Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? (10258 Views)

She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo / Wike Is Ikwerre From Bini But Amaechi Is Igbo / Titi Abubakar Speaks Igbo Language As She Campaigns For Her Husband. See Re (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by PortHarcourt1st: 9:41am On May 10, 2020
Kinematics:

Just take a look and your and your cohorts on this thread..

You are an ordinary poor miscreant without levels in Rivers state. Shut up because you don't speak for Rivers people. Slum dweller like you
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Kinematics: 9:51am On May 10, 2020
Biafrarep:

[s]P.H patronage is just about the same as others from Akwa Ibom, Calabar, Umuahia, Bayelsa etc. There is nothing special about their purchasing power. You can go to the various markets/parks in Aba and check the destination of goods. Even to repair cars and specialized engines that are used in production, they will come to Aba.

My point is that P.H is over rated. In actual sense, we do not need them more than they need us. So what's all the noise about?

Remove Lagos from the SW and the region will suffer but remove P.H and Aba will hardly feel it talk more of the SE region[/s].

Shatap there. People only go to Aba from PH to buy stuff just because it's cheaper. Most times 4x cheaper than what you'll get it in PH.
Without PH, Aba is nothing I mean absolutely nothing.
Your Aba needs PH to survive else it's just a waste of a market. Go to Aba and take a random sample of opinions of the traders there before you start commenting nonsense. I know buyers come from AKS and CRS as well, but not in the scale of those coming from Rivers.
Till date what works for Aba is how cheap goods can be.

Example a TM shirt you'll get for just 4k in Aba its 18k in PH. Tell me who will not go to Aba?
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by pazienza(m): 9:54am On May 10, 2020
BoboNkiti19:
I mean it's quite simple, you're not Igbo right? fine. Please while at it renounce all your Igbo names and even the language, manner of dressing and culture as a whole. Then hold a summit with your Benin brothers, announce under one collective body and voice that your people have how adopted the Benin language, names and traditions.

But until that is done, you WON'T run away the Igbo tag when political expediency arises and doesn't favor you, and then turn around tomorrow and decide you are Igbos when it favors you...my culture is my pride and identity... and I won't allow some riff-raffs use us for "pick & choose" anymore. Enough is enough.

This is the most annoying part of it all and why we must deal with this issue decisively once and for all by first and foremost expelling all Ikwerre freeloaders in Ohanaeze Ndiigbo and in Igbo associations outside Rivers state, as well as releasing a public statement to that effect. Ogbakor Ikwerre and Ikwerre people have been unrelenting and constant In their public renounce of Ndiigbo, after 50yrs, I think we have exhausted our patience with them, and its about time we put the issue to rest by publicly denying every single Ikwerre people whether pro or anti Igbo the opportunity of claiming Igbo at any point or time.

The so called pro Igbo among them should go take up their issue with Ogbakor Ikwerre. We have tried for them, we endured this 50years of embarrassment for them, they can't possibly expect us to do it forever for them. They should go sort out their local issue with their overwhelmingly Bini people back home. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by PortHarcourt1st: 9:57am On May 10, 2020
[s]
Kinematics:

Shatap there. People only go to Aba from PH to buy stuff just because it's cheaper. Most times 4x cheaper than what you'll get it in PH.
Your Aba needs PH to survive else it's just a waste of a market. Go to Aba and take a random sample of opinions of the traders there before you start commenting nonsense. I know buyers come from AKS and CRS as well, but not in the scale of those coming from RiversTill date what works for Aba is how cheap goods can be.Example a TM shirt you'll get for just 4k in Aba its 18k in PH. Tell me who will not go to Aba?
[/s]

Shut up this PORT HARCOURT slum dweller. Aba people don't live in shanties and slums like PORT HARCOURT people. See how foolish you are, you are happy that some people spend 18k for a shirt of 4k. Are you not stupid and foolish at the same time. No wonder all of you live in slums. Useless people

2 Likes

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by pazienza(m): 9:58am On May 10, 2020
Biafrarep:

P.H patronage is just about the same as others from Akwa Ibom, Calabar, Umuahia, Bayelsa etc. There is nothing special about their purchasing power. You can go to the various markets/parks in Aba and check the destination of goods. Even to repair cars and specialized engines that are used in production, they will come to Aba.

My point is that P.H is over rated. In actual sense, we do not need them more than they need us. So what's all the noise about?

Remove Lagos from the SW and the region will suffer but remove P.H and Aba will hardly feel it talk more of the SE region.

