Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? (6253 Views)

Should Pastors And Their Family Members Tithe? / CAN Headquarter Disassociate Itself From Pastors Who Paid A Visit To COZA' / Chris Okotie And Tom Sampson: 2 Nigerian Pastors Who Own Rolls-Royce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

You are not supposed to be driving and laughing. cool
Where is LASTMA? angry
MuttleyLaff supposed to be arrested for laughing while driving~OLAADEGBU cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by orisa37: 6:13am On Jun 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

What then should we do with them when they've been caught pants down?

DAVID KILLED THE LION TAMPERING WITH HIS SHEEP.
SUCH PASTORS ARE WOLVES IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING.
WHAT YOU DO WITH SUCH PASTORS WILL TELL HOW MUCH YOU CAN MAKE GOOD DECISION.
IT'S LIKE A GOVERNOR OF SAY ONDO STATE CATCHING A BOKOHARAM OR A FH MALTREATING A SUBSISTENCE FARMER IN YOUR BACKYARD..OR
LIKE CATCHING A THIEF PANT'S DOWN BLEEPING YOUR WIFE.
SUCH PASTORS ARE CERTIFICATED SINNERS. THEY HAVE BREACHED THE COVENANT OF GOD.
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31am On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Where is LASTMA? angry

If they stop him now he will be shouting Black Lives Matter! grin

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2020
orisa37:

DAVID KILLED THE LION TAMPERING WITH HIS SHEEP.
SUCH PASTORS ARE WOLVES IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING.
WHAT YOU DO WITH SUCH PASTORS WILL TELL HOW MUCH YOU CAN MAKE GOOD DECISION.
IT'S LIKE A GOVERNOR OF SAY ONDO STATE CATCHING A BOKOHARAM OR A FH MALTREATING A SUBSISTENCE FARMER IN YOUR BACKYARD..OR
LIKE CATCHING A THIEF PANT'S DOWN BLEEPING YOUR WIFE.
SUCH PASTORS ARE CERTIFICATED SINNERS. THEY HAVE BREACHED THE COVENANT OF GOD.

When and who is going to the first person to take this kind of action? cheesy
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by MuttleyLaff: 10:53am On Jun 15, 2020
Maximus69:
Where is LASTMA? angry

OLAADEGBU:
Go ask Baba donnie, I am an Israelite, lmao. All lives matter, not BLM only ooo, lmao.
Oluwatoyin Salau RIP and Rest in Power.

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Jun 15, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Go ask Baba donnie, I am an Israelite, lmao. All lives matter, not BLM only ooo, lmao.
Oluwatoyin Salau RIP and Rest in Power.

Is it donnie that is busy protesting BLM you will be calling when traffic police stops you for laughing and driving? Oluwatoyin Salau's life obviously didn't matter to the BLM movement, it does not fit into the liberal narrative.
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by MuttleyLaff: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Is it donnie that is busy protesting BLM you will be calling when traffic police stops you for laughing and driving? Oluwatoyin Salau's life obviously didn't matter to the BLM movement, it does not fit into the liberal narrative.
Oluwatoyin Salau was abused and molested by a black man, parading to be a "pastor" just before she was declared missing on the 6th of June 2020, then later, on the 11th of June, her mum announced she's being found dead.

On the day of her disappearance, Salau had tweeted that she had been molested by a man who had offered to take her to a place to sleep. The following below, is what tweeted

Oluwatoyin @virgingrltoyin · Jun 6, 2020
Anyways I was molested in Tallahassee, Florida by a black man this morning at 5:30 on Richview and Park Ave. The man offered to give me a ride to find someplace to sleep and recollect my belongings from a church I refuged to a couple days back to escape unjust living conditions.

He came disguised as a man of God and ended up picking me up from nearby Saxon Street. I entered his truck only because I carry anything to defend myself not even a phone (which is currently at the church) and I have poor vision. I trusted the holy spirit to keep me safe
7:57 PM - Jun 6, 2020

Replying to @virgingrltoyin
Going back to the situation that happened to me this morning, I did not fall asleep. He then asked me if I wanted a massage at this moment his roommate who was in the house was asleep. I was laying on my stomach trying to calm myself down from severe ptsd. He started touching-

My back and rubbing my body using my body until he climaxed and then went to sleep. Before I realized what happened to me I looked over and his clothes were completely off. Once I saw he was asleep I escaped from the house and started walking from Richview Road to anywhere else

He also said on different occasion, a Ghanaian man raped her. Black on black crime here, hmmm.
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54am On Jun 15, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Oluwatoyin Salau was abused and molested by a black man, parading to be a "pastor" just before she was declared missing on the 6th of June 2020, then later, on the 11th of June, her mum announced she's being found dead.

