Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation (72233 Views)

Burial Of Tafida Ila, Emir Of Rano: Only 20 People Attended - Bashir Ahmad / Sick Emir Of Rano, Tafida Abubakar Ila Taken To Hospital / Tafida Bawo: Emir Of Rano Suspends District Heads, Strips Them Of Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Drizzy5001(m): 8:31pm On May 02, 2020
Sanusi Lamido don swear for Kano state, the should go and beg him o
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Acidosis(m): 8:34pm On May 02, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

You're writing theory... u no Sabi wetin de happen, get accident now and let them rush u to Akth let's see if u won't bleed to death...u think say na by free road?

Accident? Where are you running to?
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Mrlazarus: 8:38pm On May 02, 2020
omoiyamayor:
The nasarawa dey wanet to exile lamido to but he saw it coming. Jaapa
Baba Gbe body...And he cursed them before he move.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Jiire246: 8:41pm On May 02, 2020
Unfortunate , I really don't pity them. When this started they didnt believe anything. They demonstrated against the lockdown. Went enmass to mosques. Burnt down police stations for police trying to enforce the social distancing rule. Their clerics saying it was a western sickness . shouting no corona. Washing their hands and drinking the water. They don't deserve any pity. Next time they will learn not to play with any news of such. Stupid governor who was supposed to enforce rule of law and educate people sat back and watched. Why are they crying of neglect now. Always waiting till people die like ants before taking action. Illiteracy is a disease. The blood of the dead is on the governor. Nonsense
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by okpalaAnambra: 8:41pm On May 02, 2020
Acidosis:

Accident? Where are you running to?
Lol...so u don't know there's something called domestic accident?

I'm out
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by iwaeda: 8:42pm On May 02, 2020
frozen70:

But how come the rich and powerful people are the one dying in kano for covid-19

Hmmmm

They should go and beg Sanusi to come and do something

But my problem with this people is that they stay together like flies so the spread will be high

Death is a natural thing in the North, we are hearing about the rich because of social media.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by edrys(m): 8:45pm On May 02, 2020
You see how luck was on Fmr. Emir Lamido Sanusi side. I don't think he would be able to avoid contracting the virus if he were to be in Kano now. Although he might recuperate, but who knows?.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Acidosis(m): 8:47pm On May 02, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Lol...so u don't know there's something called domestic accident?

I'm out

I'm sure you weren't referring to domestic accident. BTW, can we just focus on the symptoms/health issues we've seen so far? I'm yet to read about accident cases in Kano. Even in Lagos, we didn't read about such issues.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by unscripted(m): 8:51pm On May 02, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
Knew he won't make it alive.
If community transmission is 80% currently, how do you think Kano won't lose over a million in the coming weeks.?
u just open mouth call a million life's like u r talking about Fies
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:57pm On May 02, 2020
unscripted:
u just open mouth call a million life's like u r talking about Fies

No vex

As an insider and how the Kanawa HausaFulanis live in clustering communities....... I fear the worst...!

According to PTF on covid, community transmission is over 80%. Meaning 4 out 5 persons are positive in all samples.

Wetin u wan talk naa...?
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by SeverusSnape(m): 9:06pm On May 02, 2020
seunmsg:
It’s now official, Kano is in big trouble. They can no longer explain away the numerous deaths as normal occurrence. Kano needs serious help and attention from FG and international agencies.

RIP to the late emir.

#Pray for Kano.
You, A well known bigot is asking for prayers. I am shocked, Wonders shall not end.

Pray for yourself to be healed of bigotry.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Goodzinny: 9:12pm On May 02, 2020
This his kind of mouth cover no follow ooh. Na sieve be this. It will just direct all the coro virus into your mouth. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by okpalaAnambra: 9:13pm On May 02, 2020
Acidosis:

I'm sure you weren't referring to domestic accident. BTW, can we just focus on the symptoms/health issues we've seen so far? I'm yet to read about accident cases in Kano. Even in Lagos, we didn't read about such issues.

That u don't read about them doesn't mean they don't happen..you're only limited to what u know
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by SMGGroup: 9:16pm On May 02, 2020
Arrewa:
Rip to the Emir of Rano Tafida Abubakar!!

This is trying times to my kano people!

We've really lost great men this year more than ever before!!

I plead on Nigerians to continue praying for my dear state kano!!

This isn't about Covid19 cos most of these death has test negative for covid19! I think there's something going on!!

