Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,214 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency (35893 Views)

Obasanjo, Atiku, Saraki Perfect Plan To Unseat President / Obasanjo, Atiku, Gowon, Saraki, Dogara, Abdulsalami At Jonathan’s Book Launch / 'My Transition Hours': Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 02, 2020
Who is really stopping Igbo from becoming a President or contesting? No one! We have over 64 political parties in Nigeria, let them choose a platform and contest.
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by omonnakoda: 12:50pm On May 02, 2020
PicLtd:

Like I said, you yorubas are too emotional. Yes the yorubas and the Ibos have no political relationship that's why Awo and MKO failed severally.

Nevertheless, the East supported OBJ massively, it behoves on the yorubas to also look for an Eastern politician to vote in future elections. Nothing sentimental justice practical politics.

If you feel too big or emotional to support an Easterner as president, then feel very free and comfortable with the East playing exactly the same cards that you play. It shouldn't call for rancour, should it?

Imagine who is accusing anyone of emotionality ,funny
The east ??

what does that mean be specific
Obasanjo defeated Alex Ekwueme by a humiliating margin at the PDP primaries.
So stop the self deception that you supported Obasanjo.
You HAD NO CHOICE after being humiliated in PDP

DID Eboes "look for Obasanjo" to support?

There was no quid pro quo arrangement You chose Obasanjo over Falae for your own reasons.
So you first need to WIN the candidature of the major parties

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by omonnakoda: 12:57pm On May 02, 2020
PicLtd:

Like I said, you yorubas are too emotional. Yes the yorubas and the Ibos have no political relationship that's why Awo and MKO failed severally.

Nevertheless, the East supported OBJ massively, it behoves on the yorubas to also look for an Eastern politician to vote in future elections. Nothing sentimental justice practical politics.

If you feel too big or emotional to support an Easterner as president, then feel very free and comfortable with the East playing exactly the same cards that you play. It shouldn't call for rancour, should it?

Your problem is intrinsic dishonesty. What rancour?
The Eboes are politically irrelevant to Yoruba. We encourage you to do what you have ALWAYS DONE with your votes
Play THE CARDS YOU HAVE ALWAYS PLAYED
Did you vote for Abiola?
Stop pretending that you matter to us or that we are soliciting you.

We expect you to compete against us ALWAYS ANDso we don't need you for anything

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Ikinternational: 12:57pm On May 02, 2020
EastGold:
Presidency is far from Igbos.

Very far

They said worse in 1968 my guy. Not too shabby performance by the igbos resurrecting.

Hitler did worse to the jews. Look at them today

So while your ilks might enjoy your online lamentations, a people's destiny cannot be tampered with. Whatever shall be, shall be. All in due time
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 02, 2020
Ikinternational:

They said worse in 1968 my guy. Not too shabby performance by the igbos resurrecting.

Hitler did worse to the jews. Look at them today

So while your ilks might enjoy your online lamentations, a people's destiny cannot be tampered with. Whatever shall be, shall be. All in due time

Which destiny?
You are destined to serve others.
Forget biafra
Forget becoming the president
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Honor10: 1:00pm On May 02, 2020
PicLtd:

Stop being an emotional yorubaman, the so called '5%ers' have been choosing the winners from 1959-2015 when you were still in the doldrums of opposition politics.

You vote the winner only twice then you suddenly start beating your chests and claiming to be 'kingmakers'?

grin grin

Keep quiet, tell me who Yoruba voted for in 2004, 2007 and 2011 or keep shut forever.
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Ikinternational: 1:01pm On May 02, 2020
EastGold:

We will never support them, South South will never support them, let's see how their propaganda will give them the President

Just wanted to personally tell you fuvck you n your support. Go use your support to pay rent let me see something...
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Urchman200: 1:02pm On May 02, 2020
DontCough:

You knew this problem of ethnicity but you still decide to be part of the problem?
u too are part of the problem, I am igboman but supported Buhari with no political interest basically on progress, I have come to realise that supporting ur own is not ethnicity just like u are doing, if Osinbajo is too good their is someone in my own region that is better.
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Urchman200: 1:05pm On May 02, 2020
EastGold:

Nigeria unity is intact with Kanu nau
the presidential tussle is between the north and south, not igbo and yuroba, until most of u understand this permutation the north will continue to use any of the regions for their own advantage, is not a supremacy battle.
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Taye4j: 1:06pm On May 02, 2020
So Igbos can beg Yorubas for presidency ! It's a lie ! Despite all the tribal bigotry and name calling, so you can eventually bend the knee?

Igbos should know that chest beating and other forms of propaganda will not take them anywhere. No single tribe can get the presidency in Nigeria, you need the support of at least one other major tribe.

Igbos have the options of either choosing the West or the North. In order to get what you want, everybody knows the West is your only realistic partner. Instead of making them friends, you have made them your enemies.

