Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,033 members, 7,814,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies (34865 Views)

Peter Obi Hails Tinubu For Adopting Oronsanye Report / Again, Buhari Asks Nigerians To Vote For Tinubu / Presidential Poll: Buhari Asks Tribunal To Grant Access To Inspect Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 11:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the implementation of a report submitted by the presidential committee on restructuring and rationalization of federal government parastatals, commissions and agencies during the Goodluck Jonathan administration.

Commonly called the Oransaye report, the 800-paged report had recommended the abolishment and merging of 102 government agencies and parastatals.

Zainab Ahmed, the minister of finance, budget and national planning, told Channels TV on Wednesday that the president’s approval has been forwarded to the head of civil service and secretary-general of the federation.

“The president has approved that this administration should implement the Oransanye report,” Ahmed said.

“It has reviewed the whole of the size of government and has made very significant recommendations in terms of reducing the number of agencies and that would mean merging some agencies.

“This is a report that has been in place for a long time and there hasn’t been implementation but the president has approved that this should be implemented and we have conveyed Mr President’s approval to the arms of government that are responsible for this and that will be the office of the secretary of government and the head of civil service of the federation.”

Stephen Oransaye, a former head of civil service, had headed a committee set up by Buhari’s predecessor to identify civil service inadequacies.

At the time, the seven-man committee said the “rationalization of agencies, parastatals and commissions would have human dimensions and cost implications” and recommended that the government should focus on empowering the MDAs “to do more for less”.

https://www-thecable-ng.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.thecable.ng/oronsanye-report-buhari-asks-sgf-hos-to-scrap-merge-some-agencies/amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecable.ng%2Foronsanye-report-buhari-asks-sgf-hos-to-scrap-merge-some-agencies[b][/b]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by SeverusSnape(m): 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
Bubu the mumu is just clueless.

Trial by error government.

Achievement(s): Nothing.

They now know that this recommendation from the Jonathan Administration is the best. grin

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 11:38pm On Apr 30, 2020
I think this is a good move ,but why wait till now? Meaning the presence of COVID-19 forced the country into embracing this report. Hmm...Nigeria and leadership embarassed!

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by ignis: 11:39pm On Apr 30, 2020
Great move...

I actually hope the implementation will be followed by a thorough political reform.

NASS to follow please...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 11:39pm On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:

Mm..mm

But Erstwhile President, Goodluck Jonathan refused to implement this report which was done during his administration.

152 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by SeverusSnape(m): 11:40pm On Apr 30, 2020
IamCookie:

Mm..mm

I am sure you know by now that bubu the mumu is just there sipping brukutu and eating gworo. Nothing dey him head grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Golan007: 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
IamCookie:
I think this is a good move ,but why wait till now? Meaning the presence of COVID-19 forced the country into embracing this report. Hmm...Nigeria and leadership embarassed!

Actually, Buhari did merge some ministries the last time around such as Power, Works and Housing.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:

I am sure you know by now that bubu the mumu is just there sipping brukutu and eating gworo. Nothing dey him head grin
Bro, the koko be say e don start to they implement am. Why GEJ no implement am too?

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Golan007: 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:

They now know that this recommendation from the Jonathan Administration is the best. grin

Jonathan has been retired by the Nigerian electorate.

Give it up already.

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 11:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:

embarassed undecided

1 Like

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
Golan007:

Actually, Buhati did merge some ministries the last time around such as Power, Works and Housing.
No, he didn't merge them together. Just one person was heading the three ministries instead of three.

As for me, I will give kudos to buhari for this.

16 Likes

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by BigIyanga: 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
Golan007:

Actually, Buhati did merge some ministries the last time around such as Power, Works and Housing.
On paper yes, but doubled the size of national budget.. in recurrent spending. From N3.8tn in 2015 to over N8tn in 2019

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by SeverusSnape(m): 11:54pm On Apr 30, 2020
Golan007:

Jonathan has been retired by the Nigerian electorate.
Give it up already.
Bubu the mumu is a dullard. Accept that already. Thanks.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 11:54pm On Apr 30, 2020
Golan007:

You are correct. However, I'd expect that transition committee set up by President Buhari looked at this report earlier and start its implementation. Well, as they say, "better late than never."

