Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) (117311 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 9:56am On May 01, 2020
destinable:

These are the kind of remarks I find entirely annoying. Ignorance will make you guys argue with people that have dedicated their lives researching this field.

The bones you see are called fossils because they were buried/preserved in natural conditions that oxygen couldn't decompose them. In some cases, the fossils were so well preserved that some flesh and their entire body structure were intact.

Do not be a typical Nigerian. Ask questions and you just might be educated by professionals here in nairaland.

Mr know-it-all, I am not contesting anything with you. Let nothing annoy you. Maintain your lane as I am on my lane.

They didn't capture the stuff while embedded in the ground. Let me see 100 million years fossil in my area.

2 Likes

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:57am On May 01, 2020
dazzlingd:

Lemme tell u why the person u quoted is more intelligent than u are...
He is open minded and rational unlike u, he has left his mind open and that's the definition of a solution minded person.
In his quest for knowledge and answers, he has refused to be blinded by a fairy tale handed over to him to search for the truth even though he does not know..

Unlike u who already concluded the bible god created the universe according to the Jewish myths....this is 2020, and the best form to answering questions is still scientific approach...science does not have answer to our origin yet, still work in progress, but it will be a mockery of intelligence and common sense to stick to old myths of cave men era and accept a myth that fails all scientific fact as our answer to our origin.

You are no different from som1 who says odudua came down to earth with a rope and obatala moulded humans....
You said a lot but delivered no substance..Jewish myth or caveman stories...every sane person (scientists or not) knows intrinsically that the earth and it's surrounding environment had an intelligent design behind it's origin..whatever you choose to call that designer is upto you.

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 9:58am On May 01, 2020
Rexnegro:
my own is who counted the years ? upper nonsense

Oh how did they count the years
How did scientists know there is crude oil under the ground.

How did scientist launch satellites into space and it hangs there.
How do science know the sex of a child before its born
How did scientist know germs exists
How did scientists know matters are made up if atoms.
How did science make man land on the moon.
How do they know the depth of oceans
How did they even know the mass of the earth, did they weigh the earth...??

That's how u sound stupid

And yet u use Google maps for navigation, how did they do google maps...eyah

9 Likes

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by DrBrainstorm(m): 9:59am On May 01, 2020
Openbusiness:

Psalm 90:4 For in Your sight a thousand years are but a day that passes, or a watch of the night. "A day" referenced here is 12 hours. The new testament also spoke of a similar thing, when it was talking about the 2nd coming of Christ. So Science or carbon dating is correct, the world is several billion years old, and that actually makes sense when you consider the physical evidences on ground. But it also points to the fact that the way we view time or calculate time is not the same way the eternal God views time
True!
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by AlexyA(m): 10:00am On May 01, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3lulxEZd_k

a throwback to Nollywood movie Egg of life cast THEN and NOW. Please like and subscribe
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Macelliot(m): 10:00am On May 01, 2020
MemoriesAndMe:
100 million years? What year was the earth created according to the holy books?
According to the books, man existed 6,000 years.
Man was the last thing created.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by blowjohn(m): 10:00am On May 01, 2020
dazzlingd:

Lemme tell u why the person u quoted is more intelligent than u are...
He is open minded and rational unlike u, he has left his mind open and that's the definition of a solution minded person.
In his quest for knowledge and answers, he has refused to be blinded by a fairy tale handed over to him to search for the truth even though he does not know..

Unlike u who already concluded the bible god created the universe according to the Jewish myths....this is 2020, and the best form to answering questions is still scientific approach...science does not have answer to our origin yet, still work in progress, but it will be a mockery of intelligence and common sense to stick to old myths of cave men era and accept a myth that fails all scientific fact as our answer to our origin.

You are no different from som1 who says odudua came down to earth with a rope and obatala moulded humans....

Let me tell u why ur submission is very stupid.
Who created science? Who created scientific process of evaluating things?
U came into the world to meet science.
What is the difference between science and the fairy tale u mentioned?
Oh? Because ur brain can accommodate it but cant accommodate fairly tale?
On what authority do u claim that the best form of answering questions is by scientific approach?
U see how u shot urself in the foot?

You are no different from som1 who says odudua came down to earth with a rope and obatala moulded humans....[/quote]

Am different cos I can never believe such trash.
Experiences separate fact from fiction.
Some things are silly. Believing there is no God is one of them.

If u think everything is physical then ur on a long thing.
Oh, how come ur scientists believe there are other dimensions?
Ever heard about the word metaphysical?

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Rexnegro(m): 10:00am On May 01, 2020
neneskidaboss:

The holy books is about the story of creation, NOT the beginning of creation.
truth be told I read this like three times to grab what up , this is confusing u no ... book of genesis talked about the beginning of creation na

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:00am On May 01, 2020
destinable:

You again! You need to read geological journals. The last time you were arguing here, I didn't want to engage because you think you know more than professionals that have given years in this field. Personally, I have give close to a decade of my life as a Geologist.