On the day of her disappearance, Salau had tweeted that she had been molested by a man who had offered to take her to a place to sleep. The following below, is what tweeted

Oluwatoyin @virgingrltoyin · Jun 6, 2020
Anyways I was molested in Tallahassee, Florida by a black man this morning at 5:30 on Richview and Park Ave. The man offered to give me a ride to find someplace to sleep and recollect my belongings from a church I refuged to a couple days back to escape unjust living conditions.

He came disguised as a man of God and ended up picking me up from nearby Saxon Street. I entered his truck only because I carry anything to defend myself not even a phone (which is currently at the church) and I have poor vision. I trusted the holy spirit to keep me safe
7:57 PM - Jun 6, 2020

Replying to @virgingrltoyin
Going back to the situation that happened to me this morning, I did not fall asleep. He then asked me if I wanted a massage at this moment his roommate who was in the house was asleep. I was laying on my stomach trying to calm myself down from severe ptsd. He started touching-

My back and rubbing my body using my body until he climaxed and then went to sleep. Before I realized what happened to me I looked over and his clothes were completely off. Once I saw he was asleep I escaped from the house and started walking from Richview Road to anywhere else

He also said on different occasion, a Ghanaian man raped her. Black on black crime here, hmmm.

Why did she trust in the so called pastor and not in her parent(s)? Back to the topic using this scenario, what should the church do with this pastor if it was discovered that he allegedly murdered the teenager to cover his track? Should the church return him as a pastor of the flock in the church? assuming he has genuinely repented after the crime. cool
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by MuttleyLaff: 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Why did she trust in the so called pastor and not in her parent(s)? Back to the topic using this scenario, what should the church do with this pastor if it was discovered that he allegedly murdered the teenager to cover his track?
You are pretending as if you are not familiar with estranged from families 19 years olds, who end up at refuge centres, similar to St Vincent's Centre at Victoria SW1P

OLAADEGBU:
Should the church return him as a pastor of the flock in the church? assuming he has genuinely repented after the crime. cool
Why shouldn't the church why not, especially, if he really is seen to be remorseful, genuinely repented, has been subjected to the law of the land and has paid his dues for the crime.
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

You are pretending as if you are not familiar with estranged from families 19 years olds, who end up at refuge centres, similar to St Vincent's Centre at Victoria SW1P

These teenagers that have been brainwashed with secular liberal ideologies in schools can hardly wait to get out of the house to claim their so called freedom, the same happens in church who seem to think that the grass is greener on the other side. When they get out there they then discover that is not usually the case.

I read a case this morning where two girls got raped by 7 boys who spiked their drinks and tortured them into submission. It was discovered that the girl's friend who was not a virgin as the girls arranged for them to be gang raped. Those virgin girls left their parents homes at Gbagada GRA to give their female friend a surprise birthday gift at her cousin's house not knowing that their so called friend had set them up. One can only wonder whether they informed their parents before leaving their house.

MuttleyLaff:

Why shouldn't the church why not, especially, if he really is seen to be remorseful, genuinely repented, has been subjected to the law of the land and has paid his dues for the crime.

If this were to have happened in a secular setting in the UK for instance, do you think the culprit would be allowed anywhere near the vulnerables? even after he "has been subjected to the law of the land and paid his dues"? undecided
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by donnie(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU MuttleyLaff

Please o... I am not part of their BLM movement. Instead of repenting as ISRAEL and keeping YAHUAH's commandments they're busy protesting. Those protests will not change nothing... it will not move dem white devils. In fact ESAU already has this thing all planned out, they expected for such protests to arise.

How can you protest and go back to bowing down to white JESUS, patronizing their fake hair, nails, bleaching creams etc. Even if blacks want to use those foolish things, can't they produce them? Whey enrich every other nation but themselves.

How come them celebrities are only speaking up now? How come they never gave back all that money to the black community before now? I'm taking about black athletes, entertainers etc.

Those protests demanding for racial equality or apologies etc cannot produce lasting results until our people understand the spirituality of what's happening.

The scriptures are clear about the suffering of the children of ISRAEL in the hand of their enemies. What ISRAEL must do now is REPENT as ISRAEL and keep the commandments of YAHUAH and watch YAH visit vengeance upon our enemies. Our brothers in the US are of YAHUNDE (JUDAH) and with them is the authority to bring Judgement upon the US.