Until you learm that in politics, there are no permanent friends and enemies, you will continue to run for that position with little or no success.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Urchman200: 1:07pm On May 02, 2020
omonnakoda:

They are unworthy. Bitter truth.
Read this thread honestly

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan
Nigeria presidential tussle is between the north and south not igbo and yuroba until some of understand this the north will continue to use any of the regions for its advantage.
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by omonnakoda: 1:08pm On May 02, 2020
Urchman200:
Nigeria presidential tussle is between the north and south not igbo and yuroba until some of understand this the north will continue to use any of the regions for its advantage.
We understand perfectly so shut your mouth if you have nothing sensible to say.
Do not pontificate at me,who the hell are you?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Ikinternational: 1:10pm On May 02, 2020
EastGold:

Which destiny?
You are destined to serve others.
Forget biafra
Forget becoming the president

Serve my ass. Nigeria is the only country in this world abi. Which igbo is patiently waiting for Nigeria to be great. I know of none

Please reckon with me the last time YOU told an igbo man he's your servant. Igbos no dey your area abi.
Stupid online bravery
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by PicLtd: 1:11pm On May 02, 2020
omonnakoda:

Imagine who is accusing anyone of emotionality ,funny
The east ??

what does that mean be specific
Obasanjo defeated Alex Ekwueme by a humiliating margin at the PDP primaries.
So stop the self deception that you supported Obasanjo.
You HAD NO CHOICE after being humiliated in PDP

DID Eboes "look for Obasanjo" to support?

There was no quid pro quo arrangement You chose Obasanjo over Falae for your own reasons.
So you first need to WIN the candidature of the major parties

We've heard this 'you had no choice' rants countless times but a lie repeatedly told will never bear a life of it's own as truism and factoids.

The PDP was going to win ANYWAY, the key political and military leaders of the country from every region founded the party. People like Shagari, Ekwueme, IBB, Orji Kalu, Sarumi et al. were key stakeholders.

Though there were players and leaders who never liked OBJ, an example is Shagari who prefered Ekwueme but he was lobbied and it was agreed that the yorubas who were still disgruntled about MKO saga should be assuaged. Common sense prevailed, the primaries was just a formality to fulfil INEC's rules and regulation.

OBJ who was fresh out of prison as a 'Born again christian' had less than N20,000 in his account and couldn't afford to fund a campaign in the smallest polling unit in Egbaland, money bags like Orji Kalu sponsored OBJs candidature and campaigns. Alex was a succesful architect and could afford to campaign and pay delegates but a consensus had been reached- the yorubas should be assuaged.

So stop the lies about 'having a choice'. Equity and justice was allowed to prevail in 1999, the same equity and justice that yorubas now hate and stand against today as it concerns the East. That's why I think it's a good thing that yorubas do not have the unilateral power to make themselves president.

As long as the zoning 'turn by turn' principle exists, yorubas remain unqualified to be president till others take their rightful turn.
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Urchman200: 1:12pm On May 02, 2020
omonnakoda:

We understand perfectly so shut your mouth if you have nothing sensible to say.
Do not pontificate at me,who the hell are you?
y the insult?
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by omonnakoda: 1:12pm On May 02, 2020
Taye4j:
So Igbos can beg Yorubas for presidency ! It's a lie ! Despite all the tribal bigotry and name calling, so you can eventually bend the knee?

Igbos should know that chest beating and other forms of propaganda will not take them anywhere. No single tribe can get the presidency in Nigeria, you need the support of at least one other major tribe.

Igbos have the options of either choosing the West or the North. In order to get what you want, everybody knows the West is your only realistic partner. Instead of making them friends, you have made them your enemies.

Until you learm that in politics, there are no permanent friends and enemies, you will continue to run for that position with little or no success.

The simple truth is come 2023 we shall have a president from the south and all groups from the south can contest.

The Eboes know they will lose and are trying to blackmail everyone. Kolewerk.

When it was the turn of the North we never heard such nonsense from Kanuri,Ebira Nupe or other ethnic groups from the North.

The Eboes think they can blackmail APC into handing them presidential candidacy just like that. A party which they wer peripheral in creating?

They should compete

JUST LIKE OBASANJO DID AGAINST EKWUEME in 1999

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by PicLtd: 1:12pm On May 02, 2020
Honor10:

Keep quiet, tell me who Yoruba voted for in 2004, 2007 and 2011 or keep shut forever.

Yorubas and emotions, are you now denying your AC and ACN parties that you propagated and campaigned for? grin
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Ikinternational: 1:14pm On May 02, 2020
Lipscomb:
Because they are not merit it.

Just like your father.

Onyeala
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by 7lives: 1:15pm On May 02, 2020
Urchman200:
I agree with u 100%, but will like to asked u this ,if Osinbajo is an igboman will u support him? I know igbos have a lot of Osinbajo in their region let dig deep and support them ok.

