Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America (104027 Views)

Lady Storms Bank In Delta To Confront Rival For Dating Her Married Lover. Photo / Big-Sized Man & His Woman In Doggy Pose In Their Pre-Wedding Photos / Man Accuses Wife Of Dating A Corper, Sends Her Packing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by machiavelli95: 10:50am On May 08, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Is it difficult to simply be a man, be considerate? Just look at d archiac guy that said women are created to serve men, if na so, men are created to take care of women.

Contrary to public perception, Men are the fairer sex by nature. Men are simple and quite direct with thier wants. But women take advantage of that most times. How often do you see a woman do something selflessly for a man (unless the man has recalibrated her brain with good dick!)?
And quite frankly women dont have that word "loyalty" in their diction. They rarely reciprocate empathy and altruistic love.
It seems the only way to get a woman on your side these days is by manipulation via good dick, psychology or religious constraints. This is also why the bad guys get the girls while the good guy get burnt. This is true for most women.
Men are adaptive creatures. So we adapt. The only exceptions are the ones with principle

15 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by josh2297(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2020
These talks here in mine opinion does not have a solid legal standing...firat and foremost There are no laws in the USA or in africa(Nigeria) dat sets different standard for men and women anybody can b a victim of any law whether man or woman anywhere let me highlight these few points
1. In d event of a divorce in d USA d spouse who recieves d highest income gets to pay alimony...things tend to get complicated wen children(if still very tender) gets involved then the partner who gets d custody of d children is entitled to a child support which is very fair considering d fact dat a single parent will definitely have to work less hours
2.. Any laws dat are seen to b tilted towards in d USA are in marriage amd unmarried man is free to live his life anyhow he wants and treat women anyhow he wants...u are not being forced to get married to any woman overhere so u can as well get a babymama from diffrent women(dere are free and plenty of sweet punanis here)
3... If u as a man must get married then insist on protecting ur livelihood savings and investment by insisting on aigning a pre-nuptial agreement
4...most of these liberal laws in d states and some other places are just to target the institutuion of marriage and create societal problems...they encourage children to b very stubborn...they tell u dat u dont have to condone anyrin even an agrument in marriage they offer u divorce at ur fingertips and d gullible ones fall into...why not ask y d top people in hierachy most times are always married while those at d lowest cadre of d society are busy divorcing demselves at slight provocation
5....Lastly these shld not b seen as a gender tin...this is clearly agendas...take 4 instance...if u want to b crucified villified and ridiculed as an american(whether man or woman)...then try having a serious legal issue qith a homosexual by dat time u will seriously feel dat u are really a second class citizen.... Real Women in sports today are complaining dat transgender females are beating dem to their games which is unfair they are been told by this same law to go to hell....or d issue of Joe biden which is still an ongoing one....d law, liberals,even so called rights group will work very hard to silence dat lady...so d liberals laws here a actually pointing to sometin that is not very clear yet...but d fact is very soon hetrosexual male and female will b victims of their own circumstance.....I dont blive people change,i blive they get to show their real charcacters wen they get d opportunity

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Bizibi(m): 11:11am On May 08, 2020
pocohantas:
Alfa males done use tears full this thread.

Sorry, you guys can’t change nothing. grin grin
hmmmm
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Levelzguy(m): 11:31am On May 08, 2020
pansophist:

I think its wife before children, otherwise, your post is on point. cool
kids are the most important in most marriages..They come first
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by XhosaNostra(f): 11:32am On May 08, 2020
Zoie:

Yes o. Ebony fantasies. Thats how one white guy kept pleading that I should come abroad to see him, he wants me to be his gf. For where? Even if I want to, I no get money for visa.
Dude unfriended me later on undecided

Yeah, with them it's always about sex & they're very vulgar about it, which I find offputting. Lol, he didn't even have the decency to offer to pay for your travel arrangements if you're going to be his sex slave? grin Smh.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by XhosaNostra(f): 11:38am On May 08, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

So true. I think we need to borrow a page from the Asians on this. Over here I hardly see any Chinese guys dating white girls. They keep to themselves and fate their own.

