Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,261 members, 7,839,323 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

My Thoughts On Access Bank - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thoughts On Access Bank (3782 Views)

My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah / Herbert Wigwe, How Do You Sleep At Night? FFK Explosive Tweets On Access Bank / Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts On Access Bank by Xerxes2088: 4:25pm On May 03, 2020
grandstar:

75% is quite a high number. That means a lot of Access bank staff will be included.

Please note that Access bank is notorious for the use of contract staff. It will mostly be contract staff that will be affected and not those staffed.

Whether contract staff or not, 75% is a high number. It may actually be 75% of Diamond bank staff.
I think it's 75% of total access bank staff not just ex-diamond staffs
Re: My Thoughts On Access Bank by kayfra: 4:48pm On May 03, 2020
Xerxes2088:

If you bothered to read my second statement you would see where I was insinuating that perhaps Access bank might have had trouble long before the lockdown/covid-19 stress.

Secondly as someone pointed out earlier in this thread that for a tier 1 bank to feel so much stress as to warrant sacking 75% of it's workforce in such a short period doesn't tell well, and I second him.

Finally you can pass your message across without insults...cheers

Tier 1 bank. Is it tier 1 economic conditions or they don't know how to project their quarterly performance based on the prevailing global headwinds especially in a country with double jeopardy, covid19 and low oil prices?

Also, a bank discovering they can do more with less.
Re: My Thoughts On Access Bank by adekolaelect(m): 5:02pm On May 03, 2020
Xerxes2088:

Access bank is more of my problem because
1) access bank has my savings and millions of other Nigerian's not atiku, and so should be much more accountable and open on their financial standing.
2) closing 348 branches(not staffs oh) as against atiku's 48 staffs..I don't think I am out of order to focus on access bank and it's effect on the economy.
3) A very close relative is affected by one of their closed branches.
As for the story for Atiku, I don't know. My message I am passing across is that, Access bank might just have been in distress before the covid-19 but just used it as an excuse......if you do know the story of Atiku's sack however pls share.
both committed the same unfair to their staffs but sham on who is trying to justifying one over the other both sacked their staffs during pandemic challenges .

Re: My Thoughts On Access Bank by ikennamadu1(m): 6:06pm On May 03, 2020
jamesversion:
Access Bank is your problem?? What is the story of Atikus mass sack. I want to hear.
Why mention Atiku.. He only sacked 40 something...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Think Tinubu Is Sponsoring The Endsars Protests. / Irate Youths Strip And Rape Chief's Wife In Delta / Peter Obi Should Be Protected At All Cost As Barrack Obama Addresses Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.