Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

How To Stop Liking Someone You Know You Can Never Have - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Stop Liking Someone You Know You Can Never Have (581 Views)

My Aunt In Nigeria Stopped Liking My Photos / Do You Have Family & Friends That Just Stop Liking Your Photos On Facebook? / I'm Crushing Or Liking My Reverend, What Can I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Liking Someone You Know You Can Never Have by tkgz(m): 9:19pm On May 03, 2020
Understanding how to stop liking someone you can’t have may be really, really hard to deal with in life, but there are ways to push through the pain.

We’ve all had that special someone in our lives that we were unable to have. Whether fifteen or fifty when you fell in love with them, you know the pain of being denied their love. Learning how to stop liking someone you can’t have isn’t easy, but it can be done.

It is painful to endure for any number of reasons. You ache to be with them, but they don’t love you back. They don’t even know you exist, they love someone else, or another reason that no amount of wishing and hoping remedies.

I have experienced this reality. I tried so hard for so long to get this guy to notice me that way, and after a while, I just had to give up. Although this hurt immensely, I just couldn’t go on anymore trying to “win” the person that I was in love with.

How to stop liking someone who doesn’t like me?

I went through several hardships before fully getting over this person. He was unavailable in ways I just couldn’t work around. He either had a girlfriend, lived far away for school, didn’t think of me that way, or had another reason that prevented us from ever getting together. Unfortunately, I wish I had known a few things sooner. As they say, you live and learn!

It took time, but with all of the realizations I’ve listed below, I was able to move on and be happy on my own. And you can, too!

#1 Realize they’re unavailable. If you like somebody already in a different relationship, you need to LEAVE THEM ALONE. I cannot stress this enough. It’s probably the easiest way to deal with loving them.

Even though it may hurt that they’re with someone else, if they’re happily in a relationship, then it will be a lot easier for you to steer clear. You do NOT want to be known as the person who broke up a happy couple.

If you really love the person and they’re taken, just be happy for them. If they’re happy with their life and relationship, then want what’s best for them.

#2 Realize you may not be a good match anyway. Okay, so you like this person, right? But you might not be the best fit for each other. Think long and hard about who they are as a person, what their life goals are, and if you see yourself actually matching them.

There’s more to being with someone you love than having intense feelings for them. Realizing that the two of you maybe wouldn’t make the best pair helps you deal with the fact that you can’t be together.

#3 Date other people. Nothing keeps your mind off someone you care deeply about more than seeing other people! You never know who you’ll find if you put yourself out there. Biding your time, in the hopes that this person wants to be with you too, is a great way to miss a better opportunity.

Read More: https://examprestige.com/how-to-stop-liking-someone

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Liking Someone You Know You Can Never Have by Ezennwa(m): 9:52pm On May 03, 2020
hmm!

Love is Blind.

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Husbands Cheat On Wives / .. / Which Nationality Brought This Twerking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.