So as Israelites with knowledge, we don't go about carrying out BLM protests, we REPENT, pray and prophesy Judgement.
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
donnie:

OLAADEGBU MuttleyLaff

Please o... I am not part of their BLM movement. Instead of repenting as ISRAEL and keeping YAHUAH's commandments they're busy protesting. Those protests will not change nothing... it will not move dem white devils. In fact ESAU already has this thing all planned out, they expected for such protests to arise.

Are you different from the BLM movement? Is it not the same lawless spirit that is manipulating you?

donnie:

How can you protest and go back to bowing down to white JESUS, patronizing their fake hair, nails, bleaching creams etc. Even if blacks want to use those foolish things, can't they produce them? Whey enrich every other nation but themselves.

Coming to think of it, there is no person that is white or black we all different shades of brown.

donnie:

How come them celebrities are only speaking up now? How come they never gave back all that money to the black community before now? I'm taking about black athletes, entertainers etc.

If you really hate the whites you should also hate their money.

donnie:

Those protests demanding for racial equality or apologies etc cannot produce lasting results until our people understand the spirituality of what's happening.

It is the same antichrist spirit that is controlling all of you. It was in the news the other day when it was reported that a young lady was raped and murdered by one of the so called black Israelite members or leaders. At least she trusted him to give her a lift home in his car only for this pervert to take advantage of her. Her body was later found dumped in the woods, the black Israelite guy refused to say where he dumped her.

The question to you here is: If this murderous brother of yours serves his time and is sober, should he be allowed to pastor your church? and that is if he was a pastor before committing this heinous crime.

donnie:

The scriptures are clear about the suffering of the children of ISRAEL in the hand of their enemies. What ISRAEL must do now is REPENT as ISRAEL and keep the commandments of YAHUAH and watch YAH visit vengeance upon our enemies. Our brothers in the US are of YAHUNDE (JUDAH) and with them is the authority to bring Judgement upon the US.

donnie:

So as Israelites with knowledge, we don't go about carrying out BLM protests, we REPENT, pray and prophesy Judgement.

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

If anyone stops my friend i'll send the person to relegation!

Who will stop my MuttleyLaff?

Them chop witch? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by donnie(m): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Are you different from the BLM movement? Is it not the same lawless spirit that is manipulating you?

Because I refuse to fall in line with the pyramid scheme you've built for yourselves in the name of Christianity, I'm lawless right? ... NONSENSE. You haven't seen anything yet, many more will wake up from that darkness.

OLAADEGBU:
Coming to think of it, there is no person that is white or black we all different shades of brown.

Keep deceiving yourself.

OLAADEGBU:
If you really hate the whites you should also hate their money.

Can't you read? Am I referring to whites or their money? Majority of black celebrities are sellouts, is it the whites that will heed the call? Besides, I don't recall saying I hate whites even though I know the Most High hates them. FOCUS.

OLAADEGBU:
It is the same antichrist spirit that is controlling all of you. It was in the news the other day when it was reported that a young lady was raped and murdered by one of the so called black Israelite members or leaders. At least she trusted him to give her a lift home in his car only for this pervert to take advantage of her. Her body was later found dumped in the woods, the black Israelite guy refused to say where he dumped her.

Who doesn't know that the truth of YAH concerning Israel is already shaking the authorities in the US. and the wolves in sheep clothing called Christian pastors? How many murders have been attached to the particular faith or denomination of the suspect or criminal? For every one of such cases they conjur up around BHIs, there are thousands more committed by Chrisitians.

And am I to assume it's the 'spirit of Christ" that moves you Christians to love idolatory? How come you threw out all the Commandments and Holy days of YAH and embraced all the pagan festivals which you call Holidays? Is Easter not the Babylonian godess of fertility? Was 25th December not the birthday of the Babylon sun god Nimrod? Christianity is a just a celebration of lawlessness. angry

Isn't one of your pastors and his wife currently on the run for impregnating and murdering a young church member right in the church premises? We will require several threads a day to report the attrocities of those den of theives you call churches

OLAADEGBU:
The question to you here is: If this murderous brother of yours serves his time and is sober, should he be allowed to pastor your church? and that is if he was a pastor before committing this heinous crime.