This lockdown is also preventing sick people from going to the hospital for treatment!!

They're number of sick people in Kano who no longer have access to the hospital and I think kano state government should do something about that!

People are also calling radio stations complaining that their love ones with malaria, diabetes, typhoid don't have access to drugs!

Ganduje should act like a doctor that he is!!

Ganduje is not a medical doctor neither did he study anything related to medicine. Be careful

1 Like

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by byteem: 9:25pm On May 02, 2020
seunmsg:

Rubbish!

This post is blasphemous. God is not in the business of killing lots of people with virus for political reasons. America now has the highest number of deaths from the virus. So tell me, what is God punishing America for?

See, it is not compulsory to comment. Just move to next thread if you have nothing reasonable to post.

Ogun kii u dere
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Awoleesu(m): 9:36pm On May 02, 2020
Rehinard Bonnke...

If you know, you know!
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by tradebot: 9:36pm On May 02, 2020
Call Ghana to investigate this, Nigerians can't be trusted. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Meanwhile.. See Nigeria free chatroom no restriction no registration. www.Busybody.com.ng
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by byteem: 9:36pm On May 02, 2020
lomprico:
Gandollar, if you like keep lying and playing down the effects of the virus in your domain, you will be next soon.

the core north is about to see the effects of ignorance birthed by illiteracy. Sanusi has been warning them since.

Abeg tell dem..the health workers have fled kano. The few that are dere are treading with extreme prejudice Aboki no dey hear word .. no reasonable health worker will risk their lives for people who talk to you rudely. And practically spit on u in the name of religious mediocrity. Those saying that they dnt have access to healthcare how many northerners believe in conventional healthcare
most of the grass root north habe more belief in local herbal medicine than hospitals for malaria and thypoid hospitals never helped. And they were just fine so its not thypoid or malaria killing them its corona basic

1 Like

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by ABINTUK(m): 9:38pm On May 02, 2020
Arrewa:
Rip to the Emir of Rano Tafida Abubakar!!

This is trying times to my kano people!

We've really lost great men this year more than ever before!!

I plead on Nigerians to continue praying for my dear state kano!!

This isn't about Covid19 cos most of these death has test negative for covid19! I think there's something going on!!

This lockdown is also preventing sick people from going to the hospital for treatment!!

They're number of sick people in Kano who no longer have access to the hospital and I think kano state government should do something about that!

People are also calling radio stations complaining that their love ones with malaria, diabetes, typhoid don't have access to drugs!

Ganduje should act like a doctor that he is!!

A doctor of a dollars receiver.

1 Like

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by vertueptime: 9:40pm On May 02, 2020
Emir is a ceremonial head, he cant issue government directives but only emphasize and reeducate the masses.

IlovePMB:
If they like make dem no call back Sanusi until they all die. The point there is if Sanusi was still the Emir and was respected by Ganduje and all Kano citizens, the situation in Kano would not be like this. Sanusi is well educated and knows much about modern happenings. He would have given strict laws to the Kano citizens to stop public gatherings, stop all movements to Kano and take the Covid 19 serious. He would have been in the better position of educating them on the seriousness of the pandemic. But now Kano have only illiterates leading them. Some of them still dont believe in Covid 19.

There is nothing else killing the Kano people apart from coronavirus. If you still doubt this then wait for just one month. You all would be convinced. Kano would take over Lagos as the hot bed of Covid 19 by next month. Save this post. People would die like chickens in the north in the next few months.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by ArewaFanatic(m): 10:02pm On May 02, 2020
IlovePMB:
If they like make dem no call back Sanusi until they all die. The point there is if Sanusi was still the Emir and was respected by Ganduje and all Kano citizens, the situation in Kano would not be like this. Sanusi is well educated and knows much about modern happenings. He would have given strict laws to the Kano citizens to stop public gatherings, stop all movements to Kano and take the Covid 19 serious. He would have been in the better position of educating them on the seriousness of the pandemic. But now Kano have only illiterates leading them. Some of them still dont believe in Covid 19.

There is nothing else killing the Kano people apart from coronavirus. If you still doubt this then wait for just one month. You all would be convinced. Kano would take over Lagos as the hot bed of Covid 19 by next month. Save this post. People would die like chickens in the north in the next few months.

