Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,837,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies (34935 Views)

Peter Obi Hails Tinubu For Adopting Oronsanye Report / Again, Buhari Asks Nigerians To Vote For Tinubu / Presidential Poll: Buhari Asks Tribunal To Grant Access To Inspect Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by captainamiedi1: 11:45am On May 01, 2020
Uchedeformula:

.....and so dear brother, this fact justifies the ineptitude of this administration. Let's quit this mentality of PDP's performances was woeful, and therefore APC shouldn't be held accountable. This is d bane of our predicament in this country. Let's hold current leaders accountable irrespective of the abysmal records of previous leaders. That is d only way going forward can be better and the future can be promising.

Yar'auda and GEJ tenure oil price was as high as $91 per barrel and they had no infrastructure on ground till he left. Buhari is selling crude oil for $25 per barrel and NNPC is doing giveaway so as to attract buyers and you want him to perform magic?? FG is broke the current money been spend or from our reserve. The problem has been for too long. Sadly, Buhari is not the answer

1 Like

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by 9jatriot(m): 11:49am On May 01, 2020
While what you said is the general truth, however, El Rufia has been able to successfully do controversial things in his first term that many other governors will not dare.
Once again, this is not for arguments, you are largely correct. Tough policies tend to be introduce in the early phase of second term.
Uchedeformula:

Madam, the truth is that no Administration in Naija can implement such recommendation in its first term. Absolutely not feasible because downsizing will step on many toes and pose threats to re-election. I personally believe that if Jonathan had won 2nd term, he would have implemented it.

With due respect Ma'am, this is Nigeria. Our political terrain is very sensitive. And if you study our history very well you will realize that radical decisions are made by Civilian Presidents and Governors often in their 2nd tenure. It's a norm, and wise politicians play by this rule.

2 Likes

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Bimpe29: 11:51am On May 01, 2020
It's just pretty long overdue in the interest of cost reduction, eradication of duplicate function and good governance.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by benitwater(m): 11:54am On May 01, 2020
I was expecting to see the names of those MDAs involved.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by BigIyanga: 12:06pm On May 01, 2020
Golan007:

I asked you what exactly is wrong with it.

I guess people just throw around words without actually dissecting them for their true worth.

Many of you are true zombies.
I didnt take your school fees from u and it’s not my job educate u.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by adelaja70(m): 12:14pm On May 01, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

I so much love Jonathan .

Real love not fake love .

No be your problem be that...
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Kingspin(m): 12:32pm On May 01, 2020
IamCookie:

Mm..mm

But Erstwhile President, Goodluck Jonathan refused to implement this report which was done during his administration.
Just a political announcement to stir Nigerians in the midst of Covid 19 pandemic and you're jumping up and down like you are new to Nigeria game.

Reply to me when the committee has successfully completed its task.

Tell the same Buhari to sign the electoral law.

1 Like

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by wirinet(m): 12:33pm On May 01, 2020
SeverusSnape:
Bubu the mumu is just clueless.

Trial by error government.

Achievement(s): Nothing.

They now know that this recommendation from the Jonathan Administration is the best. grin
you and all the people that liked your useless post are anarchists. Nigeria will never be destroyed no matter how much you wish and pray. its you and your likes that will be destroyed instead.

Your personal lord and saviour Jonathan inaugurated the Oresanye committee in August 2011, to look into the high cost of governance, due to the numerous ministries and parastatals, many performing duplication of functions. After a few months the committee recommended the scrapping of numerous parastatals and merging many of them. Until your god - Jonathan left office, he refused to even look at the recommendations, not to talk of implementing it. A full 8 years after the report was submitted, Buhari dusted the Oresanye committee's report and directed that it be implemented, but the children of hate are still cursing and insulting.

What do you people want? If you hate Nigeria and Nigerians so much, why not commence the legal and political process, many people will support you. it is difficult to partner and make progress with people with such negative energy.

1 Like

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by wirinet(m): 12:36pm On May 01, 2020
Kingspin:
Just a political announcement to stir Nigerians in the midst of Covid 19 era and your jumping up and down like you are new to Nigeria game.

To much negative thinking. The president only directed the implementation of the report yesterday, wait a few months to see if it is being implemented or not before you start making doomsday predictions.

2 Likes

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Kingspin(m): 12:39pm On May 01, 2020
wirinet:

you and all the people that liked your useless post are anarchists. Nigeria will never be destroyed no matter how much you wish and pray. its you and your likes that will be destroyed instead.

