Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Time To Divorce My Wife? - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Time To Divorce My Wife? (93040 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by FarmTech(m): 10:35pm On May 05, 2020
Until I hear the other side of the story I won't judge her.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by 9icetoo(m): 10:42pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

You realize that the error is all yours for not choosing well.

For that, you are half way there.

You mentioned that you married in the Church: brother you know that except adultery and I will say abuse, you can't divorce your wife.

You have tried counseling, reporting her to family etc. etc. and it has not worked.

Now, I want you to try changing your reaction to her attitude. You have been married long enough to 'predict' her actions/inactions.

She forgot your birthday, fine. Celebrate yourself. Go out with the kids, go out with your friends etc.

She tries to keep malice, apologize and move on.

I know it is hard, it is abnormal even however you need to build a shield in your heart so that her attitude doesn't get to you anymore.

Don't beg or cajole her to 'change' or 'be better' or whatever: you are telling her that she has power over you.

Thank God finances are not a thing: treat your self, go on vacations, do the certifications or courses you wanted to. Channel your emotions into the things you have always wanted to do, pick up new hobbies, go to gym and workout youf frustrations etc.

And prayers work: if not for her to change, for you to be whole mentally and emotionally.

It is well.
OP, follow this advice. Stay strong
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by may10: 10:57pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello, I have no doubt that your wife is the one from Ekiti State

Please no ethnic banters. One of us is from Ekiti, and the other is from Benue. I am married for 8 years with 2 kids. It has been one problem to another.

I must be very frank, before marriage, my wife had many very questionable characters, but unfortunately we did the marriage counseling in a church were the pastor happened to be her family member. Many of the issues would have been resolved, but when I raised those issues about her character the pastor promised me that everything will be fine after the marriage.
Although this is not an excuse, but looking back now I would have been more patient and taken my decision myself instead of rushing into the marriage. For this I HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE

There is hardly nothing we do not quarrel about, I have always been the one to initiate settlement. The only way I ensure that there is peace in the house is for me not to complain about anything. Even at that, there is always trouble. If the children do anything wrong, she always says those characters the children are exhibiting are not from her and that she is not surprised that they inherited such characters from me.

She can go for months without talking to me, even if I tried to, I have done all I could do, I have begged, cried prayed. I just feel tired and exhausted from trying to make the marriage work or have peace in the home, the sad part is that she often reminds me every time there is misunderstanding that I should remember that she can stay on her own without talking to any body. Just to add, she is very prayerful.

OTHER INFORMATION.
1. I can say conveniently that there is no money problem at home. Finance is okay.
2. I went to see her father 2 years ago, the man said unfortunately he can not do anything. This is true because she was raised away from her Father, she has no contact with any of her fathers family and her father has a zero say in her life.
3. she has 5 elders ones, non of them is in communication with her because of many unresolved issues. Of her 3 younger ones she only maintains a relationship with the last boy who is just 14 years. .
4. Her mum can not talk to her because she simply dares not. However, behind, her mother use to beg me and she kept saying she understands her daughter's character and that she is doing her best by praying and doing deliverance for her.
5. She is not in contact with her maternal uncles and aunt because she said they supported her elder ones when she had problem with them.

So I am stuck with no one to help call the both of us and resolve the issue.

Every year for 5 straight years, she always forgets my birthday, last year, she forgot also, three days later, she bought me a present and I refused to collect the present and I asked her why does she keep forgetting my birthday, year after year for 5 years. She just said sorry, but I left the present in the room, she never bothered to bring the present to me. Another birthday was gone yesterday 2nd May, and as I write, no happy birthday yet.

I literally cook for myself, and all domestic things I do for myself.

I will end this by saying that in fairness to her, her character was not too different before the marriage and courtship, sincerely only once, that was like one year before the marriage I broke up with her, she came to apologize and promised that she will change. Her mother also came to apologize to me also.

