Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods (1137 Views)

The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible / 10 Fallacies Theist and deist Use To Defend The Existence Of God/gods / Demystifying The Confusion - God, Gods God And Creator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by LordReed(m): 8:50am On May 21, 2020
butterfly777:

Yes.

Can you explain how you went from natural to supernatural since all we have observed is natural causes for natural processes.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by hakeem4(m): 8:53am On May 21, 2020
butterfly777:

Does God exist?

I used to believe that God does not exist, until one day. That day, I read an article which opened my eyes.

That article was about the design in nature. It explains that behind the simless ways our body function and the organs interact with each other, there is an entity that programmed the operation.

Let's look at the digestive system alone. When. You want to eat, the mouth is designed to salivate. Something triggers the body to secret the hormones or enzymes necessary for digestion. Then you start putting the food in your mouth. The mouth is designed by that person to function like a grinding machine, with different types if teeth and your saliva functioning as liquid to mix the food.

Right there in the mouth, some enzymes will also be secreted to aid the breaking down of the food in your body. From the mouth, the entity that designed it has made a conduit - the lungs- to carry the food from the mouth to the intestines. Some food will go through the small intestine, some, will go to the large intestine. Yet, the food does not miss road. They engineering made by someone in our body to takes care of that.

Lest I forget, remember that there are two passages from the mouth area to the internal organs, yet the food knows which passage is its own. It doesn't take the passage meant for oxygen.

The food goes down through our intestines, and the maker has kept some enzymes inside there to further digest that food. After doing that, the engineer who made the body has made some sieves or organs like foam in the body to absorb the nutrients the body will use, and sieve away unwanted food substances.

The way the body absorbs and converts nutrients from food into useful forms is another highly technical process, that cannot happen by accident. Someone or something arranged it to function seamlessly.

Then, the body transports the rejected food waste through some organs ( I'm not a scientist, so don't mind my layman explanation) that will lead it to the anus.

At this stage, the person's brain is made by the maker to make the person feel tht he wants to pass out on the food waste - faeces. The person looks for a nearby restroom and pours out the food materials rejected by the body.

Hence, the body has successfully taken the energy it needs to stay alive from food, and has removed the rest from the body, so that it doesn't cause problem inside the body.

This is just one of the many highly complex arrangements somebody put in our body for it to work well. You may choose to call that somebody creator, or any name you like. But it is clear that someone somewhere made this human body and arranged how it will work.
this literally the most fallacious defence line I have ever seen this year. So because you don't agree that these processes can come by natural law, you then attributed it to god? Well I know where your type of argument and it is due to your incredulity. But I hope one day you would understand that god is not needed in any aspect of our lives
Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by butterfly777(m): 8:57am On May 21, 2020
LordReed:

Can you explain how you went from natural to supernatural since all we have observed is natural causes for natural processes.

For any device or machine to work effeciently, somebody would have taken time to build and program it.

The human body works like a super machine. Though we know about reproduction, which is another function in the human body that has highly intelligent program behind it's operation, we know that the first human beings couldn't have created themselves.

Somebody made them, and put in then how to produce, and reproduce there kind. That is a pointer to me that there is a creator.

And the creator is not human. It is superhuman. A spirit being.
Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by Dantedasz(m): 9:14am On May 21, 2020
hakeem4:
this literally the most fallacious defence line I have ever seen this year. So because you don't agree that these processes can come by natural law, you then attributed it to god? Well I know where your type of argument and it is due to your incredulity. But I hope one day you would understand that god is not needed in any aspect of our lives

It's like you don't know who you are discussing with.
No one on these boards puts up more fallacious arguments than butterflylion/butterflyleo. undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by LordReed(m): 9:53am On May 21, 2020
butterfly777:

For any device or machine to work effeciently, somebody would have taken time to build and program it.

The human body works like a super machine. Though we know about reproduction, which is another function in the human body that has highly intelligent program behind it's operation, we know that the first human beings couldn't have created themselves.

Somebody made them, and put in then how to produce, and reproduce there kind. That is a pointer to me that there is a creator.

Lemme rephrase my question because you didn't answer it. How do you know that what created these natural processes is a supernatural being? We do not see supernatural beings doing anything so how did you know that this creator you posit is a supernatural being? How did you know the creator is not also a natural being or process itself?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by kingxsamz(m): 11:18am On May 21, 2020
onlyinJESUS:

True.
But we have noticed that atheists tend to look for some Creator whenever they are facing problems

You have noticed? grin grin grin
How many atheists do you know, apart from the ones on this forum?
And how many have told you they look for a creator to solve their problems?
Funny guy. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by kingxsamz(m): 11:22am On May 21, 2020
butterfly777:

You're delusional if you think that same ideology doesn't apply to the creator.
The creator too must have a creator also because the creator couldn't have created itself...
Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by kingxsamz(m): 11:32am On May 21, 2020
onlyinJESUS:

You probably forgot the meaning of 'atheist'. Could it be that you misunderstand it to mean agnostic?

