Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? (58743 Views)

Should I Build With Her Or Do It All Alone? / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? / Husband Dies Saving Wife From Electrocution In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by psalmuelwater(m): 9:58am On May 02, 2020
covid2019:

I am not squatting because I can't pay rent.
I don't show off or brag.
Besides the friend I stay with is a post grad student.

He stays in his family house and very conservative.
Okay

I foot many bills there. In fact the last small renovation cost me circa 200k. I buy food stuff too, gas, run errands etc. It's a family house . No rent is paid.

The only thing is that I have no girlfriends, no social life and no show off.

Took me 6 years to save this money.

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Kosoco(m): 10:01am On May 02, 2020
Bro you are a Husband material
covid2019:

Lol, my friend I squat with lives in their family house, and is post grad student. I help with expenses around the house.

But nobody knows I have that kind of cash because I don't brag or show off.
I bought no single trousers last year
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by ogolad(m): 10:06am On May 02, 2020
Depending on your taste of building, but with 4M or less you can erect nice 3 bedroom flat and invest like another 4M on treasuery bills, with all this in place you are good to go man
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:14am On May 02, 2020
dukeprince50:
House is always a liability not an asset, except the house brings ur money.
e
Dudeee! How can a fixed asset be a liability? It doesn't have to generate cash flows presently for it to be an asset. PPE's can only lose value via self revaluation. A house can never be a liability here, there or anywhere.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Nobody: 10:19am On May 02, 2020
brandable:
[/b]

Can you talk more on the bold please.

Staking means locking down a certain amount of cryptocurrency to recieve staking rewards from the cryptocurrency blockchain
Based on the amount staked determines what you earn

ARBITRAGE is exploiting price differences between cryptocurrencies and making profit off them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by gfullmoon(m): 10:20am On May 02, 2020
covid2019:

Squatting is still the word. Maybe I should have said living not squatting, Its 4 rooms and parlor family house.

Only 2 siblings at home.
There is an empty room I use. In fact, I have access to everywhere.
.I spend money there too.

I foot many bills there. In fact the last small renovation cost me circa 200k. It's a family house . No rent is paid.

Because squatting involves so many things o. Sometimes you sweep the room or flat against your wish, take a walk against your wish, even wake up against your wish etc. Hence, a guy with about #12M in his account can hardly be comfortable squatting except the person is an extreme melancholic and mean saver (that is those can even allow their loved ones in pain or to die just because they have mapped out saved money for a specific investment, project or Programme). This type of savers can even be sponging the guy who had not seen million to be footing their bills.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by pocohantas(f): 10:21am On May 02, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Dudeee! How can a fixed asset be a liability? It doesn't have to generate cash flows presently for it to be an asset. PPE's can only lose value via self revaluation. A house can never be a liability here, there or anywhere.

That guy is definitely an engineer or something related. I can bet my phone charger on it. grin

1 Like

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by HRMK: 10:24am On May 02, 2020
UR BEST BET IS TO USE IT FOR WHAT WULD BRING YOU MORE MONEY OR VALUE!U KNOW AN AMERICAN DOLLAR IS BN EXCHANGED FOR #450NAIRA!PUTTING UP A BUILDING ISNT A BAD IDEA TOO ANYWAY!GOODLUCK!!
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Twoclans(f): 10:27am On May 02, 2020
A fixed asset said to be a liability shocked shocked shocked

Waooohhhhh I am out of here abeg

1 Like

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by SIRKAY98(m): 10:53am On May 02, 2020
covid2019:
Loan from where please?

I got a loan from one of my client! Elderly Father to me. Who love me personally. Its grace sir. I dint deserve it.but maybe because of my easy life nature.he just likes me. That all.am like a boy 2him.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:53am On May 02, 2020
pocohantas:

That guy is definitely an engineer or something related. I can bet my phone charger on it. grin
hahaha. Abi philosopher, he no know as e dey go. I no kuku get charger, so you lose that bet. I hope he understands now anyway.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 02, 2020
Mrchippychappy:
Invest in business instead.

Come to my covid19 seminar, I would teach you how to make face mask, hand sanitizers and ventilators.
Table for 10 = 5 million naira.

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by veave(f): 11:02am On May 02, 2020
This one is not just a miser but also a user. You mean you have over 10m in your account but still choose to squat with your friend? That way you're barely responsible for anything. Ehen!!!??!!!!!!

Nothing I will not hear on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by covid2019: 11:20am On May 02, 2020
veave:
This one is not just a miser but also a user. You mean you have over 10m in your account but still choose to squat with your friend? That way you're barely responsible for anything. Ehen!!!??!!!!!!

Nothing I will not hear on nairaland.

How did you reach this conclusion?

Don't tar everyone with the same brush. IT IS WAY CHEAPER TO STAY ALONE THAN STAY WITH THIS FRIEND.

