Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

The Scam Statistics From NBS - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Scam Statistics From NBS (8662 Views)

Peter OBI Showing Lawyers At NBA Conference Where He Gets His Statistics From / Sanusi: Nigeria Throwing Away Millions Of Dollars In The Scam Called Subsidy / Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by gorecwears(m): 4:45pm On May 05, 2020
It is only a fool that will believe that there are more poor people in south east than south west,apart from Lagos state,no south western state has higher standard of living than any state in the east.Even Ebonyi,an average family in Igbo land has a millionaire due to the fact that most of them are entrepreneurs.The covid lockdown was a case study as regards level of poverty in some regions in Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by simplycarro: 5:30pm On May 05, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lol he is running away from the question .....the first set graduate to enrol into the Nigerian army what tribe dominated

Is that the reason they planned that foolish coup of Jan 1966. ?
Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by 7lives: 9:40pm On May 05, 2020
totit:

Weldone, bro!

Another one by the international body ;

https://www.nairaland.com/3108722/2016-united-nations-human-development

grin

Na war for developers o.
Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by 7lives: 9:59pm On May 05, 2020
manuelreports:

Imagine Anambra where rural women makes as high as 400,000 per month. My mum makes nothing less than 200k per month trading in a local market. This is higher than an entire family income in many South Western states. Thank God, I have travelled far and wide. They can tell that to people who don't travel. The day I went ro Osun state, I nearly weeped for them, no wonder once they enter Lagos they begin to claim omo Lagos.

Women makes 400k selling ugwu, and they still enter bus to come and sell ugwu in Lagos.
For your info, Yoruba women also sell vegetables, pepper and so on in Lagos and most of them are land ladies, they build their own personal house.
There are Yoruba women too, who don't even build house, they now buy houses which they sometimes remodeled to their tastes.
So you see, your women are still learners.

4 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by NGpatriot: 10:42pm On May 05, 2020
mrvitalis:

Blah blah blah ...what I posted was to show that there was no way South East can have 42% poor people ....it didn't happen in the past ...it was not the norm

No war or trouble happen in the south east since 2013 ...so how can the east move to 42% .... there is no way u can extrapolate and get at ...in stead u should be getting around 13% to 18%

What I posted exposed the NBS for smart people tho ....no you can go around with your hate

When the British employed based on merit n left which group dominated ? You are better educated my foot ...travel u won't hear ....thank God for nuc if not who know how many people u would have given professor without PhD like osibanjo

Sadly for you, this is your own opinion and ignorant conspiracy rubbish, has nothing to do with facts.

SE is poor even for obvious reasons like lack of employment and unproductive states, this is the reason why generation after generation, the people in the SE must leave their poor and unproductive states to make ends meet.

This is the reason why local, foreign and multinational investors don't venture into the SE and you won't see brands like Dominos, KFC, Coldstone creamery and similar establishment in the SE.

The SE is a poor market with meager purchasing power and disposable income. You leave your poor state to seek your daily bread in the SW for a reason, you are poor and can not make ends meet in the SE.

3 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by abduljabbar4(m): 12:11am On May 06, 2020
mrvitalis:

60% of all igbos are outside igboland and so it makes sense most igbos that are rich would be outside igboland

See outside Lagos ...south west has the lowest concentration of igbos than any region .... Lagos was a Nigerian project just like Abuja ...so relax

We have explained it over and over there are Chinese business men in Nigeria or poorer country doesn't mean Nigeria is better than home...to make money u have to travel

There are far more igbos in the north east alone than Lagos ....

We not only go to places to make money we also spread development unlike the hausas ...we build malls , hotels schools and factories ..... unfortunately this brought nothing but envy and hate to us ....so since 2015 or so there has been a shift ....and massive sale off of Igbo properties in Nigeria and moving them back to the east

Why do u think ibeju lekki has not appreciated or eko Atlantic is not moving ...we are no more buying

Hold it there for a minute. If you want to lie about the igbos, please restrict it to the southwest. What factories do you build in the North? If you are talking about baby factories, maybe I can agree. The best thing igbos are known for around here is manufacturing of fake drugs and sale of substandard goods. You don't build hotels here, but you build and occupy the brothels scattered all over Northern Nigeria. If we are talking about drug trafficking, you dominate us in our own backyard. I dare you to mention one famous legitimate ignoring businessman residing in the North. I hope you understand though, that by 'businessman ', I'm not referring to kiosk owners and hawkers. S
Development my foot

1 Like

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by abduljabbar4(m): 12:18am On May 06, 2020
Iblawi1:

You have educational problem.

Chinese are in Nigeria as expert building rails, roads, etc.

Others are as IT experts bringing in HUAWEI product.

Many bring Chinese finished goods to Nigeria and Africa.

One foolish Igbo man is here comparing Igbo to Chinese.

What did you bring from South east when you were coming to south west? Could it be Gala?

What knowledge did you have that you've experimented in South east before coming.

Even your Igbo Actor have to come to Lagos before they can blow.

South east is a failed land and it's the major reason igbos travel to feed their families.