Asian women love white men though lol. It's like they feel like they've made it in life when they date or marry one.
I really don't have a problem with interracial dating, it only disgusts me when people act like it's an achievement marrying someone of a different race.

9 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Lleigh(f): 11:43am On May 08, 2020
The problem is in generalisation. Most African men abroad who marry white people treat their wives differently. It's known it's seen. This same man would treat a black wife differently. Why give one reverence and the other a take it or leave it attitude.
We all need to do better and communicate. If your wife has gone to do a twelve hour shift and you have been home, is it fair to expect her to come home and start another shift with you claiming rights. The issue in marriages these days seem to be more along the pressures of living. Talk properly and you will find peace at home is not an illusion.
We are no longer living in a world where it's only the man bringing food to the table. It's both and it will be hard for anyone doing the same job as their husband to come back home and start while he sits and does nothing.
Its been mentioned why other races like Chinese and Indian don't divorce. It's because of family dishonour, a lot of the women in those races are mentally depressed and trapped. They are not happy and the make sure their son's spouse goes through what they went through. Don't let the outside deceive you, they are hiding a lot of suffering women and domestic violence is rife.
Let's all just learn to talk more and communicate effectively.
Ladies if you are dating a man and he expects you to do everything it will not change when you are working and children come along.
We are all afraid of being seen as vulnerable for the person we love.
Both parties if you really love each other you will help each other.
Stay safe

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Jaqenhghar: 11:44am On May 08, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Asian women love white men though lol. It's like they feel like they've made it in life when they date or marry one.
I really don't have a problem with interracial dating, it only disgusts me when people act like it's an achievement marrying someone of a different race.
Hahaha. Iknow right. That reminds me. I was having lunch and 2 of my colleagues, white girls were there gisting. I think they were talking relationships. Then I overheard one tell the other something like. "You know black men cant resist white women...". Out of the corner of my eye I saw the other nudge her and gestured her to keep it down. I did the poker face thing but deep inside I was really angry. But then whose fault is it really we act like coons around them.

4 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by ArchAngelos999: 11:46am On May 08, 2020
tiptoe1:
Let me chip In a little. If you successfully get your papers and decide that you want to pick a girl from home, please and please you need to open your eyes and be careful cause it's also as deadly as getting married to an akata.

The western law have made husbands completely infim. You don't expect her to stay the same way and knowing laws in the Western world lets her own the house, the children and majority of the things you have. Many Nigerian wives realize their potentials once they get to tge US. Some of them do worse thing to their husband just to prove a point to their husband that they aren't in Nigeria where husbands has upper hands. So once their eyes tear, they over do it and torment their husbands with it.

if I marry for naija court con carry my wife go Yankee you mean say na their laws my marriage go dey under?

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by ugolinze123(m): 11:52am On May 08, 2020
Eniolakiite:
My view is many Africans don’t have a good cultural identity.

We move to Germany, we behave like them. We move to UK, we behave like them immediately. We move to US, France...and so on and we keep behaving like them. It’s unfortunate.
I see Indian men and women who immigrated here who still act their values and culture irrespective of how much dollars they earn or where they work.

But Africans, immediately they cross that Atlantic ocean like this, we change everything and no originality again. It’s unfortunate.

Stop changing your real self because of change of location.
sense will not kee you...the only sensible and reasonable point mad in this thread so far. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Eniolakiite(f): 11:54am On May 08, 2020
Are there no more women to marry in Nigeria ??

Kazeemakeem:

Hook me with a friend for marriage,i stay in nigeria
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by afroxyz: 11:55am On May 08, 2020
emmaodet:

Are you saying our laws enslave our women? is there any part of the law that enslaves women? why are we quick to demonize our country? is there anything nigerian men are doing that the women dont have access to? Most times we talk, open threads on how to travel to abroad etc, some even do thanksgiving in church for getting a visa and somehow look at others as unfortunate for been in nigeria and i wonder where are we getting this mentality from? who told these guys people in nigeria are suffering while the ones in abroad are the fortunate ones?
And that is how some of my friends will come home and be sneaking/hiding from people as if we way they here dey hungry, even with your coming home i will still flex you and host you so what the fvck?
Like what the op said in his first statement that - ''leave that your native brain'' to HELL with him if he thinks he is better off than some here because he thinks like a native fowl too. Leave your yeye bride and bigboyism too etc
I dont know his family or background but i believe he his part of the people who scream ''moti bo - Am free'' when he got his visa at walter carrington in VI

