Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,415 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? (58479 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Situation/place You Have Been Preached To? / Jesus Has Been Preached To The Ends Of The World / Would You Prefer A World Where Religion Don't Exist At All? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by HabuD: 12:14pm On May 03, 2020
Equiano:

Let's get this straight please. Matthew 24 started with some of jesus disciples asking him for sign of his presence (2nd coming). Jesus mentioned many things like earthquake, wars pestilences, food shortage ... and preaching to all nation's etc. Jesus knew what he was saying that preaching will be done in all the nations, not what you said above.bthe crucification is not the end that Jesus meant. The end is the end of this ungodly world.
Well said. But the end is not the end of this ungodly world. It is to establish the reign of Jesus as the true messiah after the destruction of the false messiah (the antichrist). Other nations will still be existing with their own rulers and kings and presidents while Jesus rules with his saints for a thousand years. At this time there will be no sin because satan (who deceives people) will be bound in the pit for that 1,000 years that Christ will rule. The end of the ungodly world will come after the 1,000 year reign of Christ and his saints when Satan will be released and he will deceive the nations once again to fight against Christ and his saints . The wicked kings and rulers of the world with their armies will be destroyed at the battle of Armageddon and the new earth will now descend from heaven with Jerusalem as its capital. Then all ungodliness will have been destroyed.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 03, 2020
maxzzo1:

I think not yet ,there is one Indian Island where they live like stone age, they don't entertain visitors till date
Sentiel island have had a Know witness of the Gospel
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Kmaestro(m): 12:16pm On May 03, 2020
This is a proof that aliens exist!!! Think of it, social media, mainstream media had consciously and subconsciously help to spread the message of the gospel. Hardly is there a race, tribe or religion that is oblivious of who Jesus Christ is. In fact we've witnessed the recycling of the gospel messages in churches in recent times.
It's unarguable, if Jesus hasn't come yet, then this means there are races outside this planet that possibly exists. Maybe it's mere intuition, but be sure, I'm not propagating conspiracy. Munch on this thought for a while. grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by U1(m): 12:16pm On May 03, 2020
Plus10:

Sounds good but are there no places in those Countries you mentioned where the Gospel has not been preached at all?Or is it right to say for example all cities,town and villages in Saudi Arabia have heard about the Gospel?

Do you wish to go to such places if they existed? I'm struggling to understand the basis of the question you asked with the original post.

You can be sure that you will find people to preach to in Saudi Arabia and many other countries and locations around the world. Even in Nigeria people are still spreading the Gospel, so what's stopping you?
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by paxonel(m): 12:16pm On May 03, 2020
Lostz:

they know the Earth is vast. remember the Israelites came from Egypt (Africa)

Israel also have history of trade with Africa and the rest of the world during the days of Solomon. Solomon even built fleet of international ships for trade.

even before leaving Earth, Jesus repeated something similar to same people;

Acts . 1. [8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

the bolded shows they know Judaea, Jerusalem and Samaria are different from other part of the Earth.

if you read Matthew 24 clearly, you will understand that Jesus is not just talking about an immediate action.
he was talking about signs and happenings towards the end of the world and preaching all over the Earth happens to be one of the signs
OK, they also know that there were places like the current America, Australia, Canada and even tropical Africa abi? grin

Tell me more
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 03, 2020
Iamtoowise:

Professor, where did you read that human once migrated from Antarctica?
I meant migrated to not from
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by sherlock229(m): 12:19pm On May 03, 2020
go to sentinelese island and try to preach your gospel..I dare you smiley
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by paxonel(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2020
kenduline:

Acts 1:8..But you shall receive the power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the end of the earth
That was after his resuration when he was about going back to heaven
exactly!
That was after his resurrection. That was when they started becoming aware that there are places to go and preach order than Israel and Samaria because they were pushed by persecutions
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by HabuD: 12:26pm On May 03, 2020
paxonel:
see, the Jews had nothing to do with the gentiles where the Romans fall among.
On the other hand, most Romans in the land of the Jews were centurions you know what that means?
They were free and were never bonds like the Jews. So, even if a centurion stoop low to say something about Italy to the Jews how will they possibly imagine that Italy was that far?
I am glad you said MOST ROMANS, which itself is even false. A centurion was a Roman commander of a hundred soldires, and they were few centurions compared to ordinary Roman soldiers and Roman citizens. So you saying MOST Romans were centurions is false. Its like you saying most of the soldiers in Nigeria are major generals or brigadier generals. What happened to the lower ranks? Can high commissioned officers be more than the ground troops they command? The higher you go the fewer they become.
Second, during Jesus' time, Roman citizenship was not just restricted to Romans. Some non-romans including Jews were also Roman citizens, either by birth or by induction for a certain accomplishment. Apostle Paul (though not during Jesus' time) was a perfect example. He was jew but was a Roman citizen by birth. Yet he mingled freely with his fellow Jews who were not Roman citizens.
Also you only disputed one of the many points that I had made earlier. How about the other points I had made earlier?
I sincerely think you need to have a good grasp of Roman history during the time of Jesus and the Apostles before you make comments, so that your comments would be very incisive.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by U1(m): 12:26pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:
Sentiel island have had a Know witness of the Gospel

The man who went to North Sentinel Island to preach the Gospel was killed by the inhabitants. I learnt that after reading a little more about the place when I first got to know about it 1-2 years ago. I'm not sure the people understood him a bit.