Atheists don't claim that they are clueless as regards the existence of God. They affirm that there is no God ANYWHERE. Now, that's even contrary to logic. You must know all things before you can correctly say that, "this or that doesn't exist".

Lol, you're not bright at all.
What hasn't been proven cannot be disproved.
Same way we can bodly say Godzilla and Unicorns don't exist, because those are mere fictions built in the minds of people and have never been proven to exist.
You're not bright at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by Danhumprey: 11:43am On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:

You're delusional if you think that same ideology doesn't apply to the creator.
The creator too must have a creator also because the creator couldn't have created itself...
Do you mind them? grin

Unless of course they love to hug the fallacy of special pleading in trying to make a case and defend this Creator of theirs that supposedly had no beginning and end.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by Danhumprey: 11:47am On May 21, 2020
butterfly777:

Does God exist?

I used to believe that God does not exist, until one day. That day, I read an article which opened my eyes.

That article was about the design in nature. It explains that behind the simless ways our body function and the organs interact with each other, there is an entity that programmed the operation.

Let's look at the digestive system alone. When. You want to eat, the mouth is designed to salivate. Something triggers the body to secret the hormones or enzymes necessary for digestion. Then you start putting the food in your mouth. The mouth is designed by that person to function like a grinding machine, with different types if teeth and your saliva functioning as liquid to mix the food.

Right there in the mouth, some enzymes will also be secreted to aid the breaking down of the food in your body. From the mouth, the entity that designed it has made a conduit - the lungs- to carry the food from the mouth to the intestines. Some food will go through the small intestine, some, will go to the large intestine. Yet, the food does not miss road. They engineering made by someone in our body to takes care of that.

Lest I forget, remember that there are two passages from the mouth area to the internal organs, yet the food knows which passage is its own. It doesn't take the passage meant for oxygen.

The food goes down through our intestines, and the maker has kept some enzymes inside there to further digest that food. After doing that, the engineer who made the body has made some sieves or organs like foam in the body to absorb the nutrients the body will use, and sieve away unwanted food substances.

The way the body absorbs and converts nutrients from food into useful forms is another highly technical process, that cannot happen by accident. Someone or something arranged it to function seamlessly.

Then, the body transports the rejected food waste through some organs ( I'm not a scientist, so don't mind my layman explanation) that will lead it to the anus.

At this stage, the person's brain is made by the maker to make the person feel tht he wants to pass out on the food waste - faeces. The person looks for a nearby restroom and pours out the food materials rejected by the body.

Hence, the body has successfully taken the energy it needs to stay alive from food, and has removed the rest from the body, so that it doesn't cause problem inside the body.

This is just one of the many highly complex arrangements somebody put in our body for it to work well. You may choose to call that somebody creator, or any name you like. But it is clear that someone somewhere made this human body and arranged how it will work.
Looooooool.... grin grin grin

The all too familiar "argument from design" and "God of the gap" fallacy.

Same argument from design that has been defeated and refuted time and again with reliable evidences?

Come on now! You God believers should do better. cry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by kingxsamz(m): 11:58am On May 21, 2020
Danhumprey:
Do you mind them? grin

Unless of course they love to hug the fallacy of special pleading in trying to make a case and defend this Creator of theirs that supposedly had no beginning and end.

Bro the thing tire me. grin
How can someone use a logical explanation to defend an illogical claim?
If the universe has a creator, then the creator must also have a creator.
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by LordReed(m): 12:03pm On May 21, 2020
Danhumprey:
Looooooool.... grin grin grin

The all too familiar "argument from design" and "God of the gap" fallacy.

Same argument from design that has been defeated and refuted time and again with reliable evidences?

Come on now! You God believers should do better. cry

They really should. Thousands of years has gone by and this their living god has not given them sufficient proof to convince everyone. You have to wonder if the god is sleeping or dead.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by Danhumprey: 12:04pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:

Bro the thing tire me. grin
How can someone use a logical explanation to defend an illogical claim?
If the universe has a creator, then the creator must also have a creator. grin

And so on and so forth.... A creator, who has a creator, who has a creator, who has a creator......

Unless..

Special pleading.

These guys are not just bright. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by kingxsamz(m): 12:08pm On May 21, 2020
Danhumprey:

And so on and so forth.... A creator, who has a creator, who has a creator, who has a creator......

Unless..

Special pleading.

These guys are not just bright. cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by Kobojunkie: 12:51pm On May 21, 2020

you mind them? grin

grin
Since matter as we know it cannot be created or destroyed, it stands to reason that ...
Try to think outside of Time.
Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by butterfly777(m): 1:18pm On May 21, 2020
Dantedasz:

It's like you don't know who you are discussing with.
No one on these boards puts up more fallacious arguments than butterflylion/butterflyleo. undecided

I don't know those people you mentioned.
Re: Why Do Believers Use Emotional Appeal To Defend Their God/gods by Dantedasz(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2020
butterfly777:

I don't know those people you mentioned.

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Face Mask Or Social Distancing In Shiloh / Muslims Vs Christians / Why Do We Die At An Early Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.