I have often refrained from engaging with people who I feel are really not worth my time especially on nameless forums such as Nairaland. However, a lot of points in your comment necessitate me to make an exception. I do hope that you learn from whatever I write. Should you choose to maintain your present manner, I will hereafter not dignify you with a response.
To begin with, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is gone, gone for good. Sure you might have liked him in the south, but then he is no king of the south. He was appointed emir of a northern emirate by a governor and was deposed by one. Ultimately, whatever you think of the saga is hardly important. Sanusi never identified as your leader while he ruled. We northerners hardly care about the power tussles in these kind of issues. Jonathan did all he could to prevent him from ascending the throne, including sending convoys of armed military men to stop him from gaining access into the palace. Hardly did any northerner (who is not a politician) raise a finger at this. Now that he is gone, no northerner has said anything. The hues and cries were mostly from the south.
Ganduje isn't the only Nigerian governor who was slow in responding to the pandemic. He just is the most unlucky. Like the federal government, the governments of the majority of the states never bothered about it. Like Trump, they all assumed it was a chinese virus. Ganduje surely has been stupid on how he has handled the situation thus far, but other governors (aside very few) are hardly better than him.
I notice that it is quite commonplace for many of you southerners to throw the labels "illiterate, ignorant" and their synonyms at us at every opportunity you get. I have only laughed at such assertions really. The majority of you have of course never visited the north (those who have probably spent very little time here, mostly isolating themselves from the local population, thinking of themselves as naturally superior). A brilliant former colleague of mine boasted in school during our days as students that he had not come to school in the north to be beaten by northerners. When the exams results came out, our department was led by mainly by the same northerners. My friend was so embarrassed given especially that his comment went round, and said no word about northerners being dumb again throughout our stay in school. He managed to graduate with us in 2016.
You probably will not care anyway, and I do not wish to write much stories. I will just go on to make my last point.
Northerners will die like chickens in the coming months? I could not believe I read that. Sure you are no health expert nor a pollster and your opinions matter very little, that is if they do at all, neither does God accept such prayers, I still find myself curious about what could prompt such a frankly disgusting wish. I would be quite happy if you can do me the favor of answering. Need I remind you however, to think you are safe, wherever your region is, isn't a smart thought. Have you not heard: the virus began its terror in faraway China and has found its way into almost every country on the planet. Whatever your opinion on Northern Nigeria is, the south is hardly safe if we begin to drop dead like chickens. Be rest assured, it would soon be the South's turn.
As a side note, you hardly know about the qualifications of the present emir of Kano to suggest that Sanusi is smarter than him. Just because he isn't a noise maker as Sanusi was does not detract from the fact that he is an accomplished man.
You can read in between the lines of what I have written and engage with it, or you may do the opposite. Our elders say "ba'a nuna ma kaza hanyar rafi". You do not decide what comments a reasoning individual make.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by JimohMomoh: 10:13pm On May 02, 2020
IlovePMB:

Well said.
That guy called arrewa in this forum is also an example of typical kano boy, stubborn and love backwardness.
They don't like adopting modern way of doing things, completely blinded by their culture.

1 Like

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Luvinghubby: 10:26pm On May 02, 2020
[s]
ArewaFanatic:

I have often refrained from engaging with people who I feel are really not worth my time especially on nameless forums such as Nairaland. However, a lot of points in your comment necessitate me to make an exception. I do hope that you learn from whatever I write. Should you choose to maintain your present manner, I will hereafter not dignify you with a response.
To begin with, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is gone, gone for good. Sure you might have liked him in the south, but then he is no king of the south. He was appointed emir of a northern emirate by a governor and was deposed by one. Ultimately, whatever you think of the saga is hardly important. Sanusi never identified as your leader while he ruled. We northerners hardly care about the power tussles in these kind of issues. Jonathan did all he could to prevent him from ascending the throne, including sending convoys of armed military men to stop him from gaining access into the palace. Hardly did any northerner (who is not a politician) raise a finger at this. Now that he is gone, no northerner has said anything. The hues and cries were mostly from the south.
Ganduje isn't the only Nigerian governor who was slow in responding to the pandemic. He just is the most unlucky. Like the federal government, the governments of the majority of the states never bothered about it. Like Trump, they all assumed it was a chinese virus. Ganduje surely has been stupid on how he has handled the situation thus far, but other governors (aside very few) are hardly better than him.
I notice that it is quite commonplace for many of you southerners to throw the labels "illiterate, ignorant" and their synonyms at us at every opportunity you get. I have only laughed at such assertions really. The majority of you have of course never visited the north (those who have probably spent very little time here, mostly isolating themselves from the local population, thinking of themselves as naturally superior). A brilliant former colleague of mine boasted in school during our days as students that he had not come to school in the north to be beaten by northerners. When the exams results came out, our department was led by mainly by the same northerners. My friend was so embarrassed given especially that his comment went round, and said no word about northerners being dumb again throughout our stay in school. He managed to graduate with us in 2016.
You probably will not care anyway, and I do not wish to write much stories. I will just go on to make my last point.
Northerners will die like chickens in the coming months? I could not believe I read that. Sure you are no health expert nor a pollster and your opinions matter very little, that is if they do at all, neither does God accept such prayers, I still find myself curious about what could prompt such a frankly disgusting wish. I would be quite happy if you can do me the favor of answering. Need I remind you however, to think you are safe, wherever your region is, isn't a smart thought. Have you not heard: the virus began its terror in faraway China and has found its way into almost every country on the planet. Whatever your opinion on Northern Nigeria is, the south is hardly safe if we begin to drop dead like chickens. Be rest assured, it would soon be the South's turn.
As a side note, you hardly know about the qualifications of the present emir of Kano to suggest that Sanusi is smarter than him. Just because he isn't a noise maker as Sanusi was does not detract from the fact that he is an accomplished man.
You can read in between the lines of what I have written and engage with it, or you may do the opposite. Our elders say "ba'a nuna ma kaza hanyar rafi". You do not decide what comments a reasoning individual make.
[/s]
Thrash.
Your write up shows that you are a beneficiary of quota system Sanusi was kicking against.

Kano indegenes are naturally stubborn.

1 Like

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Deoboss(m): 10:26pm On May 02, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
Knew he won't make it alive.
If community transmission is 80% currently, how do you think Kano won't lose over a million in the coming weeks.?

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by ArewaFanatic(m): 10:34pm On May 02, 2020
Jiire246:
Unfortunate , I really don't pity them. When this started they didnt believe anything. They demonstrated against the lockdown. Went enmass to mosques. Burnt down police stations for police trying to enforce the social distancing rule. Their clerics saying it was a western sickness . shouting no corona. Washing their hands and drinking the water. They don't deserve any pity. Next time they will learn not to play with any news of such. Stupid governor who was supposed to enforce rule of law and educate people sat back and watched. Why are they crying of neglect now. Always waiting till people die like ants before taking action. Illiteracy is a disease. The blood of the dead is on the governor. Nonsense

Of course you shouldn't. We did not ask for your pity. All I ask for is that you show some decorum in a public forum.
By the way, no single statement you regurgitated (obviously without verifying) is true. Sheikh Yahaya Jingir (the cleric who preached against it) does not represent the entire clerics of Northern Nigeria or even that of his own state. Besides, he has quite a lot of accomplices in the south. To date, so many of the 'enlightened southerners' deny the existence of the virus. Pastor Chris Onyakhilome is world famous for towing a similar silly line. And guess what, hundreds of northern clerics condemned Jingir and warned their followers to take safety precautions seriously.
As for the protests, I have no information about it. Perhaps it happened, perhaps it didn't or perhaps it was unconnected to Corona Virus. Whatever it is, a protest at this time is wrong and ought to be condemned. But does a protest carried out by at most five hundred people warrant the wanton condemnation of millions of Kano people. About 70,000 people have died in the US, yet we watched just last week in horror as hundreds hit the street to protest the lockdown. In fact, at this moment, a number of US states have not implemented a total lockdown. I will not call all Americans idiots and morons simply because of these actions. And yes Unlike you, I do have pity for the suffering and empathy for the dead. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by ArewaFanatic(m): 10:37pm On May 02, 2020
Luvinghubby:
[s][/s]
Thrash.
Your write up shows that you are a beneficiary of quota system Sanusi was kicking against.

Kano indegenes are naturally stubborn.

And you sounded very brilliant. Congratulations sir.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by foreshore(m): 10:45pm On May 02, 2020
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by frozen70(f): 10:48pm On May 02, 2020
iwaeda:

Death is a natural thing in the North, we are hearing about the rich because of social media.

It's every where

But this covid-19 calls for concern
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 02, 2020
MiztaFabuloz:
He has finally picked Abba Kyari's call just as I mentioned earlier.
abba kyari has been trying to reach your number and soon you will recieve his call u r lucky your number is not reacheable now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 / Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.