This woman has refused to change or allow peace to hold sway, she is right every time, while everybody around is wrong. Sincerely, I do not know what to do anymore.

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Moukman: 10:58pm On May 05, 2020
MariamAlheri:
If your story up there is true, then I feel so sorry for you sir.

I will advise a separation for a while to see if she on her own will realize her follies and repent. If not, divorce, sorry to say.

She has a very bad character from your story, she isn't in good terms with anyone around her at all. Haba! There's no one she answers to, that's bad.

Seperate for a while before you die of hbp. Pele sir.
I'm sorry this is what u have been going through. The family decieved you, the pastor deceived you. They all knew her character, they saw you as the last chance of her getting married. She knew that too, that's why she came to apologize after you broke up. But you even then you yourself saw the signs. I think you really loved her and you just hopped things would get better after marraige.
My advice for you. Leave before you die. You owe yourself happiness.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Olafemiwa: 10:59pm On May 05, 2020
My man try to married another woman, and keep two of then in the same house, dont give her attention any more divert you attention to your new wife, she we change her bad character if she cant change she we go by her self without divorce her.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by dinachi(m): 11:00pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

You mentioned that you married in the Church: brother you know that except adultery and I will say abuse, you can't divorce your wife.

You have tried counseling, reporting her to family etc. etc. and it has not worked.

Now, I want you to try changing your reaction to her attitude. You have been married long enough to 'predict' her actions/inactions.

She forgot your birthday, fine. Celebrate yourself. Go out with the kids, go out with your friends etc.

I know it is hard, it is abnormal even however you need to build a shield in your heart so that her attitude doesn't get to you anymore.

Don't beg or cajole her to 'change' or 'be better' or whatever: you are telling her that she has power over you.

Thank God finances are not a thing: treat your self, go on vacations, do the certifications or courses you wanted to. Channel your emotions into the things you have always wanted to do, pick up new hobbies, go to gym and workout youf frustrations etc.

And prayers work: if not for her to change, for you to be whole mentally and emotionally.

It is well.
no!no!no!! it is not well. Op if you dont divorce that woman, you will die early and she will rejoice over your demise!
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Oselu28(f): 11:02pm On May 05, 2020
MisterGrace:

She has always been like that from the onset. But a crafty pastor lured him into the pit of hell.

Stop shying away from that part.

The wife isn't tired of no apology.

Una no dey even consider his mental health and well-being.

Apart from typing RIP, what will you lots do when he finally dies of emotional trauma?

in my first comment,I told him to leave d house for a month or more,without notifying his wife or leaving money for upkeep

in those months am sure d man will find himself. he already made a wrong decision by thinking she will change,I'm sure he had plans on how to endure her character aside thinking she will change.

Don't worry he won't die,if he's talking and asking for help then he wants to be saved
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by chioma2020(f): 11:04pm On May 05, 2020
I understand your predicament,,,,� why not see a marriage counselor before thinking of divorce
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Omengboji: 11:07pm On May 05, 2020
I weep for every man whose wife don't find it easy to apologize. A good woman renders apology when she finds out she is at fault but the best woman ever goes ahead to tender apologies even when she is not at fault for the sake of her person, peace and to keep her marriage. She attach so much importance to her marriage and is ready to do anything to keep it. She knows the rules from the book of origin ie the Bible. Now my brother, don't put the blame on anybody rather go to God in prayers. Make it your prayer point. Secondly, dialogue with her weekly and praise her for days she has done better and wish her to do more and get a gift. Surprise her with a gift each week without trouble and let her know the reason for the gift. In all, there is no perfect marriage anywhere except for those like you who want theirs to work. Its not a time or reason to cheat rather time to go to your creator in prayers. Use the little best time your have and advice her not during quarrel. I know her type might be the inpatient type in listening to advice. Always invite your best friends that comes with their families to your house and go to theirs when u think there is lockdown in her system. By so doing, you have succeeded in keeping her mouth busy in a positive way that may last for at least days with fresh breath. We all need to understand "this thing called marriage". A lot of imperfections. When men are going through such, its normal but when its the other way round ....but that is in the eyes of who never see. Some men are in hail and still cannot talk to anyone. May God hear your cry bro.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by thinkmoney(m): 11:10pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