Without sounding immodest, I am the one helping. And it's not upto 3 years I started staying there.

Maybe I should have said living not squatting, Its 4 rooms and parlour family house.

Only 2 siblings at home.

I foot many bills there. In fact the last small renovation cost me circa 200k. It's a family house . No rent is paid.
The friend is a post grad student and rarely stays at home.

.It would have been cheaper for me to stay alone. He drives my car. In fact, I taught him how to drive.

I buy gas, foodstuff etc.

Only if you knew how much I hate to beg, let alone letting people feed me

I started this hustle in school.

It took me 6 years.

I was able to save due to frugal nature. I don't show off, I don't brag. I even stated that my car is rickety valued at 350k.

If I was proud person, maybe I would have bought Camry to chase girls.

I suffered so much growing up. I left those details to reduce length of post.

You may not understand.

I feel like crying typing this.

4 Likes

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by covid2019: 11:21am On May 02, 2020
gfullmoon:

Because squatting involves so many things o. Sometimes you sweep the room or flat against your wish, take a walk against your wish, even wake up against your wish etc. Hence, a guy with about #12M in his account can hardly be comfortable squatting except the person is an extreme melancholic and mean saver (that is those can even allow their loved ones in pain or to die just because they have mapped out saved money for a specific investment, project or Programme). This type of savers can even be sponging the guy who had not seen million to be footing their bills.

IT IS WAY CHEAPER TO STAY ALONE THAN STAY WITH THIS FRIEND.

Without sounding immodest, I am the one helping. And it's not upto 3 years I started staying there.

Maybe I should have said living not squatting, Its 4 rooms and parlour family house.

Only 2 siblings at home.

.It would have been cheaper for me to stay alone. He drives my car. In fact, I taught him how to drive.

It took me 6 years.

I was able to save due to frugal nature. I don't show off, I don't brag. I even stated that my car is rickety valued at 350k.

You may not understand.

1 Like

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Nobody: 11:35am On May 02, 2020
Nweike190:

Look for a good middle class area.. Buy small properties....
building is less expensive than buying in all ramifications
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by sweettinz20(m): 11:46am On May 02, 2020
covid2019:
I am in a dilemma worsened by this covid19.

I am a graduate male of 29 residing in the East. I still squat with a friend, not because I don't have money for house rent. But principally because I have been unable to figure out what I want to do with my life, hence renting a house feels like a commitment that might get me stuck.

I always feel I might move anytime soon-- to either another state or abroad for masters or just practice of my profession. Note that I didn't study a STEM course.

All these while squatting, I have been saving via my proceeds from hustles.

In the wake of this COVID19, I checked all my banks and found out that money I have in my account has lost so much value given the dollar rate.

I have 11.4 million, inclusive of my working capital, plus a rickety car valued at 350k. Each time, I need just 3-5m as working capital.

It seems that trying to save more is false economy and might be counter productive.

NOW, I AM CONSIDERING buying a plot of land and erecting a small house even if it's 3 rooms. This, I think will serve as investment that will keep appreciating and also serve as residence.

Or just open a domiciliary account to hedge against naira fall and continue saving.
What do you think please?

please what do you do i would like to get involved mention me on a dead topic i would reply. hoping for your reply thanks
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by veave(f): 11:56am On May 02, 2020
covid2019:

How did you reach this conclusion?

Don't tar everyone with the same brush. IT IS WAY CHEAPER TO STAY ALONE THAN STAY WITH THIS FRIEND.

Only 2 siblings at home.

It took me 6 years.

You may not understand.

Stop doing copy and paste to justify anything. I believe you have gotten the advice you already need. Why not quote them to say "thank you".

I went through the thread and you contradicting yourself several places I. Trying to explain what not but that's not the agenda of the day. What you want and how you choose to spend your money is your business. Don't come here saying its cheaper to live on your own. If you're not benefiting anything from there you wouldn't still be there. And also stop using the I suffered too much growing up line you don't know our individual stories here.

BTW, I hope you always send something back home to your parents for their upkeep Abi you're still doing them uncle Ijebu style.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by adanny01(m): 11:59am On May 02, 2020
luluosas:
Rent is a total waste if you can afford to build and shelved it for renting. Nothing compares to owning your own home even if not up to your imaginary taste. Take care

Do you know how much it cost to build a house. A moderate 3 bedroom in an average city will cost you at least 10m.

If you had a business in the same amount, I assure you that it will earn you far more than your annual rent.

If you built the house with 10m, even if you are paid rent on it annually, a good business would have generated twice the amount.

Rent is not a waste, only stingy people think it is. Those who have good business dont think of building houses. Unless the building itself is a business as in real estate.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by NwaliE01: 12:05pm On May 02, 2020
Building a house is not good for someone who doesn't have a regular source of income. House is a fixed asset with so many years to break even.

I don't recommend someone still starting life to start with building an apartment.

