Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers (79265 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries / 'FG Plans To Retrench Workers' - Labour Raises Alarm / Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Nobody: 8:14am On May 01, 2020
They were really looking out for this opportunity, Paying full salaries was never a problem. They know people will accept anything at this period and are just taking advantage of the commotion.

11 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Galactico4ever(m): 8:15am On May 01, 2020
What Nonsense! So after giving the FG 1billion you are retrenching and reducing the wages of your employees? poor management is what will be our bane in this country. I pity diamond bank though as this merger might prove to be worser than bankruptcy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:15am On May 01, 2020
Lord of Mercy!!! Do they know what 75% means?? This is sadly just the beginning sad

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Lexusgs430: 8:15am On May 01, 2020
This is just the beginning.........

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Nobody: 8:16am On May 01, 2020
Imagine! and they dashed FG,one billion, this is a bad news
Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by jolyment: 8:16am On May 01, 2020
Haa

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Miky91: 8:16am On May 01, 2020
No wonder they collect high tax rate. They are broke. They are stealing customers money. Was shocked how money was deducted from my account

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by ZeusP(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2020
Economic Recession!!!
Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by ehmmy11(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2020
Na contract staff dey always collect shokey
Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by livebyday(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2020
Well access bank staff, you have my condolences

Truth be told you can't blame the bank,and alot more companies are going to cut jobs

Why? Because during this lock down companies where forced to run processes remotely and then analusize all processes up to a miniscule level

Hence they have realized alot of roles in their companies are redundant and unneeded

So expect more Job cuts and no new recruitments

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by gaby(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2020
My own na, make dem sha softly dey put all the lie for aunty Coro head.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by bishopmc(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2020
Scary, so sad.

Nevertheless, you can still place your order now.
Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Bugatie(m): 8:18am On May 01, 2020
Keep the staff members and reduce your national donations

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Parable007: 8:18am On May 01, 2020
This is not getting any funny at all
Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by ud4u: 8:18am On May 01, 2020
I don happen 75%

And 25% go remain.

It is finished

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by manuel4real(m): 8:18am On May 01, 2020
Igwe35:
Oh my goodness. Why?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Nobody: 8:19am On May 01, 2020
Hubris Wigwe .

Doing the needful. Whats 40% of say N10m?

The person earning 100k that loses 40% will definitely feel the impact more than those who earn much higher.

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by ugo227(m): 8:19am On May 01, 2020

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by candyboy(m): 8:19am On May 01, 2020
Dear God, please come and rescue us in Nigeria. I have a wonderful friend working at Access Bank. God pls don't let him be affected by this retrenchment going on there, in Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by just2endowed: 8:19am On May 01, 2020
There is no labour law in Nigeria as usual.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by raddyworld: 8:19am On May 01, 2020
Not only access bank But establishment. Change is a constant thing. The most important thing is we should adjust not until the whole things meet u. U can start setting up something for yourself. Bcus at the end of all years of labour with banks u will still go to what you have being avoiding for years. Which is business.
Now as a wise person u must always study the future of any company you worked for, banks retrenchment didn't just started today in Nigeria. I hope everyone involved should have set up a plan B before this time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by fisher45: 8:19am On May 01, 2020
After donating 2 billion. You cannot pay salaries. Are you Kidding?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by OlawaleBammie: 8:19am On May 01, 2020
How much dem dey colet wey dem wan slash again??

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Orobo20: 8:20am On May 01, 2020
post=89052037:
ok
Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Nobody: 8:20am On May 01, 2020
majamajic:
I was talking with one salary earner , he said he wish the lockdown never ends , he was full of confident

I laughed him ,
it depends where he or she works. i tink it doesn't affect him personally in any way
Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Orobo20: 8:21am On May 01, 2020
[s]
post=89052037:
75% what

Who go come remain for the bank?
Only senior staff?

Coronavirus, this is not just fair, we saw somewhere here yesterday that over 30 million Americans are currently without jobs.

Sh#t ain't funny!
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Nobody: 8:21am On May 01, 2020
Spec7:
They were really looking out for this opportunity, Paying full salaries was never a problem. They know people will accept anything at this period and are just taking advantage of the commotion.

Bingo! You be said it. BTW help me tell access to release corpers allowed na, other banks have released.

What's the point of calling it access if you can't access your own money?

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by cbngov01(m): 8:22am On May 01, 2020
After donating 2bn to the govt to fight COVID-19, you turn around and layoff your staff and likewise reduce salaries of the staff retained. Is it lack of foresight or is this a joke!

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Nobody: 8:22am On May 01, 2020
fisher45:
After donating 2 billion. You cannot pay salaries. Are you Kidding?

Sometimes these donations are just PR stunts, no cash moves.

5 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by majamajic(m): 8:23am On May 01, 2020
Miniso:
it depends where he or she works. i tink it doesn't affect him personally in any way

Whatever , things won't be same in every aspect
Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by KingUg(m): 8:24am On May 01, 2020
75% that's too much but this access bank matter tire me ooh that's how they would just be deducting money from my account without transaction detail nothing..... The banking sector is just a very funny sector in this hardship you still want to retrench staffs that 1 billion that was donated would have been used for staff welfare but bad management & policy won't allow them...... Na to retrench staffs & then place ad for employment with a lower pay that's what they want to do cause they know people would opt for the lower pay cause of the hardship

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers by Miky91: 8:24am On May 01, 2020
No wonder they are always deducting money in a questionable way as tax and other deduction from my account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video) / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.