People even come from Enugu to Aba Markets. Many come from the North, from places as far as Borno and Adamawa to buy in bulk and take to those places. They are mainly Igbo traders there, but few Northerners are involved in the business as well.
PH is only a minute fraction of Aba market reach.

1 Like

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by PortHarcourt1st: 10:03am On May 10, 2020
Biafrarep:

P.H patronage is just about the same as others from Akwa Ibom, Calabar, Umuahia, Bayelsa etc. There is nothing special about their purchasing power. You can go to the various markets/parks in Aba and check the destination of goods. Even to repair cars and specialized engines that are used in production, they will come to Aba.

Remove Lagos from the SW and the region will suffer but remove P.H and Aba will hardly feel it talk more of the SE region.

Don't even let anyone deceive you. PORT HARCOURT is an overhyped jungle. You will be so much disappointed when you visit the shithole called PORT HARCOURT they brag about. Most of them live in shanties and slums over there. There's zero organisation, filth everywhere. Cultist and kidnappers everywhere. We are not talking about polluted air and water. PORT HARCOURT is not a place to brag about, it is a complete sewage shithole.

1 Like

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Kinematics: 10:05am On May 10, 2020
A certain clown called chino is quoting me seeking for my attention. Onitsha village boy I've told you time and time again that I wont abuse you anymore. It's not in my nature to abuse an invalid.

I know you skipped your medication for last month and you are currently on relapse. Dont worry you'll be ok soon.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by PortHarcourt1st: 10:06am On May 10, 2020
[s]
Kinematics:
A certain clown called chino is quoting meeting seeking for my attention. Onitsha village boy I've told you time and tim again that I wont abuse you anymore. It's not in my nature to abuse an invalid. I know you skipped your drugs for last month and you are currently on relapse. Dont worry you'll be ok soon.
[/s]

Useless PORT HARCOURT miscreant. I won't allow you deceive people about your shithole called PORT HARCOURT. You must have my time by force because we have been doing collabo together here. Useless good for nothing cultist. PORT HARCOURT is a shithole town filled with cultist, kidnappers, lazy ikwerre miscreants, etc. Useless people with nothing to offer except looking for land to resell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by PortHarcourt1st: 10:13am On May 10, 2020
PORT HARCOURT this, PORT HARCOURT that, but when poverty rating comes out, look at where a whole oil wealthy state is rated. You have oil wealth but most of you are poor. Outsiders coming everyday to take your oil wealth while 90% of you guys are poor including poverty inflicted miscreant called kinematics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Biafrarep(m): 10:33am On May 10, 2020
Kinematics:

[s]
Your Aba needs PH to survive else it's just a waste of a market. Go to Aba and take a random sample of opinions of the traders there before you start commenting nonsense. I know buyers come from AKS and CRS as well, but not in the scale of those coming from Rivers.
Till date what works for Aba is how cheap goods can be.

Example a TM shirt you'll get for just 4k in Aba its 18k in PH. Tell me who will not go to Aba?[/s]

Your name should rather be John Snow because you know nothing. I have lived in Aba and I know everything about the city more than you could ever imagine. I can tell you with certainty that more customers come from Akwa-Cross area than P.H. If you know Aba very well, you won't even argue this fact. Go to Ogbor-hill, after Waterside and stand at Ikot-ekpene road, by the time you see the countless number of vehicles overloaded with goods passing and then compare it with the ones passing at P.H express then you will know what's up.

People come from all over the SW to Lagos to get goods and services, and Ogun state is today highly industrialized with high IGR because of its proximity to Lagos and the other SW states enjoy the same too though in lesser extent.

Now, ask yourself, of what benefit is P.H. to Aba that is a few killometers away, talk more of the entire SE? Does anyone from the SE go to P.H. to get goods or services? Instead it is P.H. people that come to Aba to get goods and services!

If oil stops existing today, P.H. as a city will collapse because it lacks any form of sustenance aside crude oil and its allied services. To show you that P.H. is actually an over rated rent seeking city with very little impact, why would it despite having a Port have to rely on Aba for it to function properly? It is akin to Lagos people traveling to an inland city like Ibadan to get goods and services, which is not possible because Lagos is highly developed in all areas. Now compare that to P.H. and you see how ridiculous it sounds.

If Aba is shut down for any reason, people in P.H. will immediately feel the impact but if P.H. is shut down for any reason, those in Aba will hardly feel it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by caleboxylic: 10:43am On May 10, 2020
Kinematics:

Just take a look and you and your cohorts on this thread..

