Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free (69491 Views)

82-Year-Old Zambian Paralyzed, Took Manhood Enlargement Drug To Satisfy Wife, 35 / Any Diet Or Drug To Become Fat And Add Weight? / Please Help. What's The Best Drug To Cure Gonorrhea And The Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by ArisingStorm: 11:32am On May 04, 2020
Nukilia:
The Japanese must have carried out 21 days DRY FAST with CRUSADE in order to come up with this drug sad
Lool, Japan is supposed to Host Olympic this year, Corona must have shattered their dreams, It has been postponed to next year tho
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Mizwisdom(f): 11:35am On May 04, 2020
jagaban002:
Drug can’t make the world go back to normal only vaccine because they thing has to to network , everywhere you go . You use drug and cure it doesn’t guarantee u can’t have it again and spreed it so I pray there’s a vaccine soon

Is there any vaccine against malaria? which state is mosquito free in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by davien(m): 11:36am On May 04, 2020
It's from this nairaland I've known that because one went to school doesn't mean he'd know the basics of biology.

This drug is not a cure, it's being given out to further test it's efficacy in managing the viral load till you can summon the right immune response to attack it properly(some people would still die on this drug no doubt because everyone's body will react differently)

What we need is a vaccine to give everyone the right immune response to counter infection and reinfection - that's it.

2 Likes

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by romenna: 11:38am On May 04, 2020
With thousands of professors scattered around our universities, we can't develop a simple drug even if it will not work.
Naija no be am at all.

2 Likes

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Alaganature(m): 11:39am On May 04, 2020
ibksiv:
What about the drug from Madagascar?
Abeg help me ask them again..

1 Like

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by fireback: 11:41am On May 04, 2020
FryMosquito:
You're trying to say we should be in lockdown till vaccine is found, note it takes close to two years before a vaccine is fully developed.. Nawa for you ooh
that's why I suspected bill gate. gate claimed to already have the vaccine particularly for coronavirus before the pandemic started.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by vRendoh(m): 11:46am On May 04, 2020

stainchris:
With this development you will know which country is truly innovative and creative.Atleast they have presented something tangible to help humanity survive this virus.
Which one we dey produce self, even if na agbo.....
Kudos to Japan and every other nations of the world that has done something to tackle this virus, Una do well.

We no fit do anything. The one village person do dem call am native doctor take mouth scatter am. The same idiots dem dey buy Chinese herbal medicines! Yeye fowl yansh una be!

1 Like

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by suco01(m): 11:50am On May 04, 2020
prince985:
Still wondering why no one is talking of Madagascar's cure

same here too
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:50am On May 04, 2020
stainchris:
With this development you will know which country is truly innovative and creative.Atleast they have presented something tangible to help humanity survive this virus.
Kudos to Japan and every other nations of the world that has done something to tackle this virus, Una do well.

Do we support our local researchers. I believe lots of our local tradomedical practitioners have effective remedies but our government officials and so called big men are never willing to support. They are only looking for entertainers to throw money on.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Coborona: 11:52am On May 04, 2020
Joshuazedd:

tbh you're not making any sense. Even Ebola doesn't have the rate of spread COVID19 has.
you don't get Malaria or hepatitis by sitting next to an infected person. You don't isolate people with Malaria and hepatitis. You don't go for contact tracing. There is a massive difference rate of spread. Many countries who have combated this virus did so with lockdown. How frequent are countries going to go on lockdown to combat this virus when it spreads? Okay let's check it from this angle, you have one patient with the virus and you also have a cure. That patient will have probably infected family members and friends. When giving them drugs, of course you know drugs don't cure anybody because you've taken them once. While they take their drugs of course which they will be fine, they go about their normal duty spreading the virus before they eventually recover? we're in lockdown and it's still spreading, comon man. The best way to handle it is prevention. vaccines

I'm not disputing that prevention is the best way via vaccination
But you can't produce a vaccine for at least 18 months... That's till next year
Are you now saying the world should be on hold till then

With drugs, there is a temporary management and people still go about their way of life

Even though they can be reinfected... Just like malaria

That's my point...
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Exmilitant(m): 11:53am On May 04, 2020
jagaban002:
Drug can’t make the world go back to normal only vaccine because they thing has to to network , everywhere you go . You use drug and cure it doesn’t guarantee u can’t have it again and spreed it so I pray there’s a vaccine soon
is there a difference between a drug and a vaccine?
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Coborona: 11:55am On May 04, 2020
ModestGal:

I'm constantly praying at night for this. You think I'm joking abi? Start practising watching community boys playing football now

That means you are praying that covid-19 should not end
Cos that's the only thing that can prevent return of sporting activities
It's a billion business empire on it's own
Pays so many people
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by IWTSAAC28: 11:56am On May 04, 2020
Coborona:

I disagree, Drugs will make the world go back to normal provided it can cure the virus

People are living with other deadly viruses like HIV, Hepatitis.... And the world was normal

There is no vaccine for malaria and co

If there is a drug that can cure this virus, it's a welcome development, death rate will reduce, no more lockdown, free movement, people going to work places, sports is back....

