Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free (69479 Views)

82-Year-Old Zambian Paralyzed, Took Manhood Enlargement Drug To Satisfy Wife, 35 / Any Diet Or Drug To Become Fat And Add Weight? / Please Help. What's The Best Drug To Cure Gonorrhea And The Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by geosegun(m): 10:43am On May 04, 2020
ibksiv:
What about the drug from Madagascar?
I prefer the local herbs from Madagascar. This is what Nigeria should be doing... Even, as i heard, there are herbs that dry out cancerous growth. Nigeria should learn to start believing in their local medicine.

1 Like

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by LiveScience: 10:44am On May 04, 2020
knowhowk:
[s]There is no fresident in Africa .African Mentality ,slave of the white .People like you will never believe anything good would come from Africa ,if it's Trump that says Petrol cures Covid 19 ,You will believe it .Inferiority complex dey worry you.[/s]
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by israelmao(m): 10:45am On May 04, 2020
Which one Nigeria has produced,the consumer nation?
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by my2chains(m): 10:46am On May 04, 2020
I pray it works effectively
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Ajixegun: 10:46am On May 04, 2020
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Beverlyjean(f): 10:46am On May 04, 2020
Coborona:

I disagree, Drugs will make the world go back to normal provided it can cure the virus

People are living with other deadly viruses like HIV, Hepatitis.... And the world was normal

There is no vaccine for malaria and co

If there is a drug that can cure this virus, it's a welcome development, death rate will reduce, no more lockdown, free movement, people going to work places, sports is back....

Then whenever or if ever the vaccine is produced, the world still goes on.
For now almost everyone globally is on hold.

U are wrong and misleading...how can u compare this with HIV and malaria?? Do u contract those sickness by going out , to the airport, or club or bank or bar ... Corona is very deadly cos u can contract it easily compared to those other diseases u mentioned

1 Like

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by ModestGal(f): 10:46am On May 04, 2020
Coborona:

Lol, grin grin grin grin

It will be back
I'm constantly praying at night for this. You think I'm joking abi? Start practising watching community boys playing football now
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by farem: 10:47am On May 04, 2020
Coborona:
Seems everyone is now developing a drug
The main question is; how effective are these drugs in the management of covid-19?
Because Covid-19 is still killing people in large numbers

How many people, in large number, have access to those drugs? It's the drug that is used that you can talk of it effectiveness or otherwise.
Our isolation centres are mainly to prevent further spread (which is a big deal) and nothing really is going on there.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by GamalNasser: 10:48am On May 04, 2020
jagaban002:
Drug can’t make the world go back to normal only vaccine because they thing has to to network , everywhere you go . You use drug and cure it doesn’t guarantee u can’t have it again and spreed it so I pray there’s a vaccine soon

If you use drug and cure are you not supposed to develop antibodies to prevent another attack , is it not the same antibodies your vaccines seek to instigate ? Stop towing this useless vaccine path please , there are too many drugs curing COVID already and with a survival rate of 98 percent even without treatment we don't need any sinister vaccine , we will all have the antibodies in 3 years
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Nobody: 10:49am On May 04, 2020
Coborona:
The main question is; how effective are these drugs in the management of covid-19?

That is the point. If you had read carefully there is a place they inserted and I quote The drug is seen as a potential treatment for people infected with the coronavirus.

So what they want to ship is trial drug Lolz
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Buzx: 10:49am On May 04, 2020
Beverlyjean:

U are wrong and misleading...how can u compare this with HIV and malaria?? Do u contract those sickness by going out , to the airport, or club or bank or bar ... Corona is very deadly cos u can contract it easily compared to those other diseases u mentioned

At least you have to go out to get Covid-19. You can get malaria just by staying indoors in your room.

A drug for Covid-19 is always welcome.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by edoboy74(m): 10:50am On May 04, 2020
jagaban002:
Drug can’t make the world go back to normal only vaccine because they thing has to to network , everywhere you go . You use drug and cure it doesn’t guarantee u can’t have it again and spreed it so I pray there’s a vaccine soon

You are so ungrateful I swear... what have you done amid this pandemic, what have your country done?
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Buzx: 10:53am On May 04, 2020
GamalNasser:

If you use drug and cure are you not supposed to develop antibodies to prevent another attack , is it not the same antibodies your vaccines seek to instigate ? Stop towing this useless vaccine path please , there are too many drugs curing COVID already and with a survival rate of 98 percent even without treatment we don't need any sinister vaccine , we will all have the antibodies in 3 years

Drugs does not create immunity, vaccines does.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Gee64: 10:54am On May 04, 2020
A welcome development.

Things would soon come to normal.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Joshuazedd(m): 10:54am On May 04, 2020
Coborona:

I disagree, Drugs will make the world go back to normal provided it can cure the virus

People are living with other deadly viruses like HIV, Hepatitis.... And the world was normal

There is no vaccine for malaria and co

If there is a drug that can cure this virus, it's a welcome development, death rate will reduce, no more lockdown, free movement, people going to work places, sports is back....

