Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case (57735 Views)

Video Of Susan Okpe Leaving Isolation Centre After 54 Days / Susan Okpe Turns Preacher In Isolation Centre After 43 Days / COVID-19: I Am Not Positive - Susan Idoko-Okpe, Benue Index Case Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by samonak(m): 10:24pm On May 02, 2020
alezzy13:

Until she tests negative, she cant be released. The fact that she is showing no symptoms is immaterial. As long as she's positive, it means she can still spread it, so has to be isolated

Are you aware the the NCDC Boss, Dr Chikwe declared she tested negative twice On live TV? Besides is she has stayed 39 days without symptoms, why keep her?
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by zedman1(m): 10:26pm On May 02, 2020
StivoeDevoe:

Personally am short of words concerning this matter infact I really lack who to trust in this case because the first case in kano no federal government agencies came to confirm it by them self like wise kaduna katsina and other states but in benue the federal government health agencies came to see the patience and for a good reasoning it because the governor of benue is not in a good terms with the federal government and that was the reason why they follow it inthotho if ortorm is APC I would have gladly believe my sister but he is not APC so I lack where to merite and demerit how ever if this woman is not positive let her be free oh
Haba, No na bro, what has partisan politics got to do with this one? Ortom's case is indescribable, moreover he was in PDP, switched to win in APC then back to PDP. He has romanced with both parties and we all know how he has been performing far below expectations, so why are we still talking Party in his case? Ortom has been the one inviting the Federal government, not the other way round. Matter of fact, a corpse sent from Benue for autopsy to ascertain if it was covid-19 positive was rejected because the guy had been dead for too long. The federal government's intervention (which ordinarily was supposed to be normal) was as a result of the misunderstanding between the state and the woman because both Ortom and Susan refused to back down, the air had to be cleared..... But still no show.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by Vivuch: 10:26pm On May 02, 2020
Bilabong:
They should allow her go na 39 days no symptoms.

she can't go if she still test positive, she will infect others.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by Samabu07(m): 10:48pm On May 02, 2020
nsiba:
Covid19 is SCAM
I used to feel so but now I know it is real but on the exaggerated figures been reported.
Hoping for a cure
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by Digmygold: 10:50pm On May 02, 2020
Its like having Ubunja.as a brother. Useless as fvck.

God will.see you through madam
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by Akolawole(m): 11:37pm On May 02, 2020
alizma:
She should remain there until that her stupidity wash off her brain. I listened to her previous audio and I must commend the health minister, NCDC, and Benue state government for the attention they gave her.
A test was carried out which shows she was positive but she referred to the test as kangaroo test, the banue state government took her all the way from the state capotal to Abuja in an ambulance with a team of health workers. the minister gave her one on one audience despite his tight schedule and when she demanded for a copy of the test, it was made available to her, yet she didn't want to listen, all she wants is to be freed into the society. Two different doctors approached her for treatment, she turned them down claiming she doesn't have any symptom of COVID-19. Now she is talking about being abandoned and not given treatment. If she feels because she returned from outside the country that everyone should dance to her tune, she is joking.
She is just an old attention seeking woman. Why calling on idoma people, are they doctors? She should be calling on WHO to conduct a test on her rather than disturbing the peace of her people in the village

You really followed the story.

Sending whatsapp messages stupidly won't help her at all.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by mvem(m): 11:52pm On May 02, 2020
nsiba:

I am not talking about the virus but the entire process and the people in charge, I thought you understood where I was driving at
ohhh...my bad...sorry
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by masseratti: 12:05am On May 03, 2020
Nitah1:
No sir,but with the above phrase,i can boldly say i am better than you.
Any other thing?������
oh well the question, not a phrase did not ask you if you better than anyone, but thank you for your answer all the same.
Nothing else, no need to go further.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by namdo(m): 12:25am On May 03, 2020
If this is true then Benue government appears to be truly punishing this woman. She should be released.
samonak:

Are you aware the the NCDC Boss, Dr Chikwe declared she tested negative twice On live TV? Besides is she has stayed 39 days without symptoms, why keep her?
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by liquidfaya: 1:53am On May 03, 2020
Digmygold:
Its like having Ubunja.as a brother. Useless as fvck.

