Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation (72232 Views)

Burial Of Tafida Ila, Emir Of Rano: Only 20 People Attended - Bashir Ahmad / Sick Emir Of Rano, Tafida Abubakar Ila Taken To Hospital / Tafida Bawo: Emir Of Rano Suspends District Heads, Strips Them Of Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by MiztaFabuloz(m): 11:06pm On May 02, 2020
Scanfrost:
You talk am ooo

Shey you don see am
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by manasuk(m): 11:16pm On May 02, 2020
Sanusi have left kano forever we no like him anymore.
IlovePMB:
If they like make dem no call back Sanusi until they all die. The point there is if Sanusi was still the Emir and was respected by Ganduje and all Kano citizens, the situation in Kano would not be like this. Sanusi is well educated and knows much about modern happenings. He would have given strict laws to the Kano citizens to stop public gatherings, stop all movements to Kano and take the Covid 19 serious. He would have been in the better position of educating them on the seriousness of the pandemic. But now Kano have only illiterates leading them. Some of them still dont believe in Covid 19.

There is nothing else killing the Kano people apart from coronavirus. If you still doubt this then wait for just one month. You all would be convinced. Kano would take over Lagos as the hot bed of Covid 19 by next month. Save this post. People would die like chickens in the north in the next few months.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by IlovePMB: 11:17pm On May 02, 2020
ArewaFanatic:

I have often refrained from engaging with people who I feel are really not worth my time especially on nameless forums such as Nairaland. However, a lot of points in your comment necessitate me to make an exception. I do hope that you learn from whatever I write. Should you choose to maintain your present manner, I will hereafter not dignify you with a response.
To begin with, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is gone, gone for good. Sure you might have liked him in the south, but then he is no king of the south. He was appointed emir of a northern emirate by a governor and was deposed by one. Ultimately, whatever you think of the saga is hardly important. Sanusi never identified as your leader while he ruled. We northerners hardly care about the power tussles in these kind of issues. Jonathan did all he could to prevent him from ascending the throne, including sending convoys of armed military men to stop him from gaining access into the palace. Hardly did any northerner (who is not a politician) raise a finger at this. Now that he is gone, no northerner has said anything. The hues and cries were mostly from the south.
Ganduje isn't the only Nigerian governor who was slow in responding to the pandemic. He just is the most unlucky. Like the federal government, the governments of the majority of the states never bothered about it. Like Trump, they all assumed it was a chinese virus. Ganduje surely has been stupid on how he has handled the situation thus far, but other governors (aside very few) are hardly better than him.
I notice that it is quite commonplace for many of you southerners to throw the labels "illiterate, ignorant" and their synonyms at us at every opportunity you get. I have only laughed at such assertions really. The majority of you have of course never visited the north (those who have probably spent very little time here, mostly isolating themselves from the local population, thinking of themselves as naturally superior). A brilliant former colleague of mine boasted in school during our days as students that he had not come to school in the north to be beaten by northerners. When the exams results came out, our department was led by mainly by the same northerners. My friend was so embarrassed given especially that his comment went round, and said no word about northerners being dumb again throughout our stay in school. He managed to graduate with us in 2016.
You probably will not care anyway, and I do not wish to write much stories. I will just go on to make my last point.
Northerners will die like chickens in the coming months? I could not believe I read that. Sure you are no health expert nor a pollster and your opinions matter very little, that is if they do at all, neither does God accept such prayers, I still find myself curious about what could prompt such a frankly disgusting wish. I would be quite happy if you can do me the favor of answering. Need I remind you however, to think you are safe, wherever your region is, isn't a smart thought. Have you not heard: the virus began its terror in faraway China and has found its way into almost every country on the planet. Whatever your opinion on Northern Nigeria is, the south is hardly safe if we begin to drop dead like chickens. Be rest assured, it would soon be the South's turn.
As a side note, you hardly know about the qualifications of the present emir of Kano to suggest that Sanusi is smarter than him. Just because he isn't a noise maker as Sanusi was does not detract from the fact that he is an accomplished man.
You can read in between the lines of what I have written and engage with it, or you may do the opposite. Our elders say "ba'a nuna ma kaza hanyar rafi". You do not decide what comments a reasoning individual make.

First of all I don't wish anyone death. I am talking from experience around the world. From what is happening in the world, anyone with common sense should know that Kano, the north and Nigeria in general is in a very big mess. Many religious people in Rome, UK, Spain and US hoped on God and yet people died like chickens. What technology do we have in Nigeria to fight this virus better than the developed countries did?