It is well.
U try, but ur advice is rubbish. Sorry to say sha. I have seen from my study of the Bible that adultery is not the only ground for divorce. You can also divorce if their is threat to ur life and health.
If he avoids her and tries to make himself happy, who is he going to be making love to? Or you don't know sex is, if not more, as important as any other thing in marriage?
Your wife has serious issue that I suspect is MENTAL. I only hope we can hear her side too. But if what you have said is 90% true, u need to consider moving on.
Lastly, tell her(not threaten her) where u think the whole ish might lead to. Read the Bible more and pray.
You might also initiate the idea of the both of you going for counselling where u will be free to vent everything out like u have here.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by ramatintin(m): 11:18pm On May 05, 2020
andyanders:
some of you just come here to spew nonsense.how can a wife forget her husband birthday.the height of insensitivity and thoughtlessness.

You nailed it here. Op too has got an attitude problem himself. Why complain about Birthday issue and when she got one and presented to him, he never appreciated it 'cus she didn't get it done when he wanted it.

Op, u knew her character b4 getting married. Try live with it since u don't fight each other. No 2 perfect people on the face of this earth.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by drakeskull(m): 11:19pm On May 05, 2020
Your wife is certainly the one from Ekiti. They are like that, full of anger and wrath.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by MorataFC: 11:25pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

It is well.
Jesus Christ

God will bless you beyond your certificate
Hmmm, I learnt a lot from your comment.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Kachi2018(m): 11:30pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

Please no ethnic banters. One of us is from Ekiti, and the other is from Benue. I am married for 8 years with 2 kids. It has been one problem to another.

I must be very frank, before marriage, my wife had many very questionable characters, but unfortunately we did the marriage counseling in a church were the pastor happened to be her family member. Many of the issues would have been resolved, but when I raised those issues about her character the pastor promised me that everything will be fine after the marriage.
Although this is not an excuse, but looking back now I would have been more patient and taken my decision myself instead of rushing into the marriage. For this I HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE

There is hardly nothing we do not quarrel about, I have always been the one to initiate settlement. The only way I ensure that there is peace in the house is for me not to complain about anything. Even at that, there is always trouble. If the children do anything wrong, she always says those characters the children are exhibiting are not from her and that she is not surprised that they inherited such characters from me.

She can go for months without talking to me, even if I tried to, I have done all I could do, I have begged, cried prayed. I just feel tired and exhausted from trying to make the marriage work or have peace in the home, the sad part is that she often reminds me every time there is misunderstanding that I should remember that she can stay on her own without talking to any body. Just to add, she is very prayerful.

OTHER INFORMATION.
1. I can say conveniently that there is no money problem at home. Finance is okay.
2. I went to see her father 2 years ago, the man said unfortunately he can not do anything. This is true because she was raised away from her Father, she has no contact with any of her fathers family and her father has a zero say in her life.
3. she has 5 elders ones, non of them is in communication with her because of many unresolved issues. Of her 3 younger ones she only maintains a relationship with the last boy who is just 14 years. .
4. Her mum can not talk to her because she simply dares not. However, behind, her mother use to beg me and she kept saying she understands her daughter's character and that she is doing her best by praying and doing deliverance for her.
5. She is not in contact with her maternal uncles and aunt because she said they supported her elder ones when she had problem with them.

Every year for 5 straight years, she always forgets my birthday, last year, she forgot also, three days later, she bought me a present and I refused to collect the present and I asked her why does she keep forgetting my birthday, year after year for 5 years. She just said sorry, but I left the present in the room, she never bothered to bring the present to me. Another birthday was gone yesterday 2nd May, and as I write, no happy birthday yet.