Then whenever or if ever the vaccine is produced, the world still goes on.
For now almost everyone globally is on hold.
one thing you should no is corona virus is airborne and spreads faster than malaria
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Coborona: 11:56am On May 04, 2020
Imustsurvive:

I need a small job as side gig abeg

I don't know where you based
And I don't give jobs, I am an employee... Even though i have my own businesses
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Coborona: 11:57am On May 04, 2020
IWTSAAC28:
one thing you should no is corona virus is airborne and spreads faster than malaria

Still has a lower mortality rate than malaria
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by suco01(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2020
princetunex:

Why is there no answer on this? If US was the maker of the drugs I'm sure it would have gone viral because it is from US

Yes oo. I wonder why African states can't come together
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Coborona: 12:01pm On May 04, 2020
Beverlyjean:

U are wrong and misleading...how can u compare this with HIV and malaria?? Do u contract those sickness by going out , to the airport, or club or bank or bar ... Corona is very deadly cos u can contract it easily compared to those other diseases u mentioned

You are not getting the point... Once there is a drug that is effective in it's management..... Then it is something you can treat easily like malaria
You can get infected easily with malaria... Just a mosquito bite
Do you know over 300,000 people die of malaria infections and complications in Nigeria annually?
More mortality rate than corona.. Which has 3-5% mortality albeit higher rate of infectivity... Most people recover without a known drug... Imagine when there is a drug against it
Now you get my point... If you don't have a good day
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Sleekmilan01(m): 12:02pm On May 04, 2020
#000000]Madagascar please[/
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by CharlesSammy: 12:04pm On May 04, 2020
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
prince985:
Cos madagascar is an african country and we dont usually have much health business with our fellow african countries! grin
prince985:
Cos madagascar is an african country and we dont usually have much health business with our fellow african countries!
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by poyet(m): 12:07pm On May 04, 2020
Coborona:
Seems everyone is now developing a drug
The main question is; how effective are these drugs in the management of covid-19?
Because Covid-19 is still killing people in large numbers

Hope it will not be like antibiotics used for treating UTI/STDs that no longer work.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by edoairways: 12:09pm On May 04, 2020
ibksiv:
What about the drug from Madagascar?
It is not effective because it is from Africa

1 Like

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by YemyTemmy: 12:09pm On May 04, 2020
jagaban002:

Bill gates has the vaccine already
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Eldrago(m): 12:11pm On May 04, 2020
to everyone who cares pls i need financial help , any amount is not too small or too big. Solomon Amedu 0802233477 access bank. tanks for ur assistance in anticipation
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by edoairways: 12:12pm On May 04, 2020
Nukilia:
The Japanese must have carried out 21 days DRY FAST with CRUSADE in order to come up with this drug sad
grin grin
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Jostoman: 12:13pm On May 04, 2020
stainchris:
when Morris iwu came out with a drug to tackle this covid-19, did buhari and his government listen to him.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Coborona: 12:15pm On May 04, 2020
IWTSAAC28:

It is not airborne
Stop spreading wrong information
If can spread via droplets
Sneezing, coughing..

If it is airborne, then we are doomed
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by IWTSAAC28: 12:15pm On May 04, 2020
Coborona:

Still has a lower mortality rate than malaria
yes, but people are taking it too lightly
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by spoilerx: 12:17pm On May 04, 2020
jagaban002:

Actually an outright cure is more important.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by GamalNasser: 12:19pm On May 04, 2020
Buzx:

Drugs does not create immunity, vaccines does.

It sounds like you're against vaccines. Didn't you take polio vaccine when you were young?

I never said drug creates immunity , once anyone recover they will have the same antibodies the vaccines seek to trigger , I am not against vaccines but I am against RNA type vaccine this people are pushing for COVID, there is more to it
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by tradepunter: 12:22pm On May 04, 2020
ModestGal:

Out of everything, it is sports I don't want to be back, especially the one that men do watch by going to ball centers and argue on stupid matches.

You must be a witch from hell then

1 Like

Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Buzx: 12:26pm On May 04, 2020
GamalNasser:

I never said drug creates immunity , once anyone recover they will have the same antibodies the vaccines seek to trigger , I am not against vaccines but I am against RNA type vaccine this people are pushing for COVID, there is more to it

I understand what you're saying. Remember, not everyone has strong immune system to survive this.
Re: Avigan: Japan To Supply Coronavirus Drug To 43 Countries For Free by Beverlyjean(f): 12:26pm On May 04, 2020
Coborona:

You are not getting the point... Once there is a drug that is effective in it's management..... Then it is something you can treat easily like malaria
You can get infected easily with malaria... Just a mosquito bite
Do you know over 300,000 people die of malaria infections and complications in Nigeria annually?
More mortality rate than corona.. Which has 3-5% mortality albeit higher rate of infectivity... Most people recover without a known drug... Imagine when there is a drug against it
Now you get my point... If you don't have a good day

If not because this virus is politicized and we are new to it and that most mortality from this virus can't b recorded due to poor and unavailable testing kits compared to malaria... This virus can easily kill over a million yearly in Nigeria is life is as usual as it used to b.. we have malaria drugs but people still die from the disease...it equally should mk u understand that people will still die from this virus even with a curable drug... The high infection rate compared to malaria and the timeframe from day of infection to time of death is within one month or less...but with a vaccine, it will b eradicated completely...u can't get malaria by going to the club or stadium

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? / Nigerian Lady Vomits Maggots From Her Stomach, Thanks God For Healing (Graphic) / Raymond Dokpesi Snr And 7 Family Members Test Positive For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.