My question for you is don't you fear YAHUAH enough to repent of your lawlessness and rebellion against YAHUAH and his TRUTH?
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by ichuka(m): 11:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Is making heaven not more important than "fulfilling" your ministry?
Full filing ur ministry is a ticket to heaven.
Our Lord prayed 'Let ur will be done here on earth as it's in Heaven.
So our ministry is Heavenly rule here on earth.
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by ichuka(m): 11:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Good evening my brother. A pastor is not king David, if a pastor commits adultery with a member's wife and proceeds to commit abortion whereby the woman and the unborn baby dies, thus committing double homicide, how could the husband and other children continue to stay under the pastor's ministration? Especially if he has to counsel them how to get over the trauma of losing them wife and mother.
Hi bro
We are kings already here on earth according to scripture.
The gospel of God is a gospel of love and forgiveness.
If they don't love and forgive the pastor then something is wrong with there salvation
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20am On Jun 17, 2020
ichuka:

Full filing ur ministry is a ticket to heaven.
Our Lord prayed 'Let ur will be done here on earth as it's in Heaven.
So our ministry is Heavenly rule here on earth.

Having a conscience void of offence before God and man is a ticket to heaven.
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:22am On Jun 17, 2020
ichuka:

Hi bro
We are kings already here on earth according to scripture.
The gospel of God is a gospel of love and forgiveness.
If they don't love and forgive the pastor then something is wrong with there salvation

What qualifies a person to be a pastor in a church?
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24am On Jun 17, 2020
Maximus69:

If anyone stops my friend i'll send the person to relegation!

Who will stop my MuttleyLaff?

Them chop witch? cheesy

You dare not try that with Naija police if you want to live long. cool
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by Image123(m): 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2020
donnie:
OLAADEGBU MuttleyLaff

Ohmygod. Bintu lives nko?

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
Re: Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:44am On Nov 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Ministry? John Piper Answers
By Michael Gryboski, Christian Post Reporter| Thursday, April 30, 2020

Notable Bible teacher and DesiringGod.org founder John Piper believes that pastors who committed adultery should be allowed to return to ministry, provided they have engaged in a lengthy period away from church leadership.

In an episode of the “Ask Pastor John” podcast, a listener said her church was considering hiring a pastor who had left his previous congregation because he committed adultery.

“He was caught, repented, and asked for forgiveness. I certainly believe Christ forgives adultery. But from reading the passages on church leaders in the Pastoral Epistles, I don’t see how it could be God’s will for him to continue pastoring. What are your thoughts? Is repentance enough to make this man a leader in another church? And, more generally, what sins — if any — disqualify a pastor for life?” the listener asked.

Piper responded by noting that standards can vary for what can disqualify a pastor for life “because I don’t think the Bible gives a clear instruction about how a disqualified pastor can become qualified again.”

“I don’t think this is the kind of issue where the church as a whole will ever have agreement,” Piper said in the podcast that aired on April 24. “I think every local church should pray and think and study their way through the Scriptures into a position from which the elders can work in unity with regard to these kinds of things.”

Piper said he considered sins like adultery that are committed “after one’s conversion and well into one’s Christian life” to be “more serious indications of unfitness for ministry than our sins prior to the new birth and the new creation in Christ.”

“Adultery after conversion is sinning against the glory of the light of Christ,” he continued. “Before conversion, we were all in spiritual darkness; we were acting according to our nature.”

“The issue is that the offense has been compounded by its deeply multilayered betrayal of God, wife, Christian newness, the Holy Spirit, the people of God, the Gospel, the reputation of the Gospel in the Christian ministry.”

Piper went on to express concern that many churches do not take this seriously enough and warned against being too quick to return someone to ministry who has sinned in such a way.

“He should get another kind of job and go about his life, humbly receiving the discipline and the regular ministries of the church, whether in his former church or in another church,” he concluded.

“If he returns to ministry, it should be after a long time of humble, contented acceptance of a new way of life outside the official ministry of the church.”

A 2016 survey of 1,000 Protestant senior pastors conducted by the Nashville-based LifeWay Research found that around three-quarters of respondents did not believe being caught in adultery justified a permanent ban on ministry.

LifeWay found that 24 percent of pastors supported a permanent ban, while 31 percent supported a temporary ban of at least three months to a year, and 25 percent were unsure.

"The Scripture says pastors must be above reproach," said Ed Stetzer, then executive director of LifeWay Research, in a statement at the time.

“So it's not surprising that some want to see fallen pastors banned from ministry. Still, pastors are also people who talk about forgiveness regularly and, by and large, they want to see those who fall have a chance at restoration.”

https://www.christianpost.com/news/should-pastors-caught-in-adultery-be-permanently-banned-from-ministry-john-piper-answers.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

To The Atheist In The House. / The Mercy & Grace Of God / Secret Of Churches PART 2: OLUMBA OLUMBA God On Earth: Delusion Strategies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.