Then whenever or if ever the vaccine is produced, the world still goes on.
For now almost everyone globally is on hold.

tbh you're not making any sense. Even Ebola doesn't have the rate of spread COVID19 has.
you don't get Malaria or hepatitis by sitting next to an infected person. You don't isolate people with Malaria and hepatitis. You don't go for contact tracing. There is a massive difference rate of spread. Many countries who have combated this virus did so with lockdown. How frequent are countries going to go on lockdown to combat this virus when it spreads? Okay let's check it from this angle, you have one patient with the virus and you also have a cure. That patient will have probably infected family members and friends. When giving them drugs, of course you know drugs don't cure anybody because you've taken them once. While they take their drugs of course which they will be fine, they go about their normal duty spreading the virus before they eventually recover? we're in lockdown and it's still spreading, comon man. The best way to handle it is prevention. vaccines

1 Like

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Buzx: 10:55am On May 04, 2020
GamalNasser:

Drugs does not create immunity, vaccines does.

It sounds like you're against vaccines. Didn't you take polio vaccine when you were young?
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Daddysidhan: 10:56am On May 04, 2020
You won't see the Chinese drugs now, after every other countries have researched and produced the cure for the virus that is when the useless china will take sample from other countries suffering and sweat to make its own version. FAKERS

1 Like

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by honourjohn: 10:56am On May 04, 2020
Even the one that was last tested a couple of weeks ago in UK, where was it?����
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Buzx: 10:57am On May 04, 2020
Daddysidhan:
You won't see the Chinese drugs now, after every other countries have researched and produced the cure for the virus that is when the useless china will take sample from other countries suffering and sweat to make its own version. FAKERS

Google Ad5-nCoV and stop writing trash.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by InvertedHammer: 11:02am On May 04, 2020
jagaban002:
/
You do understand that viral vaccines are annual events. You may be required to get it once every year.
Even flu vaccines are administered annually for those interested. No disease (not even common cough , cold and catarrh ) could be fully eradicated. It will just be managed. People get flu vaccine and end up getting flu after. So vaccination is not a guarantee. Scientists will tell you that a stronger strain has shown up. Go figure! But some of you sound as if getting the vaccine means life is well and dandy.

\
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by honourjohn: 11:03am On May 04, 2020
The one being tested weeks ago in uk, where was it? shocked
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Chuknovski(m): 11:05am On May 04, 2020
Coborona:

little by little am sure the virus will become historical, just like normal malaria
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by ideology(m): 11:08am On May 04, 2020
Houseofglam7:
A good move cool

I have vaccine for you ooo it's free

1 Like

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by temptnow: 11:08am On May 04, 2020
ibksiv:
What about the drug from Madagascar?

That one na Agbo

1 Like

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Kimply: 11:09am On May 04, 2020
Is Nigeria part of the 43 countries?
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Daddysidhan: 11:09am On May 04, 2020
Buzx:

Google Ad5-nCoV and stop writing trash.
I should Google the Google that was made in china abi, where is the drug that the Chinese has been using to cure the Wuhan virus oloriburuku somebody
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Ogaonos: 11:12am On May 04, 2020
Golan007:

It may have potential. It may even be the cure but there are protocols for declaring it as one.

Publication of its use in a test environment, independent verification and reliable statistical data before it could be trusted.

What if it cured Covid-19 but caused kidney problems?

What if it was a mere gimmick?
what make u think Japan haven't done all dt.america is important to d world but they have superior mentality which normal to being the head of d world.nd most countries who tried to be superpower in history have DT mentality.but what I don't like is USA likes to overshadow other countries effort in d covid19 vaccine thru their media.secretly they be partner with EU Israel Asia but publicly they be bragging about they have d best medical facilities in d world.is quite annoy.come be like most European Nd Asia Nd Israel are dull Nd waiting for USA vaccine. now I undastand why us govt don't too like Germany.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by guru90: 11:16am On May 04, 2020
Question:

Is this drug ok for Japanese healthy?

Are they ok using this drugs on Coronavirus patient?
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by infogeneral: 11:19am On May 04, 2020
But Japan still have more that 10,000 active cases of coronavirus, why didn't they use the drug to cure them?
Just doubting the effectiveness of the drug.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Buzx: 11:20am On May 04, 2020
Daddysidhan:
I should Google the Google that was made in china abi, where is the drug that the Chinese has been using to cure the Wuhan virus oloriburuku somebody

I was replying your initial statement that China isn't in the process of developing any treatment. Different treatments are being developed in China. CanSino Biologics's vaccine which is been developed in China is in it's second phase of clinical trial for COVID-19. Get knowledge, my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? / Raymond Dokpesi Snr And 7 Family Members Test Positive For Coronavirus / Nigerian Lady Vomits Maggots From Her Stomach, Thanks God For Healing (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.