I will end this by saying that in fairness to her, her character was not too different before the marriage and courtship, sincerely only once, that was like one year before the marriage I broke up with her, she came to apologize and promised that she will change. Her mother also came to apologize to me also.

This woman has refused to change or allow peace to hold sway, she is right every time, while everybody around is wrong. Sincerely, I do not know what to do anymore.

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.

I really appreciate your honesty and maturity for taking up the responsibility of the choices you made in the past experiences rather than playing blame game..

I believe that these problems can still be resolved but both parties must come together and work it out... And this is where it seems impossible/difficult to accomplish but with God, it have
always been a different case..

Here are attributes, that you need to know about God though you might be aware of it but let it still serve as a reminder... These will be the standpoint of my counsel to you...

*He is the God of all flesh and nothing is too difficult for Him..*
_This your marriage no big pass God not even the convid-19 that is trending.._
_There is nothing impossible with God..._

*His standards can never be uttered despite Men's ideologies and opinions ie He absolutely HATE DIVORCE and will not lay it as a solution for you to embark on. many have treaded and wish to make a u-turn...*
_Please never rely on your own wisdom or men's opinions rather seek to know what God is saying about this issue..._
*Based on God's standards, Man has no legal right to change/transform his/her fellow man to his desired form/wish.. it is only God's reserve right to do so cos He owns and created man.. No wonder you run high of b.p trying to do a task that was not assign to you..*
_it is only God that can change any man.._
_In other not for you to have additional increase in b.p, carry your wife matter submit to God and let Him do what only God can do... Don't also forget to submit yourself too join..._ _No be only your wife get problem, your own matter fit worst past just say we never hear from the other side of the story..._

If you persist on following your natural instinct of divorcing your wife wch many have boldly suggested.. cos that is the only easy way out..

Be patient with her during this lockdown, find a convenient place outside home, go for 2-3days retreat and seek the face of God towards your martial life.. you can't tell me that you are successful in life when you marriage is burning..
Download these movies and take it along with you...
FIREPROOF
WAR ROOM
I believe that as you open your heart for God to help you.. he will guide you on the right path..

I earnestly hope that you will make the right choices in other that the events happening now will not repeat it self... you really need God to help you on this matter..
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by paparazi1(m): 11:40pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Oga no one changes an adult and she will never change, except she became thoroughly born again. You would have stopped the relationship during courtship if you know there were character traits you wont tolerate. Marriage is not an experienced so you can"t go either, always pray for grace and also for her bec you saw her and accepted. Divorce is never an option bro.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Kachi2018(m): 11:44pm On May 05, 2020
MisterGrace:

You are very wicked.
An extreme wicked person for suggesting this.

What nonsense!

Op, divorce. This is the word of Grace. Divorce.

If she is really wicked to err her view in this matter wch I see nothing wrong about..

Now Divorcing one the basis of the Word of Grace...
Will now be describe as what.....
I will leave that to you to answer in
and honestly..
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Carizworld22: 11:45pm On May 05, 2020
Separation is the best solution
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Omoboy(m): 11:47pm On May 05, 2020
Thank your stars my brother move on she is not for you thank God you are not married to her

Auto2050:
I'm currently facing just exactly same attitude from my girlfriend, thank God we ain't married yet. And I have since a week now ignored her and she never deemed it necessary to call me..

Bros! Please we deserve to be happy. The best is to let go.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by maimota(f): 11:49pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Instead of divorce, try separation first, stay away from her for a short period of time, stay away from her for like 6 months to a year, I'm sure she'll change or come begging if she release that you can survive without her, except if she's no longer interested in the marriage. Kindly ensure that you send her monthly upkeep while you are away especially for the sake of your kids please....
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by GreatResearcher1: 11:54pm On May 05, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
uncle!!