You just don't get it do you?
Ok under which party?, ' cause as it is, neither APC nor PDP is ready to give their tickets to Igbo.
I said it here few years back, you need a bargaining power, to achieve political objectives.
Why did Buhari begged Tinubu to merge his ACN with CPC in 2011?, why didn't Buhari seek to merge CPC with APGA?.
It's because Buhari knew that ACN has five states already, how many states does APGA have in 2011?.
Why did Tinubu insisted that he must be given the vice President position or no deal?.
It's still because Tinubu already had five state to bargain with?.
Look at APC logo, is that not the ACN's BROOM?, and much more.
This is what bargaining power is all about.
When you have the bargaining power, you can make demands, but without bargaining power, na to beg sure pass, as even force or threat won't work.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Dikebuka: 1:16pm On May 02, 2020
These OYC self...so they did not see the recent IMF loan which is repayable over 5year.
When a new government spends almost 2yrs of administration paying debt..

No need..Igbos want out of Nigeria
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by omonnakoda: 1:17pm On May 02, 2020
Urchman200:
y the insult?
Insult ? That is no insult. If I insult you you will know
Do not address me with foolish words
Who is " most of you"?

Are you in your right senses?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by PeterUdeme: 1:19pm On May 02, 2020
PicLtd:

Yorubas and emotions, are you now denying your AC and ACN parties that you propagated and campaigned for? grin

Did ac and acn ever win any presidential election in any sw state?
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by DEROX: 1:20pm On May 02, 2020
PicLtd:

grin see the person accusing Yoruba's of being too emotional right since inception igbos are the ones known to be too emotional when Yoruba's vote they divide it unlike igbos who are one direction geng we have a lot of Yoruba's who voted for atiku inspite of osinbajo being their own buy igbos are just so emotional and everyone knows this so they play on it 2023 will come and let's see how north will allow Igbo enter aso rock
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by DEROX: 1:22pm On May 02, 2020
PeterUdeme:

Did ac and acn ever win any presidential election in any sw state?
don't worry you have always being loyal to PDP they will give you the ticket
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by Ikinternational: 1:22pm On May 02, 2020
loschivatos:
Too much hates,bitterness and anger in this country.

Modified:
9/10 Nigerians are religious ' supposed heavenly bounded' yet evil overshadow the land.

It makes me wonder and I ask, where are the religious people that goes to mosques on Friday and the ones who
wouldn't let person hear word except for heaven righteousness? Are they ghosts?

Bunch of hypocrites...

You hear that noise?

That's me clapping for you sir
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by cosmos1440: 1:22pm On May 02, 2020
minasota:
On who's voice is Ohanaze speaking for?
meeting tinubu the betrayers/yurubaz bastards?
Ohaneze does not speak for us
I repeat ohanaze does not represent the igbos

Name calling and insulting other ethnic groups in a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria.
Do you now see why alot of non-igbos will never want a Igbo to become president ?
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by omonnakoda: 1:23pm On May 02, 2020
DEROX:
grin see the person accusing Yoruba's of being too emotional right since inception igbos are the ones known to be too emotional when Yoruba's vote they divide it unlike igbos who are one direction geng we have a lot of Yoruba's who voted for atiku inspite of osinbajo being their own buy igbos are just so emotional and everyone knows this so they play on it 2023 will come and let's see how north will allow Igbo enter aso rock
It is funny to even hear an Eboe call anyone emotional

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by PicLtd: 1:23pm On May 02, 2020
omonnakoda:

Your problem is intrinsic dishonesty. What rancour?
The Eboes are politically irrelevant to Yoruba. We encourage you to do what you have ALWAYS DONE with your votes
Play THE CARDS YOU HAVE ALWAYS PLAYED
Did you vote for Abiola?
Stop pretending that you matter to us or that we are soliciting you.

We expect you to compete against us ALWAYS ANDso we don't need you for anything

Like I said, stop your effusive emotions. It is 'Igbos' not 'Eboes'. grin

Secondly, there is nothing wrong in healthy competition, as a proper Igbo man, I welcome it and I love it. It is the secret of every succesful community, country or nation.

Unfortunately, we find ourselves in a country where everyone's political 'placenta' is tied to another in the spirit of quota system, zoning, federal character principle. It is a country where if you succeed as a region, you must either wait for the other region to succeed or you'll be forcibly slowed down.

Your yoruba tribe have benefitted immensely from that system, and it's too late to protest against a system you've previously benefitted from because anothet region may now be in the driver's seat. Don't you think? grin
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by garfield1: 1:23pm On May 02, 2020
Goke7:

you guys are funny, you want a man to take up the position of his boss when the boss is still alive, you are too naive
Very naive politically
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by mildteddy(m): 1:24pm On May 02, 2020
Lipscomb:
Because they are not merit it.

ok.
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by DEROX: 1:25pm On May 02, 2020
omonnakoda:
It is funny to even hear an Eboe call anyone emotional
cheesy I tell you
Re: 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency by garfield1: 1:25pm On May 02, 2020
omonnakoda:

They are naturally boastful. This is a trait that other people in and out of Nigeria find offensive.
They stubbornly fail to profit from experience and amend their ways accordingly
Chinua achebe succinctly captured this in his book 'there was a country

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Tambuwal: APC Planning To Make Ahmad Lawan, Its Presidential Candidate / Buhari Has Integrity? See 5 Questions His Supporters Should Answer - Reno Omokri / Man Who Rode Bicycle From Owerri To Congratulate Atiku Arrives PDP Office, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.