All igbos can boast of is market where they sell second hand imported goods or better still downgraded imported goods.

You have to admire the way igbos lie and brag about those lies with impunity. I couldn't stop laughing when I read that. Igbos building schools, hotels, malls and spreading development in the northcheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Gabkosh: 12:56am On May 06, 2020
seunmsg:

Yemi Kale was appointed as head of NBS by Goodluck Jonathan in 2011 on the recommendation of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. He was responsible for the rebasing that catapulted Nigeria’s GDP to the largest in Africa in 2013. He was also responsible for all the beautiful statistics that Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was rolling out during her time as coordinating minister of the economy.

When Buhari came in, he gave us the statistics that showed that we were in a recession. He was a darling of you wailers. Buhari reappointed him in 2016 so that he won’t be accused of putting an APC member in that position in order to manipulate figures.

Now, put on your thinking cap for once and reread the rubbish you wrote about him. Why will Yemi Kale paint a rosy picture for the south west. Can you show us any statistics released by NBS since 1999 that doesn’t put the south west as the region with the lowest poverty rate in the country?

See, you don’t have to play the bigoted ethnic card all the time. Hold the governor of your region to account and stop chasing shadows. Playing the ethnic card when you should be lashing your leaders will only make things worse for your people.
But you have time sha. Why replying him. Why don't you allow them to wail in peace. Na wa for you people self.

Tomorrow, if WAEC rates south west states above them. They will call them names. Just allow them.
Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Gabkosh: 12:58am On May 06, 2020
Liebermantic:
Immediately I saw Anambra having More poor people than Osun, Oyo and Ogun, I lost faith in the Statistics..
I quickly looked at the name of the Agency DG..
Not surprisingly, it is headed by Afonja..

Even a dead man in the grave would turn in his grave as the fake statistics is put out
But you did not lose faith when a statistic said your dirty enugu is more resilient than Birmingham city. All you do here is chest beating how your enugu village is more developed than Birmingham.
Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Parisian: 3:38am On May 06, 2020
Hahahahahah
MinorityOpinion:
This is the highest level of pettiness i have ever seen. It's pathetic. Igbos don't weeps. I wonder where you got yours from.

If you think it's ewedu statistics, you too publish your akpu statistics and life move on.

sad
Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by NGpatriot: 3:59am On May 06, 2020
Liebermantic:
Immediately I saw Anambra having More poor people than Osun, Oyo and Ogun, I lost faith in the Statistics..
I quickly looked at the name of the Agency DG..
Not surprisingly, it is headed by Afonja..

Even a dead man in the grave would turn in his grave as the fake statistics is put out

Why UN rated Osun as Nigeria’s second richest state

THE United Nations’ Global Multi-Dimensional Poverty Index which ranked Osun State as Nigeria’s second richest state has three measurements and 10 indicators used to evaluate Overall Poverty. Every measurement is similarly weighted; every indicator within a measurement is additionally weighted and included. The index uses 10 indicators to measure poverty in three dimensions: education, health and living standards. The United Nations Global Multidimensional Poverty Index published a report on the poverty rate of Nigerian states that ranked Osun State as the second richest state.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/why-un-rated-osun-as-nigerias-second-richest-state/

Nigeria's Misery Index and How Osun Makes the Good Grade

Osun has been ranked the second less miserable and poverty-ridden state in 2017 in line with the objectives of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank recommendations. Osun State has shared the same goal of raising living standards of its people. Its approaches to poverty reduction are complementary, with the IMF focusing on macroeconomic issues and the World Bank concentrating on long-term economic development and poverty reduction. The implication of this ranking on the Misery Index is clearly desirable. The implication is good living standard of Osun citizens.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201801040021.html

Osun is ‘most peaceful state’ in Nigeria

Osun has been rated the most peaceful state in Nigeria, followed by Kogi, Ekiti Kwara and Imo states.

https://www.thecable.ng/osun-peaceful-state-nigeria

Human capital development index: Osun ranks second in Nigeria

Osun has been ranked second in Human Capital on Nigeria’s first sub-national competitiveness index released by the National Competitiveness Council of Nigeria.

The report released this month by the council took two years of research into factors that drive competitiveness in Nigeria’s 36 states and the FCT.

The research, which was funded by Ford Foundation and The Tony Elumelu Foundation covered more than 2,000 businesses, 8,000 households, 400 indicators and four pillars.

https://guardian.ng/news/human-capital-development-index-osun-ranks-second-in-nigeria/

Osun is way better than all your poor SE states based on so many metrics.

Being rich is not about how much you hid under your mattress.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by wealthtrak: 2:35am On Jun 14, 2021
LegendHero:

I have always told the Yorubas to re-validate any statement from Igbo. Based on the second link you posted which showed the World bank computation of Poverty headcount in the six geo-political zone of Nigeria. The SW has the lowest Poverty headcount and a better socio-economic metrics than any zone.