Clap for yourself.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Biafrarep(m): 11:07am On May 10, 2020
pazienza:

People even come from Enugu to Aba Markets. Many come from the North, from places as far as Borno and Adamawa to buy in bulk and take to those places. They are mainly Igbo traders there, but few Northerners are involved in the business as well.
PH is only a minute fraction of Aba market reach.

Of course, only people who don't know Aba that will argue this fact. Buyers even come from outside Nigeria to buy goods in Aba. At least, I used to know about Cameroun and Niger among others back then.

Lol, even if P.H. should stop coming to Aba, businessmen there will hardly notice but the question is, would they even survive without Aba?

4 Likes

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Ekpeitit(m): 11:09am On May 10, 2020
SLAP44:
Ikwerre is a dialect of Igbo language. We the Ikwerre people knows that we are Igbos but oil politics made them cut states apart and set brothers against brothers.

But we are hopeful of Biafra, when we will unite with our brothers in one united country.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Ekpeitit(m): 11:10am On May 10, 2020
Another Igbo attachee pretending to be from Niger Delta.
Keep begging, una go beg us tire.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Ekpeitit(m): 11:12am On May 10, 2020
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Ekpeitit(m): 11:13am On May 10, 2020
Why are these Igbo people trying to attach themselves to us by all means?
Una no get shame?
You have been rejected several times yet you keep begging. Na wa...ooo.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by valirex: 11:24am On May 10, 2020
KenOne:

Impostor! Who told you you're from Ikwerre and related to Uche Okwukwu. My friend you're not from Elele not to talk of Ikwerre.
A true Ikwerre man Iwhuruoha in that matter will not say Ikwerre is Igbo.

Ikwerre, Emohua, Port Harcourt and Obio Akpor ancestral home is Benin, and since i was born my grand father, grand mother to my father and mother never told me that our Ikwerre has a link to Igbo.

Ogbakor Ikwerre has repeatedly rebuke those that says Ikwerre is Igbo, remember last year when Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo wanted to hold a world conference in Port Harcourt UST campus to be precise, Prof. Simeon Achinewhu then Ogbakor Ikwerre president general stopped them from holding that world conference that Ikwerre land Port Harcourt is not Igbo land.

The Berom and Langtan people of Platuea, the Ebira people Kogi and Kwara people speaks Hausa, bears Hausas names does that make them Hausa people.

This force attach must stop.

Will your people be willing to join Bini Kingdom?
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Biafrarep(m): 11:27am On May 10, 2020
pazienza:

This is the most annoying part of it all and why we must deal with this issue decisively once and for all by first and foremost expelling all Ikwerre freeloaders in Ohanaeze Ndiigbo and in Igbo associations outside Rivers state, as well as releasing a public statement to that effect. Ogbakor Ikwerre and Ikwerre people have been unrelenting and constant In their public renounce of Ndiigbo, after 50yrs, I think we have exhausted our patience with them, and its about time we put the issue to rest by publicly denying every single Ikwerre people whether pro or anti Igbo the opportunity of claiming Igbo at any point or time.

The so called pro Igbo among them should go take up their issue with Ogbakor Ikwerre. We have tried for them, we endured this 50years of embarrassment for them, they can't possibly expect us to do it forever for them. They should go sort out their local issue with their overwhelmingly Bini people back home. cool

I said the same thing in another thread. Is it not the height of stvpidity and madness for a set of people who claim to be from Benin yet they speak Igbo language, bear Igbo names, observe Igbo culture and tradition, call their king Eze and Obi, call their God Chukwu etc.

Only to ridiculously add the prefix R to Umu which to them now gives them a new identity.

Now, the question is, who gave them the right to use our trademark?

These guys don't know that it is criminal to use copyright patents without first obtaining permission from the legal owners.

They childishly claim that it was closeness to us over the ages that made them to lose their own identity then why didn't same happen to others that are even closer to us?

Igbos have indulged these guys for too long, and it is high time we cut off them off totally. They are too small to be giving all these attention. At least, within the same Rivers State, there are other Igbos that accept their heritage.

Rubbish people!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by YakubuAugust: 9:29am On May 12, 2020
A lot of this division comes from the war
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by YakubuAugust: 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2020
This simple topic caused so much commotion [quote author=Ekpeitit post=89387889][/quote]
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by DenreleDave(m): 6:21pm On Jun 29, 2020
caleboxylic:

Yes, there are. Majority of igbo here are fed up with ikwerre denial of their igbo origin and have decided to let them be. What I won't and will never accept is for the poorest and least educated igbo clan(Ikwerre) to be insulting the great igbo nation. Who and what is ikwerre? Nonsense.