Google continental drift, then maybe you'll understand why animals and plants share same characteristics across several continents. It's not about trans-Atlantic voyage.

I hope you learn.
Everyone who watches educative documentaries and not bbnaija, who reads materials and researches and not Mills and boons knows what a continental drift is..and they know this earth's landscape has changed substantially than it was in the past! Your comment did not answer why those cultures had same beasts in their history..
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dreu2fine(m): 10:01am On May 01, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
Nonsense. I thought it has returned angry
which one have you done,learn to apreciate other
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by DrBrainstorm(m): 10:02am On May 01, 2020
AkuOlisa:
[color=#006600][/color]

Can you please quote where the Bible said the earth is 6000 years ?

We are waiting
Lock down don make u drink too much garri, u no dey see clearly again. Read my comment again. I wrote "According to Bible scholars".

2 Likes

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 10:03am On May 01, 2020
blowjohn:

On what authority do u claim that the best form of answering questions is by scientific approach?

When they say we are outnumbered by idiots, you are an evidence.

Just one sentence for u,
Science deals with facts not beliefs

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Rexnegro(m): 10:03am On May 01, 2020
dazzlingd:

Oh how did they count the years
How did scientists know there is crude oil under the ground.

How did scientist launch satellites into space and it hangs there.
How do science know the sex of a child before its born
How did scientist know germs exists
How did scientists know matters are made up if atoms.
How did science make man land on the moon.
How do they know the depth of oceans
How did they even know the mass of the earth, did they weigh the earth...??

That's how u sound stupid

And yet u use Google maps for navigation, how did they do google maps...eyah
u that don't sound stupid why stress the question and be answering the question with questions ? Mr know it all answer the damn question, me the stupid one want to know .
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Sleekmilan01(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2020
There's so much about earth we can't understand...

The answers is on earth and not on any planets or universes

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by destinable(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2020
Mbataku96:

You mean by professional liers.

That's my profession. Do you think you know more than I do? I blame the Nigerian educational system. In western world, these things are taught in primary schools.
You probably only think it's a lie because it contradicts your religious belief. I could give you geological books that tie some biblical events to geology eg. the parting of the red sea. This will make you see that God does not perform magic but he uses spectacular natural events for his wonders.

2 Likes

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by blowjohn(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2020
dazzlingd:

Just one sentence for u,

See this fool.
What makes something a fact?
That u say something is a fact makes it binding everywhere?
Use ur head.
The scientific process is perfect abi?
Ur not smart at all

2 Likes

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by blowjohn(m): 10:06am On May 01, 2020
Kekereekun123:
of course someone or somethings created it. But no human knows. All the religions in the world have different stories about human origins. Shows you na guess work.

Ok. So ur saying as u r now, u have no idea about ur origin?
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Rexnegro(m): 10:08am On May 01, 2020
blowjohn:

If u think everything is physical then ur on a long thing.
Oh, how come ur scientists believe there are other dimensions?
Ever heard about the word metaphysical?
bruh just leave dagglingd alone , someone who have called me stupid because I asked a question.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 10:08am On May 01, 2020
blowjohn:

Ok. So ur saying as u r now, u have no idea about ur origin?
even scientists dont know they are only guessing. In my tribe dem say na oduduwa come from heaven lol which is no different to adam being created
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by blowjohn(m): 10:09am On May 01, 2020
Kekereekun123:
even scientists dont know they are only guessing. In my tribe dem say na oduduwa come from heaven lol which is no different to adam being created

Lol.
Ok o. But try and find out.
Otherwise there is no difference between u and even a chair
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by chiefbuchiV12(m): 10:09am On May 01, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
Some times I have a feeling this people digging all the time are responsible for new diseases being discovered cheesy

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by blowjohn(m): 10:10am On May 01, 2020
Rexnegro:

bruh just leave dagglingd alone , someone who have called me stupid because I asked a question.

The guy needs help

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Philinho(m): 10:11am On May 01, 2020
MemoriesAndMe:
100 million years? What year was the earth created according to the holy books?
Only God can tell....
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by 1stola: 10:12am On May 01, 2020
DrBrainstorm:
Acoording to Bible scholars, the Earth is about 6000yrs old. God works of Creation started and was completed in 7days. But what if they were not actually days? What if it spanned over a million years?
Carbon dating has made us to know that the Earth is far more than 6000 years old.
Anyways, what do I know? undecided
The Bible is just a mere storybook...
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Mbataku96(m): 10:12am On May 01, 2020
destinable:

That's my profession. Do you think you know more than I do? I blame the Nigerian educational system. In western world, these things are taught in primary schools.
You probably only think it's a lie because it contradicts your religious belief. I could give you geological books that tie some biblical events to geology eg. the parting of the red sea. This will make you see that God does not perform magic but he uses spectacular natural events for his wonders.
You think you know more than I do, but you are totally inaccurate, make i yarn you something, in my family blood line we have people who commands the rain to stop and it stops and they tell fall and it does so, I have discovered that I inherited this abilities. Tell me dose science have anything to do with it.