Your personal lord and saviour Jonathan inaugurated the Oresanye committee in August 2011, to look into the high cost of governance, due to the numerous ministries and parastatals, many performing duplication of functions. After a few months the committee recommended the scrapping of numerous parastatals and merging many of them. Until your god - Jonathan left office, he refused to even look at the recommendations, not to talk of implementing it. A full 8 years after the report was submitted, Buhari dusted the Oresanye committee's report and directed that it be implemented, but the children of hate are still cursing and insulting.

What do you people want? If you hate Nigeria and Nigerians so much, why not commence the legal and political process, many people will support you. it is difficult to partner and make progress with people with such negative energy.
Stop running mouth
Tell the same Buhari to implement the nation confab report and sign electoral law

1 Like

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by wirinet(m): 12:43pm On May 01, 2020
Kingspin:
Stop running mouth
Tell the same Buhari to implement the nation confab report and sign electoral law

Why did'nt your lord and personal saviour implement nation confab report before leaving office?

1 Like

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by SeverusSnape(m): 12:46pm On May 01, 2020
wirinet:

Okay.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Kingspin(m): 12:48pm On May 01, 2020
wirinet:

To much negative thinking. The president only directed the implementation of the report yesterday, wait a few months to see if it is being implemented or not before you start making doomsday predictions.
I don't know anything operating by government of Nigeria that is a success story even the money they are sharing to the poor.

I repeat this is convid era focus on that now that is what government around the globe are doing.

If Buhari cares let him sign the electoral law it will benefit APC, PDP and Nigerians.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by tot(f): 12:48pm On May 01, 2020
grandstar:

The only reason why you're saying this is because you're a Buhari fan. If it was someone you did not like, you'd be strident in condemning him.

I don't see the big deal calling Buhari an economic illiterate. He has a lamentable understanding of the subject and has left the economy in tatters.

My past posts are all there, I have never been a fan of Buhari, don't agree with his policies or nepotism BUT that is absolutely no excuse to be using abusive words. Makes no sense at all.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 12:50pm On May 01, 2020
Kingspin:
Just a political announcement to stir Nigerians in the midst of Covid 19 era and your jumping up and down like you are new to Nigeria game.

Tell the same Buhari to sign the electoral law.

So, President Buhari must sign everything that comes to his table abi ? Just like Former President ,GEJ signed everything undecided
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by grandstar(m): 12:50pm On May 01, 2020
tot:

My past posts are all there, I have never been a fan of Buhari, don't agree with his policies or nepotism BUT that is absolutely no excuse to be using abusive words. Makes no sense at all.

I really don't see the phrase economic illiterate as an insult. If I was called a physics illiterate, would it hurt? Well.........
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Kingspin(m): 12:58pm On May 01, 2020
IamCookie:

So, President Buhari must sign everything that comes to his table abi ? Just like Former President ,GEJ signed everything undecided
Stopping thinking by half. What is everything? Problems are solved according to their importance

If GEJ did not do it let Buhari as a good man indeed go-ahead.
The confab, Oron report like the election reform.

Surprise Nigerians.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by tot(f): 1:05pm On May 01, 2020
grandstar:

I really don't see the phrase economic illiterate as an insult. If I was called a physics illiterate, would it hurt? Well.........

You are trying to change what is being discussed. The guy I quoted was writing Bubu the Mumu all over the place. That is not the same as criticism, it is abusive and disrespectful.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 01, 2020
BigIyanga:

On paper yes, but doubled the size of national budget.. in recurrent spending. From N3.8tn in 2015 to over N8tn in 2019

My guess would be since the exchange rate doubled, it very likely also affected the budget. If we compared both budgets in dollar terms, would it be the same, or vastly different?

1 Like

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Golan007: 1:08pm On May 01, 2020
BigIyanga:

I didnt take your school fees from u and it’s not my job educate u.

Ok.

Just say you really don't know and you are used to regurgitating anything you've come across without the ability to analyse things independently.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by Aksimple47(m): 1:21pm On May 01, 2020
Poorboy:
yes just finished reading it
Pls share for me via aksimple4sure@gmail.com.
I need it it urgent pls...
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by SirWarlock: 1:35pm On May 01, 2020
adecz:
angry

VIO, Licensing Office & Road safety
should be merged with immediate effect.

The Senate legislative arm of government
should be scrapped as the House
of Assembly can suffice to make
laws for our land .

The office of deputy governor
can also go, while Head Of Service
will act when governor is away.

Office of The First Lady be terminated
& her activities restricted to the
Kitchen & Za oza room. cool

sad sad sad sad
Some of these can only be done by constitution amendment I think �

1 Like

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by LaIabobo: 1:37pm On May 01, 2020
SeverusSnape:
Bubu the mumu is just clueless.