Why are Igbo imposing igboship on Ikwerre... They said they ain't igbo. Ur people are forcing igboship on them

https://todayfmlive.com/news/item/6792-ikwerre-kicks-as-ohanaeze-insist-on-holding-2017-igbo-day-in-port-harcourt.html
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by DenreleDave(m): 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
caleboxylic:

They are igbo but have chosen otherwise. So let them be. Igbo nation is great with or without them.
They said they are not.

Stop attache by force
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by DenreleDave(m): 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2020
michae1004:

I wholeheartedly agree with you that Ikwerres are not Igbos. I agree that they are descendants of Benin Kingdom. What i don't understand is why is it that every time there is religious crises in the North the Ikwerres always run to areas inhabited by Igbos for safety. Why did they abandon their kit and kin from Edo? Years back i witnessed first hand one ikwerre armed robber that was caught why trying to steal from an Igbo trader. When asked of his origin his response was that abum nwanne unu (I am your brother in Igbo language ) I expected him to speak in his ikwerre (benin) language but that wasn't the case. The only solution to this madness is if Ikwerres renounce Igbo names and adopt Edo names. Secondly Ikwerres should learn bini as their language.

So u wanted him to say bini so that they can kill him abi.

Me sef can claim Hausa under emergency

So u don't have a point
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by YakubuAugust: 6:29pm On Jun 29, 2020
Would Ikwerre be part of a Biafra?
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by DenreleDave(m): 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
Deebwebb:
Igbo nation don't need ikwerre,even in river state they don't have any say,igbo's produce the governors in river state,the culture is igbo,the tradition,the dressing.....even the benin claim they own lagos but the igbo's are not fighting yoruba's when they claim lagos,but why are Yorubas fighting us when we claim rivers state....gas is the future and we have it in abundance,south east is not a landlocked,we have sea in between abia, imo and rivers,even if we were, Switzerland,botswana is also landlock but still far ahead of all Africa countries,igbo tribes in South south will obviously join us when we get biafra,including akwa ibom because they identify with us more than the so called south south people...south South was created by the north after the war,but confused lots are claiming they are south south like they never existed before the war.
Project Nigeria failed.......

Attache by force.. They ain't igbo.. Leave them alone
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Dogogo1900: 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by Dogogo1900: 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
Just because Americans speak English doesn't mean they are British .
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by PeaceNexus(m): 6:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
The word "Ikwere" depending on the tone means " " Do you agree?," "If you agree", in Igbo language. They speak Igbo language, they bear Igbo names, and they also know where they are from. It's unfortunate that here, an Ikwere man would tell a Yoruba man that he is Igbo and the Yoruba man will be arguing with him grin grin......
Ezewuzie01:
Ikwerre is not Igbo. It's a completely different language with roots from Benin. Ask any Ikwerre man you see and he will tell you.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by DenreleDave(m): 6:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
Akaegwu:
You have to live our land and go back to Benin where you come from.

Igbo shud leave Lagos and oyo, kano and go back South east first na...
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by gartamanta: 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
DenreleDave:

Why are Igbo imposing igboship on Ikwerre... They said they ain't igbo. Ur people are forcing igboship on them

https://todayfmlive.com/news/item/6792-ikwerre-kicks-as-ohanaeze-insist-on-holding-2017-igbo-day-in-port-harcourt.html

The thread is about if the Ikwerre language is the same as the Igbo language, not if the Ikwerres are Igbo.
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by DenreleDave(m): 6:42pm On Jun 29, 2020
gartamanta:

The thread is about if the Ikwerre language is the same as the Igbo language, not if the Ikwerres are Igbo.

Shut up... In. The same post they said Ikwerre ain't igbos.

Attache by force
Re: What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? by YakubuAugust: 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2020
That is important to distinguish no?

Whether Ikwerre speak Igbo and whether Ikwerre are ethnically Igbo are two quite different things.

DenreleDave:

Shut up... In. The same post they said Ikwerre ain't igbos.

Attache by force

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Endsars - Hoodlums Now Beating Up Police And Taking Their Guns, This Is War / Sit-at-home unknown gunmen scatter people brain like moi moi - PHOTOS / 2023: 100 Bishops Announce Prayer For Yahaya Bello At Unity Fountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.