And yet he can't even save $2k monthly and has to work overtime to meet up grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 11:56am On May 08, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Yeah, with them it's always about sex & they're very vulgar about it, which I find offputting. Lol, he didn't even have the decency to offer to pay for your travel arrangements if you're going to be his sex slave? grin Smh.
Do you mind the guy? Lol. He was looking for black skinned Africana to fvck. But God pass am.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by heniford2: 11:59am On May 08, 2020
eduwizard:

What is Akata? Can't you guys ever write something in plain English without including native slangs.
google it �
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Parisian: 11:59am On May 08, 2020
You're right
RamessesIV:
Liberals took over government,same people that gave blacks rights,gays rights too
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by afroxyz: 12:11pm On May 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Nigerians laws and cultures have women living as subhumans aka slaves.
Why do you think women continue to fight for equality in the eyes of the law ? Have you not been able tp put 2&2 together by now on that ? undecided

Culture that produced Queen Amina, Queen Idia, the women who rioted in 1929 while the men were looking on, Funke Ransome-Kuti (Fela's mom),. Grace alele Williams, Ezekwesili who ran for president. Mr man, if the women in your family did not stand up to be counted, don't blame culture , blame them for having entitlement mentality.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Kingarthur21: 12:14pm On May 08, 2020
lenghtinny:

Oh! Life’s all about the free sex now.....
You are not to decide what life should be for me. You know no shit about me. You don't know if I have a career and/or business I focus my energy on. You don't know what I do when I log out,so hush your bouche.
f na whitey Dey share puna up and down, she’s liberal but if na naija or black babe, she’s loose ( you people love to call it ashawo).
point out where I have called a girl ashawo on this forum before or called naija girls ashawo before. Else,shut your gob

I still don’t get how you hail the white babes yet bash the black babes for the same thing.

It’s called hypocrisy....
you have no prove for this so kindly shut up

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by XhosaNostra(f): 12:16pm On May 08, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Hahaha. Iknow right. That reminds me. I was having lunch and 2 of my colleagues, white girls were there gisting. I think they were talking relationships. Then I overheard one tell the other something like. "You know black men cant resist white women...". Out of the corner of my eye I saw the other nudge her and gestured her to keep it down. I did the poker face thing but deep inside I was really angry. But then whose fault is it really we act like coons around them.

Even their men have that kind of a superiority complex & don't take it too well when you don't eagerly throw your panties at them. I also understand why they feel that way though, some people feel honoured when a white person takes interest in them, like they're not another human being full of flaws like everybody else.
There's this friend of mine (she's black married to an Indian)...her husband's friend (another Indian) is married to a white lady. So this one time I met this white lady for the 1st time at my friend's place. They had just arrived from india & she was telling us about how "nice" (aka ass kissing) the people over there were to her on that trip. They showered her with gifts & even took photos with her because she's white. I'm talking random villagers who came over to her mother in law's house just to see her, also bearing gifts. She says she felt like a celebrity. LOL! Anyway, the same lady couldn't even make a decent meal & her husband was always complaining about it to friends, but I guess he's only tolerating it because she's a status symbol to him in the eyes of his countrymen. She was also very untidy. My friend says during the week they spent at her house, one evening my friend went to use the bathroom & when she flushed the toilet, the water came out red. She said she wondered why the water was like that & decided to open the water tank thingy, inside she found the lady's bloodied underwear. When she asked her why her underwear was in there, she told her that she was on her period & the sight of blood makes her queasy, so to avoid the mess, she simply stuffs her soiled undies in there...to wash themselves, basically. She even said Kashief (her husband) has no problem with it. It's amazing the kind of things people overlook & tolerate when white people are involved grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Kingarthur21: 12:19pm On May 08, 2020
Sterope:

I don't know of that woman that wants her husband to respect her as another adult but who would prefer a doormat for her brothers. Example, is me. My brothers don't want a doormat and their masculinity is not threatened because of fear of treating another human being with respect, kindness and understanding.

where did the issue of doormat or disrespect come from in our conversation? Its obvious you don't know what a traditional wife is.
Men have moved mountains and sacrificed their lives for traditional women. If you can't differentiate between doornar and not a traditional wife then I can't proceed with this conversation.