Covid19 came to the USA about 3 months ago but they now have over one million infections and more than 65,000 deaths. If people from well organized and developed countries are dying like chickens is it a disorganized and underdeveloped Nigeria that would be spared. Covid-19 would kill Nigerians more than it did in developed countries because majority of Nigerians are poor, stubborn, disorganized and don't have access to standard health facilities.

Nigeria is in trouble unless the vaccine comes out. Even many Nigerians due to their ignorance and too much belief in conspiracy theories, would reject the vaccine. We are in a big mess. Majority of us have underlying sickness but don't know. There are no much ventilators in Nigeria. Few isolation centres.

As for intelligence, everyone is intelligent but Islam and quota system dragged the north back a lot. The almajiri system did a lot of damage. I know there are well educated northerners but the number of illiterate ones is alarming.

1 Like

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by realstars: 1:21am On May 03, 2020
IlovePMB:
If they like make dem no call back Sanusi until they all die. The point there is if Sanusi was still the Emir and was respected by Ganduje and all Kano citizens, the situation in Kano would not be like this. Sanusi is well educated and knows much about modern happenings. He would have given strict laws to the Kano citizens to stop public gatherings, stop all movements to Kano and take the Covid 19 serious. He would have been in the better position of educating them on the seriousness of the pandemic. But now Kano have only illiterates leading them. Some of them still dont believe in Covid 19.

There is nothing else killing the Kano people apart from coronavirus. If you still doubt this then wait for just one month. You all would be convinced. Kano would take over Lagos as the hot bed of Covid 19 by next month. Save this post. People would die like chickens in the north in the next few months.
Same Thougt,

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by ayusco85(m): 1:46am On May 03, 2020
omoiyamayor:
haha my comment must have affected you bro

Don't be too quick to comment if you have no idea. U will be displaying your ignorance in public
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by miky(m): 3:59am On May 03, 2020
They only people that may escape this thing are those who have stayed at home and obeyed!
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by mauchiz: 4:18am On May 03, 2020
I can see that God loves Sunusi former emir of Kano.

Look at how they removed him, then coronavirus showed up.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Hadsty23(m): 4:37am On May 03, 2020
Bring back your glory... Removing SLS is the worst to the ancestors

[quqote author=Arrewa post=89109487]Rip to the Emir of Rano Tafida Abubakar!!

This is trying times to my kano people!

We've really lost great men this year more than ever before!!

I plead on Nigerians to continue praying for my dear state kano!!

This isn't about Covid19 cos most of these death has test negative for covid19! I think there's something going on!!

This lockdown is also preventing sick people from going to the hospital for treatment!!

They're number of sick people in Kano who no longer have access to the hospital and I think kano state government should do something about that!

People are also calling radio stations complaining that their love ones with malaria, diabetes, typhoid don't have access to drugs!

Ganduje should act like a doctor that he is!!

[/quote]
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by potopotoking: 5:05am On May 03, 2020
[s]
ArewaFanatic:

I have often refrained from engaging with people who I feel are really not worth my time especially on nameless forums such as Nairaland. However, a lot of points in your comment necessitate me to make an exception. I do hope that you learn from whatever I write. Should you choose to maintain your present manner, I will hereafter not dignify you with a response.
To begin with, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is gone, gone for good. Sure you might have liked him in the south, but then he is no king of the south. He was appointed emir of a northern emirate by a governor and was deposed by one. Ultimately, whatever you think of the saga is hardly important. Sanusi never identified as your leader while he ruled. We northerners hardly care about the power tussles in these kind of issues. Jonathan did all he could to prevent him from ascending the throne, including sending convoys of armed military men to stop him from gaining access into the palace. Hardly did any northerner (who is not a politician) raise a finger at this. Now that he is gone, no northerner has said anything. The hues and cries were mostly from the south.
Ganduje isn't the only Nigerian governor who was slow in responding to the pandemic. He just is the most unlucky. Like the federal government, the governments of the majority of the states never bothered about it. Like Trump, they all assumed it was a chinese virus. Ganduje surely has been stupid on how he has handled the situation thus far, but other governors (aside very few) are hardly better than him.
I notice that it is quite commonplace for many of you southerners to throw the labels "illiterate, ignorant" and their synonyms at us at every opportunity you get. I have only laughed at such assertions really. The majority of you have of course never visited the north (those who have probably spent very little time here, mostly isolating themselves from the local population, thinking of themselves as naturally superior). A brilliant former colleague of mine boasted in school during our days as students that he had not come to school in the north to be beaten by northerners. When the exams results came out, our department was led by mainly by the same northerners. My friend was so embarrassed given especially that his comment went round, and said no word about northerners being dumb again throughout our stay in school. He managed to graduate with us in 2016.
You probably will not care anyway, and I do not wish to write much stories. I will just go on to make my last point.
Northerners will die like chickens in the coming months? I could not believe I read that. Sure you are no health expert nor a pollster and your opinions matter very little, that is if they do at all, neither does God accept such prayers, I still find myself curious about what could prompt such a frankly disgusting wish. I would be quite happy if you can do me the favor of answering. Need I remind you however, to think you are safe, wherever your region is, isn't a smart thought. Have you not heard: the virus began its terror in faraway China and has found its way into almost every country on the planet. Whatever your opinion on Northern Nigeria is, the south is hardly safe if we begin to drop dead like chickens. Be rest assured, it would soon be the South's turn.
As a side note, you hardly know about the qualifications of the present emir of Kano to suggest that Sanusi is smarter than him. Just because he isn't a noise maker as Sanusi was does not detract from the fact that he is an accomplished man.
You can read in between the lines of what I have written and engage with it, or you may do the opposite. Our elders say "ba'a nuna ma kaza hanyar rafi". You do not decide what comments a reasoning individual make.
[/s]
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by potopotoking: 5:18am On May 03, 2020
[s]
Arrewa:
Rip to the Emir of Rano Tafida Abubakar!!