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 11:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
SeverusSnape:

Bubu the mumu is a dullard. Accept that already. Thanks.

You are the dullard sir. Judging from your comments so far ...even in previous threads.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan forever .

Man wey him brain dey function well

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 11:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
BigIyanga:

On paper yes, but doubled the size of national budget.. in recurrent spending. From N3.8tn in 2015 to over N8tn in 2019

I believe they have come into its realization that such cannot be sustained .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by SeverusSnape(m): 11:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
IamCookie:

You are the dullard sir. Judging from your comments so far ...even in previous threads.
You are a zombie ma... Judging from the way you've been following me since today.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 12:00am On May 01, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan forever .

Man wey him brain dey function well

Laughable... cheesy

25 Likes

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Nobody: 12:03am On May 01, 2020
Are we resetting or na their usual flabbergasted show?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:03am On May 01, 2020
IamCookie:

Laughable... cheesy

I so much love Jonathan .

Real love not fake love .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 12:03am On May 01, 2020
SeverusSnape:

You are a zombie ma... Judging from the way you've been following me since today.

No , I am not a zombie. I just got tired of your hateful comments on our President's personality without a clear input to matters arising.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Golan007: 12:04am On May 01, 2020
BigIyanga:

And what exactly is wrong with that?
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 12:05am On May 01, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

I so much love Jonathan .

Real love not fake love .

No problem about that.
What about the way his administration runs the Economy , government and its institutions...?

12 Likes

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by BigIyanga: 12:06am On May 01, 2020
Golan007:

And what exactly is wrong with that?

If you dont know the meaning of recurrent exp without Google, you should not engage this type of debate

7 Likes

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by SeverusSnape(m): 12:07am On May 01, 2020
IamCookie:

No , I am not a zombie. I just got tired of your hateful comments on our President's personality without a clear input to matters arising.
But you sounded like one. Most Bubu the mumu supporters are Zombies.

Which Clear inputs are you looking for again?, go through my posts and see if there's none. By the way, Zombies don't see clear inputs, it's like pouring water in a basket.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 12:13am On May 01, 2020
SeverusSnape:

But you sounded like one. Most Bubu the mumu supporters are Zombies.

Which Clear inputs are you looking for again?, go through my posts and see if there's none. By the way, Zombies don't see clear inputs, it's like pouring water in a basket.

So, that is the reason you decide to embrace the 'unclear way of communicating?!' Funny man

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Kdon2: 12:13am On May 01, 2020
Golan007:

That's a very dumb move.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:14am On May 01, 2020
IamCookie:

No problem about that.
What about the way his administration runs the Economy , government and its institutions...?
He did well sincerely .
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 12:17am On May 01, 2020
SeverusSnape:

Commonly called the Oransaye report, the 800-paged report had recommended the abolishment and merging of 102 government agencies and parastatals.

It was recommended to Jonathan's administration but he lacked the political will, and not Jonathan's administration recommending it to Buhari's .

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by SeverusSnape(m): 12:18am On May 01, 2020
IamCookie:

So, that is the reason you decide to embrace the 'unclear way of communicating?!' Funny man
Maybe, There was a time i had time to thrash issues squarely, But when i realized that the people i was conversing with were not really humans grin, I changed tactics. I just type a short comment and move on.

Zombies that believe bubu the mumu is a saint and a man of integrity, Arguing with them is like boiling stone. grin. Waste of precious time.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by SeverusSnape(m): 12:20am On May 01, 2020
IamCookie:

It was recommended to Jonathan's administration but he lacked the political will, and not Jonathan's administration recommending it to Buhari's .

Fingers crossed, We know this government is a government of 'we will' 'we will'. Let's see if they will implement it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pete Edochie & Obiano At The Commissioning Of Stanel World In Awka (Photos) / Rotimi Amaechi And Abdulsalami Abubakar Laughing And Playing (Photo) / Youths Elect Representatives On Lagos SARS Panel. See How To Follow Proceedings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.