It's probably correct to say the Gospel has spread everywhere. But people's perceptions of it differ. For instance, if I have been told that you are a liar, the way I'd respond to you will not be the same as when I wasn't told such.

1 Like

Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by DammyGbade(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2020
The gospel has gone viral... Anywhere there's breeze, the gospel is there.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by HabuD: 12:28pm On May 03, 2020
paxonel:
exactly!
That was after his resurrection. That was when they started becoming aware that there are places to go and preach order than Israel and Samaria because they were pushed by persecutions
So did the end come following his crucifixion like you had said? See how you are here contradicting yourself...lolz
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Lamiri(m): 12:28pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:
The Gospel has Gone Allover the Earth

Don't DECIEVE yourself! There is no Continent or Nation that does not have Gospel of JESUS CHRIST!
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 03, 2020
U1:

The man who went to North Sentinel Island to preach the Gospel was killed by the inhabitants. I learnt that after reading a little more about the place when I first got to know about it 1-2 years ago. I'm not sure the people understood him a bit.

It's probably correct to say the Gospel has spread everywhere. But people's perceptions of it differ. For instance, if I have been told that you are a liar, the way I'd respond to you will not be the same as when I wasn't told such.
Did you hear what he did before he was killed!

He Screamed and told them about JESUS Christ.

That is a Witness..
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by okenwaa(m): 12:31pm On May 03, 2020
North Sentinel Island
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 03, 2020
paxonel:
OK, they also know that there were places like the current America, Australia, Canada and even tropical Africa abi? grin

Tell me more

they may have not known theirs names but they know there are people in the distant part of the Earth.

or you think the Europeans coming to Africa was our first contact with the world?

there were many civilization before the Europeans. just that the Europeans twisted history to suit them.

some of the earliest form of Civilization happens to be in Africa.

Solomon had ships that was sailing around the world.
How far did those fleets travel ? We don’t know, but the Scriptures tell us the sailors sometimes required three years to make a round-trip voyage because the distance was so great.

there was migration all around the world. that is why how the Ethiopian was able to visit Jerusalem for worship
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by U1(m): 12:37pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

Did you hear what he did before he was killed!

He Screamed and told them about JESUS Christ.

That is a Witness..

But did they understand him at all?

I'm not saying that he or people like him did the wrong thing, by the way. No! I also adhere to the Christian faith, just so you know.

Of course, I believe he'd receive a just reward from his Maker.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 03, 2020
U1:

But did they understand him at all?

I'm not saying that he or people like him did the wrong thing, by the way. No! I also adhere to the Christian faith, just so you know.

Of course, I believe he'd receive a just reward from his Maker.
Before he went there, GOD KNEW! For the fact that they killed him shows that they know what is good and evil..
If not they would have also killed them selves
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by scriptures01: 12:40pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

Don't DECIEVE yourself! There is no Continent or Nation that does not have Gospel of JESUS CHRIST!

North Korea, Afghanistan, Somalia, Libya, Pakistan, Sudan, Eritrea, Yemen, Iran.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by pansophist(m): 12:41pm On May 03, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Op, be specific. Countries or "places" Which exactly do you mean? 'cause I really want to help you.

Well, talking about "places", try the Sentinelese of the North Sentinel Island in India. One of the least touched places on Earth despite the fact that it is not so remote when compared to other more distant parts of the Earth.

The gospel has never been preached there. And I heard the folks there are quite warm and friendly.

Another place should be Antarctica. Imagine preaching in a whole new continent.

Then, next you can try the unreached tribes deep in the recesses of the Amazon forest.

So, what's the plan, OP?

Sentinelese ? Lol. You must be kidding. There is a reason why they are isolated and untouched in the first place.

Some stubborn missionaries have gone to preach the gospel to them and they were murdered. They simply do not want foreign contact or interference. A notably stubborn preacher named John Chau was murdered after many warnings and shots from the tribe announcing their rejection to have any contact with him.

So dear Nigerian preachers, go to sentinelese abeg. Those guys need salvation, to resurrect from their agbero behaviours grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by paxonel(m): 12:41pm On May 03, 2020
Equiano:

Let's get this straight please. Matthew 24 started with some of jesus disciples asking him for sign of his presence (2nd coming).
not second coming or is there anywhere in Matthew 24 that Christ mentioned his second coming?
The disciples only asked him what were the signs of his coming and the end of the world thinking that the world will end the moment Jesus is crucified at Jerusalem. Luke 19:11

Jesus mentioned many things like earthquake, wars pestilences, food shortage ... and preaching to all nation's etc. Jesus knew what he was saying that preaching will be done in all the nations, not what you said above.bthe crucification is not the end that Jesus meant. The end is the end of this ungodly world.
all these things happened at that time Jesus was crucified.
For instance,
Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and AND THE EARTH DID QUAKE, and the rocks rent;