You ladies give masculinity a bad name always,you always omit chivalry from masculinity and define it in terms of oppressing women

8 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by ArchAngelos999: 12:22pm On May 08, 2020
Dollywood:

Hahahahaha, I'm literally laughing my ass out �
you are not literally doing that, trust me.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by XhosaNostra(f): 12:27pm On May 08, 2020
Zoie:

Do you mind the guy? Lol. He was looking for black skinned Africana to fvck. But God pass am.

Would you ever settle for one though? I don't know why I don't find them attractive. Maybe if I didn't have to kiss one I could give it a try. There's just something about the inside of their mouth I find repulsive, every single one tongue
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by MenGoingThereWay: 12:36pm On May 08, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
my brother is married to one
So will you say my friends are right about Latinos
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 08, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Would you ever settle for one though? I don't know why I don't find them attractive. Maybe if I didn't have to kiss one I could give it a try. There's just something about the inside of their mouth I find repulsive, every single one tongue
Lol. What happened to his mouth?
I don't think I'm as attracted to white guys as I am to dark skinned black guys.
Though there's some element of attraction, I prefer dark guys.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by ugolinze123(m): 12:45pm On May 08, 2020
eduwizard:

What is Akata? Can't you guys ever write something in plain English without including native slangs.
Akata na african American women also known as AA...

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by RamessesIV(m): 12:51pm On May 08, 2020
You can't compare Africans with Indians,indians have an organized culture that cuts across belief,practice and morals and is very old,African is not even an identity just a tag for "black people" in africa,we didn't develop cultures with identities like the rest of the world aside maybe ethiopians and somalians,and also an average nigerian shares a lot with Europeans,from religion to language we have been already ve influenced by western culture before migration hence why we can blend in,if not for our color countries like south africa,angola would be called western countries.
Eniolakiite:
My view is many Africans don’t have a good cultural identity.

We move to Germany, we behave like them. We move to UK, we behave like them immediately. We move to US, France...and so on and we keep behaving like them. It’s unfortunate.
I see Indian men and women who immigrated here who still act their values and culture irrespective of how much dollars they earn or where they work.

But Africans, immediately they cross that Atlantic ocean like this, we change everything and no originality again. It’s unfortunate.

Stop changing your real self because of change of location.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by mablie(m): 12:55pm On May 08, 2020
One4me:
Everyone should be happy with the way Technology is helping shape human relations.
Women like you want to "subdue" men by all means necessary, hiding under the pretext of "equality and protection", when in actaul fact, what you are aspiring for is "subjugation and oppression" of the men folk!

The trend has been on the rise for sometime now, especially in the West.
And a lot of people wonder: Why do men go into this arrangement called MARRIAGE, that seeks to emasculate, subjugate and oppress them?
The answer is that most Men are created to want "Love/Sex and Children.
Most men see Women as THE ONLY MEANS fo realising those two things.

What else does a man want froma woman, apart from those two, think about it for a minute? undecided
Your wife will give you regular sexual satisfaction (as much as you would give her too though they like to pretend that it is just for your own benefit!) and then she will be pregnant with your child and bear children for you, to continue your lineage.
That is what majority of Men cheirsh in marriage that keeps them falling into the same trap of marriage, despite the very visible dangers it poses to their health and life. But that is changing radically now and l am loving it McDonalds
Men is very desperate situation who lose their mind when they cannot take the female oppression of their wife anymore, resort to violence as a counter-measure but l think and see it as an act of weakness in that losing control of yourself will always be a negative, an act weakness over "self".

Now, l am certain that in about five years or ten at the most from today, a man will no longer go into marriage solely because he thinks he cant have SEX or CHILDREN, unless he marries or engages a woman in any manner that requires responsiblity ot a woman.
This is the best thing that can happen to women, since the invention of The Pill.