--First Image: Poverty Headcount Ratio by zone 2004,2014

--Second Image: Number of poor by zone (Note: This is by number and most times depend on population. India will have high number of poor people than Nigeria, but that might not mean India is poorer by percentage) Even in this SW had the lowest number in 2013.
To understand this better, you can see the North East has a lower number of poor people in that stat than even the SW but when you see the percentage metrics you will see NE has lot of poverty.

--Third Image: Middle-Class Households by zone 2004,2013
This showed the SW had the highest middle class in Nigeria than any other zone by percentage

--Fourth Image: Dynamic Poverty Profile by zone 2011-2013
The SW has the lowest number of chronic poor, Transient, and the Highest non-poor people in Nigeria.

M.r.vit.al.is, I am using your own data that you provided and according to World Bank, the SW has the best metrics than any other region and this is not from Yemi Kale. Do you think we won't re-validate the link you posted? Don't ever try to play smart on me coz I always re-verify.

Can you now cover your eyes in Shame?

Source:http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/103491483646246005/pdf/ACS19141-REVISED-PUBLIC-Pov-assessment-final.pdf

CC: Sammy07 totit FlyoruB
Deep stats!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by wealthtrak: 2:39am On Jun 14, 2021
LegendHero:

World bank report released in February also clearly showed that the South West has the lowest poverty metrics in the whole country.

Let us take it one after the other and not mix things up. Have you gone through the NBS report and see how they define each terms they use and what they did to reach their conclusion? Statistics is not about your personal experience alone.

World Bank, Oxford University, and NBS cannot all be lying at the same time. It may be because you guys always attribute false belief of your true might and that has created some illusion of being rich. All of those sources cannot be mad at the same time.
You're a genius! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by wealthtrak: 2:50am On Jun 14, 2021
FlyoruB:

Bro, na their way. I used to be very gung-ho about refuting every one of their lies but at some point I just had to relax after realizing that upon all their chest-beating, the reality on ground remains constant. undecided I came to the conclusion that their loss of the civil war really messed up their sense of self-worth, hence their nagging need to constantly revalidate their self-esteem by embellishing and exaggerating their achievements while deriding others. That motivation causes them to twist facts in their desperation to project a false superiority. But like I said, nothing has changed after all these years of attempting to demarket the Yorubas in order to make themselves look better than they actually are. They are still the ones rushing us. undecided. Upon all, they are still leaving their 'most developed' region (with all its mansions) in droves to come and hustle in 'brown roof Republic' cheesy. Ain't that something? Nobody except they themselves believe their hype.
grin grin... Deep insights.
Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 14, 2021
seunmsg:

Yemi Kale was appointed as head of NBS by Goodluck Jonathan in 2011 on the recommendation of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. He was responsible for the rebasing that catapulted Nigeria’s GDP to the largest in Africa in 2013. He was also responsible for all the beautiful statistics that Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was rolling out during her time as coordinating minister of the economy.

When Buhari came in, he gave us the statistics that showed that we were in a recession. He was a darling of you wailers. Buhari reappointed him in 2016 so that he won’t be accused of putting an APC member in that position in order to manipulate figures.

Now, put on your thinking cap for once and reread the rubbish you wrote about him. Why will Yemi Kale paint a rosy picture for the south west. Can you show us any statistics released by NBS since 1999 that doesn’t put the south west as the region with the lowest poverty rate in the country?

See, you don’t have to play the bigoted ethnic card all the time. Hold the governor of your region to account and stop chasing shadows. Playing the ethnic card when you should be lashing your leaders will only make things worse for your people.

You're using logic and reasoning with yeebos? Sheer waste of time. All that matter is what "our dilector" says about issues.

1 Like

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by theInterpreter: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2021
Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by SarkinYarki: 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2021
This is the kind of false stats the Buhari govt forced Yemi Kale to publish
Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by LegendHero(m): 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2021
LegendHero:

I asked you to apologize for opening this disgraceful thread.

Just say Sorry Yorubas on this thread, I have now known that SE has more poverty than SW based on Data from Worldbank that I (mrvitalis) provided myself. I am sorry for lying against Yemi Kale and I beg the mod to close down this thread to save me (mrvitalis) from further disgrace.

The apology is for wasting our precious time!

mrvitalis come here.

I am still waiting for the apology since 2020.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Shaolin0147(m): 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2021
LegendHero:

mrvitalis come here.

I am still waiting for the apology since 2020.

grin grin grin
Mr Man you can descive any other person but not me, SW leads the south in poverty stricken people
Talking about statistics, you'll have to tell me the measure they used to alive at that figure, cause as everyone in Nigeria knows, igbos lead in trading, importation, industries, diaspora remittance, education and also have huge present in civil service sector

All these have helped to spread wealth in Igbo land and uplift ppl from poverty

But I still can't figure out what Yorubas dominate/control to overtake igbos in poverty index, obviously the stat is misleading
Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Obdk: 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2021
Yemi oluwole kale admitted he was asked to doctor the statistics
Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by theInterpreter: 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2021
Obdk:
Yemi oluwole kale admitted he was asked to doctor the statistics
he also said he didn't budge cheesy

besides this is not the type of stats he was asked to doctor

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos / Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP / Top Boko Haram Leader Arrested In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.