into NIGERIA are scattered around the country. So don't use the political geographic expression of OBJ to think that those in the East are more Igbo that the others. I m from Rivers State I can speak the regular Igbo language but people from Eastern NIGERIA can not hear my kind of Igbo. This is the reason people try to call others minority.

Advise children from the 5 Eastern NIGERIA to study history and stop fooling around with this Igbo superiority nonsense.

If you're Igbo be proud of the fact you're Igbo. That was it means to be Igbo. Not stories.

5 Likes

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 02, 2020
caleboxylic:

Peace.

They aren't igbo.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 02, 2020
Exmilitant:
As a proud son of ikwerre, obio/akpor lga, evo kingdom, esara clan, i say with all certainty that we are not igbos!!!

That's good... Keep it up.

Keep the vibe going...
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 3:02pm On May 02, 2020
iSlayer2:

Whatever you wish for Anambra should fall squarely on Ogwashiuku. Amen.
I don't have your time and I can't trade protection of Deltans from coronavirus for your happiness never, tell your governor to be responsible
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Biafrarep(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2020
jamesversion:

P.H patronage is just about the same as others from Akwa Ibom, Calabar, Umuahia, Bayelsa etc. There is nothing special about their purchasing power. You can go to the various markets/parks in Aba and check the destination of goods. Even to repair cars and specialized engines that are used in production, they will come to Aba.

My point is that P.H is over rated. In actual sense, we do not need them more than they need us. So what's all the noise about?

Remove Lagos from the SW and the region will suffer but remove P.H and Aba will hardly feel it talk more of the SE region.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Biafrarep(m): 12:50pm On May 03, 2020
Nwaelohim:

It is either you're Igbo or you're not, quite simple. You can't claim to be Igbo when it suits you and reject them when it does not, that's not fair!

Talking about being Rivers Igbo and others from SE not being able to understand your dialect, my brother it's the same all over Igboland and that is why we have Olu-mba and Igbo-izugbe. If people from areas in the SE such as Afikpo, Nsukka, Abriba etc. speaks their dialect I will hardly understand them but if they speak central Igbo, everyone will understand. Now what is the difference in dialectical differences between Afikpo, Abriba, Nsukka etc. within the SE and others in say Etche, Ikwerre, or Anioma?

What stops Nsukka, Abriba, Mbaise, Afikpo, Ngwa, Nnewi, Owerri etc from claiming ethnic nationalities since they all have their own dialects?

You bear same names, speak same language, have similar culture and tradition yet deny their roots for whatever reasons.

People don't know how stvpid they sound when they say all these nonsense.

Nigeria will break up one day or become realigned and by then oil would have lost value, then we will know what's up. The fact is that Niger Delta will never stand as a country based on its current map. Akwa-Cross will either stand alone or join Igbos, Itshekiri will want to join Yorubas out of fear of being left with the Ijaws, parts of Igbo speaking areas of Rivers State will join other Igbos same as parts of Anioma. Then Ikwerre will be left with the Ijaws and I will see how they can stand them. How Ikwerres were subdued in old Rivers State will be a child's play to what will happen because P.H will become the capital and all Ijaws will converge there. Even Wike that is making noise now will not have any say.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Biafrarep(m): 1:05pm On May 03, 2020
caleboxylic:

Peace.
unfortunately for them, other ethnic groups in the Niger Delta will not go with the Ijaws but the Ikwerres will be stuck with them since Ijaws can claim joint ownership to P.H through the Okrikas. By then I will imagine how they can square up against the Ijaws because other Igbo groups in Rivers State would have joined their brothers from the SE. People like Wike that are making noise now would return to their subservient roles under Ijaw domination.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by caleboxylic: 1:13pm On May 03, 2020
Biafrarep:

It is either you're Igbo or you're not, quite simple. You can't claim to be Igbo when it suits you and reject them when it does not, that's not fair!

Talking about being Rivers Igbo and others from SE not being able to understand your dialect, my brother it's the same all over Igboland and that is why we have Olu-mba and Igbo-izugbe. If people from areas in the SE such as Afikpo, Nsukka, Abriba etc. speaks their dialect I will hardly understand them but if they speak central Igbo, everyone will understand. Now what is the difference in dialectical differences between Afikpo, Abriba, Nsukka etc. within the SE and others in say Etche, Ikwerre, or Anioma?

What stops Nsukka, Abriba, Mbaise, Afikpo, Ngwa, Nnewi, Owerri etc from claiming ethnic nationalities since they all have their own dialects?

You bear same names, speak same language, have similar culture and tradition yet deny their roots for whatever reasons.

People don't know how stvpid they sound when they say all these nonsense.

Nigeria will break up one day or become realigned and by then oil would have lost value, then we will know what's up. The fact is that Niger Delta will never stand as a country based on its current map. Akwa-Cross will either stand alone or join Igbos, Itshekiri will want to join Yorubas out of fear of being left with the Ijaws, parts of Igbo speaking areas of Rivers State will join other Igbos same as parts of Anioma. Then Ikwerre will be left with the Ijaws and I will see how they can stand them. How Ikwerres were subdued in old Rivers State will be a child's play to what will happen because P.H will become the capital and all Ijaws will converge there. Even Wike that is making noise now will not have any say.

You have spoken well nwanne.

