Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? (58480 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Situation/place You Have Been Preached To? / Jesus Has Been Preached To The Ends Of The World / Would You Prefer A World Where Religion Don't Exist At All? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Farki: 11:01am On May 03, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Op, be specific. Countries or "places" Which exactly do you mean? 'cause I really want to help you.

Well, talking about "places", try the Sentinelese of the North Sentinel Island in India. One of the least touched places on Earth despite the fact that it is not so remote when compared to other more distant parts of the Earth.

The gospel has never been preached there. And I heard the folks there are quite warm and friendly.

Another place should be Antarctica. Imagine preaching in a whole new continent.

Then, next you can try the unreached tribes deep in the recesses of the Amazon forest.

So, what's the plan, OP?

The North sentinelese are not warm and friendly. They are an uncontacted group of people who attack any outsiders who come near. For their safety since they don't have immunity to our diseases and for the safety of travellers India has banned outsiders from going near the islands.
One person didn't listen in 2018 because of his stubbornness in proselytising he was killed.

1 Like

Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by maxzzo1(m): 11:02am On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:
The Gospel has Gone Allover the Earth

Don't DECIEVE yourself! There is no Continent or Nation that does not have Gospel of JESUS CHRIST!
I think not yet ,there is one Indian Island where they live like stone age, they don't entertain visitors till date
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by tunary(m): 11:03am On May 03, 2020
some where in India the gospel has not been preached there because strangers are not welcome. ask goggle for answers
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by ensamy(m): 11:03am On May 03, 2020
The gospel needs to be preached again in Europe and America.
How can governments defend LGBT and Transgender than religious Liberty.
A 3 or 4 year old girl/boy doesn't understand LGBT or gender issues and still they say he or she at that age is gay or is neither girl nor boy but third gender and Thier governments defend this rights.
Africa still remain the best place to raise our children so they become deciplined before traveling overseas. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Farki: 11:04am On May 03, 2020
Chatflick:

And how do you know that? Stop claiming what you can't prove

You just described religion in a sentence.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by curryjuniour(m): 11:04am On May 03, 2020
North Korean.
They have no access to the outside world and you aren't allowed to bring any religious material into their country.
If you are caught preaching or distributing religious material, you will be imprisoned.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by apexx9027: 11:05am On May 03, 2020
[color=#] 1496876[/color]
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by apexx9027: 11:05am On May 03, 2020
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by paxonel(m): 11:05am On May 03, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Not true. They called Sudan Ethiopia on those days too. The Ethiopian eunuch in the bible was actually from what is today known as Sudan[Kush to be precise] and not actually what we call Ethiopia today.

Which means, they knew there was more to Africa than just Egypt.
ok,
However you are seeing it, it still did not dispute the fact that most people in Israel as at the time Jesus was explaining to his disciples in Matthew 24 never travelled wide, so there is possibility that most of them at some point believed that the whole earth was limited to their vicinity. And if you really look at what happened you will see that the gospel of the kingdom was preached within that vicinity by Jesus and his disciples before he was crucified right?
That tells you that everything spoken by Jesus in Matthew 24 happened within that area at that particular time.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Nobody: 11:07am On May 03, 2020
maxzzo1:

I think not yet ,there is one Indian Island where they live like stone age, they don't entertain visitors till date
My Brother THE Internet has carried the Gospel to them
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by afecgivers: 11:08am On May 03, 2020
Plus10:
Jesus said in Matthew 24:14 that the end will come when the gospel has been preached to all nations of the Earth.

My question is "are there nations or places where the gospel has not been preached?

North Korea...you can go and establish church there Sir.

1 Like

Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by StrikeBack(m): 11:08am On May 03, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

So you think Church in Nigeria is Business?
What is it then?
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by ruggedtimi(m): 11:08am On May 03, 2020
Plus10:
Jesus said in Matthew 24:14 that the end will come when the gospel has been preached to all nations of the Earth.

My question is "are there nations or places where the gospel has not been preached?
sentinel island
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by apexx4841: 11:09am On May 03, 2020
[color=#] 407941[/color]
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by lookingfly: 11:09am On May 03, 2020
There are lots of island who's archaic indigenous inhabitants kill Intruders who still wear leaves and have not heard God's word.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by kenduline(m): 11:09am On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

I know some misssionaries in some of the countries.

But with or without missionaries, The internet has spread the gospel of JESUS CHRIST..

Go to YouTube and see Believers in those Nations

Iran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnO_YlzwOFk

Saudi Arabia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDb8GLLSW20

Kuwait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jXf_jTUSBY

Iraq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlMf7ceVWr8

Qatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZi-EZUSwxU

Oga there are hidden communities villages...are talking about internet, social media, boss nor forget nor be everywhere internet don reach ooo...I can of some communities in Nigeria when u go there u will b supprise that you will no longer be able to access the internet. Those you are mentioning are major cities not interior villages or remote areas..there are places that have not b accessed yet,..
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by ruggedtimi(m): 11:10am On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

no cloth there, talk more of an internet access.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by joepepsy(m): 11:11am On May 03, 2020
I think Rivers State, delta state and edo, include all northern state too cos the kind of evil going in in these places ehh.
Plus10:

Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by paxonel(m): 11:11am On May 03, 2020
TrippleEEE:

All nations is also used in the book of revelation to describe the whole world.
that is true, but i was referring to Matthew 24 specifically as it applies to what Jesus was trying to tell his disciples.

The gospel is for the whole Earth! Every tongue and tribe must hear this gospel of the kingdom. The disciples might be myopic but Jesus wasn't.
this is very true

Don't add your opinion to scripture.
i didn't add my opinion, I just rightly divided the word of truth
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by ruggedtimi(m): 11:11am On May 03, 2020
maxzzo1:

the sentinel island no religion there.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Nobody: 11:11am On May 03, 2020
ntyce:

99% of those 1.8m are expatriates in Saudi.