Trial by error government.

Achievement(s): Nothing.

They now know that this recommendation from the Jonathan Administration is the best. grin

Jonathan administration rejected almost all the recommendations. Be informed

1 Like

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by LaIabobo: 1:41pm On May 01, 2020
IamCookie:

I think it's high time the administration did that.

Mods: lalasticlala, others
kindly move to front page. Nairalanders need to know.
Happy New Month

It is a really dirty job that requires stepping on toes.

Only someone powerful and with no political ambition like Abba Kyari can spearhead this type of mission.

Osinbajo won't even dare try. Else his political career might be over.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by SirWarlock: 1:42pm On May 01, 2020
COMPAQ:
In fact Buhari should be using this crisis to execute a number of things. The opportunity to do this was there in 2015, but he was was too politically scared to do them, perhaps because of second term.

Full deregulation of petrol prices: As far as I'm concerned the modulation policy credited to NNPC MD still leaves an entry point for FG. It should be fully deregulated like diesel

Implementation of Orasanye report. Nigeria has too many unproductive civil servants.

Reducing the budget of National Assembly: I still don't understand how the NASS has more budget than many states in Nigeria.

Privatization of more government companies: There are still many government assets that would benefit from privatisation, such as NTA, airports, sea ports and even roads. That frees up FG from having to make allocations and pay salaries.

Reducing the salaries AND ALLOWANCES of Nigerian political appointees, the president and his vice president.
Concerning the national assembly I agree with that. I don't know what sort of deal they had with the executive for them to be afraid to look into(not just this administration). Perhaps there's a constitutional act preventing that? �
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by SmartchildTutor: 1:51pm On May 01, 2020
IamCookie:

Smiles. You don't need to ask for your neighbour. Simply tell me that I committed an error and I'll thank you for the correction. Thanks for highlighting it ,anyway. Good morning
Cute thing you didn't take offence.
Hi Cookie.
How's Lucious?

1 Like

Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by XX01(f): 1:57pm On May 01, 2020
IamCookie:

Mm..mm

But Erstwhile President, Goodluck Jonathan refused to implement this report which was done during his administration.

Report came out March 2014, elections were Feb 2015. Should he have implemented so soon to an election? That would be like setting the next administration up and himself as well.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by EagleSquare1(m): 1:59pm On May 01, 2020
I am sorry, but I guess we are all clueless.
I would have expected discussions here on possible MDAs (even if we haven’t read the report) to be merged or scrapped, but all I am getting are insults and counter-insults flying all around.

I would recommend a report that will just merge all our heads here together and have them scrapped due to the overhead cost of wasted data and man hours!

IamCookie:

https://www-thecable-ng.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.thecable.ng/oronsanye-report-buhari-asks-sgf-hos-to-scrap-merge-some-agencies/amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecable.ng%2Foronsanye-report-buhari-asks-sgf-hos-to-scrap-merge-some-agencies[b][/b]
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by EagleSquare1(m): 2:01pm On May 01, 2020
That’s why we talk about the ‘political will.’
If you lack it, you lack it!

XX01:

Report came out March 2014, elections were Feb 2015. Should he have implemented so soon to an election? That would be like setting the next administration up and himself as well.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by olaayodele(m): 2:10pm On May 01, 2020
SeverusSnape:

I am sure you know by now that bubu the mumu is just there sipping brukutu and eating gworo. Nothing dey him head grin
We should mind how we refer to people. The way you refer to them so also expect such from others. Our president should be respected.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by SeverusSnape(m): 2:13pm On May 01, 2020
olaayodele:

We should mind how we refer to people. The way you refer to them so also expect such from others. Our president should be respected.
Jonathan was not respected, Don't expect bubu the mumu to be respected. What goes around comes around.
Re: Oronsanye Report: Buhari Asks SGF, HOS To Scrap, Merge Some Agencies by IamCookie(f): 2:30pm On May 01, 2020
EagleSquare1:
I am sorry, but I guess we are all clueless.
I would have expected discussions here on possible MDAs (even if we haven’t read the report) to be merged or scrapped, but all I am getting are insults and counter-insults flying all around.

I would recommend a report that will just merge all our heads here together and have them scrapped due to the overhead cost of wasted data and man hours!

Hmm. You are so on track.
Accordingly ,you could also be a part of the proceeding by looking into the report and bringing it over for further discussion.

Looking forward, where convenient

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ongoing Construction Of Nsukka Township Stadium In Enugu (Photos) / Malami: Banning Open Grazing Is Like Banning Sale Of Spare Parts in the North / Kwankwaso Commissions Governor El-Rufai's Projects In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.