God will.see you through madam

Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by slimderek(m): 2:11am On May 03, 2020
Aunty Kemi Squad
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by linearity: 2:56am On May 03, 2020
alizma:

You lack adequate knowledge of COVID-19. Dybala has tested positive for four consecutive time in six weeks yet he is asymptomatic even Atiku son tested positive severally while he looked physically healthy. Shouywe say that Atiku teamed up with APC to tell us lie?

Those people you mentioned were not imprisoned in an isolation center, but rather to self isolate, why are they not giving her the same option, even after staying in an isolation center for 40 days.

The very idea of isolation does not scale and I believe as cases start multiplying, it will be abandoned for self isolation. Those centers and their resources should be left for the very sick who need constant and intense care and not people who show no symptoms. Even in advanced countries with 10s of thousands of people, they don’t haul you into an isolation center when you test positive, they tell you to go self isolate and if the sickness gets unbearable to give them a call or visit the nearest hospital.

They should allow her to go with requirement to self isolate.....very soon that is what they will start telling everyone who test positive anyway as there will not be enough isolation facility to go round.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by alizma: 4:16am On May 03, 2020
linearity:

Those people you mentioned were not imprisoned in an isolation center, but rather to self isolate, why are they not giving her the same option, even after staying in an isolation center for 40 days.

The very idea of isolation does not scale and I believe as cases start multiplying, it will be abandoned for self isolation. Those centers and their resources should be left for the very sick who need constant and intense care and not people who show no symptoms. Even in advanced countries with 10s of thousands of people, they don’t haul you into an isolation center when you test positive, they tell you to go self isolate and if the sickness gets unbearable to give them a call or visit the nearest hospital.

They should allow her to go with requirement to self isolate.....very soon that is what they will start telling everyone who test positive anyway as there will not be enough isolation facility to go round.
The people I mentioned are not in self isolation.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by dele2k4(m): 6:46am On May 03, 2020
Madam why not allow them for to get you treated and re- test you to confirm negative after two times and go your to visit your family but why not reach to your family to advise on what to do .���.
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by AlphaT1(m): 8:40pm On May 03, 2020
anochuko01:

is dybala getting medications?
is this woman getting medications?
Medications for what exactly? You don't get any medication if you don't show symptoms. There is no medication for the virus....you are only treated for the symptoms if you show any......As long as you remain asymptomatic, you don't need treatment but will continue to be kept in isolation to protect the general public.

N.B. Good news however, is that an antiviral agent Remdesivir has shown promising efficacy and has been approved in the U.S.

.....it is good to always read widely or seek information from appropriate sources rather than joining the trend of "social media experts" or "social media doctors"....
Re: COVID-19: 'They Have Abandoned Me' – Susan Okpe, Benue Index Case by cugardmalino: 5:13pm On May 04, 2020
owukpa:
Susan Okpe, the alleged coronavirus index case in Benue State has cried out to Idoma community over her ordeals.

Okpe has been isolated for 39 days after she was reported to have contracted the deadly coronavirus.

She was earlier held in Benue but due to her outcry, she was later moved to Abuja where she has been isolated.

In a new video, the woman called out the Idoma community for abandoning her.

She said since her ordeal started, she has never taken any tablet or shown any symptoms.

In a new video, the woman said it is a shame that Idoma people in the position of authority chose to look the other way while she languish in what she described as forceful detention.

https://www.idomavoice.com/2020/05/idoma-community-has-abandoned-me-susan-okpe-cries-out-after-39-days-in-isolation-centre.html

Watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZgODZIHYU

Isolation Centre with AC. You’re in a duplex saying it’s isolation centre. Your case is political and not COVID-19. Call all your political brothers and sisters to assist you. At least your phone is with you. Pls let’s move on...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown / How St.nicholas Hospital Doctors Killed Chaz B By Chinyere Roselin Chukuma / The Three Giant Scorpions I Killed After One Stung Me (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.