What I don't like is the idea of Akwa - cross joining the new igbo nation we pray and hope for. They are better off on their own.
Finally, ikwerre shouldn't join the new igbo nation no matter what. We are fine with the current south east states, anioma, etche, omuma, ndoni, ndoki, ogba and Egbema. Any other igbo clan in rivers state that says otherwise will be deleted immediately. We need a new igbo nation made of igbo with same mindset; (Education and Skills) and not idiots that depend on oil. .

6 Likes

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by jamesversion: 1:26pm On May 03, 2020
Biafrarep:

P.H patronage is just about the same as others from Akwa Ibom, Calabar, Umuahia, Bayelsa etc. There is nothing special about their purchasing power. You can go to the various markets/parks in Aba and check the destination of goods. Even to repair cars and specialized engines that are used in production, they will come to Aba.

My point is that P.H is over rated. In actual sense, we do not need them more than they need us. So what's all the noise about?

Remove Lagos from the SW and the region will suffer but remove P.H and Aba will hardly feel it talk more of the SE region.

Aba is not a manufacturing city.. It is jus a commercial town ie Igbos import goods into Aba and sell in the markets there. There is nothing exceptional sold in Aba. If Aba as a market is absent, money will always find it's way to another market to purchase goods and products.

Rivers State indigenes are particularly business oriented else there is nothing spectacular about Aba. Most goods there are imported from China. There is nothing stopping Riverians from setting up big markets and importing goods from China.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Biafrarep(m): 1:44pm On May 03, 2020
jamesversion:

Aba is not a manufacturing city.. It is jus a commercial town ie Igbos import goods into Aba and sell in the markets there. There is nothing exceptional sold in Aba. If Aba as a market is absent, money will always find it's way to another market to purchase goods and products.

Rivers State indigenes are particularly business oriented else there is nothing spectacular about Aba. Most goods there are imported from China. There is nothing stopping Riverians from setting up big markets and importing goods from China.

Aba is not a manufacturing, really? You must be from Congo. If Aba is not a manufacturing city then why is Aba made products known all over West Africa??

How exactly is Rivers State indigenes business orientated when oil blocks, oil servicing firms, hotels, malls, big pharmacies, boutiques etc mostly owned by outsiders??

Do you think that going to China and bringing goods is for lazy people? Do you even know that many business sectors are now being controlled by cartels that work with Chinese producers??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by YakubuAugust: 9:07pm On May 03, 2020
How is posting a video discussing the diversity of igboid language family an attempt to create in-figting?

Or are you suggesting people and incapable of constructive conversation?

rummmy:
The ops aim is to cause bashing between igbos and ikwerres.
be wise and ignore him my people.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by YakubuAugust: 9:12pm On May 03, 2020
So married men know longer know where they are from?

Lets be serious people.

The man is Ikwerre and identifies as Igbo.

Just like we respect the opinions of Ikwerre that choose not to.

Ezewuzie01:
You are funny. So if an Igbo tells you that Ikwerre are not Igbo, that Igbo automatically becomes Ikwerre!? Are you begging Ikwerre to be Igbo or what? Amaechi you mentioned married Igbo wife so it isn't surprising if he claims Igbo knowing the influence of wives on their husbands. Even FFK is now a Biafran. The Ogbako Ikwerre the umbrella body of Ikwerres say they are not Igbo. Go to the heart of Ikwerre land and tell them they are Igbo and see if you will come back alive.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by LiveScience: 9:18am On May 04, 2020
gidgiddy:

Lets just assume you are right. Lets assume that the Ikwerre people are Bini migrants who settled in present day Rivers many years ago. I have two questions.

1) why did the Ikwerre people drop their bini names and language and adopt Igbo language and name? Why would they do this? Its not like Bini is very very far away from Ikwerre land.

2)If Ikwerres are really Bini people, why do some of them claim to be a 'distinct ethnic group'? Why are Ikwerre people not Bini people? Or maybe Ikwere/Bini people? Why havent we seen one single Ikwerre person ever come out to say he is a proud Bini man?

The Ikwerre, Anioma and others etc were Igbo people that were under Benin kingdom.

Benin was a kingdom with many tribes including some parts of Igbo, parts of Yorubas and Ijaw. They were all ruled by Bini Oba.

1 Like

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Probz(m): 11:00am On May 07, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
I was thinking jókwa greetings was only exclusive to Afikpo people of Ebonyi, I didn't know some parts of Abia like Abiriba and Bende greets the same.

The “a” in Afikpo is the last letter of the acronym ABIA so it shouldn’t surprise you that Afikpo shares things in common with Abia.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Probz(m): 11:00am On May 07, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
I was thinking jókwa greetings was only exclusive to Afikpo people of Ebonyi, I didn't know some parts of Abia like Abiriba and Bende greets the same.

The “a” in Afikpo is the last letter of the acronym ABIA so it shouldn’t surprise you that Afikpo shares things in common with Abia. Try and look past artificial state boundaries.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by YakubuAugust: 8:37am On May 10, 2020
You are Igbo dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Nwaelohim:

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Kinematics: 9:36am On May 10, 2020
caleboxylic:

Yes, there are. Majority of igbo here are fed up with ikwerre denial of their igbo origin and have decided to let them be. What I won't and will never accept is for the poorest and least educated igbo clan(Ikwerre) to be insulting the great igbo nation. Who and what is ikwerre? Nonsense.

Just take a look and you and your cohorts on this thread..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aso Villa Power Tussle Thwarted Abdulkarim Dauda's Promotion, Service Extension / President Bola Tinubu Signs National Students Loan Amendment Bill Into Law. / Abia LGA Election: Ikpeazu Casting His Vote Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.