This isn't about Covid19 cos most of these death has test negative for covid19! I think there's something going on!!

This lockdown is also preventing sick people from going to the hospital for treatment!!

They're number of sick people in Kano who no longer have access to the hospital and I think kano state government should do something about that!

People are also calling radio stations complaining that their love ones with malaria, diabetes, typhoid don't have access to drugs!

[/s]

The dirge being wailed by the widows and bastards of your quenched arewa elites will soon be sung in your household, by God's grace.

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by galaxy2020(m): 5:30am On May 03, 2020
Northerners are their own problem,pretending there's no corona virus. You rig elections, oya make una rig this one.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by simhosting: 5:39am On May 03, 2020
Rip
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Amumaigwe: 6:37am On May 03, 2020
Arrewa:

We advised that Kano should improve on her human capital index, you were busy posting pictures of flyovers and fancy buildings while insulting everybody. Please ask those bridges to provide you drugs and act like doctor.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by omoiyamayor(m): 7:17am On May 03, 2020
ayusco85:

Don't be too quick to comment if you have no idea. U will be displaying your ignorance in public
I still don't get how this hurt you so much and moreover thats not being ignorant,I'm not kano local,the only nasarawa rest of us know is a state,a piece of advice brother, stop being a bully,it wasnt me who brought covid to Kano and I'm not the enemy.we are praying for your people.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by sevenhundred(m): 7:19am On May 03, 2020
[/quote]ganduje is not a medical doctor!!!!
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Musafatiu2(m): 7:22am On May 03, 2020
May Allah give the family the fortitude to bear the loss and grant the deceased Al janah fridaus ( Amen)
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Adavizeee(m): 10:24am On May 03, 2020
Kano needs urgent God intervention

Rest in peace to the deceased and may God give the family the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by henryhemon(m): 11:00am On May 03, 2020
JAMO84:
Low budget TB Joshua. If they don't die like chicken, come and kill them

Aren't they dying like chicken already?
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by OFFICIAL336: 11:07am On May 03, 2020
Arrewa:

But you said Kano is more developed than the entire SE.

A region without strong pharmaceutical industry cannot survive war.

Anambra has more indigenous pharmaceutical companies than the 3 northern regions combined
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Richardoneal(m): 12:20pm On May 03, 2020
Guy it's their illiteracy that's killing them

cool
Arrewa:

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Alabaarowolo: 12:52pm On May 03, 2020
In Zamfara, Emir of Kaura Namoda is dead
The Emir of Kaura Namoda in Zamfara state, His Royal Highness. Alhaji Muhammad Ahmad Asha, is dead.
He died at the age of 71 on Sunday.
A younger brother to the emir, Alhaji Abdulkarim Ahmad Asha (Dan Jekan Laura), also a traditional title holder in Kaura Naomda emirate, announced his demised to Journalists.
According to him, Late emir has died after battling chronic diabetes and hypertension for a long period.
“The late emir spent four days in his palace receiving medical treatment and after we realised that his condition was deteriorating, we took him to Yariman Bakura specialist hospital in Gusau, where he gave up the ghost after three days of admission,” he said.
https://blueprint.ng/in-zamfara-emir-of-kaura-namoda-is-dead/

