Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe (1007 Views)

PICTURE: Annie Reacts As Ini Edo Rubs Her Hands Gently On 2baba’s Bald Head / Rita Dominic, Genevieve Nnaji, Ini Edo, Mercy Aigbe, Likely To Wed In 2021 / I Have A Crush On My Course Rep, He Comes Close But I Ignore Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by Nobody: 11:36am On May 02, 2020
Actress, Mercy Aigbe, has revealed that for a long time, she had a crush on ‘African Queen’ singer, 2baba (formerly 2face Idibia).

Aigbe stated this during the week as a guest on Gbenga Adeyinka’s Instagram Live chat. After Adeyinka played ‘African Queen’ while on the video call, Aigbe said with a broad smile, “Don’t tell anybody o. For a very long time, I had a crush on 2baba.”

The fashionable role interpreter also stated that before she got into the industry, she admired Liz Benson and Sola Sobowale. She said, “Coming into the industry, there were two people I admired a lot— Liz Benson and Sola Sobowale. Liz Benson was just so beautiful and she still is. I absolutely loved her back then. I also loved the way Sola Sobowale interpreted her roles. She inspires me whenever I see her on a movie set.”

Recounting the first encounter she had with Sobowale, Aigbe said, “Before I got into the industry, I admired Sola Sobowale because she knows her onions. One day, I got a call to come on set for a movie titled, ‘Ohun Oko So Mi Da’.

“The movie was produced by Aunty Sola and I was shivering when I got to the set. I asked myself, ‘Would I be able to act in the presence of my role model?’ I went to a corner and prayed to God and told myself, ‘This is my opportunity. I shouldn’t allow Aunty Sola overshadow me. I should let my star shine.’

“Unfortunately for me, in that particular scene, I wasn’t meant to talk at all. I acted the role of her husband’s secretary and was dating her husband. She came to my character’s house to warn her. I was not supposed to say anything but I thought that as an up-and-coming actress, she would just kill my ‘star’ if I didn’t say anything. Guess what I did. I gave myself lines. As she was ranting, I was reacting to her rants. When she held me, I put my hands inside her brassiere. She just told the director to end the scene at that point, asking where they found ‘this kind of girl’.”

The ‘77 Bullets’ actress also maintained that she learnt consistency and doggedness from her mother. She added, “I learnt being dogged from my mum. She is a very strong woman, who never gives up. She is very consistent and hardworking. I believe that whatever one wants to do, one has to keep at it until one succeeds.”

https://punchng.com/i-had-a-crush-on-2baba-for-a-long-time-mercy-aigbe

Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by joceey(m): 11:38am On May 02, 2020
kiss
Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by olamidedivotee: 11:49am On May 02, 2020
Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by shegemenge(m): 11:55am On May 02, 2020
A
Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by DrPurple(m): 12:02pm On May 02, 2020
Me sef get Crush in Ceec
Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by Lexusgs430: 12:03pm On May 02, 2020
You're not alone in this crushing affair...... Many ladies too would concur......... cheesy

And trust 2face, he fully exploited that opportunity........
Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by DrPurple(m): 12:03pm On May 02, 2020
Me sef get Crush on Ceec
Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by Tolani0167(m): 12:21pm On May 02, 2020
Ashawo leave Tubaba he
Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by jawalis(m): 12:38pm On May 02, 2020
She finally shoot her shot. Nice one Olosho Mafia.
Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by timibare(m): 12:39pm On May 02, 2020
2face never hang boot yet....e can still sample you if u wish
Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by Everest25(m): 12:40pm On May 02, 2020
Too bad...she was not around to enjoy the party.
Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by harry2sexy(m): 1:25pm On May 02, 2020
Abeg this crush thing, somebody should exolain me for me cos i am not understanding

1 Like

Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by Peace081: 1:27pm On May 02, 2020
cheesy grin
Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by GeneralPula: 1:28pm On May 02, 2020
She indirectly telling tubaba that my kitten would welcome you anytime. lipsrsealed
Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by Earlystar698(m): 1:38pm On May 02, 2020
You heard what

Re: I Had A Crush On 2baba For A Long Time –mercy Aigbe by willyo(m): 1:40pm On May 02, 2020
Not a bad thing to crush on someone.

(1) (Reply)

South African Woman Completely Unclad Video (18+) / I Told A Waiter To Help Give My Girlfriend A Ring, The Waiter Proposed To Her In / Pals I'm Taking A Bold Step To Propose To My Gal Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.