Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,830 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded (78213 Views)

An Overcrowded Street Market In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State (Photos) / Ikwerre Chairman Shuts Down UBA For Social Distancing Violation (Video) / Innoson Vs GTBank: EFCC Arrests Innocent Chukwuma In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Grace001: 12:38pm On May 04, 2020
Yewandequeen:
That 3k might be their last dime. What will you have them do than go complain about it? All fingers are not equal you know?

Many don't know about the use of banks social media handle for debit resolution or email. In addition, many don't have Android phone to browse internet with, and some that have the Android don't even have data.

I for one never visit bank for debit issue, I always use banks Twitter handle or emails except if I want to pay in cash or get new atm card.

You’re right the 3k might worth 30k to some individuals.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by guru90: 12:38pm On May 04, 2020
AuroraB:
...this is Nigerians for you cry
Which kinda this is Nig for u...

So, 3k no be money again...

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by watchindelta(m): 12:40pm On May 04, 2020
Avalancheman:

But there will be fewer deaths... cool
but they are ppl family undecided
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by sircrabo: 12:40pm On May 04, 2020
That particular branch is always crowded. As if they are taking down names of people that will like to go to Heaven there
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 04, 2020
Shezkid01:
NCDC will record more than
5,000 cases in the next 2weeks
There is likely more than 5000 cases already self especially from kano with about 80% positive fraction, God help us.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 04, 2020
[s]
Shezkid01:
NCDC will record more than
5,000 cases in the next 2weeks
[/s]

I Cancel that Statement
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by iCauseTrouble: 12:41pm On May 04, 2020
PharmD911:

you guys said worst when we have our first index case and nothing worst has happened
Nothing has happened? I guess you don't know the number as it stands now
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Fogman(m): 12:41pm On May 04, 2020
There is a time bomb on our hand. Easing of the lockdown is a time bomb
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 04, 2020
Seun:
At least these ones are wearing face-masks, so the risk of transmission is not as high as it would be without the face-masks

Queues have to be managed by security people in order for social distancing to be maintained. There's no excuse for allowing this to happen.

All those cloth/Ankara face masks are a waste of time and lead to a illusion of protection. If you can blow air through your mask, then it’s not protecting you or others

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by afroxyz: 12:42pm On May 04, 2020
ValCon888:
I don't want to be the harbinger of bad news, but this virus will continue to spread unabated until a cure or vaccine is found.

If you don't really have any pressing reasons to go out, please stay at home.

Have you not heard of herd immunity. Read up the Swedish and Dutch approach to Corona
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Happyguy201: 12:43pm On May 04, 2020
Infinity988:
Na social interacting be this

As for the lady in cream top and denim jeans trouser in the first picture, she gat my kind of booty wey I like to dey chop.

why u no dey chop better thing na? she no get yansh self
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by BareFacedLies(m): 12:43pm On May 04, 2020
Infinity988:

As for the lady in cream top and denim jeans trouser in the first picture, she gat my kind of booty wey I like to dey chop.

That one no be better nyash self

E get some wey big pass this one and na dem dey sweet pass grin
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by wink2015(m): 12:43pm On May 04, 2020
Compared to other banks in Nigeria GT Bank has a traditional habit of maintaining fewer number of branches in each state of Nigeria that they operate.

Like in Warri and environ.

GT Bank has one branch in Warri ( Airport road )

and a second branch in Airport Road Effurun.

TO RESPECT SOCIAL DISTANCING More bank branches of GT bank should be created.

Now that Coronavirus is a reality in Nigeria and the government of Nigeria want to promote social distancing as a way of curbing the virus spread then GT bank needs to add more branches to cover the numerous number of customers who need their banking services.

It was also help in crowd control and checking social distancing.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Powerintoxicate: 12:44pm On May 04, 2020
Infinity988:

you should be ashamed of yourself. Fucking pervert. wanking on a picture. Gosh
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Seun(m): 12:44pm On May 04, 2020
izzou:
[color=royalblue]So the security men will force them to have sense?
Crowd management is a major part of the job of the security men. It’s not as if they are busy doing something else. Any security man who sees people crowded together without face-masks and does nothing deserves to be fired.

Let them push and pull themselves. You can't compel an adult to save his own life
It is short-sighted to wish Coronavirus on anyone because the more people are infected, the greater your risk of being infected by one of them. You may think you are safe because you are staying home, but someone in your home could go out for an essential errand and bring it back home to you. Most of the people in those pictures would like to line up with the proper spacing, but because of the unruly minority, it has to be enforced the security guards. It is part of their job.

4 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by TheCOOLEST(m): 12:45pm On May 04, 2020
Seun:
At least these ones are wearing face-masks, so the risk of transmission is not as high as it would be without the face-masks

Queues have to be managed by security people in order for social distancing to be maintained. There's no excuse for allowing this to happen.

Bro there is excuse, we all know how adamant we are to instructions in this country, and if these security men decides to go tough, we'd call it assault, abuse etc. So I'd prefer they go tough since we don't like to be handled easily
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Adakintroy2: 12:45pm On May 04, 2020
Grace001:
Some people are there because of their 3k the bank has refuse to reverse. Why not stay at home if you don’t have any important things to do out there.