A man can have unlimited Sex and have his own Children, .....yes, his own children, without the need for the drama and dangers of women!
You dont need a WIFE to have sex children and ensure your family name is carried to the next generation.
From surrogate Mothers, to outright in-vitro ferterlisation of a donor egg (which we can soon be buying off Amazon or Ebay, in afew years time grin ) with your own sperm!

Who needs to bother his head with laws that seek to cage men or give his sweat to an ex-wife or make him pay Child support to fund the wayward lifestyle of a bitch?
I watched Andersen Cooper on CNN the way he held his baby and there was not single mention of "his Mother"....... and that blew my mind!

Women will just have to live in their own lane (Yes, have their own Children and sex, without Men) and Men to will live in their own lane.
No more taking advanatge of any law to "protect women" or give them a leg-up.

And l also forsee one thing: Very soon, just like the clash of the planet of Apes, we are going to have an open, physical, bloody war between men and Women, and at the end of that war, one gender will be conquered and out in their place.
It could be the male or it could be the female gender! grin grin
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by XhosaNostra(f): 12:56pm On May 08, 2020
Zoie:

Lol. What happened to his mouth?
I don't think I'm as attracted to white guys as I am to dark skinned black guys.
Though there's some element of attraction, I prefer dark guys.

They always seem to have a sticky looking mouth, IDK lol. I do like their sarcastic humour though, minus the tawdry bits.
I get you smiley
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Zannix(m): 12:58pm On May 08, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
AfroKnight:
See, marriage is a lose-lose situation for any straight manly man in the US.

Two ways to be happily married as a man.
1. Be lucky to find a good wife. ( grin Good luck finding one)

2. Learn how to be happy with (and for) yourself regardless of good or bad energy from your wife. Derive your joy from your everyday small wins.

There’s one last option but it involves being a foôl
3. Be a simp.

Women have arm twisted that society to hand them the keys of the kingdom. Being masculine puts you at a disadvantage. You must take shît or they’ll grind your àss. It’s so bad that raising your own son to be a man is deemed toxic. But you’d see them applauding you if your little boy grew up to be a woman.

Hierarchy of importance in the American home:
1. Your children
2. Wife
3. Pets
4. Furniture
5. And finally You, the man.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Parisian: 1:03pm On May 08, 2020
Typical of yall to blame women for your woes, when in actual fact most of the men are not victims. They think because they brought her they can change women like wrapper, keep late nights, boss her around, beat her etc forgetting that they're not in Nigeria where women are beneath them. Lmao.
emmaodet:

Lol.
Ok i get you now.
I also believe they are getting wiser now not to come home and pick a woman.
There was a time people in Lagos too do go back to their villages or hometown to pick women with the excuse that cities girls are bad but now such is no more again

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nephilim: 1:03pm On May 08, 2020
Sterope:
Sarcasm is lost on you
hahaha..You're right! Sarcasm has no place in me, I only made you wallow in yours grin
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by shekauvsbuhari: 1:03pm On May 08, 2020
Amazo1:
a story is told of a man who wanted to marry, I will never marry any of this city girls, they are too wayward he would say.he contacted his mother who quickly found him a bride. Bride price was paid all marriage arrangements concluded. The new bride moved to Lagos to live with her husband. Night came and the husband was expecting to unveil his virgin bride. pre-intimacy started, the husband casually touch his pubic hair, he noticed a large growth,why not think of shaving it one of this days ask the husband. No no no I will not touch it , that's why I am called afro baby by all the village boys
Comot here. Na lie you dey talk.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by veykey: 1:13pm On May 08, 2020
Kingarthur21:
aside the court of law(due to divorce or child support) they can't treat you wrongly. You don't have to spend a kobo on them,enjoy free sex because they are liberal (you can go a whole year without paying ashawo).

Just don't get them pregnant,or marry them, you are safe
I laugh in Spanish. You think so? Please do well to tell us the outcome later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (32) (Reply)

You Visit Your Fiance For The First Time And You See This House (photo) / Guys Checking Out A Lady's Backside Inside A Club / Man Staring At A Massively Curvy Lady’s Backside (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.