So you see, there was earthquake on that day.
There were food shortages. Remember, Jesus had to do miracle to feed 5000 people?
War? The Israelites were already in bondage of war by the Roman empire as at that time.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by paxonel(m): 12:47pm On May 03, 2020
HabuD:

So did the end come following his crucifixion like you had said? See how you are here contradicting yourself...lolz
you are not getting it.
I said the disciples(not me)thought that the end will come that was why they asked Jesus in Matthew 24:3 what are the signs of the end of the world. Unknown to them Jesus was referring to his crucifixion as the end
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 03, 2020
How abt North Korea?
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 03, 2020
scriptures01:

North Korea, Afghanistan, Somalia, Libya, Pakistan, Sudan, Eritrea, Yemen, Iran.

All the Nations you mentioned have the Gospelof JESUS CHRIST. Infact they are the ones who suffer the Real persecution and killings for knowing JESUS

YEMEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHMMbca5exs

Eritrea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8OtNK31UBo
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by paxonel(m): 12:55pm On May 03, 2020
HabuD:

I am glad you said MOST ROMANS, which itself is even false. A centurion was a Roman commander of a hundred soldires, and they were few centurions compared to ordinary Roman soldiers and Roman citizens. So you saying MOST Romans were centurions is false. Its like you saying most of the soldiers in Nigeria are major generals or brigadier generals. What happened to the lower ranks? Can high commissioned officers be more than the ground troops they command? The higher you go the fewer they become.
Second, during Jesus' time, Roman citizenship was not just restricted to Romans. Some non-romans including Jews were also Roman citizens, either by birth or by induction for a certain accomplishment. Apostle Paul (though not during Jesus' time) was a perfect example. He was jew but was a Roman citizen by birth. Yet he mingled freely with his fellow Jews who were not Roman citizens.
Also you only disputed one of the many points that I had made earlier. How about the other points I had made earlier?
I sincerely think you need to have a good grasp of Roman history during the time of Jesus and the Apostles before you make comments, so that your comments would be very incisive.
ok,
I agree i didn't know about the centurion being commanders, but how about the social discrimination that existed between the Jews and gentiles in those days, don't you think there was a limit to which an average Jew could go to a gentile and mingle with him to ask question about his country, why will a Jew do that in the first place?
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by adeoyelekan(m): 12:56pm On May 03, 2020
Plus10:
Jesus said in Matthew 24:14 that the end will come when the gospel has been preached to all nations of the Earth.

My question is "are there nations or places where the gospel has not been preached?
Sambisa Forest
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by paxonel(m): 12:57pm On May 03, 2020
Donlanray:
You need to give your life to Jesus Christ before it is too late.
shut up and get lost.
It's you that need Jesus
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by scriptures01: 12:58pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

All the Nations you mentioned have the Gospelof JESUS CHRIST. Infact they are the ones who suffer the Real persecution and killings for knowing JESUS

YEMEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHMMbca5exs

Eritrea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8OtNK31UBo

The gospel penetration in those countries is basically 0.01% based on the population of Christians to the total population.
The reason why that it is, is because the gospel isn't being preached there on a scale to fully said the gospel has been preached there.
Ask yourself, if you sampled 100 people in Yemen or those countries, what will be the number of those who have heard the
gospel, it will be less than 1%.
Sample 100 people in Nigeria, you will definitely get 50%.
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 03, 2020
scriptures01:

The gospel penetration in those countries is basically 0.01% based on the population of Christians to the total population.
The reason why that it is, is because the gospel isn't being preached there on a scale to fully said the gospel has been preached there.
Ask yourself, if you sampled 100 people in Yemen or those countries, what will be the number of those who have heard the
gospel, it will be less than 1%.
Sample 100 people in Nigeria, you will definitely get 50%.

If the gospel penetration is 0.5 Like you say, they will not be killed for the Name of JESUS..

They have the Gospel Full time
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by adenigga(m): 1:05pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

Please what of Saudi Arabia?
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Salmom: 1:08pm On May 03, 2020
Chosen1984:

Don't be stupid there are islands that gospel hasn't reached becos the islanders are not welcoming to strangers
Re: Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? by Lokoyen(m): 1:10pm On May 03, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Op, be specific. Countries or "places" Which exactly do you mean? 'cause I really want to help you.

Well, talking about "places", try the Sentinelese of the North Sentinel Island in India. One of the least touched places on Earth despite the fact that it is not so remote when compared to other more distant parts of the Earth.

The gospel has never been preached there. And I heard the folks there are quite warm and friendly.

Another place should be Antarctica. Imagine preaching in a whole new continent.

Then, next you can try the unreached tribes deep in the recesses of the Amazon forest.

So, what's the plan, OP?

North Sentinel Island in India are not friendly and warm. I read a news they killed a gospel white preacher with arrow head laced with poison. Abi u wan push the OP to his death?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed / Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives / 2021 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.