Some are there for less important transaction

That 3k may be all they have and it's equivalent to most people 3million.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by profmallor: 12:47pm On May 04, 2020
What did they expect to happen when they announced a partial ease of the lockdown, they just want Lagos to be another Kano, and its a calculated plan. But it shall fail in Jesus name, even if people catch it, they shall not die in Jesus name, but even it its water they take it shall heal them. The evil they want to see shall not work.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 04, 2020
afroxyz:

Have you not heard of herd immunity. Read up the Swedish and Dutch approach to Corona

Are you talking about the same Sweden that has At least 10 times more deaths than their neighboring countries Denmark and Finland? Are you talking about the herd immunity that has been discarded by many countries like England and Italy because they found many recovered patients had no antibodies present in their blood?

I think you are the one who needs to read up, Sweden is the only country that has more deaths than recovered patients at a staggering ratio of 2 deaths for every recovery.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Yewandequeen(f): 12:49pm On May 04, 2020
Grace001:

You’re right the 3k might worth 30k to some individuals.
exactly

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by ijayaone: 12:50pm On May 04, 2020
ValCon888:
I don't want to be the harbinger of bad news, but this virus will continue to spread unabated until a cure or vaccine is found.

If you don't really have any pressing reasons to go out, please stay at home.
a cure ia found in madagascar,african countries are importing it ,i wonder what d hell we are waiting for to impory ours.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Tousteejay: 12:50pm On May 04, 2020
AM VERY SURE THAT MORE THAN THIS PPL HERE WILL BE IN GTBANK IN ASERO,ABEOKUTA
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by ijayaone: 12:52pm On May 04, 2020
am not understanding it .madagascar drugs is working and african countries are importing it ..what the hell are we waiting for .
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by InvertedHammer: 12:54pm On May 04, 2020
/
Any picture(s) of Access bank?

As the bank dey behave one kind with the news, I expect run on the bank to withdraw before deposits enter voicemail.

/
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by blackboy(m): 12:59pm On May 04, 2020
The banks are in trouble
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by kayjay69(m): 1:03pm On May 04, 2020
Most people you see flocking to banks and market are probably people living within the same vicinity.
As for transportation, yes it will be more costly however they will continue to afford the best the can.
doggedfighter:

But I heard transportation is costly there. How then do they afford to roam

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Seun(m): 1:08pm On May 04, 2020
isthatso:
All those cloth/Ankara face masks are a waste of time and lead to a illusion of protection. If you can blow air through your mask, then it’s not protecting you or others
This is not true. The Ankara face masks are less protective than medical masks, but they will trap and redirect most virus-infected droplets flying out of your mouth when you speak quite effectively. So if they are worn by everybody, the risk of transmission is significantly reduced. They also provide a modest benefit to the person wearing them which depends on the design and the materials they are made from. This modest benefit will be the difference between life and death for many people.

2 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by cybriz82(m): 1:09pm On May 04, 2020
Infinity988:

Psycho look very well that woman dn reach to born u 3x..
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Shaprara: 1:10pm On May 04, 2020
Greatzeus:
Gtbank Ogba, opposite WAEC office is currently overcrowded.Many Customers have been waiting to carry out transactions since 7am,some even before. All the ATM are not currently dispensing.

Also major GTB around Ogba and Ifako and Fagba are not opened. Customers have to come from Fagba to this branch in Ogba, yet nobody is being attended to now.

The security men initially gave numbers to customers who want to enter the bank hall but when more people came,the numbers were disregarded because many were in the rush and don't want to wait in line.

Corona virus could easily spread in such scenario as this though almost everyone has face mask on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhnE_TYoOn8

I'm laughing, the government made a very bad decision to not allow banking to go on as usual during the lockdown, though Atms were open but going inside the bank wasn't allowed despite many banks opening low-key but not allowing any customers in, they could have been allowed in following social distance rules, but here is the situation now
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by Seun(m): 1:12pm On May 04, 2020
TheCOOLEST:

Bro there is excuse, we all know how adamant we are to instructions in this country, and if these security men decides to go tough, we'd call it assault, abuse etc. So I'd prefer they go tough since we don't like to be handled easily
I’m not talking about policemen and soldiers. I’m talking about the security men employed by the bank. If that pharmacy in Ibadan could enforce social distancing and mask usage months ago without assaultI g or abusIng their customers, I don’t see why banks can’t do it at a time when it’s been made compulsory. They just have to take a few moments to think about the best course of action before they start acting. Reasonable enforcement will be successful because people do not wish to die of the virus.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by cmecproblem(m): 1:13pm On May 04, 2020
This means GT Bank needs to improve their online banking services.
Re: Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded by afroxyz: 1:14pm On May 04, 2020
isthatso:

Are you talking about the same Sweden that has At least 10 times more deaths than their neighboring countries Denmark and Finland? Are you talking about the herd immunity that has been discarded by many countries like England and Italy because they found many recovered patients had no antibodies present in their blood?

I think you are the one who needs to read up, Sweden is the only country that has more deaths than recovered patients at a staggering ratio of 2 deaths for every recovery.

And yet the UK Italy, France have more deaths? grin

Even the number of confirmed cases in Sweden is lower than the recorded deaths in these countries.

I misunderstood you by saying you need to read up. Sorry you need to discern and understand what you read.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. / Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service. / Melinda Gates Rents ₦50Million Per Night Private Island(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.