But the point is that they are in Saudi and they practice their faith. And Gospel is being preached there.

Bible didn't say everybody will agree to the teaching.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by HabuD: 11:12am On May 03, 2020
paxonel:
understand how people view the world as that time Jesus was on earth.

1. The fastest means of transportation back then was horse, donkey or camel : meaning, there was a certain limited distance one could cover
2. Because men could not travel far, they tend to believe that the world ends at their immediate environment they can see. That means, for instance, the Jews living in that area of the ancient Israel in those days will never in their wildest imagination believe that continents like Africa, Asia, America, Australia, etc exist because there was no possible means they could travel far.

So when Jesus mentioned the world in that scripture he was referring to the standpoint of the coverage of their view based on the distance men could travel, he was not referring to the world in total.

To that note : Jesus and his disciples travelled from one city to another preaching the gospel of the kingdom, they started from Galilee preaching and were traveling to Jerusalem by foot, it was like traveling from Ibadan to Lagos by foot(based on the map).
That distance was enough for Jesus to say the gospel of the kingdom must be preached to all the earth because to them, that distance was all the earth.

After the gospel of the kingdom was preached by Jesus and his disciples who covered that little distance referred to as all the earth, Jesus was crucified at Jerusalem, that crucifixion was the end.
That crucifixion was what Jesus meant by saying then shall the end come.
Lolz...very funny and wrong analogy. The greek word Jesus used there in Matthew 24:14 for "all the earth" is "oikoumene" meaning "all the INHABITED EARTH" NOT restricted to just Israel! Infact that word specifically referred to the ENTIRE ROMAN EMPIRE which was the world power as at the time of Jesus. The Roman empire at that time stretched so far, as Europe to the west, down to certain parts of Africa including Egypt and Ethiopia, and then to Asia (Asia minor and major) in the east, and Israel down southeast. During the time of Jesus, the gospel was preached only within certain parts of Israel, not even in all Israel not to talk of all of the inhabited earth or Roman empire (some parts of Israel were inhabited by gentiles e.g Tyre and Sidon). Jesus preached only within certain parts of Israel because the gospel then was for only the Jews. (Note that the Israel during the time of Jesus was far different and diverse from the Israel during David's time which was purely occupied by Jews. Afer the Jews were exiled by Nebuchadnezzar, other nations began to infiltrate the empty land of Israel and built up their generations within the land of Israel. So when the Israelite were sent back to their land following the decree of Cyrus the great and formally during the reign of Artaxerxes, they met an already existing gentile population within Israel who had been living there for years and occupying the land after the Jews were exiled). It was when the Jews rejected the messianic truth of Jesus that he now turned to a few of the gentile cities. Remember the syrophoenician woman that asked Jesus for healing? Why do you think Jesus made the statement that you don't give the children's bread to dogs? Because the woman was gentile (from the region of Syrophoenicia i.e Syria and Phoenicia) and Jesus felt it was not yet time to give what belonged exclusively to the Jews to the gentiles. The woman's faith was so great and impressive to Jesus that it broke that principle and Jesus immediately gave her what was supposed to be for the Jews only.
During the time of the apostles, we now began to see the gospel spread to the gentiles through apostle Paul. Through him, it now reached the other parts of the Roman empire (Europe and Asia), while Philip took it to Africa through the Ethiopian eunuch.
So your assertion that the gospel had reached the whole world during the time of Jesus and that the end came at the cross is totally wrong.
There's much more facts I could give you but for lack of space and time.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by kenduline(m): 11:12am On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

I think you haven't traveled once,..you just travel to major cities where u can easily get access to the internet..u never go place where network even for call never dey...if u have u won't b talking like this
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Nobody: 11:12am On May 03, 2020
kenduline:

Oga there are hidden communities villages...are talking about internet, social media, boss nor forget nor be everywhere internet don reach ooo...I can of some communities in Nigeria when u go there u will b supprise that you will no longer be able to access the internet. Those you are mentioning are major cities not interior villages or remote areas..there are places that have not b accessed yet,..

Keep Decieving yourself bro.. when it happens tell JESUS the Gospel has not Reached!

If you know any Village, then you who have known should go tell them
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Heavance(m): 11:12am On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

Don't DECIEVE yourself! There is no Continent or Nation that does not have Gospel of JESUS CHRIST!
There are places o.
One example is sentinel Island, and when you go deeper, you will find other places
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by davit: 11:14am On May 03, 2020
Thanks. Google already helped.
babseg:

Look it up on YouTube
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Nobody: 11:15am On May 03, 2020
kenduline:

I think you haven't traveled once,..you just travel to major cities where u can easily get access to the internet..u never go place where network even for call never dey...if u have u won't b talking like this
keep Deceiving YOURself bro! I don't think you Travel like I do! But that's not not an issue!

The Gospel of JESUS CHRIST has reached Remote places that you don't know!

JESUS HIMSELF IS WORKING
HIS SERVANTS ARE WORKING
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Hisincrease: 11:16am On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

Where and where in this planet earth have you gone to?

Because you have churches littered on your streets doesn't mean its the same in Asia, North America, Antarctica and even in remote Africa.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by talenteder: 11:16am On May 03, 2020
North Korea
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by blackTaliban: 11:18am On May 03, 2020
Many part of Igbo land....those people are wicked
Plus10:

Hmm...which place in Nigeria please?
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by sniperr007(m): 11:18am On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

Na you carry am there bah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed / Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives / 2021 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.