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 03, 2020
IlovePMB:

I am from Kano and yes, the situation here is less than stellar, but the media has overblown things to ridiculous proportions. There aren't dead bodies littering the streets. Most of the cases or COVID-19 are returnees from abroad and other states. So many students and business men returned home from Turkey despite the alleged border closure. If there was a serious case of community transmission as is reported, it'd have been in the news by now. Whole local governments would have turned to ghost towns. This infection is still thriving amongst the rich. That goes without saying a lockdown isn't feasible here. The folks here simply wouldnt listen until they see someone close to them die. Thats the stubbornness 'yen kanawa' have. Only the military could force them to do anything.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by IlovePMB: 1:07pm On May 03, 2020
Kiddler:

I am from Kano and yes, the situation here is less than stellar, but the media has overblown things to ridiculous proportions. There aren't dead bodies littering the streets. Most of the cases or COVID-19 are returnees from abroad and other states. So many students and business men returned home from Turkey despite the alleged border closure. If there was a serious case of community transmission as is reported, it'd have been in the news by now. Whole local governments would have turned to ghost towns. This infection is still thriving amongst the rich. That goes without saying a lockdown isn't feasible here. The folks here simply wouldnt listen until they see someone close to them die. Thats the stubbornness 'yen kanawa' have. Only the military could force them to do anything.

Everyone should do anything humanly possible to avoid catching or spreading this virus. It is like WHO and China lied to us. This virus is more deadly than they earlier made us believe.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 03, 2020
realstars:
Same Thougt,

What is killing Kano folks is a myriad of problems. I school in Bayero University and I can count 5 of our professors who have died recently, and, no, it isnt Covid-19. A majority of the older population are diabetic and hypertensive, you can hardly point at someone above 50 who isn't afflicted with diabetes. There's malaria and typhoid everywhere. It is getting hotter towards June and this is when Measles and bacterial meningitis blooms. You must have heard of the rise increase in burials about a week ago: that was because the bodies all converged at a major cemetery. There is a certain fear attached to visiting a hospital right now.

1 Like

Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 03, 2020
IlovePMB:

Everyone should do anything humanly possible to avoid catching or spreading this virus. It is like WHO and China lied to us. This virus is more deadly than they earlier made us believe.

This particular strain has never been seen before. So lots of fumbling is expected from world medical bodies. It's the way you fumble with a new phone you're not familiar with.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by Antichristus: 3:01pm On May 03, 2020
Will Nigerians and Nigerian leaders, irrespective of the religious or non religious affiliation, ever learn from this? Infrastructures in all its facet - education, health, roads, etc., are dilapidated. Rather than diversify our economy, the Nigerian government remain fixated on oil revenue. Only a few weeks ago, the price of oil collapsed and fell to about-$40 per barrel. Those who think they are financially secured and can always run abroad for medical care, to buy choice properties, and to educate their children in private boarding schools whilst public infrastructures in Nigeria continue to degenerate, this is the sort of thing you have to contend with. You cannot plant papaya and hope to harvest grapes.
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by NaomiKiss: 3:06pm On May 03, 2020
NaomiKiss:
Too bad....

Many are Dying...
Some are opening the eyes to Joy and Happiness while others to Darkness, pains, Wailing and Crying!

Let the Living Make their Choices with all Seriousness.

Mercy Expires at Death!

Condolences to the Family and the Rano people
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by ayusco85(m): 4:13pm On May 04, 2020
omoiyamayor:
I still don't get how this hurt you so much and moreover thats not being ignorant,I'm not kano local,the only nasarawa rest of us know is a state,a piece of advice brother, stop being a bully,it wasnt me who brought covid to Kano and I'm not the enemy.we are praying for your people.

Point of correction am not from kano I only grew up there.
Yes most of them are ignorant but at least for humanity sake we should have empathy for what's happening there
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by omoiyamayor(m): 4:43pm On May 04, 2020
ayusco85:

Point of correction am not from kano I only grew up there.
Yes most of them are ignorant but at least for humanity sake we should have empathy for what's happening there
I apologize If my comment regarding your neighbors was insensitive,I was only saying lamido would have been trapped in nasarawa .
Re: Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation by ayusco85(m): 4:55pm On May 04, 2020
omoiyamayor:
I apologize If my comment regarding your neighbors was insensitive,I was only saying lamido would have been trapped in nasarawa .

Have a nice day. Stay safe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 / Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.