You can buy landed property but make sure it's genuine otherwise you loose your money.

Then go into business to grow your capital. Many rich people today did not start by building houses.

That's my opinion.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Cotton(m): 12:11pm On May 02, 2020
Change your money to USD and wait.
Inflation is going to skyrocket soon. US is printing money. We are still import dependent.
Subsidy has been removed. The pandemic won't last forever so by late this year most economies would have recovered. Oil price will rise and so will the dollar. Maybe early next year you can assess the environment, hopefully your money would have moved from 11m t0 13m.

The business sector is too volatile right now. Just buy USD and wait.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Lakesydha4real(m): 12:24pm On May 02, 2020
covid2019:

I am a graduate male of 29 residing in the East. I still squat with a friend, not because I don't have money for house rent. But principally because I have been unable to figure out what I want to do with my life, hence renting a house feels like a commitment that might get me stuck.

I always feel I might move anytime soon-- to either another state or abroad for masters or just practice of my profession. Note that I didn't study a STEM course.

In the wake of this COVID19, I checked all my banks and found out that money I have in my account has lost so much value given the dollar rate.

I have 11.4 million, inclusive of my working capital, plus a rickety car valued at 350k. Each time, I need just 3-5m as working capital.

It seems that trying to save more is false economy and might be counter productive.

NOW, I AM CONSIDERING buying a plot of land and erecting a small house even if it's 3 rooms. This, I think will serve as investment that will keep appreciating and also serve as residence.

Or just open a domiciliary account to hedge against naira fall and continue saving.

pls buy land and build....its a good investment....Contact me for genuine lands in Oyo State. you will be glad you did. 08053030514
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Enyimbamercedes: 12:37pm On May 02, 2020
Wickedfact:

MBA Forex is about to collapse. I won't reply to comments on this. Just a little tip.

I don’t trade with MBA
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Brainardc(m): 12:48pm On May 02, 2020
My guy invest in landed properties, build the house maybe a house you can use for commercial purpose and serve as your residence for now.....
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 02, 2020
foodonly:
How come did he get 11.4million as a young hustlers. This not true or genuine because if it, he would have know what to do it with it.

Having Money does not mean you know it all.

Even Dangote has his own business fears.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Larrywe10: 1:09pm On May 02, 2020
Hello,
I would advise you invest.

Then, what kind of investment?

I recently listened to ALLEN ONYEMA (CEO Airpeace) he said "i bought some plots of land in lekki which helped him.
You don't feed land
You don't panic when you buy from trusted developers
It does not affect /distort ur business or career.

The best invest is at IBEJU LEKKI go buy a there.
IBEJU LEKKI is where we have Dangote refinery, free trade zone, Lagos second airport, sea port . The fastest developing or glowing investment.

Let compare Land to building.

I would advise u buy five plots and sell one or two in a year time. The one you sold can single handedly build a house for u.

Image u having a property close to airport, shoprite, Lagos businesses school permanent site, smart city etc guy reason am.

I'm not a marketer but i have bought and I'm still buying. I'm paying instalmentaly because i won hear say i no make in few years to come.

If you want to recommended a genuine developer call 08038567864

If u know any genuine one plz buy and buy more abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by reehhomes: 1:38pm On May 02, 2020
covid2019:

Are you in need of landed property but money is an hindrance??
Look no further...... Reeh homes and properties have lands and deals of over 30% discount in sales of properties in Lagos.
Our tested and trusted agency properties available are :
•Chrystland Estate by Augustine University, along Epe road,Ibeju-Lekki,Lagos at N800,000 per 500sqm of land and N480,000 per 300sqm of land

This area is residential and commercially pleasing and ROI is 40% increase on purchase price with 8months of purchase and we will also consult you on purchasing of properties and land investment....so why leave your money in the bank while u can invest and get returns??
Get this properties on as low as 30% installments payment and be a land owner today

Contact us on 08105788795 or 09029741400

....bringing value to your investment

Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by Sheriffusoro(m): 1:46pm On May 02, 2020
Op,don't build a residential house for,just you,you can build a two or one bedroom flat for yourself,with self contains and probably a flat in the same compound for renting purposes.
Even if you travel out tomorrow,you'll still be receiving dividend from your apartments.
Housing is one of the best investment ever.
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by reehhomes: 1:47pm On May 02, 2020
[quote author=psalmuelwater post=89094258][/quote]

Just invest in properties.... Buy 3 plots (have one for urself and sell the two after some years) Massive ROI. u will be glad u did

Best of luck mate!
Re: Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? by tot(f): 1:53pm On May 02, 2020
Omoluabi16:

That's not completely true. Ask those whose properties went into negative equity during the 2009 crisis. Property is not magic. You must buy at the right location and price for it to be an asset.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Man Dumps His 4 Kids At Agege LGA With Note 'I Can't Feed Them Cos Of Hardship' / I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? / My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.