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 10:13am On May 01, 2020
blowjohn:

See this fool.
What makes something a fact?
That u say something is a fact makes it binding everywhere?
Use ur head.
The scientific process is perfect abi?
Ur not smart at all

If anything is far from perfect, we all know religion

Science never claim perfection, but it's still the best and most practical form of solving problems and answering questions..

Tell me one thing ever discovered through belief??

Sorry it's painful, u can cry from now till eternity, your belief will forever remain useless

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:13am On May 01, 2020
dazzlingd:

Just one sentence for u,
I can bet my shaved off beards that you didn't even study sciences in school...but here you are taking the high ground with pseudo intelligence...not everything about science is fact based..for example the big bang 'theory' postulated by some scientists are not fact based..the origin of life is not fact based..even the coming of man is not fact based..they will find out a certain dishevelled skull and call it a homo erectus but you won't see those skulls in their numbers(as it should be)..
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by destinable(m): 10:14am On May 01, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Mr know-it-all, I am not contesting anything with you. Let nothing annoy you. Maintain your lane as I am on my lane.

They didn't capture the stuff while embedded in the ground. Let me see 100 million years fossil in my area.

I don't know it all, far from it. The difference between you and me is that you'll never catch me arguing in field I know nothing of. If you post something here about your area of study, no matter how much it defies logic, what I'd do is to Google it, and if true, I'll learn from you cos that's how I learn.

Back to this matter, they captured it while it was buried. They actually dug for weeks or months.

And yes, there could be fossils in your backyard. It doesn't have to be ginormous. It could be as small as a snail (eg. Trilobites), even microscopic (eg. Foraminifera). Google the names in bracket.

Sorry if I came across rude but just be open to learn new things.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by HabuD: 10:14am On May 01, 2020
DrBrainstorm:
Acoording to Bible scholars, the Earth is about 6000yrs old. God works of Creation started and was completed in 7days. But what if they were not actually days? What if it spanned over a million years?
Carbon dating has made us to know that the Earth is far more than 6000 years old.
Anyways, what do I know? undecided
Bible never tells us that earth is 6,000years old. Genesis 1:1 tells us that in the beginning (the Hebrew word there is re'shiyth meaning the DATELESS or eternal past) God (Hebrew is Elohim meaning Gods in plural) created the heavens and the earth. Notice it does not give any timing to the creation of earth. Then Genesis 1: 2 says "And the earth was (Hebrew word there is 'hayah' meaning TO BECOME or TO TRANSFORM INTO SOMETHING) without form and empty" AND the Spirit of God was moving over the formless earth. That verse can read 'and THE EARTH BECAME FORMLESS AND EMPTY'. This shows that a catastrophic event might have happened that made the earth in Genesis 1:1 to become formless and empty, especially when you remember that God is not an author of confusion or disorder. There is no way God can create something ab initio to be formless and empty. God himself even said he did not create the earth in vain, that he created it to be inhabited (read Isaiah 45:18; 1 Corin. 14:33).
The time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 was about millions to billions of years. Adam was not the first man on earth. There were races called the preAdamite race which existed on earth when God first made the earth. Satan, who was lucifer then was a ruler over this earth. But when he sinned against God he was thrown out of heaven and enticed the preAdamite man to sin against God. It was the sin of these preAdamite race that caused God to destroy the earth then with a flood (Jerem. 4: 23-26), just as he did years later with Noah. After all these events, this is where Genesis 1:2 begins when the Holy Spirit began to move over the waters or the flooded earth. So the book of Genesis 1 is actually the story of how God RECREATED or RESHAPENED the earth. Also remember that when God created Adam he told him to be fruitful, to multiply and to REPLENISH THE EARTH (Gen. 1: 28). You cannot replenish something unless that thing was full before and then became empty. To replenish means to fill up something that was initially full but later became empty.
So all these scientific discoveries dated to billions of years ago, including dinosaurs and abnormal men, actually existed in the preAdamite era; that is, between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. Even scientists have discovered that most of these creatures such as dinosaurs were made extinct by a great catastrophe where they were submerged in a great flood. This gives further proof of the preAdamite era being destroyed by the flood from God. This is where the confusion lies for most persons. They think Genesis 1 tells us everything about the creation of the heavens and the earth.
There is a whole lot of proof I could give you, both scientifically and from scriptures, but for lack of space and timing.

2 Likes

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 10:15am On May 01, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

I can bet my shaved off beards that you didn't even study sciences in school...but here you are taking the high ground with pseudo intelligence...not everything about science is fact based..for example the big bang 'theory' postulated by some scientists are not fact based..the origin of life is not fact based..even the coming of man is not fact based..they will find out a certain dishevelled skull and call it a homo erectus but you won't see those skulls in their numbers(as it should be)..

Before u quote someone, u need to read!!!

Where did I say science has answer to our origin.. Egabmi!!
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by bigcee(m): 10:16am On May 01, 2020
tonididdy:
Hmmm... byway happy me month
Lmao grin financial support grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex / Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) / Live Updates On Today's Solar Eclipse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.