Divorce her asap. She cannot change. Your happiness is important. She also doesn't love you.

But I like to hear her side of the story.

Martinez39 Greatresearcher1 Kennedyiheme02 and co.

This is one of the few cases I support the man, he is the only one in his marriage. He cannot be trying alone
U earn my respect
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Emitex4u(m): 12:01am On May 06, 2020
Lets not be judgemental here because we have not heard from the other party but if true no need for divorce because of the children i prefer separation for a while if possible relocate with your children let her look for you people by that time she will come back to her sense and plead
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Emitex4u(m): 12:03am On May 06, 2020
sad
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by periphetes: 12:07am On May 06, 2020
Op, you got a pure Narcissist for a wife. It is a personality disorder and there's hardly anything physically you can do about such people to change. Unless, on a spiritual level with constant prayers could work and change themselves.

Such people emotionally drain you and make you feel your nothing. Guilt tripping is part of there game, you need to curb feeding her ego and stop showing you can't live without her.

Accepted you goofed at the beginning ignoring obvious signs due to love.
I won't encourage divorce because of your children wellbeing. But then, give her enough space. I mean leave the house for her, you need to gather your sanity and emotional balance with time.

Sorry, but this is your chosen cross to bear for now. Never relent prayers still perform wonders.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by johnisaola(m): 12:07am On May 06, 2020
oga no need to tell you to divorce her, if what you said is true, your union no mean anything but waist of time
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 12:13am On May 06, 2020
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Shugargal(f): 12:19am On May 06, 2020
noakchukibadan:
. Well, thanks for the advice, maybe I forgot to say that she places huge importance on birthdays, for her I must throw a party, every year for 7 years, and she can not even remember mine. Just to say happy birthday ?
OGA sorry oo, so there are still some cool headed men.. anyways please I wanna ask, what zodiac sign is your Wify? is she a cancerian?
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 12:31am On May 06, 2020
i am sure her parents forced her to marry you.this is what u get when a woman is getting married to a man is not atteacted to.its her way of rebelling.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by DateMynd44(m): 12:31am On May 06, 2020
faithfull18:

You never fail to disappoint, just like I expected.

My answer is still NO though tongue
hmm you're a typical Igbo girl that don't joke with her business.
Do u retail 500mb data?
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by DateMynd44(m): 12:33am On May 06, 2020
lefulefu:
i am sure her parents forced her to marry you.this is what u get when a woman is getting married to a man is not atteacted to.its her way of rebelling.
sleep don really hold this one smiley
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by ShldnCooper(m): 12:34am On May 06, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

So I am stuck with no one to help call the both of us and resolve the issue. .......

No need to divorce her, that's tantamount to throwing away the baby with the bath water. Just marry another, better wife. That way you balance the equation.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 12:38am On May 06, 2020
[quote author=.

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.[/quote]hmm high blood pressure u say? shocked its better u both go ur seperate ways for ur own health.u can both opt for divorce.since she is not happy in the marriage and the thing is affecting ur health having a divorce will be justified
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Obepatrick: 12:47am On May 06, 2020
This is what happened when you married someone you wanted, you didn't need her but you end up marrying based on your emotions, I keep telling people to stay away from toxic partners, there is no reason to settle with one, if you don't behave like human then you don't deserve to get married to human being, well the deed has been done, my best advice is that you need a female friend but always play safe, this would help you to love her less,for the sake of your kids do not divorce the effect on children is worse, don't get in second wife please but start fucking outside, you will automatically love her less and this will reset her brain, don't even care about her anymore, love your kids more than her bittered soul, like seriously some women are best in taking true love for granted so you need same attitude to reward her, just do everything to stop appreciating her, and never you take her serious again...she will start noticing when you stop begging her for sex.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

Guy Shares Pics With Cousin & People Are Reacting With The Way He Is Holding Her / I Saw This On My Wife's Phone.....should I Be Worried? / My Encounter With A Married Man Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.